Pasting an excel worksheet into word

How do I rotate an Excel worksheet 90 degrees when pasting it into a Word file?
0
anonymous (74725)

Hi
one workaround:
- copy the data in Excel
- insert the data as PICTURE within MS Word ('Edit - Paste Special')
- use the 'Draw' toolbar to rotate this picture

Note: The data is not updated within this picture if you change the
Excel file.

--
Regards
Frank Kabel

Rix wrote:
> How do I rotate an Excel worksheet 90 degrees when pasting it into a
> Word file?

0
frank.kabel (11126)
5/23/2004 4:26:22 PM
Frank
When I do this the rotate buttons are greyed out and I can't use them.
0
anonymous (74725)
5/23/2004 5:31:02 PM
Hi
I just tried it (with Excel/Office 2003) and it works:
- I pasted the data as 'Picture'
- I was able to rotate in 90 degree steps (free rotation was NOT
available)

So you may check if 90 degree rotation is possible for you. Another
reason could be that this is a new feature for Office 2003 (not sure
about that)

Another option would be to use an imaging program of your choice and
rotate the graphic within this program (e.g. PaintShop or any other
similar program)

--
Regards
Frank Kabel

Rix wrote:
> Frank,
> When I do this the rotate buttons are greyed out and I can't use
them.

0
frank.kabel (11126)
5/23/2004 5:38:07 PM
Thanks for your help.  I'll try your other suggestions.  When I tried the special paste option neither free rotation nor 90 degree rotation were available.
0
anonymous (74725)
5/23/2004 5:46:03 PM
Hi
this option is only available in the 'Drawing' toolbar AFTER inserting
the data as picture

--
Regards
Frank Kabel

Rix wrote:
> Thanks for your help.  I'll try your other suggestions.  When I tried
> the special paste option neither free rotation nor 90 degree rotation
> were available.

0
frank.kabel (11126)
5/23/2004 6:17:08 PM
IIRC, free rotation from the picture toolbar is available in MacXL only.

In article <uXkJdyOQEHA.3456@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl>,
 "Frank Kabel" <frank.kabel@freenet.de> wrote:

> I just tried it (with Excel/Office 2003) and it works:
> - I pasted the data as 'Picture'
> - I was able to rotate in 90 degree steps (free rotation was NOT
> available)
0
jemcgimpsey (6723)
5/23/2004 6:49:26 PM
Hi JE
you Mac users really do have better programs :-)

--
Regards
Frank Kabel

JE McGimpsey wrote:
> IIRC, free rotation from the picture toolbar is available in MacXL
> only.
>

> In article <uXkJdyOQEHA.3456@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl>,
>  "Frank Kabel" <frank.kabel@freenet.de> wrote:
>
>> I just tried it (with Excel/Office 2003) and it works:
>> - I pasted the data as 'Picture'
>> - I was able to rotate in 90 degree steps (free rotation was NOT
>> available)
0
frank.kabel (11126)
5/23/2004 7:00:37 PM
Where do you think the R&D for WinXL occurs?

In article <e6l2jgPQEHA.3300@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl>,
 "Frank Kabel" <frank.kabel@freenet.de> wrote:

> you Mac users really do have better programs :-)
0
jemcgimpsey (6723)
5/23/2004 7:07:12 PM
lol
I know :-)

--
Regards
Frank Kabel

JE McGimpsey wrote:
> Where do you think the R&D for WinXL occurs?
>
> In article <e6l2jgPQEHA.3300@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl>,
>  "Frank Kabel" <frank.kabel@freenet.de> wrote:
>
>> you Mac users really do have better programs :-)
0
frank.kabel (11126)
5/23/2004 7:26:05 PM
Rix, I'm going to hazard a guess that the reason you want to rotate the
Excel worksheet is because you're pasting more columns than will fit on a
"portrait" page. If that's the case, then rather than rotate the worksheet,
why not rotate the page?

In Word, insert a next page section break at the end of the preceeding page
(Insert > Break > Next Page), then on the new page go to page setup and
change the orientation to landscape for that section only. Then you can
paste your worksheet.

