Path\File name length problem Excel Crash on save as

I have a problem saving a file in code using:

thisworkbook.SaveAs

The problem is if the file and path length is greater than 150 then the
Excel app crashes.  I have tried this over a network as well as a local drive.

Has anyone ever seen this problem?

Thanks in advance,

Stewart Rogers
0
Datasort (9)

what happened to my pst files?
Hi people. I was keeping my pst files on a memory stick to be synchronized at home and at work. That is, I carry the memory stick to home and to work and make outlook read the pst file from the memory stick so that I the same contacts, calender and other pst files are updated. Normally I used to have several pst files on my memory stick. Today I realised that there is only one pst files named outlook.pst. Everything works fine but how come that all the pst files all of a sudden reduced to a single file? I did not do anything, so who did? =) or how this happened? exciter <t24680@hot...

Why do I have 2 "Sent Items" files in Outlook 2003?
This header is as close as I can come to my problem. I have 2 "sent Items" files in Outlook 2003. One contains material from 5-May-09 to 22-Dec-09. It is stored under the Inbox. The second has material from 5-May-09 to 13-Nov-09 and is in a folder of its own at the bottom of the list. Issues: Why does this occur? Does it have something to do with backup? How do I recombine them without creating duplicates (I don't have Access)? How do I prevent it from happening again? Thank you for your help and Seasons Greetings ...

Exporting from Excel to a text file
How do I export only the visible cells, not the hidden ones, in an Excel spreadsheet to a text file? Copy those visible cells to a new worksheet nad save from there (as .txt)? Select your range edit|goto|Special|visible cells only edit|copy to the new sheet edit|paste Josh Brien wrote: > > How do I export only the visible cells, not the hidden ones, in an Excel > spreadsheet to a text file? -- Dave Peterson I was actually wanting to use a filter to gain the row of information I need and export them to the text file using a button with a macro attached if it's possible...

One Label for Each Address, adding "Family" Name
I'm using Access 2007 where I have a database with 575 karate students (with a lot of siblings). Each student is on a separate record. I want to create mailing labels but here's where I get stuck. (1) Only one label to each address (2) Instead of full name I would like it to say "The Smith Family" (3) In today's age, some households have multiple last names. Not sure how to handle that, possibly "The Smith & Jones Families". Fields that I will be using for this are: First Name, Last Name, Address, City, State, Postal Code I greatly appreciate any sug...

get the running path
Hi, i know there was an possibility to get the application exe path from the main args. But I do not remember how to extract the information. Could somebody give me the example? Thanks, Holger hi holger, try this TCHAR szPath[MAX_PATH]; GetModuleFileName(GetModuleHandle(GetExeName()), szPath, MAX_PATH); -- kind regards, muechel while(!sleep()) ++sheep; hi, Try GetModuleFileName() AfxGetInstanceHandle() Dont remember which one will give the path. hth gangadhar Holger Krei�l wrote: > Hi, > > i know there was an possibility to get the application exe path from t...

Excel 2000 Crashes
I can open excel spreadsheets no problem. As soon as I try to change the font, or the font size, it crashes. Anyone have any ideas? Thanks Try changing to a different printer driver to see if that helps. Or maybe a different video driver???? Jeremy Ricketts wrote: > > I can open excel spreadsheets no problem. As soon as I try to change the > font, or the font size, it crashes. Anyone have any ideas? > > Thanks -- Dave Peterson It happens with any sort of formatting. Bold, change fonts, conditional formatting. I will try new drivers. Thanks "Dave Peterson&quo...

missing files
anyone else lose all (over 200) their excel files in the past 12 hours ? ...

Is there a function in excel where you can the beginning of the mo
I am trying to look for a function that would will display the first of the month if the cell I am referencing is a date in that month. For instance: I have a date that says 12/16/09 I want the function/formula to return 12/1/09. Is this possible? I cant seem to find it anywhere. This will return the 1st of the month for the date entered in cell A1: =A1-DAY(A1)+1 -- Biff Microsoft Excel MVP "Monique" <Monique@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2E4C8E96-319A-4872-8927-4B7179BA0030@microsoft.com... >I am trying to look for a fun...

