pasting charts form excel 2 power point, Chart cutoff right side

I am trying to paste a excel chart that is on its own
sheet in excel to powerpoint page. But it cuts the right
side of the chart off. usually the legend is cut short.
But if you
copy a chart thats mixed on a page with other data &
charts it works fine. ?????? #$%6& I hate computers!

Doug Ramsey
0
anonymous (74718)

Change the location of your chart

right click on it, select location, then choose as a new
sheet. copy and paste from there and it should work

0
nospam7515 (2086)
1/8/2004 4:28:20 PM
You might want to check your options in PowerPoint, but not under
"Options".

Tools > Auto Correct > Format As You Type

Uncheck the last item ("Automatic layout for inserted objects").

Anonymous wrote:
> *I am trying to paste a excel chart that is on its own
> sheet in excel to powerpoint page. But it cuts the right
> side of the chart off. usually the legend is cut short.
> But if you
> copy a chart thats mixed on a page with other data &
> charts it works fine. ?????? #$%6& I hate computers!
>

> Doug Ramsey *

---

  This is what I do to copy an excel spreadsheet to a powerpoint
  presentation. First make sure the spreadsheet is in its own file:

    In Powerpoint:
    1. Insert
    2. Object
    3. Bullet the Create File Section
    4.Browse
    5. Find the file you want to insert
    6. OK to finish

    By doing this, you can modify as if you were in Excel.  This option
sizes
  it automatically to fit on a full page.

    Let me know how you make out.

    Debbie K.

  > I am trying to paste a excel chart that is on its own
  > sheet in excel to powerpoint page. But it cuts the right
  > side of the chart off. usually the legend is cut short.
  > But if you
  > copy a chart thats mixed on a page with other data &
  > charts it works fine. ?????? #$%6& I hate computers!
  >

  > Doug Ramsey

Making a button in an Excel Spreadsheet to export to another
Hello: I have a spreadsheet that is pretty much static with the exception of approximately 15 fields. Changing those 15 fields will change the entire sheet (and several pages within the sheet). I would like to create a button on my Excel spreadsheet that will simply export all of the numerical data (not the formulas, but just the number in the field at that time), formatting, and pages to a completely different spreadsheet (a brand new workbook that the user will need to save upon exiting). Is this possible, and how would I do it? Thanks in advance for any help provided! :) Jon ...

Apply Org Chart Template?
Hello, I have inherited a file containing numerous pages of org charts. The file was not created using the Organization Chart template and, therefore, the org chart menu and features are not available to me when updating these charts. Is there any way to apply the Organization Chart template to the existing file so I can access the org chart menu and features? I am using Visio 2007. Thanks. "Nina" <Nina@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F58419C8-CC22-48E1-AD2A-0D3B5B1206D4@microsoft.com... > Hello, > I have inherited a file containing numerous page...

How do I set up a chart to only chart values greater than 0
I have a chart in Excell that I would like to only have chart those items with a value of greater than 0 (zero). Not sure if there is a better, easier way than having manually manipulate the data. Let's say the values are in B1:B20 In C1 enter =IF(B1>0,B1,NA()) Now use column C for the chart; the displayed #N/A values will be ignored by the chart engine best wishes -- Bernard V Liengme Microsoft Excel MVP http://people.stfx.ca/bliengme remove caps from email "debra49424" <debra49424@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A513E053-4AD9-44FE-952E-E9A60F49...

Paste special treats cells as a picture
I just got a new computer, and a newer version of excel, which is great, but whenever I try to copy from one file to another, my paste special function treats the copied cells as a picture. Instead of the normal paste special popup, where it asks me how I want the data to come out, I get a different popup that shows the source as a "Microsoft Office Excel Worksheet Object." It asks me what format I want the picture to come out as, and gives me a list of different file formats. If I try to just paste a link, it puts a picture of the other file on the new one. I talked to so...

Chart Text columns
Is it possible to make a pie chart with text only in Excel columns. Example: column with different city names and then create a chart that compiles the percentage of cells with each of the different city names? Thanks in advance.... @ Hi you have to create a list of the frequency of each 'text' first on your own :-) You could use for example a pivot table to create such a list. See: http://www.cpearson.com/excel/pivots.htm http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Pivots/pivotstart.htm http://www.contextures.com/xlPivot02.html http://www.ozgrid.com/Excel/excel-pivot-tables.htm http://www.tech...

