Pasting HTML table with feet/inches column, excel changes it to da

I am copying a web page table with a roster into excel. The table includes
one column with height x-zz where x is feet and zz is inches. Pasting to
excel (there is no paste special option) this column converts to a date where
6-1 becomes 01-Jun, 5-10 becomes 10-May, and 6-0 becomes Jun-2000. 1) Is
there a way to paste this information so that it is not converted to a date?
2) Is there a way to easily convert the date back to feet-inches? (It would
be trivial if the even feet weren't changed to a different year.) 3) What is
the easiest way to get around the problem? The best I have come up with would
be to paste to a text file, line up the columns, save the file as text, open
the text file in excel with each line in a cell, convert text to columns
using the fixed width option and treat the feet-inches column as text. Is
there an easier way? (A related question is how to display the feet-inches as
x-zz, but I posted that one separately.)

Paste special treats cells as a picture
I just got a new computer, and a newer version of excel, which is great, but whenever I try to copy from one file to another, my paste special function treats the copied cells as a picture. Instead of the normal paste special popup, where it asks me how I want the data to come out, I get a different popup that shows the source as a "Microsoft Office Excel Worksheet Object." It asks me what format I want the picture to come out as, and gives me a list of different file formats. If I try to just paste a link, it puts a picture of the other file on the new one. I talked to so...

Subform combobox won't populate from linked table
My Access 2003 database is shared across a network using a front end for forms and a back end for data. After a recent upgrade of hardware I am having problems with one desktop pc that will load the subform except that one combo box (out of many) remains blank. The combo box like all the others in the form is using data from linked tables. I have refreshed the link for that table for that machine but have been unable to get the combo to populate with data. I have also tried it with different user templates using full Access install and Access runtime without results. Does an...

excel emailed as the body of email loses formating
Now when I send an excel spreadsheet as the body of the email instead of as an attachement it losses the formating ie. lines font alignment. If anyone has a solution for this please help............ Thank you, Earl p.s. I believe it started after a auto update from MS. It has affected all the computers at my work even though they have diffrent versions of windows, excel, and outlook. ...

Creating html Newsletters
I'm creating a page in Dreamweaver. I then cut and paste the code into an Outlook Express email (source tab), but it seems Outlook express will only accept so many lines of code. It won't allow the 7 lines of code at the end of the page. So I have Outlook 2003 - Trying to send it but it appears there is no way to actually use your own code in html emails.....is this true or is there a way for me to send this. Thanks. Never mind. Had to download Netscape and use the mail feature - it works fine. Suprised I had to go to a non-microsoft product to do such a simple task. "D...

Export Report to Excel with Calculations
How can I export my report with its calculations to Excel? When I export, all data exports, except for my calcuations. This report has the exact format that I need, and I can't get it via queries, so I'd really like to find a way to do this. Thanks!! ...

Invalid attempt to GetBytes on column '' , Please HELP
Hi , I have a Stored Procedure that return an xml (by using the xml auto or explicit) in to some XmlReader and i m getting the following error . Invalid attempt to GetBytes on column ''. The GetBytes function can only be used on columns of type Text, NText, or Image. pleas note that the SP running ok under the query analyzer and when i m using the XmlReader with other SP which return an XML every thing ok . -- Best Regards , Tiraman :-) ...

Chart Text columns
Is it possible to make a pie chart with text only in Excel columns. Example: column with different city names and then create a chart that compiles the percentage of cells with each of the different city names? Thanks in advance.... @ Hi you have to create a list of the frequency of each 'text' first on your own :-) You could use for example a pivot table to create such a list. See: http://www.cpearson.com/excel/pivots.htm http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Pivots/pivotstart.htm http://www.contextures.com/xlPivot02.html http://www.ozgrid.com/Excel/excel-pivot-tables.htm http://www.tech...

HTML Messages with Pictures Do Not Print Correctly After You Install Internet Ex
HTML JPG pictures are attachments, not in the email message, in my Outlook 2000 (w/ SP1). The OS is Win2K_SP4. IE6SP1 is installed. KB 271562 indicates a hotfix is available. Can you provide it? Thank you, Doug Contact Microsoft per the articles instructions. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, Doug Sherman asked: | HTML JPG pictures are attachment...

no more html o 2007?
Can you no longer save to a html format for a workbook? All I see is the ability to save is to mhtml or mht. "Mark G." <askmefirst@comcast.net> wrote in message news:O4%23tfskZIHA.4180@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl... > Can you no longer save to a html format for a workbook? All I see is the > ability to save is to mhtml or mht. > Nope - Save As Web page htm or html shows on my Excel 2007.... Hi Mark, Sure you can, Office Button (File), Save As, Save As Type, pick Web Page (*.htm;*.html) 7th item down on my system. Cheers, Shane "Mark G." <askmefir...

PLEASE HELP: automate process to import tables from notepad to acc
Hi All, Is there a way to import tables that are in text file (notepad) into access automatically? at a specified time? How can I do this? For eg: I have a location where I receive 10-15 tables in text format (notepad) and I want to import all those tables in access (access.2007) at a specified time. Can this be automated? Thanks in advance. On Thu, 29 Apr 2010 10:15:01 -0700, sam <sam@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hi All, > >Is there a way to import tables that are in text file (notepad) into access >automatically? at a specified time? &g...

Copy and paste formula; Value pastes instead
Excel 2002 I've tried starting several worksheets, checking formats, pasting special (formula only). For some reason the formula actually copies OK by looking at the formula bar, but the value in the cell is identical to the value of the copied cell.Incorrect. Tried even the simplest formulas with no joy. BK ...