Below your worksheet, you can insert another next page section break and set
the orientation back to portrait for the rest of the document.

--
DDM
"DDM's Microsoft Office Tips and Tricks"
Visit us at www.ddmcomputing.com

"Rix" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> How do I rotate an Excel worksheet 90 degrees when pasting it into a Word
file?

0
DDMara (266)
5/23/2004 7:38:02 PM
DDM

Thanks!  That worked great.  And it was so simple

Rix
0
anonymous (74725)
5/25/2004 3:26:04 AM
A better way to copy from Excel into Word is as follows:

1. Select the cells to be copied.

2. *Hold down <Shift> while clicking the Edit menu.
This will give you a hidden option to Copy Picture...*
Select this and click OK.

3. Paste into Word.

4. If you need to rotate, left click the picture once to bring up th
Picture toolbar, then click the Rotate 90 degree button as needed.

The default option for Copy Picture in Excel gives you a 'Microsof
Picture' rather than a bitmap, which results in a smaller file size an
doesn't get pixelated after resizing in Word

Data merge from Excel 2007
I am creating a series of open house flyers in Publisher 2007 which will pull their data from an Excel 2007 data source. I am using the Catalog Merge function. I want to be able to determine the numeric format in the merged document, but so far I am not able to do that. I have made a table in the Excel source file and saved it. The table is in a named range. I have gone into My Data Sources and created a new ODBC connection to the named range. This opens a new Excel workbook. In Publisher, I start the Catalog Merge wizard, then connect to the data source. I drag the desired fields into the ...

can you get a backup copy of a document in Excel?
Is there a way to retreive an original version of a file in Excel, as you can in Word (Save a Backup copy option)? thanks, Peggy File>save as>tools>general options and check always create back up -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "Peggy Allen" <Peggy Allen@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7402BDBF-5985-4DCF-BC2C-0ADFECD94582@microsoft.com... > Is there a way to retreive an original version of a file in Excel, as you can > in Word (Save a Backup copy option)? > > thanks, Peggy ...

excel emailed as the body of email loses formating
Now when I send an excel spreadsheet as the body of the email instead of as an attachement it losses the formating ie. lines font alignment. If anyone has a solution for this please help............ Thank you, Earl p.s. I believe it started after a auto update from MS. It has affected all the computers at my work even though they have diffrent versions of windows, excel, and outlook. ...

Paste special treats cells as a picture
I just got a new computer, and a newer version of excel, which is great, but whenever I try to copy from one file to another, my paste special function treats the copied cells as a picture. Instead of the normal paste special popup, where it asks me how I want the data to come out, I get a different popup that shows the source as a "Microsoft Office Excel Worksheet Object." It asks me what format I want the picture to come out as, and gives me a list of different file formats. If I try to just paste a link, it puts a picture of the other file on the new one. I talked to so...

Is there an Excel formula to round a date to the end of the month
User enters a specific date, I'd like to round that entry to the end of the month With a date in A1: =DATE(YEAR(A1),MONTH(A1)+1,0) step into the next month and then back one day. -- Gary''s Student - gsnu201003 "Siralec" wrote: > User enters a specific date, I'd like to round that entry to the end of the > month Another way... This requires the Analysis ToolPak add-in be installed for Excel versions prior to Excel 2007. A1 = some date =EOMONTH(A1,0) Format as Date -- Biff Microsoft Excel MVP "Siralec" &...

Copy and paste formula; Value pastes instead
Excel 2002 I've tried starting several worksheets, checking formats, pasting special (formula only). For some reason the formula actually copies OK by looking at the formula bar, but the value in the cell is identical to the value of the copied cell.Incorrect. Tried even the simplest formulas with no joy. BK ...

Will excel 2003 format a cell to the year?
It seems like it should be obvious, but I am finding it impossible to get excel to do a date format that recognizes a year. Is there some way? I typed a date in A1 (09/28/2006) and used format|Cells|number tab|custom category|yyyy with my USA settings. kateofmd@msn.com wrote: > > It seems like it should be obvious, but I am finding it impossible to > get excel to do a date format that recognizes a year. Is there some > way? -- Dave Peterson ...