Excel
Can someone please help me. I have been trying to figure this one out all day. It seems so simple, I guess I'm brain dead. I'm trying to write a formula that will return results for the folowing example: aaa A A B B A bbb C A B B C ccc A A B B B aaa C C A A B bbb C A B B C ccc A A C C A I need a formula that will count the total number of times each of the colum results (A,B and C) appear for e...

Charts #7
Where would I find templates for business charts? Look for responders here who have web sites such as Jon Peltier and Tushar -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "tami6020" <tami6020@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:EEF0A95E-5974-4994-AAF7-2C75F2869D8F@microsoft.com... > Where would I find templates for business charts? ...

ORganization Chart #2
Does anyone know a way to display 1 layer of subordinates on the first page and have the manager and subordinates displayed on subsequent pages - and linked back to the initial page - automatically. i can almost achieve this by choosing each manager in turn and giving them a separate page - but i have about 60 managers to deal with. TIA Ian Hi Ian, I actually do something very similar to this quite often myself. I bring in my org chart data from our exchange server - so I use the Org chart wizard. On the last screen of the wizard - you get a dialog that says: "Specify ho...

Copy and paste formula; Value pastes instead
Excel 2002 I've tried starting several worksheets, checking formats, pasting special (formula only). For some reason the formula actually copies OK by looking at the formula bar, but the value in the cell is identical to the value of the copied cell.Incorrect. Tried even the simplest formulas with no joy. BK ...

Will excel 2003 format a cell to the year?
It seems like it should be obvious, but I am finding it impossible to get excel to do a date format that recognizes a year. Is there some way? I typed a date in A1 (09/28/2006) and used format|Cells|number tab|custom category|yyyy with my USA settings. kateofmd@msn.com wrote: > > It seems like it should be obvious, but I am finding it impossible to > get excel to do a date format that recognizes a year. Is there some > way? -- Dave Peterson ...

smooth area chart
When I make a line chart, there is a Smoothed Line option in the Format Data Series dialog box. But when I make an area chart, the line that forms the top of the area is jagged. Is there anyway to smooth the top of the area chart or other way to get the desired smoothed area chart? Like a smoothed line with shading underneath. Thanks. ...

Need large gap in chart
I am making a line graph with 2 sets of numbers that are very far apart - one set of numbers is around 7000 to 8000, and the other set is closer to 80,000. Of course, I get one line at the top of the chart that is pretty easy to read, but the line on the bottom that represents the smaller numbers is just TINY and looks pretty much straight. My question is this: is there a way to put a "break" into the graph between the smaller numbered data and the larger ones so they are all easier to read? Like a jagged line showing where the jump occurs or something? Hi, Jon has an exampl...

"Paste Special" with the right click mouse
I would like to have the option of "Paste Special" with the right click mouse in all microsoft office suite. Thanks, ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/default.mspx?mid=de847738-df56-4...

Trendline equation in chart is wrong
I'm having trouble plugging the equation from the trendline of a chart back into the Worksheet to get calculated interpolated values. In essence, I added a 4th order polynomial regression line to an X-Y chart, and then used the displayed equation in the worksheet, working off the X values to get the Y values for the regression curve. It doesn't work. The calculated values are way, way off (several orders of magnitude). I tried it again, lopping off 977 from the plotted Y values, in case dealing with large numbers was causing problems. Again, no joy. I came across an earlier thread desc...

Create users Exchange2k3 / Win2k3 / No admin rights
Hello, OS : Windows 2003 Server Application : Exchange 2003 Is there a VB script (or a free-tool) to create users in de active directory and creates a mailbox in Exchange 2003 WITHOUT ADMIN rights or domain admin rights. How do I setup the delegation? thnx, Rico Rico You need admin rights or as you point out later you need to delegate permissions to create accounts or mailboxes. In AD you would use the Delegate Control Wizard probably at the OU level if you want to control permissions. In Exchange you would need to make the user (group) a View Only Administrator and then grant a...

Excel 97 #3
what is the Red triangle in a cell called, I believe it is some type of handle. Is it in the top right corner? If yes, then it's probably a comment indicator. Let your cursor linger over that cell. If you see a comment, that's it. rjh wrote: > > what is the Red triangle in a cell called, I believe it is > some type of handle. -- Dave Peterson ec35720@msn.com The red triangle indicates someone has inserted a comment to give you information. Move the mouse over the cell to show the comment. Right- click on the comment to edit or delete it. Regards Peter >----...

popup form
i made a popup form to be opened with the OnOpen event of the main form.I made it in a datahseet view.However when opened it shows only the first row and is with a very small window.How can i show all the rows in the form ? -- Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access-forms/200709/1 Look at the "format" tab on the properties. Make sure it is "continuous" (not single) and set the "autosize" to "no". -- "Loose Change 2nd Edition" has been seen by almost 7 million people on Google video &q...

