Pasted Pivot Table looks at old sheet

Hello all

i have a quick question about pivot table pasting. i have a workbook where i
am copying the sheet and making a new version for the next month. each time i
do the pivot table on the new month sheet is looking at the old month sheet.
the pivot table is on the same sheet where the data is that it looks at so
each time i copy i want the new sheet to be totaly autonomous from the last
month sheet.

why does the pivot table not update to look at the new sheet?

Hi

Copying a Pivot Table will just make the PT use the same source data for
it's Pivot Cache
Right click on a cell in the PT>PT Wizard>back>source >change source to
point at the range of data you want to be used for that PT.

--
Regards
Roger Govier

"DawnTreader" <DawnTreader@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hello all
>
> i have a quick question about pivot table pasting. i have a workbook where
> am copying the sheet and making a new version for the next month. each
> time i
> do the pivot table on the new month sheet is looking at the old month
> sheet.
> the pivot table is on the same sheet where the data is that it looks at so
> each time i copy i want the new sheet to be totaly autonomous from the
> last
> month sheet.
>
> why does the pivot table not update to look at the new sheet?

> signature database 4752 (20100107) __________

> http://www.eset.com

__________ Information from ESET Smart Security, version of virus signature database 4752 (20100107) __________

http://www.eset.com

0
Roger

clearing old stuff on calendar
Hello, I have a hand held device which I sync with outlook. The syncing process takes forever because my calendar goes back to 2000. I would like to fix this by clearing the old calendar events but I don't know how. Any info would be greatly appreciated. thanks Bill Change the properties on your handhelp to only synch the last few weeks and all future weeks instead. Otherwise, you can try archiving your calandar prior to a specific date. Use F1 help for initial assistance and post back if you have any specific question about the process. -- Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] P...

Paste special treats cells as a picture
I just got a new computer, and a newer version of excel, which is great, but whenever I try to copy from one file to another, my paste special function treats the copied cells as a picture. Instead of the normal paste special popup, where it asks me how I want the data to come out, I get a different popup that shows the source as a "Microsoft Office Excel Worksheet Object." It asks me what format I want the picture to come out as, and gives me a list of different file formats. If I try to just paste a link, it puts a picture of the other file on the new one. I talked to so...

Subform combobox won't populate from linked table
My Access 2003 database is shared across a network using a front end for forms and a back end for data. After a recent upgrade of hardware I am having problems with one desktop pc that will load the subform except that one combo box (out of many) remains blank. The combo box like all the others in the form is using data from linked tables. I have refreshed the link for that table for that machine but have been unable to get the combo to populate with data. I have also tried it with different user templates using full Access install and Access runtime without results. Does an...

Copy and paste formula; Value pastes instead
Excel 2002 I've tried starting several worksheets, checking formats, pasting special (formula only). For some reason the formula actually copies OK by looking at the formula bar, but the value in the cell is identical to the value of the copied cell.Incorrect. Tried even the simplest formulas with no joy. BK ...

"Paste Special" with the right click mouse
I would like to have the option of "Paste Special" with the right click mouse in all microsoft office suite. Thanks, ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/default.mspx?mid=de847738-df56-4...

Delete row in table by code
I have a table named Uploaded Documents that is created by a code that was developed by someone that used to work here. I have no coding experience so need some help. I need to add something to the end of his code that would delete any row where in the field SVBrand it contains either ## or @@ anywhere in that field. Any help would be apprectiated. Put this in the code and it will delete those rows: strSQL = "DELETE * FROM [Uploaded Documents] WHERE svBrand = '##' OR svBrand '@@';" CurrentDb.Execute(strSQL), dbFailOnError -- Dave Hargis, Microsoft A...

Clipboard pasting
I copy something to the clipboard using Publisher 2007 and the computer tells me it is in the clipboard; however, when I go to paste that information into another document, Publisher acts like it is not there. I then need to close the document I wish to paste it into, reopen it, and then, like magic, there is the information in the clipboard and I am able to paste it. UGH!!!!!! -- Ginger Christenson Open the Office Clipboard in Publisher. Edit, Office Clipboard. What program are you pasting to? If it is an Office program, open the Office Clipboard in that program too. -- Mary Sauer ...

