Pasting Subtotal Results

I have a long worksheet with subtotals.  I want to cut and paste th
Subtotal Results only.  If you cut and paste, when pasting, it show
everything that was in the subtotal.  I just want to paste the resul
of the subtotal.  I've tried cut and paste value only, but it doen'
work.  Does this make sense?  Please Help!!

--
tche
tchen's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2606

I presume you've collapsed the subtotal outline and want to copy only the
values that are shown, not the hidden rows.  To do this highlight the cells
you want to copy and press CTRL+G to bring up the Goto window, click on the
'Special' button at the bottom of the window.   Click to put a bullet beside
'Visible cells only'.  Now press CTRL+C and you should see the dotted lines
appear around each subtotal, click in the sheet where you want to paste and
press CTRL+V and only the visible cells will be pasted.

Andrea Jones
http://www.allaboutoffice.co.uk
http://www.stratatraining.co.uk
http://www.allaboutclait.com

"tchen" wrote:

> I have a long worksheet with subtotals.  I want to cut and paste the
> Subtotal Results only.  If you cut and paste, when pasting, it shows
> everything that was in the subtotal.  I just want to paste the result
> of the subtotal.  I've tried cut and paste value only, but it doen't
> work.  Does this make sense?  Please Help!!!
>

> --
> tchen
> tchen's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=26060
> View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=393988

Windows Not Starting Past Loading Bar
New to the forums, hope this is the right place for this. For the last few days, I haven't been able to start Windows past the green loading bar. The first couple of days when I tried to turn on the computer it would take me to an 'Error Start Up' screen where I would try to restart using safe mode or something. Now though, it does the blue HP screen, then goes black with a grey loading bar that says "Loading Files" and then from there it goes to the green loading bar. This has happened to me once before, although, it was fixed in just a couple of days....

Formatting Result of Date AND Time Difference
I am subtracting a date and time (General Format) from Now() and wish to see this in the form of Days:Hours:Minutes for purposes of Payroll, for my business. "Clocking in" is maintained with date as well as time (General Format) and I've an Access form with a query of those who have not clocked out. I am using SQL to feed the form, and need a calulated field which converts the decimal duration into "clock" hours (Hours and minutes since clocking in). VWP1 wrote: >I am subtracting a date and time (General Format) from Now() and wish to see >thi...

End recurring appointment without changing edited past appointment
In Outlook 2007 I have a recurring appointment. I changed some of the past appointments and edited subject. When I end recurrence and save, my past appointments lose changes and edits. How can I end appointment with out losing these changes and edits? When you change the end date it regenerates the appointment. If you need to end it and keep past activity, export to Excel and import (after deleting all the other appointments from the excel sheet). -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://...

labels for subtotals
Hello: I'm going to create an Excel macro that, among other things, subtotals a column of numbers based on column B. Column B contains account numbers. (So, the macro will sort by column B, first.) I'd like for the row that shows the subtotal to have a distinct label. The label essentially will come from column C. Column C contains the account number description. This subtotal label will make it easier for the end user to understand what is being subtotaled. Is it possible to program a subtotal "label" in Excel? childofthe1980s On Feb 21, 1:01=A...

Selective increase of numbers when pasting
Hi, if i have a formula with multiple cell numbers (ex: IF(A1=B1, A1) ) an i try to copy this formula to multiple cells by dragging from that cel down, it automatically adds +1 to each number. so the next ones would read IF(A2=B2, A2), IF (A3=B3, A3), and so on. How do i make it so only some of the numbers are increased? if i wan each A cell to compare to B1, i don't want B1 increased, but i want th A cells increased. my actual formula is a lot longer, i just picked a simple formula as a example, but same idea. Thanks -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Take a look at &...

What's the best way to paginate a query result for a gridview?
I have added pagination controls to the gridview, but the query to the database is taking too much time so I will have to change that controls. So my problem now is other. I think I need to paginate the query to the database and then to control the pagination controls by hand. My question is: What's the best way to paginate the query result to then be able to control the pages I want to go? Or there is a way to use a cache for the query to make it faster... Thanks in advance for any help. Regards, Marcelo. "someone@microsoft.com" <someone@microsoft.com> wr...

View pictures pasted in Outline View
Hello, In the next version of MS Word, please restore the ability to view pasted pictures in Outline View as was the case in Word 2003. When Word 2007 came out, I was astonished to discover that when in Outline View, I could no longer see the numerous pictures I had pasted in Word docs while using Word 2003. The space taken up by the picture is still present but I have never discovered how to actually see the image without changing to a non-Outline View. Thank you ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with ...