Clipboard pasting
I copy something to the clipboard using Publisher 2007 and the computer tells me it is in the clipboard; however, when I go to paste that information into another document, Publisher acts like it is not there. I then need to close the document I wish to paste it into, reopen it, and then, like magic, there is the information in the clipboard and I am able to paste it. UGH!!!!!! -- Ginger Christenson Open the Office Clipboard in Publisher. Edit, Office Clipboard. What program are you pasting to? If it is an Office program, open the Office Clipboard in that program too. -- Mary Sauer ...

How do I remove links to external excel files
I need to remove the links to another excel file from my new workbook. How can I accomplish this without re- creating the spreadsheet from scratch? Thank you. TinaS Remove links means convert those formulas to values? If you can find them, just copy|paste special|values. But they can be difficult to find. I'd use Bill Manville's addin to help find the pesky ones. Findlink.zip from http://www.BMSLtd.co.uk/mvp (And it's easy to use. TinaS wrote: > > I need to remove the links to another excel file from my > new workbook. How can I accomplish this without re- >...

Pasting formulas advances cell reference
Hi When i paste special from one cell into another, it advances the cell reference and i just want an exact match i.e. A1 formula ='Feb 2010'!C18 but when i paste it into another cell it pastes it as ='Feb 2010'!D18 The C changes to D, how do i stop this happening? Thanks for any help in advance Derek Use absolute referencing. Below are the different reference styles. A1 Relative referencing. Both column and row will change if you copy or drag the formula. $A1 The column reference is fixed and will not change A$1 The row reference is fixed and wil...

Fill Handle in .NET #2
I am trying to develop a code which handles copy/cut/paste functions in Excel within a macro. I am running into problems identifying when the fill handle is being used. Is there a cutcopy mode or other easy way to identify this? EggHeadCafe - Software Developer Portal of Choice WCF Workflow Services Using External Data Exchange http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials/aspnet/3d49fa0d-a120-4977-842a-6dafb17b6d74/wcf-workflow-services-usi.aspx If you're trying to replicate dragging on the fill handle, you can look at ..filldown, .fillup, .fillright, .fillleft methods in VBA's help. If ...

help choosing a chart format.
In my last job, we had a waterfall plot that would show time on the X axis, frequency on the y axes and the marker would change color according to magnitude of the signal. is there a good chart that will perform this type of plot? It is kind of like an XY scatter plot with a variable color. see peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/Waterfall.html best wishes -- Bernard V Liengme www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme remove caps from email "fugazi48" <fugazi48@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6A6088FA-C207-4CB2-A103-02CD9549D7E5@microsoft.com... > In my last job, we ...

Copy/Paste loop
I have a form on one sheet in excel, on the next sheet i have mad different coloums with different headings. I want the data from th form to be copyed to each heading e.g. name in form is copyed to unde the coloum with title name. So each time a user fills in there details he/she clicks submit an there data is copyed to the next page, like a small database. Is there a macro that can do this as i keep getting different error each time. I want this to continue in a loop Please help!!:confused -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com This might get you started: Option Explicit Opti...

Error updating modified forms and reports
I get this error message when updating modified forms and reports error from Great Plains 8 to Great Plains 9. Unhandled script exception: Index 31 of array '[Not Found]' is out of range in script 'Launch_GetInfo'. Script terminated. Why/how to fix it? Thank You On Feb 24, 5:43 am, clairvoyant316 <clairvoyant...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I get this error message when updating modified forms and reports error from > Great Plains 8 to Great Plains 9. > > Unhandledscriptexception:Index31 ofarray'[NotFound]' isoutofrangeinscript'Launch...

Can I create an Excel chart from non-contiguous data cells?
Using Excel Office 2003, I'm being asked to create charts from existing worksheets, often several within a workbook, using specific cells (total/average cells). The cells are not adjacent to one another, but they are identical from one worksheet to another. In my case, the cells are K15, K29, K42, W15, W29, and W42. I'd like a separate chart for each worksheet, and would like to have the chart automatically created once the data is in the worksheet. Is this possible? You can select discontiguous data by selecting one area, then holding CTRL while selecting additional areas....