Pasting into merged cells #3

I want to copy information from an area that doesn't have merged cells to an
area that has merged cells.  When I do this I either get an error message or
when I use the Paste values and number formats it only pastes every other
entry.  Is there another way to paste that I don't know of that will paste
into the merged cells?
--
Thanks,
Nikki

Hi
best would be to get rid of merged cells.
You could of course paste cell by cell

"Nikki" wrote:

> I want to copy information from an area that doesn't have merged cells to an
> area that has merged cells.  When I do this I either get an error message or
> when I use the Paste values and number formats it only pastes every other
> entry.  Is there another way to paste that I don't know of that will paste
> into the merged cells?
> --
> Thanks,
> Nikki
0
frank.kabel (11126)
10/25/2004 3:17:04 PM
hi,
Merged cells will always give you that problem. best to
get rid of the merged cells.

0
anonymous (74722)
10/25/2004 3:32:38 PM
"=?Utf-8?B?Tmlra2k=?=" <Nikki@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in

> I want to copy information from an area that doesn't have merged cells
> to an area that has merged cells.  When I do this I either get an
> error message or when I use the Paste values and number formats it
> only pastes every other entry.  Is there another way to paste that I
> don't know of that will paste into the merged cells?

An old post, I know, but I just found the solution to my problem, which was
similar to yours - and no, the soluton isn't "Don't do it", which seems to
be what people pontificate when they don't have the answer.

Simpy, do a "paste special" and select "formula". This works for me when I
need to paste text.

Now anyone else with the same problem can Google this answer.

jaybee
0
invalid (293)
5/11/2005 11:42:39 PM
"Don't do it" is not "what people pontificate when they don't have the
answer," it's what people pontificate when they know that merged cells
are the spawn of Satan and cause far more problems than they are worth...

In article <Xns9653C8824985Djebouchard451yahooca@204.153.244.170>,
 "Jacques E. Bouchard" <invalid@invalid.invalid> wrote:

> and no, the soluton isn't "Don't do it", which seems to
> be what people pontificate when they don't have the answer.
0
jemcgimpsey (6723)

Sum of specific cell from several worksheets
I have a workbook with 12 worksheets, one for each month of the year. I also want to add a "year to date" worksheet. Is there a simple way to take the sum and/or average of a specific cell, over the 12 month period, and carry it over to the same cell on the YTD worksheet? Example: I have a "total pay" in cell A1, on each of the 12 worksheets. I want the sum of all of the A1 cells to compute in cell A1 on the YTD worksheet. Ensure that the YTD sheet is placed outside of the group of 12 monthly sheets. Ensure that the 1st month (eg: Jan 09) and last month...

How can i merge all the information into one ?
I hace 3 worksheets that when first made were identical but since each worksheet is managed by individual users they have changed it and made ittheir own. What I want to do is merge all 3 worksheets and make a master worsheet with info from all 3. What's the best way to do this? On Sun, 28 Feb 2010 05:35:01 -0800, Santi <Santi@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I hace 3 worksheets that when first made were identical but since each >worksheet is managed by individual users they have changed it and made >ittheir own. What I want to do is merge all 3 workshe...

fonts #3
I cannot access bowl dingbats-4tt. >-----Original Message----- >I cannot access bowl dingbats-4tt. >. >How do I get response? By giving more details as to what the problem is. Like which version of Publisher are you using or what error message are you getting.......something more than "I cannot access bowl dingbats-4tt." -- The problem with resting on your laurels is that eventually you are sitting on dead branches. JoAnn "Willy" <downswilly@msn.com> wrote in message news:042f01c36cec$cbc0fcd0$a501280a@phx.gbl... > > >-----Original Messa...

Shortcut for centring whatever is in a cell?
Is there any keyboard shortcut for centring whatever is inside a cell/selection of cells? For instance, in Word, "Ctrl E" will centre text on a line. Is there anything similar for Excel? Don't think there's a built-in shortcut key, but here's a play to set-up the centring for: CTRL+j (Try on a spare copy/new book) Press Alt+F11 (to go to VBE) Click Insert > Module Copy and paste the sub CentreAcrossCells below into the whitespace on the right '--------- Sub CentreAcrossCells() If Selection.Cells.Rows.Count > 1 Then GoTo Pop End If ...

how to put 3 text boxes on the form that...
I have a form based on following query SELECT qryData.SID, DateDiff("n",[timein],[timeout]) AS Minutes FROM Duration, qryData WHERE (((qryData.timeIn)>=[from]) AND ((qryData.timeOut)<=[to]+1));\ On the form, I want only 3 text boxes: 1. Uniq SID count 2. total recound count 3. total hours Thanks With a crosstab: TRANSFORM Count(*) AS c SELECT SUM(minutes) As TotalMinutes, COUNT(*) AS NumberOfRecords, COUNT(c) AS NumberOfDistinctSID FROM qry GROUP BY 1 PIVOT sid IN (null); Note you also get a fourth field, <>, which is to be disre...