"Paste Special" with the right click mouse
I would like to have the option of "Paste Special" with the right click mouse in all microsoft office suite. Thanks, ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/default.mspx?mid=de847738-df56-4...

Columns in Excel
I have the following problem I need help with: Column 1 Column2 Column3 Column4 017290 117110 246781 017450 117118 246790 017451 117119 317891 116127 246761 317990 116128 246771 341772 116129 246780 358381 Say I want to insert a new number into "Column 2." The number 119000. How can I do this and make all the information move automatically to look like the following: Column 1 Column2 Column3 Column4 017290 117110 246780 358381 017450 ...

Microsoft Excel Viewer 2003 won't open Microsoft Excel Worksheet
Today a company e-mailed me a quotation with the extension: xls I don't have Excel and eventually found Excel Viewer 2003. This took 45 mins to download, and then didn't work. The Excel File Graphic had appeared atop the quotation file - but when clicked on Excel Viewer 2003 opened and just said: cannot open this file type. Any ideas? Would appreciate solution. Running XP SP2 on a Dimension 8250.. Thanks Maybe the sender could forward you a .pdf version of the file. Or you could specify the type of file you can read (MSWord (.doc), .txt). Then the sender could convert the fi...

Create simple line graph in Excel!!!!!
Ok, I've struggled with this far too long now. And abandoned the task a number of times over the past year. So, I'm going to ask you now. I have two columns of data: u a v b w c x d y e z f etc. Where u to z, and a to f represent numbers. I want to see a simple graph with one column representing the X axis, and the other column, representing the Y axis. And a line, showing the relationship between the two. It should be simple right? Unfortunately, it hasn't. I've tried to create a scatter graph with lines. And a line graph. But excel just doesn't want to cooperat...

Design Report for Excel Date
I want to design a report using an excel spreadhseet as the source data. Can anyone suggest the quickest, and cheapest, way to do this? I do not want to purchase Access. Is there a quick-and-dirty alternative to accomplishing this? Thank you. -- Joe I guess the easiest way to do this in EXCEL is to add a worksheet to your workbook that you have your source data in and then create a "template" for the data, basically creating your report. Then just link your data back into the corresponding cells from your source data. you can format your cells any way you want the...

Link to a worksheet
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_002B_01C4C1E8.CC665B10 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hi, We are using Office 2000. We have an excel workbook with our competency check off sheets. Each = Sheet is a different competency. Now we are putting education modules = together using power point. At the end of the education module on the = last slide, we want to have a link to a specific sheet from the excel = workbook so the user can print that out to do their competency. I can = link to the ...

Excel 97 #3
what is the Red triangle in a cell called, I believe it is some type of handle. Is it in the top right corner? If yes, then it's probably a comment indicator. Let your cursor linger over that cell. If you see a comment, that's it. rjh wrote: > > what is the Red triangle in a cell called, I believe it is > some type of handle. -- Dave Peterson ec35720@msn.com The red triangle indicates someone has inserted a comment to give you information. Move the mouse over the cell to show the comment. Right- click on the comment to edit or delete it. Regards Peter >----...

Clipboard pasting
I copy something to the clipboard using Publisher 2007 and the computer tells me it is in the clipboard; however, when I go to paste that information into another document, Publisher acts like it is not there. I then need to close the document I wish to paste it into, reopen it, and then, like magic, there is the information in the clipboard and I am able to paste it. UGH!!!!!! -- Ginger Christenson Open the Office Clipboard in Publisher. Edit, Office Clipboard. What program are you pasting to? If it is an Office program, open the Office Clipboard in that program too. -- Mary Sauer ...

Cannot e-mail an Access report using Excel
When I want to e-mail an Access report in Excel, that option is grayed out. It worked with 2003 but not with 2007. I searched everywhere for an answer but no solution. Does anyone know how to make this work? You are very much in the wrong newsgroup. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "mtnman" <mtnman@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:30B14FA1-EAAD-4032-9C21-50DB7E2CAB13@microsoft.com... > When I want to e-mail an Access report in Excel, that option is grayed out. > It worked with...