Is the value of Identity.Name accessable at client side?
I wonder if the value of Identity.Name is visible (any way) at the client side? So, it is safe to use the userID as cookie name? FormsAuthenticationTicket ticket = new FormsAuthenticationTicket(1, user.Id.ToString(), DateTime.Now, DateTime.Now.AddMinutes(30), false, "", FormsAuthentication.FormsCookiePath); System.Web.HttpContext.Current.Response.Cookies.Add(new HttpCookie(FormsAuthentication.FormsCookieName, FormsAuthentication.Encrypt(ticket))); Thanks! On Feb 26, 12:28=A0pm, "Arjen" <boah...@hotmail.com> wrote: > I wonder if the value of...

Can I convert a publisher file to a Adobe PDF?
I want to convert a desktop publisher file to a pdf, can it be done? Yes. Perhaps a better question would have been "How* can I convert a Publisher file to a .pdf?". First, you could purchase Adobe Acrobat. This will also allow you to edit .pdfs. Or you can download PrimoPDF from www.primopdf.com. It's a 10 meg file so if you have dialup, you may want to wait until late at night to do it. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "Mel" <Mel@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:346A6FD7-870A-43A5-AB28-4108B6DBC824@microsoft.com... >I want...

CRM 4.0 Outlook installation error "The network Path was not found
Hello All, I'm trying to install crm 4.0 on outlook 2007. I keep getting an error at Databaseinsaller.progressmessage "Action Microsoft.Crm.Config.Common.InstallDatabaseAction failed. The network path was not found." I read that if I add the user to Server Surface Area Configuration utility it would work, but it did not for me. I'm running vista ultimate and windows 2008 64 bit. Any help is appreciate it. I can't believe that this install is so difficult. What gives!!! Thanks ...

Hyperlinked Command Button accessing .xfdl file
I am attempting to place a command button on one of my forms that will allow me to open either a form flow document or a .xfdl document. I have succeeded in using the application.followhyperlink command in VB but the application that runs the forms opens but the form does not load for the application.. On top of that when I try and access the applications forms manually the application appears to be in read only mode and wont allow me to access any of the application forms manually. -- Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access-forms/2...

Required .DLL file not found
When I try to open a .pub file by double clicking on it, I get error message " A required .DLL file, MSO97.DLL, was not found." The said file is on my PC and if I first open MS Publisher I can open the .pub files from within the application OK. I have checked the file type association relates to MS Publisher ok. Any advice, please? Michael -- If replying direct please remove NOSPAM. from my email reply address Do you have your original disk? Might do a re-install. The .dll is on your setup disk, if you can find it on your hard drive, rename it to mso97.old and drag a new ...

How do I reactivate a pst file that was moved
My laptop had to be wiped clean due to a virus and I transferred my pst files from my on-line backup to my laptop after re-installing Windows and I get the following message when trying to open the pst files: The file was moved, renamed, or deleted (and wasn't closed from Outlook first). Is there a way for me to fix these files? Probably not. What steps did you use to corrupt the file? Have you tried the Inbox Repair Tool? http://support.microsoft.com/kb/272227/en-us -- Russ Valentine "JJ" <JJ@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:73DB19B2-3...

Copying updated files
I keep two copies of my files at work, each on their own drive. At the end of the day, I want to copy from one drive to the other (1) all the files that have been created and updated, as well as (2) any NEW directories and subdirectories that have been created. (You would think that negating /-T would work, but it doesn't.) It would also be nice if it would (3) delete subdirectories I've deleted, but I don't want to ask for the moon. You would think XCOPY would have a switch to do this, but if so I haven't been able to puzzle it out. It dances all around it, but ...

How can i save an email with...?
How can i save an email with the modified date to be the sent date in outlook2003? Described it clearly: i need to save an email to an .msg file. and the file's modified date that i need to be the file's sent date. "Sam" <netrocker@gmail.com> ���g��l��s�D:exo5Faf1FHA.1564@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > How can i save an email with the modified date to be the sent date in > outlook2003? > The only thing I can think of would be to try and write some custom code that saves the item to the filesystem and manipulates the metadata. -- Aloha, -Ben- Ben M...

path...
I created an executable file that opens a .pdf file. The path I use is "MyFolder\\MyFile.pdf". However, when I installed the .exe and MyFolder in the same location it did not open the .pdf file. However, when I put the FULL path to the .pdf file it worked fine. Do I need somthing like the following? "..\\MyFolder\\MyFile.pdf". Thanks in advance, RABMissouri Are you running the exe through a shortcut? Make sure the startup path is the same as the executable path. A better solution would be to get the path of the Exe and use that. GetModuleFileName() AliR. "...

