Paste Values not working in Excel 2003 (?)

Hi,
Using Excel 2003 with Win xp Pro

I copy a range of cels, then I choose EDIT > PASTE SPECIAL > VALUES and it
does NOT paste ALL the cel contentent... It does paste all the cels, but
only the first 3 lines of each cel's content.

Is there any limitation in the number of characters ?

Thanks
ALex

0
casa (25)

This is not the exact problem you describe, put perhaps it's related:

XL2000: "255 Characters in Cell" Error When Copying Worksheet, at:

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;213548
--
HTH -

-Frank Isaacs
Dolphin Technology Corp.
http://vbapro.com

"Alexander Schek" <casa@casa.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
> Using Excel 2003 with Win xp Pro
>
> I copy a range of cels, then I choose EDIT > PASTE SPECIAL > VALUES and it
> does NOT paste ALL the cel contentent... It does paste all the cels, but
> only the first 3 lines of each cel's content.
>
> Is there any limitation in the number of characters ?
>
> Thanks
> ALex

0
frank8273 (76)

How do I set up a chart to only chart values greater than 0
I have a chart in Excell that I would like to only have chart those items with a value of greater than 0 (zero). Not sure if there is a better, easier way than having manually manipulate the data. Let's say the values are in B1:B20 In C1 enter =IF(B1>0,B1,NA()) Now use column C for the chart; the displayed #N/A values will be ignored by the chart engine best wishes -- Bernard V Liengme Microsoft Excel MVP http://people.stfx.ca/bliengme remove caps from email "debra49424" <debra49424@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A513E053-4AD9-44FE-952E-E9A60F49...

Paste special treats cells as a picture
I just got a new computer, and a newer version of excel, which is great, but whenever I try to copy from one file to another, my paste special function treats the copied cells as a picture. Instead of the normal paste special popup, where it asks me how I want the data to come out, I get a different popup that shows the source as a "Microsoft Office Excel Worksheet Object." It asks me what format I want the picture to come out as, and gives me a list of different file formats. If I try to just paste a link, it puts a picture of the other file on the new one. I talked to so...

EXCEL 2 WORD
I have a spreadsheet set up in a table format with several column with headings. I then have hundreds of rows of data. Is it possible to set up a word document that I can transfer each row into a different word document. i.e a word document that contains the same heading except rather than across the way the headings are set apart in a formal fashion in the word document and I can then just set up a link or something similar so it imports only the data i need it to import hope that makes sense?? "Elliot" <elliot.dickson@thus.net> wrote in message news:105001c38bfd$...

Client archive of Outlook 2003 folders...
I recently setup an Exchange Server 2003 (SBS 2003) environment for my company email. I am using DNS/SMTP to send/recieve all emails and the exchange databases (as opposed to my .pst files). My question is regarding the archiving of client (Outlook 2003) mail folders (inbox, sent, deleted, etc...). I am use to doing it at the individual workstation level. Does that change with Exchange or am I still setting up each workstation to archive to a .pst file based on my settings? Also, I would love to find a way to lock down the Outlook clients to all look and act the same. Is that desire a ...

hyperlinks stopped working
I have a simple spreadsheet listing all my images I frequently print. I thought it a good idea to print them to .prn files then create a link to the prn file so I just had to click on it and hey presto. (Prn files have been associated with a printtofile batch with the following) copy /b %1 LPT1 This has worked fine and I now have a large list ready but then I had to re-install windows. I put all the prn files on the same drive with the same drive letter but now they will not work. If I double click these prn files in explorer they print ok so there must be a problem with the links. I hav...

Need null values for several fields in db
I have an equipment inventory db. I need to run a query that would give me the records that contain null values in several of the fields. I have run a successful query to return records that have a null value in one field but don't know how to combine so that query returns records that also have null values in other fields or any other fields. Please advise -- dmp You join the seperate queries with a UNION. SELECT * From YourTable WHERE YourField Is NULL UNION SELECT * From YourTable WHERE YourField2 Is NULL UNION SELECT * From YourTable WHERE YourField3 Is NUL...

how do i plot this kind of data using excel
need a help in plotting data presented in class form, e.g; variables for A in condition 1 ranges from 67-89, in condition 2they range from 52-67, in condition 3; 65-87, in conditon 4, 62-83. Variables for B in condition 1 60-77,in condition 2, 50-64, in condition 3, 54-73, in condition 4 51-70 Tamm, Try setting your data up like this: Low High A1 67 89 B1 60 77 A2 52 67 B2 50 64 A3 65 87 B3 54 73 A4 62 83 B4 51 70 Then, plot it using either a clustered column chart or a stacked column chart. ---- Regards, John Mansfield http://www.pdbook.com "TAMM" wrote: > need a he...