Pasting formulas advances cell reference
Hi When i paste special from one cell into another, it advances the cell reference and i just want an exact match i.e. A1 formula ='Feb 2010'!C18 but when i paste it into another cell it pastes it as ='Feb 2010'!D18 The C changes to D, how do i stop this happening? Thanks for any help in advance Derek Use absolute referencing. Below are the different reference styles. A1 Relative referencing. Both column and row will change if you copy or drag the formula. $A1 The column reference is fixed and will not change A$1 The row reference is fixed and wil...

How do I remove links to external excel files
I need to remove the links to another excel file from my new workbook. How can I accomplish this without re- creating the spreadsheet from scratch? Thank you. TinaS Remove links means convert those formulas to values? If you can find them, just copy|paste special|values. But they can be difficult to find. I'd use Bill Manville's addin to help find the pesky ones. Findlink.zip from http://www.BMSLtd.co.uk/mvp (And it's easy to use. TinaS wrote: > > I need to remove the links to another excel file from my > new workbook. How can I accomplish this without re- >...

Copy/Paste loop
I have a form on one sheet in excel, on the next sheet i have mad different coloums with different headings. I want the data from th form to be copyed to each heading e.g. name in form is copyed to unde the coloum with title name. So each time a user fills in there details he/she clicks submit an there data is copyed to the next page, like a small database. Is there a macro that can do this as i keep getting different error each time. I want this to continue in a loop Please help!!:confused -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com This might get you started: Option Explicit Opti...

Word slow to open
I have a client running Office 2003 SP3. Word seems to take an inordinate time to open simple documents... a new document with "this is a test" takes 10-15 seconds to open. I can see Winword.exe preloaded in the task manager, it stays even when we close Word. Is there any way to speed this up? She opens and closes many documents in a day. I have read some other posts and have recreated normal.dot, deleted all temp files with CCleaner and even added .doc as an exception to the Symantec Endpoint antivirus scanner... still has made no difference. She is running Windows ...

Access or Excel?
Hi All, I've meddled with spreadsheets and databases for years, but mostly just for fun and curiosity. I now have a fairly large project at work, and I'm looking for advice regarding whether Access or Excel would be my best option. For starters, most of us at work, myself included, have Office 2007 installed, and have XP SP3. There are a few here still running 2003, so most of the work we do is in "compatibility mode". The nature of the work that we do is to collect biologic data (blood chemistries, hematology, body weights, food intake etc.) over periods ...

Commandbar not getting added to inspector when word is used as editor
Hi, I have written a Com Add-in which adds a new Commandbar to the New Mai window. I am using the NewInspector event to place a Commandbar wit buttons on a new mail Inspector window , I.e. Whenever New Mail messag window is opened. I have created a new commandbar and aded a ne commandbutton on that newly created commandbar. Everything is working fine if i use HTML as mail editor. If i use wor as the default mail editor in outlook, then the commandbar is no getting added and also the buttons. Could someone please suggest me what i should do to add the commandbar to the word mail editor when ...

Deleted View from the Excel menu

How to create a line chart with two X-axes in Excel
PLEASE HELP ME!!!!! How can I create a line chart with two X-axes in Excel? select one of your data series and change axis to secondary. <chart><<chart options><Axis> Select secondary x axis. "JaVaughn" wrote: > PLEASE HELP ME!!!!! How can I create a line chart with two X-axes in Excel? Hello, thank you for replying. Which chart type would allow for 2 X-axes. The only chart type that I know that allows for 2 axes is "Line Chart with 2 Y-axes". For the above-mentioned chart, the option to designate a primary and secondary x-axis is display...

print excel document from powershell
Hello I have a nice script which creates and archives excel spreadsheets for me. But id like to have the option to print them before archiving them. I have not found any usable clue how to do this. Could anybody help me with this? The code below prints a saved Excel spreadsheet saved at location C:\temp\Chart.cls $shell = New-Object -com Shell.Application $filepath = 'C:\temp' $filename = 'Chart.xls' $shell.Namespace($filepath).Items() | ? {$_.Name -eq $filename } | % { $_.InvokeVerb('Print') } I got this idea from Reinhar...