percentages #6

Confused...

i can not seem to get the sum of $33.00 - 7%   (it equals $30.69) ho
do i do that on an excel worksheet?

please help...

--
johnsmit
johnsmith's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2635

I dont get it... its probibly the most simple function... but I cant
figure it out. Please Help

--
johnsmith
johnsmith's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=26355

johnsmith Wrote:
> I dont get it... its probibly the most simple function... but I cant
> figure it out. Please Help

Hi John

If the $33.00 is in cell A1 use this formula in B1 =A1*(100-7)/100

Paul

--
Paul Sheppard
Paul Sheppard's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=24783

Thank you so very much Paul!!! I feel so stupid because I am not very
good at excel. You are a lifesaver!!!

--
johnsmith
johnsmith's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=26355
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=396203

If the $33.00 is in cell A1 use this formula in B1 =A1*(.93)

"johnsmith" wrote:

> Confused...
>
> i can not seem to get the sum of $33.00 - 7%   (it equals $30.69) how
> do i do that on an excel worksheet?
>
> please help....
>

> --
> johnsmith
> johnsmith's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=26355
> View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=396203

percentages...
If I want to make a spreadsheet with the number of times a player has turned out for his team in a season, what is the formula to put in the cell. For example, John Philips has made 15 appearances out of a possible 22. I do not want to put in the formula sum=15/22*100 as I wish to simply tupe 15 in the cell and get it to change the cells contents to 68%. I know how to get it to put this figure into another cell, but how do I get it to do it in the same cell as the info I type. Is this possible? Secondly, if I have the said mr.Philip' percentages for the last say eight years, how can I get ...

Missing Emails #6
I personaly saw this happen. let me start by telling you about the setup... Exchange 2003 SP2, Outlook 2003 all updates on xp pro sp2 all updates. Ok , one of my outlook users stopped getting email for two days. when I checked it out everything looked fine. I told him to send me an email to my outside account. which I recieved and replied to, here is where it gets strange. I verified he recieved the mail in Outlook Web Access. But he never got it in Outlook. so I logged back in and it was gone.I suspect it is in the same palce as his previous two days mail but I cannot find it. This has me ver...

tax percentage field Functionality to automatically calculate taxe
Microsoft Dynamics CRM 3.0 should include a tax percentage field or the functionality to automatically calculate taxes. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=a287...

percentages
Hi people, I'm new to this excel stuff. I am trying to make a 12-month budget plan, and one of the tasks was to increase an expense by 5%. So like for january I start with $50 and then I have to increase the next month by 5%. Is there a formula for this? I need help!! ASAP!!! Thanks. "Dee" wrote: > So like for january I start with $50 and then I > have to increase the next month by 5%. Is there > a formula for this? Yes. If the Jan amount is in A1, and Feb should be 5% more, computed in A2, the formula would be: =ROUND(A1*(1+5%),2) If you copy t...

Lost 6 hours of updates to Word Doc from Outlook!!!
My wife was working on a very important document for work and lost all 6 hours of the updates she made to the doc she opened from Outlook. She must now go in tomorrow morning and tell her business unit that she is not prepared! Thanks Bill, maybe you can tell here business unit that it's really not my wife's fault but yours! What will it take for Microsoft to put a simple popup when you open a Word doc attachement from Outlook saying something like: "If you plan on updating this document, make sure you save it in one of your folders." Instead of putting so much e...

percentages
How do you format a percentage in the last column? The first column consists of a total, the in-between columns are totals for the day, and the last column takes the first columns total and subtracts all the columns in between and gets a total. I need the last column to be a percentage of the first column. I want it to tell me a percentage of the orginal total. For example I need to know when the orginal total is down to 50%. Hope someone can help me. Thanks Jo Newkirk:) ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~ View and post usenet ...

Service Pack 6
Does anyone know how critical it is to install sp6 before installing the year end payroll tax update? We are running Great Plains Standard 7.5 with sp5. We do not use the software to produce 1099s and do not have commissioned payroll. It looks like those are the only two things this service pack might affect for the modules we have. I would like to just install the payroll tax update without installing sp6 because we had some difficulty installing sp5 -- don't want to get into the same problem here at year end. Feedback, anyone? Thanks! I was in the same situation and decid...