Copy/Paste Rows
When copy/pasting rows i notice some machines copy existing formulae & some don't Assume this is some sort of Excel settings Any Clues? I have never seen it nor am I aware of any such setting. (I don't know anything about xl2007 if that is what you are using). -- Regards, Tom Ogilvy "JethroUK" <reply@the.board> wrote in message news:u$W5V8T6GHA.200@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > When copy/pasting rows i notice some machines copy existing formulae & > some don't > > Assume this is some sort of Excel settings > > Any Clues? > ...

Cut & Paste fonts
I have a strange problem with Outlook 2000. When I cut text from any source (including another email), then paste it to a new message, the font is changed from 'Normal' style to 'Paragraph' style. My default setting for composing and replying are 'Normal' & 'Times New Roman'. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance. Rick ...

Is there any way to give xsl in C# a hint as to how large the resulting document will be so that it preallocates more efficiently?
Is there any way to give xsl in C# a hint as to how large the resulting document will be so that it preallocates more efficiently? DR wrote: > Is there any way to give xsl in C# a hint as to how large the resulting > document will be so that it preallocates more efficiently? C# uses System.Xml.XslCompiledTransform with .NET 2.0 or later and System.Xml.Xsl.XslTransform in .NET 1.x. I don't know of any settings or properties or methods to define (or hint at) the size of the result documents. Why do you think it is necessary with managed code? Are there other XSLT processor A...

"paste special" "paste link"
I want to paste a ROW of cells from one excel file using "past special" and "paste link" to another excel file but into a COLUMN on the same amount of cells. I can not get it to "rotate" from a ROW of values or formulas to a COLUMN. IS this possible? Look up Transpose in the Help Index "lssweatt" <lssweatt@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:977AAEE3-5921-4888-A23B-9CE914B18496@microsoft.com... : I want to paste a ROW of cells from one excel file using "past special" and : "paste link" to another excel file ...

How do I copy a result without copying the formula?
Let's say I got a result of 216 in cell A1. I want to use that same result in A1 to another calculation without copying the formula. How do I do it? What have you tried? To use that result in another formula, you write A1 instead of a number, i.e. something like =A1+23 On Wed, 2 Feb 2005 10:51:02 -0800, "riffmastr7" <riffmastr7@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Let's say I got a result of 216 in cell A1. I want to use that same result in >A1 to another calculation without copying the formula. How do I do it? ...

Copying only subtotals
In doing Data>Subtotals and then clicking on the 2 to show only subtotals, how do I copy and paste only those subtotals into another spreadsheet without it pasting in all the data in between? Thank you. Connie Sorry....I found my own answer here: http://www.dailydoseofexcel.com/archives/2004/04/19/copy-subtotals-only/ Excellent! "Connie Martin" wrote: > In doing Data>Subtotals and then clicking on the 2 to show only subtotals, > how do I copy and paste only those subtotals into another spreadsheet without > it pasting in all the data in between?...

How to paste exact column and width
Hi! This is a cool service! My question is--I am trying to copy a worksheet to several more worksheets, but when I just simply copy and paste I get the default heights and widths. How do I copy and paste without losing these personalized widths and heights? Your help is appreciated. Thanks, shannon Shannon, Welcome to the newsgroup. This isn't a "service" though. It's rather a group of individuals that enjoy sharing their knowledge to help others. For more on the ng's, take a look here: http://www.cpearson.com/excel/newposte.htm What is a good "service&q...

keyboard shortcuts for paste-special/formats/value/...
Hi! Are there any keyboard shortcuts for the various paste special variants? Thx. No direct ones, either Alt > E > S and whatever you choose from the popup dialogue box or you can record a macro -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "xirx" <xirx@gmx.de> wrote in message news:42683eda$0$297$4d4ebb8e@read.news.de.uu.net... > Hi! > > Are there any keyboard shortcuts for the various paste > special variants? > > Thx. ...

setting text result set more then 8192
Hello there I am building system which take procedures from one place, displaying the script of store procedure and then i taking it and run it in a different server. But if the procedure script is more then 8192 it cutts it in the result. Is there a way not to cut it? On Thu, 8 Jul 2010 17:24:54 +0300, "Roy Goldhammer" <royg@yahoo.com> wrote: >Hello there > >I am building system which take procedures from one place, displaying the >script of store procedure and then i taking it and run it in a different >server. > >But if th...