Problem with _bstr_t
Hi! I'm working with MFC 7.0 in VC++7.0. I have trouble with destruction of some _bstr_t when working with MSXMLDOM object. Here is my code, where I think I have memory leaks. Can anybody please help! - Kjetil. CString COPGXMLDomSupport::GetAttributeValue(CString strAttributeName) { _bstr_t bstrTmp = ""; _bstr_t bstrArg1 = strAttributeName.AllocSysString(); CString strRet = ""; IXMLDOMNamedNodeMapPtr spNodeMap; IXMLDOMNodePtr spTmpNode; try { m_spSelectedNode->get_attributes(&spNodeMap); spNodeMap->getNamedItem(bstrArg1.GetBSTR(),&spTmpNod...

Open another file
I have an Excel model for which I created a manul in Word. I put a button in the model which I would like to launch the manual. Workbook.open won't work; does someone know what the VB Code is to launch a Word doc? I have the filepath in a variable. Thanks! -- Paul How about inserting a hyperlink to the DOC file (Insert, Hyperlink)? -- Jim Rech Excel MVP "Paul" <Paul@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A119F03F-009D-450A-9742-EFA175BAE4D0@microsoft.com... |I have an Excel model for which I created a manul in Word. I put a button in | the model which I...

Linking to Excel files via VBA
Good morning all, I'd create linked tables (Excel spreadsheets) programmatically to extract certain data prior to manipulation. I don't want to import this data, as there's much MUCH more than I need - I only need to get some recordcounts from SQL based on these spreadsheets (identical structure), then manipulate that data. I'll be parsing over 50 directories for files with certain names, and obviously this will be much simpler if automated. I've got all the code done except for the automation of the linked tables, and VBA help is not helpful, nor is google - I'...

OWA strange problem #2
I have a general mailbox that users access using outlook 2003 (internal) and OWA (Exchange 2003) external. If the message in the inbox, the external user can open it and save the attachments with no problem. If the message is moved to a sub folder withen the inbox, then the user can't access some of the emails and some of the attachments as well. When double click on the message, we get "page can't be found. HTTP Error 404 - File or directory not found. Internet Information Services (IIS)" Yet, from outlook 2003, we can access this email fine and save the attachments w...

Copying rows from Subsidiary Files to a Master File
Hi Have a problem here at work. I need to copy multiple rows from single sheet from 5 subsidiary files into a master sheet in a maste file. Before, I was just required to copy from within the same file an Merjet helped by providing: Sub Combine() Dim ws As Worksheet Dim iRow1 As Long Dim iRow2 As Long Dim iCol As Integer iRow1 = Sheets("Master").Range("A65536").End(xlUp).Row For Each ws In Worksheets If ws.Name <> "Master" Then Debug.Print ws.Name iRow2 = 1 Do Until ws.Cells(iRow2, "B") = "" If ws.Cells(iRow2, "A") = "...

Linked files and UNC paths
Whenever I link an excel file to my publisher file, the link always goes to the unc path of the excel file, instead of the drive letter. Due to planned moves and renames of our file servers, we would like to have everything pointing to drive letters instead of UNC paths. In excel en word, this behaves properly, if I link a file on a mapped network drive, it will keep the drive letter. In publisher, it doesn't. Any ideas of how I can tell publisher to stop converting to UNC paths? ...

Can a spreadsheet be saved as interactive webpage
How is it possible to save a spreadsheet / workbook as an interactive webpage in office 2007 that can be used online El Plate;417307 Wrote: > How is it possible to save a spreadsheet / workbook as an interactive > webpage > in office 2007 that can be used online If I understand your question correctly, in Excel 2007, press Alt+F+A, in the SaveAs window, select the "Save as type" as "web page", you have the option to select the entire workbook or worksheet, click on Publish, check the option "Open published webpage in browser" and click on Publish. ...

How locate a file attached to a Contact? (v3.0)
I opened up a Contact record, click on the paperclip button and successfully attached a file. Now I can not find the file that was attached. Where will I find it? I looked everywhere I could think it should be. The help documentation and newsgroup did not address it. Please advise. Thanks. Click on the notes tab... ======================= John O'Donnell Microsoft CRM MVP http://codegallery.gotdotnet.com/crm "KNELSON-SCI" <KNELSONSCI@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:ADA282D8-F7C8-4CA9-BFC1-0D5B86B41EBB@microsoft.com... >I opened up a Contac...