Percentages? How?
I am currently running a price guide that looks as follows: A B C D E F Item Price Cost SRP GP% Retail Unit Column C is the Customer's Cost per Retail unit (F) Column D is the Suggested Retail Price Column E is the Gross Profit Percentage Column E is =(D1-C1)/D1 to arrive at the GP%. *Now* I want to reverse the process! I need to type a percentage into E and have D pop up automatically. (I.e., instead of typing in an SRP of $2.50 on an item that costs $1.36 to arrive at a GP of 45.6%, I want to type 40% and find out what the SRP woul...

Conditional format #6
Is there a way of hiding data using conditional formatting on both screen and print? Setting the font to white hides it on screen, but it still prints black. TIA Ian Ian, I was surprised to hear you say that, so I did a quick test. And guess what, the white formatted (Yes via CF) text did not print on my system (XP, Excel 2000). -- HTH Bob Phillips ... looking out across Poole Harbour to the Purbecks (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "Ian Coates" <ic2@ntlworld.com> wrote in message news:cZ7Vb.770$f71.404@newsfep3-gui.server.ntli.net... >...

Adding the 4 highest numbers from a set of 6
I wish to select the best 4 scores out of a maximum of 6 and add them together to produce a ranking based on that criteria, using XL 2003 One way =SUMPRODUCT(LARGE(A1:A6,ROW(INDIRECT("1:4")))) Regards, Peo Sjoblom "seasport" wrote: > I wish to select the best 4 scores out of a maximum of 6 and add them > together to produce a ranking based on that criteria, using XL 2003 ...

Address Book program for Windows CE 6
'Looking for a suggestion for an address book program for an ASUS MyPal A639. It has Outlook in it but I don't have Outlook on my computer and the need is to input some 200 to 300 names, addresses, phone numbers, birthday anniversaries, email addresses, FAX and cell numbers. Outlook looks like a bit overkill, if it can do the job. Any suggestion for a program to install on my computer, create the contacts database and then upload into the MyPal? Using the "stick" with the PDA could be detrimental to ones sanity. <G> -- Don Vancouver, USA Outlook is what th...

Payroll Posting Accounts #6
When I am doing a Build Checks, I am getting many messages that a posting account is not setup for some benefits. Those are setup with a specific department value, position is ALL and the specific benefit code. When I look - I see the codes for the department/code combination. I put in a combination of ALL/ALL/ALL and point to the SUSPENSE account. When I complete payroll, there are no posting to the SUSPENSE account. I have run Checklinks on the Account Master under Financial and on the Posting accounts in Payroll Has anyone seen this ? Becker, Are you sure you assigned all the...

Profiles #6
I have Windows XP Pro SP2 running Office 2003. I have 6 workstations and wll be adding 4-6 user accounts. I am not using roaming profiles. Is there a way to deploy an Outlook email profile to the all the workstations or do I have to do to each station and set their email profile up? That depends on two key details you didn't mention:=20 1) Will each user be logging onto the machine with their own Windows = login?=20 2) Does each user's Windows login match their mail account?=20 --=20 Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.turtle...

Sum last 6
I have a column with 52 rows for each week in a year. In the 53rd row, I need a formula to sum the last 6 non-zero values. This is to represent the most current 6-week sum. As data for each week is added, the formula will sum a different range. Any ideas? one way: Assume 52 rows of data start in A2 and end in A53. Then in A54: =SUM(OFFSET(A2,COUNTA(A2:A53)-6,0,6,1)) In article <42207b22.0403011825.6cac1089@posting.google.com>, jkeese@wi.rr.com (jk_target) wrote: > I have a column with 52 rows for each week in a year. In the 53rd > row, I need a formula to sum the las...

percentage help
Hi Guys. I am trying to calculate a percentage increase based solely on previous and expected percentages. Out of 100% of all orders 20% of them are in system 1 and 80% in system 2. We currently have delays with a total of 13% of all orders within the systems. 4% of the delays are in system 2 and 9% of the delays are in system 1. In 4 months time we will be moving from having 20% of all orders in system 2 to having 60% of all orders in system 2. Based on this what % of orders will have delays and what will the split be. ---- Current usage delays Total % 100% 13% System 1 20% ...

CEdit in Toolbar VC 6.0 Question
Hello, I have a CEdit control in a toolbar. I am trying to change the value of a variable in the application's document and I think I am going about it the wrong way although it seems to work. Here is what I have in my MDI app: in CMainFrame I have the following message map that I had to add manually since I could not app wizard so that for me. ON_EN_CHANGE(ID_ROT_ANGLE_EDIT, OnRotAngleChange) void CMainFrame::OnRotAngleChange() { char str[3]; int nRotationAngle; m_wndToolBar.m_wndRotationAngle.GetWindowText(str,3); nRotationAngle = atoi(str); CFrameWnd* pFrame = (CFrameWnd...