Match values in more than one column
Hi I have three columns of data and wish to highlight the matches or change the format if there are any duplicates. i.e A B C Apple Banana Cheese Banana Orange Milk Chocolate Milk Water Biscuits Pear Bread Wafers Plum Banana So Banana would be highlighted in all, Milk in B and C. I assume I'd use conditional formatting, but the MATCH functio...

Text values to numeric values
Is there a formula to convert a text value in a cell to a numeri value? Thanks, Jayveeja -- jayveeja ----------------------------------------------------------------------- jayveejay's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=504 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=39463 Good afternoon Jatveejay Yes there is. Say your numeric value is in A1, in B1 the formula: =VALUE(A1) will show the number as a value. If you wanted to convert a number in its cell from a text number to a value number, ie., not use a formula in a di...

Outlook 2003 contact limit
Hi I have a excel spred sheet with 1300 contacts in it, i have some problems importing them into Outlook 2003 a lot of the contacts are not imported Is there a limit on how many contacts you can have? or am i doing something wrong Here is what i have done I have exported my contacts to a spread sheet and then added a lot of contacts and then tryed to import it again without success You are far below what the item count limit is. Outlook 97-2002 Personal folders 65,000 items per folder (max file size for pst is 2GB) Personal Folders (unicode) personal folders Unknown limit (artificial lim...

Copy and paste formula; Value pastes instead
Excel 2002 I've tried starting several worksheets, checking formats, pasting special (formula only). For some reason the formula actually copies OK by looking at the formula bar, but the value in the cell is identical to the value of the copied cell.Incorrect. Tried even the simplest formulas with no joy. BK ...

Will excel 2003 format a cell to the year?
It seems like it should be obvious, but I am finding it impossible to get excel to do a date format that recognizes a year. Is there some way? I typed a date in A1 (09/28/2006) and used format|Cells|number tab|custom category|yyyy with my USA settings. kateofmd@msn.com wrote: > > It seems like it should be obvious, but I am finding it impossible to > get excel to do a date format that recognizes a year. Is there some > way? -- Dave Peterson ...

Conditional format
Hi Conditional format Is there a way to get a cell's format determined by the format of a different cell?! e.g. Could one get an entire row market up in say bold red if one cell in that row was say less than 100 With thanks Ship Shiperton Henethe Hi Shiperton yep ) select the rows that you want to apply the conditional formatting to, ensuring that the first row of this group is the first row at the top of the screen (it gets confused sometimes if it isn't) the following example assums you've selected from row 2 onwards and you want the row to turn red if ...

Using Outlook 2003 Lotus Connector
I use Outlook XP and have it configured to use the Lotus Server connector and it works great. Recently I tried to config Outlook 2003 to use the Lotus Connector that is built into Outlook2003 and it fails everytime. Outlook loads but then closes and says the connector failed. Anyone have any ideas? That connector that looks built in is leftover cruft from your Outlook 2002 isntall. Ignore that. You need to wait for the Outlook 2003 connector, which is supposedly in beta now. Until then, IMAP/LDAP is your buddy -- sans calendar, of course. Cheers. Sander wrote: > I use Outlook XP ...

Is there an Excel formula to round a date to the end of the month
User enters a specific date, I'd like to round that entry to the end of the month With a date in A1: =DATE(YEAR(A1),MONTH(A1)+1,0) step into the next month and then back one day. -- Gary''s Student - gsnu201003 "Siralec" wrote: > User enters a specific date, I'd like to round that entry to the end of the > month Another way... This requires the Analysis ToolPak add-in be installed for Excel versions prior to Excel 2007. A1 = some date =EOMONTH(A1,0) Format as Date -- Biff Microsoft Excel MVP "Siralec" &...

WLM and Office 2003, Windows 7
Since moving over to Windows 7 and WLM, I cannot get the "send to" buttons in Office 2003 to work. I have checked that WLM is set as the default mail handler across windows and Office and even had to add registry entries as per MS instructions (although this was technically for Vista, I think). I want this to revert to it's old functionality, which also enabled sending oof one sheet from a spreadhseet in Excel. Help much appreciated - any suggestions ? I believe that won't work because WLM is not a full MAPI client like Outlook. Save the Excel file, then at...