Copy/Paste loop
I have a form on one sheet in excel, on the next sheet i have mad different coloums with different headings. I want the data from th form to be copyed to each heading e.g. name in form is copyed to unde the coloum with title name. So each time a user fills in there details he/she clicks submit an there data is copyed to the next page, like a small database. Is there a macro that can do this as i keep getting different error each time. I want this to continue in a loop Please help!!:confused -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com This might get you started: Option Explicit Opti...

Resize XML Table
I imported an XML table into Excel. I need to expand the size of the table, but the normal copy and insert copied cells is not available to use on an XML table. The only way I found to do this is to open the xML task pane and select a column heading in the XML map. The column of data is selected and a black border surrounds the data included in the column. I can then drag the corner of the border to resize. This causes an autofil of data in to the new rows. NOt really a problem, but is there any other way to to this. It seems that I can delete rows from XML table using the norm...

empty data from a pivot table
i've a pivot table with data, format and so on. For create the table i've include data from an external source data. Now, before to send out the workbook i want to clear all the data, so that the pivot table is empty but not lost the format of the columns and the fields. How can do it? I hope to explain well my problem. Thanks for any help! ...

Pasting formulas advances cell reference
Hi When i paste special from one cell into another, it advances the cell reference and i just want an exact match i.e. A1 formula ='Feb 2010'!C18 but when i paste it into another cell it pastes it as ='Feb 2010'!D18 The C changes to D, how do i stop this happening? Thanks for any help in advance Derek Use absolute referencing. Below are the different reference styles. A1 Relative referencing. Both column and row will change if you copy or drag the formula. $A1 The column reference is fixed and will not change A$1 The row reference is fixed and wil...

Numeric values in data area of the pivot tables
How can I bring a numeric data into the data area of a pivot table? I need to sort the numeric values in the numerical order. Any idea? ...

lookup data in table
I am having trouble getting a result from the table below. I need to know how many of each Door Type and size which come from dropdown lists and also send through a related price. A B C D E 870 870 Readicote 720 PBAL 2 MIL 1 870 MIL 101 COLONIAL 720 1030 Readicote 870 Readicote I need this to display as: 1/1030 Readicote 3/870 Readicote 1/720 Readicote 1/870 MIL 101 1/720 PBAL 2 Thanks in Advance. Use a formula like: =SUMPRODUCT(--(A1:D100=870)*(E1:E100="Readicote")) & "/" & 870 &a...

update pivot table
I have a sheet of info. which used to create the pivot table. I need to update this sheet every week. How can I set so every time when I update the sheet, the pivot table will be automatically update. Your help is very much appreciated. If anyone would please show me how to look in the archive, that would be great too. Mia If you're adding new rows of data to the source every week, you can use a dynamic formula to name the data source range, and use that as the source for the PivotTable. There are some instructions here: http://www.contextures.com/xlPivot01.html#Dynamic To ...

When I copy a picture and paste it into Publisher it disappears
I have tried to copy a picture from my documents and paste it into Publisher and the picture disappears. What version of Publisher? What happens if you go to... Insert / Picture / From File? -- John Inzer "Cathy" <Cathy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:EF2CA50C-78D9-47DB-8799-E9C3C9171038@microsoft.com... >I have tried to copy a picture from my documents and paste it into >Publisher > and the picture disappears. I am using Office Profession Edition 2003. I tried another picture and so far it is still there. Thanks. "John Inzer"...

Paste and Paste Special
What are the differences between paste and paste special and are these two functions the same for XP software from different sources? e.g Word, Publisher, Ventura and Word Perfect? -- _ _________________________________________ / \._._ |_ _ _ /' Orpheus Internet Services \_/| |_)| |(/_|_|_> / 'Internet for Everyone' _______ | ___________./ http://www.orpheusinternet.co.uk ...