Percentage
I need to calculate the percentage of a number in a specified period. Can excel calculate a percentage of an occurence? <Can excel calculate a percentage of an occurence?> Yes. But I think you need to be more specific to get any helpful answer. What exactly are you trying to do? -- Kind regards, Niek Otten Microsoft MVP - Excel "Office 2004 Test Drive User" <pbrewington@youthservicesagency.org> wrote in message news:C15BCC6F.963%pbrewington@youthservicesagency.org... |I need to calculate the percentage of a number in a specified period. Can | excel calculate ...

outlook and outlook express #6
In terms of e-mail configuration, is Outlook and Outlook Express the same? My e-mail is not working. My service provider says that it cannot provide support for I am using Outlook, not Outlook Express. Best regards, The basics are the same between both programs but many ISPs won't help set up outlook because the screens are a bit different. Are you getting any errors? -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Search for answers: http://g...

Putting text percentage at top of the bars showing the difference
Is it possible to show the percentage difference between two bars on a graph? Is this what yoru lookign for? http://www.andypope.info/charts/floatinggap.htm "lah" wrote: > Is it possible to show the percentage difference between two bars on a graph? ...

Percentage calculations
I need to design a sheet that has along the top 1 - 50 (number of questions in the paper) and down the side has 1 - 50 (number of questions answered correctly). Is there a way of filling in the graph without going to each cell and entering the formula one at a time, for instance the first cell would be B1/A2*100 and so on. I have tried but cannot get the correct formula to use, can you help? Have a look in the help index for ABSOLUTE -- Don Guillett Microsoft MVP Excel SalesAid Software dguillett1@austin.rr.com "Deltic" <paul.bentley@networkrail.co.uk> wrote in message news...

Custom formatting #6
Does anyone know of a custom format I could use where the result of the formula; =AV31/AS31-1 returns #DIV/O! Thanks Pat Hi not possible with a custom format. Either use =IF(AS31=0,"",AV31/AS31-1) or use conditional formating and checking for =ISERROR(cell_reference) and assigning a white font "Pat" wrote: > Does anyone know of a custom format I could use where the result of the > formula; > > =AV31/AS31-1 > > returns #DIV/O! > > Thanks > Pat > > > ...

microsoft flat scrollbar control version 6.0
Hi, I have dynamically created the microsoft flat scrollbar control on my modal dialog: o_ScrollBar.Create("",WS_VISIBLE|WS_CHILD,CRect(1004,62,1542,80),this, 1004,0,FALSE); o_ScrollBar.SetOrientation(0); // Set vertical It is created and visable but the event OnScroll() belonging to this control is never fired if i move the scrollbox around. I created a second MS flat scrollbar via resource workshop and added the classes and meber to my project. This second control does fire the OnScroll() event. Why does the dynamically created scrollbar not fire the OnScroll() event ???? N...

Percentage Problem
This might sound silly but I am trying to find the percentage i.e % when the amount of percentage is given A1 contains an amount say 500 A2 contains an amount say US$ 14.05 (which has to be multiplied by A1 A3 contains the percentage amount i.e US$ 65.13 (this is the charges arrived for percentage - but what i want to know is how much percentage is it) I would appreciate if somebody could tell me how to calculate the percentage from the percentage value -- Message posted via http://www.officekb.com =A3/(A1*...

check box #6
I put a number of checkboxs in my spreadhseet - all in a strait row going down. But, I didnt line them up properly - is there a way to snap them to grid or somehow line them all up with each other (they are all the same size) ? Thanks ynissel, I hate to be this way but it will be easier to remove all but the top one and start over. I place the first one the way I want it in relation to a cell, I then just drag down as many as I want and they are all lined up. This works if you have NOT assigned the check box to a cell. If you have already assigned it to a cell it will give you cop...

What is the percentage
Hi I have a value of (A) 642 and a value of (B) 385.20. The difference is 256.80 what formula would I use to find the percentage of value 256.80 Thank you -- smile "All" about percentages in Excel: ============================================================= About percentages in Excel Niek Otten, July 26 2006 In Excel, percentages are stored as fractions; 15% is stored as 0.15, 100% as 1. That makes it easy to calculate with; just multiply a number with a percentage and you get what you need. No need to divide/multiply by 100. In fact, if you see a calcul...