Clipboard pasting
I copy something to the clipboard using Publisher 2007 and the computer tells me it is in the clipboard; however, when I go to paste that information into another document, Publisher acts like it is not there. I then need to close the document I wish to paste it into, reopen it, and then, like magic, there is the information in the clipboard and I am able to paste it. UGH!!!!!! -- Ginger Christenson Open the Office Clipboard in Publisher. Edit, Office Clipboard. What program are you pasting to? If it is an Office program, open the Office Clipboard in that program too. -- Mary Sauer ...

Look up multi values
I’m struggling figuring out how you would do the following? Work sheet data. A1 =25 B1 = 40 C D 1 25 30 2 25 40 3 27 41 4 28 42 What I want to do is lookup the values 25 & 40 (A1 & B1) from table C1 D4 Matching the value 25 in Column C & 40 in Column D & return the location in the table to Cell A2? If there is no matching value, were decimals come into play, i.e. 25.8, then return the next largest from column C with its parent value from D, Returned value = 2 or 3 if 25.5. Sounds simple but I get lost very quick! Any Help greatly appreciated. one way. This is an array...

Rules & Alerts won't work...
I have been running rules and alerts when I just noticed that one has an X in it. I re-did the entire rule fresh and the X continually comes back. Any suggestions as to why this will not take? I am using it to select emails that are coming from spam centers (i.e.@inbox.ru) and selecting if this appears in the senders email and then I am deleting them. And each time an X appears.... Thanks for your help! That just indicates that it's a rule that deletes things. "Terri" <phiter@mail.com> wrote in message news:u1K9wLusFHA.1220@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... >I have bee...

Checking a Yes/No field for its value
I'm trying to set a value in a custom number field based on alternatives in two other fields, and this is what I have tried so far: IIf([Text18]="Business Activity",[Number10],[Number1]), where summary tasks may or may not meet the test condition. This works for tasks and milestones, apart from summary tasks where the relevant value is not copied in - it's set to 0. So how do I add in an additional test for summary tasks to set the value explicitly? Here's what I have tried so far ... IIf( [Summary], truepart, falsepart ) IIf( [Summary]=True, truepart, fa...

"Paste Special" with the right click mouse
I would like to have the option of "Paste Special" with the right click mouse in all microsoft office suite. Thanks, ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/default.mspx?mid=de847738-df56-4...

Parameters And Null Values
I have a query that I wish to return ALL values between 2 dates AND any records that the date happens to be null I have used the following: WHERE (((Schedule.DateSubmitted) Between [Forms]![ViewReports]![DateFrom] And [Forms]![ViewReports]![DateTo] Or (Schedule.DateSubmitted) Is Null)) And the result is ONLY the Null values. WHERE (((Schedule.DateSubmitted) Between [Forms]![ViewReports]![DateFrom] And [Forms]![ViewReports]![DateTo] And (Schedule.DateSubmitted) Is Null)) And the result is Nothing...an empty set. What do I need to do so that it will show me all records betwe...

How do I remove links to external excel files
I need to remove the links to another excel file from my new workbook. How can I accomplish this without re- creating the spreadsheet from scratch? Thank you. TinaS Remove links means convert those formulas to values? If you can find them, just copy|paste special|values. But they can be difficult to find. I'd use Bill Manville's addin to help find the pesky ones. Findlink.zip from http://www.BMSLtd.co.uk/mvp (And it's easy to use. TinaS wrote: > > I need to remove the links to another excel file from my > new workbook. How can I accomplish this without re- >...

Pasting formulas advances cell reference
Hi When i paste special from one cell into another, it advances the cell reference and i just want an exact match i.e. A1 formula ='Feb 2010'!C18 but when i paste it into another cell it pastes it as ='Feb 2010'!D18 The C changes to D, how do i stop this happening? Thanks for any help in advance Derek Use absolute referencing. Below are the different reference styles. A1 Relative referencing. Both column and row will change if you copy or drag the formula. $A1 The column reference is fixed and will not change A$1 The row reference is fixed and wil...

Payee Manager / Standardized Payees Not Working
A couple months back the word "Checkcard" started showing up in many of my bank transactions. By default, it's one of the words in the payee manager that should be removed before checking for user defined payee names and if not found shouldn't show up at all in the payee name if using standardized payees. My understanding is the process should work like this... Download transaction Process with Payee Rules Manager, remove keywords, numbers, symbols to create "standardized name" Attempt lookup for payee using standardized name Display User Paye...