Outlook 2007 looks low resolution
I've had a problem where Outlook looks low-res. The icons aren't as clear as they normally are and it looks like they are in fewer colors. The screen resolution in Windows is the same as it always is (1024x768 32bit color). I know I Remote Desktop in and sometimes that is at a lower res, but I have since quit Outlook and restarted. No other applications are affected either (except Office-I tried Excel and same thing). Mike C, you wrote on Wed, 27 Jun 2007 07:21:23 -0700: > I've had a problem where Outlook looks low-res. The icons aren't as > clear as they normally a...

Pivot table wizards
We have just updated from 2003 to 2007. I have an excel report that contains pivot tables. In the 2003 version I would right click on each table and click pivot table wizard and then click layout. It would bring up a list of dates and I would click and drag the old date out and drag the new date in. When I right click in 07 there is no pivot table wizard. I have tried using the dates that pop up to the side, but it says that my pivot tables cannot overlap. Please help. There is no PivotTable wizard in 2007. Click inside the Pivot Table and the PivotTable Tools will app...

Adding a Field Name from Table/Query to Excel Export File
What I have is an export file to excel which I am able to do successfully using an OutputTo macro: Object Type: Query Object Name: ZZZ_Executive_Summary Output Format: Miscrosoft Excel 97-2003 (*.xls) Output File: "C:\ES\" & Format(Date(),"mm-dd-yyyy") & " Executive Summary. xls" What I would like to do is add the branch name into the file name. The field in the query is simply "Branch" When I try something like &[Branch]& or (query name/field) >> &ES!Branch& or &[ES].[Branch]&, etc... no matter what I...

excel opens up looking like it is in ms dos
how can I get my excell to stop opening up looking like it is in MS-DOS mode. I get an error message that wants to send the info to microsoft, when it hit yes send or no don't send it then shuts down. Hi what exact error message do you get and does this happen all the time for all files? -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany osborne4 wrote: > how can I get my excell to stop opening up looking like it is in > MS-DOS mode. I get an error message that wants to send the info to > microsoft, when it hit yes send or no don't send it then shuts down. Sounds like you...

Hide and Protect Cells/Columns in Resource Sheet
I am working in Project 2003 Resource Sheet and have entered Standard Rates for the resources and would like to hide these rates. (Similar to how you would use Custom format to hide cell contents in Excel). Can this be done in Project? I know you can hide a column but anyone can redisplay a hidden column. Is there a way to hide and protect the rates so that other users cannot see them? Thanks for your help. Yes. Delete the rates from any file that you give to anyone who should not see the rates. Hidden, protected. -- Trevor Rabey 0407213955 61 8 92727485 PERFECT PR...

pasting the result of a search
TIA once again. I have a macro that will search a wide range of cells to find a particular piece of data. when it finds that data, i need the macro to copy that data exactly 5 cells to the right of where it finds it. i can find the data, copy the data, (so that the little ants are running around the cell) but i do not know how to paste it to a different location that is based upon the original location. i tried to use "offset" but it seems like it requires a starting range, and the starting range will be different each time the macro selects a different piece of data. Can I use...

Excel to Word : Paste special>Paste Link> Excel Chart Obj doesn't
When I copy a chart from an Excell 2007 file and paste it as: Paste Special > Paste link > Microsoft Office Excel Chart Object I get a blank white picture (with gridlines in middle and a red (x) in the top left corner). It does not show correctly. However, the link is working correctly. after troubleshooting: I noticed that if I paste the same chart with 2700 rows of data the chart shows properly. But when I go above the 2700 rows of data the chart does not display properly. when I pasted the chart with the original 47000 rows of data it was not diplaying proper...

How to delete some records in all the tables in a database?
Hello, I am new to this so sorry for the this simple question. I want to delete certain records on all the tables in a database using ADO from VB6. I can have a line like below: sSQL="DELETE * FROM TableName WHERE FieldID='" & FieldName & "'" But how can I scan all the tables in the database so that TableName above is each one of the tables in the database. Thank you. Athena Dim tbl as TableDef For Each tbl in CurrentDb.TableDefs sSQL="DELETE * FROM " & tbl.Name & " WHERE FieldID='" &a...

Is there an old Lotus version 5, info only do not need disk
Sorry for asking this question here, I have no idea where to ask this question? Is there an old Lotus version 5? ...