Getting Data Validation to execute when using Paste Special... Val
I know that when data is normally pasted into a cell that contains Data Validation, the Data Validation rule is deleted/cleared. However, if I use Paste Special... Values, for example, the Data Validation rule is preserved, although it does not execute. It's only if I subsequently edit the cell (after having performed Paste Special... Values) that the Data Validation rule executes. The code below causes copied data to be pasted only as a value (thereby preserving the Data Validation rule). What I can't seem to figure out is how to cause the Data Validation rule to b...

Populating a text box from query results
I am new to Access programming and would consider my skills intermediate. Here's my problem: I have a form with three dropdown boxes that display data from different tables, a text box and a button. The form is going to be used to display some information from a query that I have built (the query works). I need to populate the form's text box with data from the query. The data from the query will be dependent upon what the user enters into the dropdown boxes. I know that I will probably have to use some VB programming in which I am novice. I have looked all over the web and can'...

subtotals #7
multi-level subtotals appear out of order...I have not cleared the summary below data box This sometimes happens if the data is not sorted prior to running the subtotal procedure.......... Vaya con Dios, Chuck, CABGx3 "dougkissack" <dougkissack@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D5D97DEA-D4E7-4993-BE56-9841827B9B10@microsoft.com... > multi-level subtotals appear out of order...I have not cleared the summary > below data box maybe..... Debra Dalgleish has posted this: ======= The problem may be corrected by installing this hotfix: http://s...

Slow subtotal and insert row
Hi, I have a worksheet with about 400 rows. Data looks like: Name calls Peter 5 John 3 David 9 Jenny 1 Gina 10 Peter 2 Gina 6 Mary 6 David 3 I want the number of calls made by each person. So what I have done is a sort, then a subtotal, then insert a row after the subtotal to make it look better. I find the code for the calculation of the subtotal and insert run very slowly (takes about a minute. I can see the screen flickering and the rows being inserted). Is there a way I can make it run faster? One ...

How do I copy an Excel chart to paste into InDesign?
I have a chart in MS Excel 2000 and when I select it, copy it, and then paste it into InDesign CS2, the labels on the lower horizontal axis do not come along. Is there some special way to do this that I'm missing? 1. Are you pasting into a frame? If so the default setting is to crop the graphic. You may just be cropping the bottom. 2. My experience is that axis labels in Excel sometime do not transfer well. My solution is to leave all labels blank, along with the chart title and use Indesign to label chart. 3. If you wish you can try and see if you can export the chart to a jpg or ...

Excel 1004 Error When Pasting Special W/ Macro
Hi all, I'm looking for some help with this macro...it has me really confused because it was working earlier, but now it hangs on this line of code (it is asterisked below) Selection.PasteSpecial Paste:=xlValues, Operation:=xlNone, SkipBlanks:= _ False, Transpose:=False This macro runs when the workbook opens and copies the contents of one sheet and pastes only the values to another sheet. The range that is being copied from and pasted to are both the same size. I have also tried this by selecting the upper-leftmost cell in the area I want to paste to but it has ...

copy & paste #6
I would like to copy all the file names from a folder in explorer into Excel. Is this possible? I am using Window XP and Excel 2003 Ray, Dim i As Integer With Application.FileSearch .NewSearch .LookIn = "C:\Documents and Settings" .FileType = msoFileTypeAllFiles .SearchSubFolders = False If .Execute > 0 Then For i = 1 To .FoundFiles.Count Range("A" & i).Value = .FoundFiles(i) Next i End If End With HTH, Bernie MS Excel MVP "Ray A" <Ray A@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:ABBF9854-EE96-48B6-81...

Outlook 2002
Is there a way to clear out the cache in Outlook 2002 so that it doesn't try to "auto-complete" the name I am typing with old e-mail addresses? I use Outlook quite a bit every day, but it is still presenting me with e-mail addresses I deleted months ago when I type someone's name on a new message. It does also list the current one, but I have to actually choose the current one from the list. It's not a major problem, just annoying. Seems like if you haven't used a deleted e-mail address in month, it should eventually forget about it. Thanks! Joe D. ----== P...

concatenate formula result with text ?
This is my pseudocode. Two question actually: 1) how can I concatenate the following? --(B5/B3) * 100 is numeric -- add text to this result? (B5>0,(B5/B3)*100 & " % increase", (B5/B3) * 100 & " % decrease) 2) how to eliminate trailing decimals and only have a whole number from (B5/B3) * 100? Thanks I was having a syntax error. Here is a formula that works for both questions: =IF(B5=0,"",IF(B5>0,INT(ABS((B5/B3)*100)) & " % increase", INT(ABS((B5/B3)*100)) & " % decrease") & " since last year."...