Chart Question #3
is it possible to create a chart, skipping columns or rows I need to creat a chart using data from every other column and another using data from about every 5th row Any help appreciated David Hopper I'm open to correction on this, but I believe the best way to do this (assuming you don't want to delete the in between data, and resort the columns somehow) would be to create a macro that copies the data you want into the right format (probably on another sheet) and make the chart from there. Something along the lines of: sub MyCopy() dim NewSheet as worksheet dim OldSheet as w...

How do I copy a formula/paste w/o losing the cell content?
I have a formula such as "=sum(d34+d35)", I decided to move the location, but when I move the location the formula is now "=sum(d31+d31). I would like to move the first formula anywhere on the spreadsheet w/o it being changed. How do you do that? Is it an absolute value or something like that? Yes. The formula must be written as =sum($d$34+$d$35) ******************* ~Anne Troy www.OfficeArticles.com www.MyExpertsOnline.com "CShannon" <CShannon@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:04CAD401-FDF9-46C0-BCF4-D8F28A410ABE@microsoft.com... > I ...

Mail Merge and conditional formatting Word 2007
Need some Help.. My disconnects mainly pertain to the use of e-mail merge in Word 2007. The data file I need to use currently resides in an Excel spreadsheet because of the need for several formulas. I can merge most of the data successfully with the exception of: =B7 Multiple rows of data per e-mail. =B7 Cannot edit individual e-mails prior to completing/sending the merge. (This is possible with a regular letter merge, but cannot do this with e-mail merge) =B7 Merging conditional formatting icons (if this is even possible, I don't know) We're using OnMa...

Single click selects multiple cells

Error Message When Opening Excel #3
Everytime i open Excel or an Excel document, i get the following error message: "SUMIF.XLA is already open. Reopening will cause any change you made to be discarded. Do you want to reopen SUMIF.XLA?" Whether i answer YES or NO, the application will open normally. It is just very annouying.. HELP -- W Walid You could try looking under Tools>Add ins... and then uncheck anything, then check back those that were checked one at a time, close and re-open excel, when the error comes back, that's the faulty add-in, either go to the vendor or unload the add-in if you don&#...

Make Cells Diagonal
How do I make the top "label row" of the columns diagonal (45 degree angle) instead of horizontal. I have seen it done but don't know how to do it. Thank you. ...

Copy Paste a value down a column with autofilter on
Really needs someones help urgently. I am sure some one has come accross this. I have autofilter on for " LEVEL" and in the column "MARKET MATCH" I want to copy-paste a value (which is text ) for those that meet the criteria in the autofilter. So for only rows 3,7,10,33,66 as shown below I want to copy-and paste the word "HIGH" but not affect the hidden rows. How can I go about doing this ? Row # Level Market Match 3 10 7 10 10 10 33 10 66 10 Edson Enter the word "High" in the first visible row, then copy/paste it to the other visible rows. When...

White Space in a Cell
Hello I'm collating a lot of spreadsheets that many other people have filled in onto one big spreadhseet template. My problem is that there is a free text cell and, because people dont know about the 'alt & enter' option, they've hit the space bar many many times make it look like a new point starts on a new line. In Word, you have the option of showing all the keyboard strokes so you can tell what people have done - but I'm finding I'm having to go into each free text cell and hit delete, then the cell magically shifts up so that there is no white space. Any...

connecting cells with connector lines
Hello! Is it possible in Excel (2007) to draw a connector line (with or without an arrow ...) between two cells in a worksheet, so that the line-tips will follow their cells even when the latter are moved ? Thanks Michael On Feb 25, 7:00=A0am, Michaelprem123 <michaelprem...@gmail.com> wrote: > Hello! > > Is it possible in Excel (2007) to draw a connector line (with or > without an arrow ...) between two cells in a worksheet, so that the > line-tips will follow their cells even when the latter are moved ? > > Thanks > > Michael The line will automatically a...

How do I merge in a selected range of cells out of Excel?
copy / right click / insert copied cells ...