Will excel 2003 format a cell to the year?
It seems like it should be obvious, but I am finding it impossible to get excel to do a date format that recognizes a year. Is there some way? I typed a date in A1 (09/28/2006) and used format|Cells|number tab|custom category|yyyy with my USA settings. kateofmd@msn.com wrote: > > It seems like it should be obvious, but I am finding it impossible to > get excel to do a date format that recognizes a year. Is there some > way? -- Dave Peterson ...

Columns in Excel
I have the following problem I need help with: Column 1 Column2 Column3 Column4 017290 117110 246781 017450 117118 246790 017451 117119 317891 116127 246761 317990 116128 246771 341772 116129 246780 358381 Say I want to insert a new number into "Column 2." The number 119000. How can I do this and make all the information move automatically to look like the following: Column 1 Column2 Column3 Column4 017290 117110 246780 358381 017450 ...

Web query to return html source code?
Hi Is there any way of using web query to return the source code behind page? The data I wish to extract is contained in several URLs in th source code, not in what is displayed on the page. Any ideas? Berti -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com ...

Delete row in table by code
I have a table named Uploaded Documents that is created by a code that was developed by someone that used to work here. I have no coding experience so need some help. I need to add something to the end of his code that would delete any row where in the field SVBrand it contains either ## or @@ anywhere in that field. Any help would be apprectiated. Put this in the code and it will delete those rows: strSQL = "DELETE * FROM [Uploaded Documents] WHERE svBrand = '##' OR svBrand '@@';" CurrentDb.Execute(strSQL), dbFailOnError -- Dave Hargis, Microsoft A...

"Paste Special" with the right click mouse
I would like to have the option of "Paste Special" with the right click mouse in all microsoft office suite. Thanks, ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/default.mspx?mid=de847738-df56-4...

all cells in 2 workbooks have automaticlly changed to date format
Why would excel 2007 automaticly change formats? Upon opening a workbook this morning all the blank cells in the 16 sheets had changed from general format to date format, and 99.9% of cells with data or formulas were also changed to the date format. I opened another workbook and it was find, I closed it and reopened it and the same thing occurred, most cells had been changed to the date format. The first wb containts payroll data, with mostly sumifs functions and was working fine yesturday. The second wb contains data using vlookup and if functions. Thank you Deb Found the...

amazon causes html not to validate
Hi asp.net 3.5 I've created a site which originally the html validates. Now I've signed up to Amazon.com as an affiliate. I selected 2 banners and a widget. These are causing my html pages to not validate. I'm trying first to solve this problem by myself, but there are a few things which is troubling me: The script from amazon contains an object tag with a hexe value as player id. Inside this object tag there is a embed tag which also has the same player id as in object tag... So in visual studio I get a green line under both id's saying another object on ...

Clipboard pasting
I copy something to the clipboard using Publisher 2007 and the computer tells me it is in the clipboard; however, when I go to paste that information into another document, Publisher acts like it is not there. I then need to close the document I wish to paste it into, reopen it, and then, like magic, there is the information in the clipboard and I am able to paste it. UGH!!!!!! -- Ginger Christenson Open the Office Clipboard in Publisher. Edit, Office Clipboard. What program are you pasting to? If it is an Office program, open the Office Clipboard in that program too. -- Mary Sauer ...

Copy/Paste loop
I have a form on one sheet in excel, on the next sheet i have mad different coloums with different headings. I want the data from th form to be copyed to each heading e.g. name in form is copyed to unde the coloum with title name. So each time a user fills in there details he/she clicks submit an there data is copyed to the next page, like a small database. Is there a macro that can do this as i keep getting different error each time. I want this to continue in a loop Please help!!:confused -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com This might get you started: Option Explicit Opti...

Resize XML Table
I imported an XML table into Excel. I need to expand the size of the table, but the normal copy and insert copied cells is not available to use on an XML table. The only way I found to do this is to open the xML task pane and select a column heading in the XML map. The column of data is selected and a black border surrounds the data included in the column. I can then drag the corner of the border to resize. This causes an autofil of data in to the new rows. NOt really a problem, but is there any other way to to this. It seems that I can delete rows from XML table using the norm...

Stacked Columns and TWO axis
Does any one know how to add a second Y axis to a stacked column chart? When one charts revenue and profit, and the profit is just a small percentage of the revenue, the impact of the profit distribution by category is lost because the scale on the Y axis measuring the revenue. Any help is greatly appreciated. [This followup was posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting with an email copy to Ed Pereira. Please use the newsgroup for further discussion.] Plot both series on both axes. How? Plot the series as normally so that both are on the primary axis. Then, select the 2 ranges ...

empty data from a pivot table
i've a pivot table with data, format and so on. For create the table i've include data from an external source data. Now, before to send out the workbook i want to clear all the data, so that the pivot table is empty but not lost the format of the columns and the fields. How can do it? I hope to explain well my problem. Thanks for any help! ...

Numeric values in data area of the pivot tables
How can I bring a numeric data into the data area of a pivot table? I need to sort the numeric values in the numerical order. Any idea? ...

How do I remove links to external excel files
I need to remove the links to another excel file from my new workbook. How can I accomplish this without re- creating the spreadsheet from scratch? Thank you. TinaS Remove links means convert those formulas to values? If you can find them, just copy|paste special|values. But they can be difficult to find. I'd use Bill Manville's addin to help find the pesky ones. Findlink.zip from http://www.BMSLtd.co.uk/mvp (And it's easy to use. TinaS wrote: > > I need to remove the links to another excel file from my > new workbook. How can I accomplish this without re- >...