Summing up content from hyperlink cells
Anyone have any idea on how I can make Excel sum up the displayed values of several yperlink cells? This is an EXCELLENT question ! I will use it next semester. Let's say that in A1 thru A3 we have: =HYPERLINK("http://www.microsoft.com","15") each of the cells displays 15 However =SUM(A1:A3) shows 0 This is because the 15's are actually text values. They must be converted to numbers. Use: =SUM(--A1:A3) which must be entered as an array formula with CNTRL-SHIFT-ENTER rather than just ENTER -- Gary''s Student - gsnu200745 "Mort" wrote:...

find the last occurance of a character in a cell
I can use the Find function to find the 1st occurance of a charater in a cell. But, how to i find the last occurence of a character. in this case, the i am looking for " ", or <space>. The length of the string can vary, and the number of spaces can vary also. example: "Get dog food 55" There are 14 spaces (1+1+12). i am intersted in the location of the last, or 14th, space, the one that precedes the number 5 Thanks, Tonso Look in vba help index for INSTRREV -- Don Guillett Microsoft MVP Excel SalesAid Software dguillett@gmail.com &...

1.2 to 3.0 upgrade issues
CRM not fully functional after upgrade, it seems like it is a permissions issue, possibly SQL user/login permissions? Certain categories such as KNowledge Base will load fine in the browser, however others like "Accounts" will not, and return the "an error has occurred, contact your system administrator" error message. I reviewed the IIS logs and they are showing 401 errors. When trying to verify licenses using Deployment manager (user manager) i get a http://crm/MSCRMServices/ is not responding error. When running the CRM Environment Diagnostics Wizard i receive th...

in Excel: How do I change "selected cells" highlight color?
When I select cells in Excel the shading is so light (blue) that I can barely tell which cells are selected from those that are not. Can I change the background color of cells that are selected? Thanks. Assuming Excel 2007 this is a known problem and as yet no patch for it. I don't have Excel 2007 but I have read that playing with your Contrast can help some. Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Tue, 10 Jun 2008 12:51:00 -0700, flameretired <flameretired@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >When I select cells in Excel the shading is so light (blue) that I can barely >tell whic...

hey guys i have a stumper! Mail Merge with Attachment!!!
Hey there I need to send a mailmerge through outlook to a number of different addresses. But this e-mail must also contain a file attachment. Does anyone know how to do this? As when i select attachment, the merge option is unavailable!!! Thanks for any help cheers Charlie Outlook has never supported attachments in merges to electronic mail. You need to look for third parry options. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "Charles Davies" <chazdav@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:3fe88a44$0$25937$fa0fcedb@lovejoy.zen.co.uk... > Hey there > > I need to send a mailmerge ...

How do I get one cell to record the time another cell was changed.
I know there's a simple solution to this, but I'm not seeing it. How can I set up a cell to update the time (or date) whenever another cell has data entered into it; e.g. cell A1 has new info entered into it, and cell A2 automatically updates the time of that update. Thanks in advance. One way http://www.mcgimpsey.com/excel/timestamp.html Regards, Peo Sjoblom "Reigning in Seattle" wrote: > I know there's a simple solution to this, but I'm not seeing it. How can I > set up a cell to update the time (or date) whenever another cell has data > ente...

RPC over HTTP problem #3
Hi, All! My network configuration: DC1, DC2 and MX (MS Exchange 2003, sp1). All of them Windows Server 2003. What was done: In the registry on dc1 and dc2 was created a new key: "NSPI Interface protocol sequences" with value: ncacn_http:6004. MX was promoted to be a GC. Installed RPC over HTTP windows component. MX was changed to be RPC-HTTP back-end server. On the MX Default Web Site was installed cerificate from the local authority running on DC2. On the RPC virtual directory anonymous access and integrated windows authentication were disabled. In the registry of MX the key HK...

bill pay #3
I have not been able to get to msn bill pay all day. Anyone else had a problem. Thanks ...

Workbook cells won't hold formatting in Office 2007
I have Office 2007 running in Vista Home Premium. My system got FUBARed and had to be reloaded. Now my Excel workbooks won't keep the proper formatting in cells. I have them formatted as general so that I can type in something like 4 - 1. As soon as I do that it converts the formatting to Custom and puts it in as a 1-Apr. If I try to reformat the cell as general I then get 39904. If I enter it as space 4 - 1 then it enters correctly. How can I make the cell give me the correct information without putting a space in front of it? One way in to format the cell as Text B...

Any one have crm 3.0 installation and config certification dumps
Hi Folks , If Any one have crm 3.0 installation and config certification dumps , Please post it or send to krishna.919@gmail.com Thanks Kris I would hope that most people on this group would take the time to study for these exams and pass them honestly otherwise whats the point? ======================= John O'Donnell Microsoft CRM MVP http://codegallery.gotdotnet.com/crm <krishna.919@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1150431230.275661.283440@g10g2000cwb.googlegroups.com... > Hi Folks , > If Any one have crm 3.0 installation and config certification dumps , > Please...