paste special

how do you paste only shown rows on a spreadsheet to a new workbook?  I have
hidden rows that I do not want to copy over.  thanks!
i am working in office 2007

If the rows are hidden because of a filter, simply select the cells (not the
whole worksheet) by clicking and dragging.

Ctrl-C to copy the selected cells

Switch to the new Sheet and Paste.

Any “hidden” rows will not be pasted.

Hope that helps,

Frank

"beana" wrote:

> how do you paste only shown rows on a spreadsheet to a new workbook?  I have
> hidden rows that I do not want to copy over.  thanks!
> i am working in office 2007
Perfect, thanks!!

"FrankWood" wrote:

> If the rows are hidden because of a filter, simply select the cells (not the
> whole worksheet) by clicking and dragging.
>
> Ctrl-C to copy the selected cells
>
> Switch to the new Sheet and Paste.
>
> Any “hidden” rows will not be pasted.
>
> Hope that helps,
>
> Frank
>

> "beana" wrote:
>
> > how do you paste only shown rows on a spreadsheet to a new workbook?  I have
> > hidden rows that I do not want to copy over.  thanks!
> > i am working in office 2007
F5>Special>Visible cell only>OK

Copy and paste.

Gord Dibben  MS Excel MVP

On Thu, 10 Dec 2009 11:01:02 -0800, beana <beana@discussions.microsoft.com>
wrote:

>how do you paste only shown rows on a spreadsheet to a new workbook?  I have
>hidden rows that I do not want to copy over.  thanks!
>i am working in office 2007

0
Gord
12/10/2009 7:32:23 PM
Welcome.  Happy to help.

"beana" wrote:

> Perfect, thanks!!
>
> "FrankWood" wrote:
>
> > If the rows are hidden because of a filter, simply select the cells (not the
> > whole worksheet) by clicking and dragging.
> >
> > Ctrl-C to copy the selected cells
> >
> > Switch to the new Sheet and Paste.
> >
> > Any “hidden” rows will not be pasted.
> >
> > Hope that helps,
> >
> > Frank
> >

> > "beana" wrote:
> >
> > > how do you paste only shown rows on a spreadsheet to a new workbook?  I have
> > > hidden rows that I do not want to copy over.  thanks!
> > > i am working in office 2007

Paste special treats cells as a picture
I just got a new computer, and a newer version of excel, which is great, but whenever I try to copy from one file to another, my paste special function treats the copied cells as a picture. Instead of the normal paste special popup, where it asks me how I want the data to come out, I get a different popup that shows the source as a "Microsoft Office Excel Worksheet Object." It asks me what format I want the picture to come out as, and gives me a list of different file formats. If I try to just paste a link, it puts a picture of the other file on the new one. I talked to so...

Copy and paste formula; Value pastes instead
Excel 2002 I've tried starting several worksheets, checking formats, pasting special (formula only). For some reason the formula actually copies OK by looking at the formula bar, but the value in the cell is identical to the value of the copied cell.Incorrect. Tried even the simplest formulas with no joy. BK ...

"Paste Special" with the right click mouse
I would like to have the option of "Paste Special" with the right click mouse in all microsoft office suite. Thanks, ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/default.mspx?mid=de847738-df56-4...

Clipboard pasting
I copy something to the clipboard using Publisher 2007 and the computer tells me it is in the clipboard; however, when I go to paste that information into another document, Publisher acts like it is not there. I then need to close the document I wish to paste it into, reopen it, and then, like magic, there is the information in the clipboard and I am able to paste it. UGH!!!!!! -- Ginger Christenson Open the Office Clipboard in Publisher. Edit, Office Clipboard. What program are you pasting to? If it is an Office program, open the Office Clipboard in that program too. -- Mary Sauer ...

Copy/Paste loop
I have a form on one sheet in excel, on the next sheet i have mad different coloums with different headings. I want the data from th form to be copyed to each heading e.g. name in form is copyed to unde the coloum with title name. So each time a user fills in there details he/she clicks submit an there data is copyed to the next page, like a small database. Is there a macro that can do this as i keep getting different error each time. I want this to continue in a loop Please help!!:confused -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com This might get you started: Option Explicit Opti...

Pasting formulas advances cell reference
Hi When i paste special from one cell into another, it advances the cell reference and i just want an exact match i.e. A1 formula ='Feb 2010'!C18 but when i paste it into another cell it pastes it as ='Feb 2010'!D18 The C changes to D, how do i stop this happening? Thanks for any help in advance Derek Use absolute referencing. Below are the different reference styles. A1 Relative referencing. Both column and row will change if you copy or drag the formula. $A1 The column reference is fixed and will not change A$1 The row reference is fixed and wil...

When I copy a picture and paste it into Publisher it disappears
I have tried to copy a picture from my documents and paste it into Publisher and the picture disappears. What version of Publisher? What happens if you go to... Insert / Picture / From File? -- John Inzer "Cathy" <Cathy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:EF2CA50C-78D9-47DB-8799-E9C3C9171038@microsoft.com... >I have tried to copy a picture from my documents and paste it into >Publisher > and the picture disappears. I am using Office Profession Edition 2003. I tried another picture and so far it is still there. Thanks. "John Inzer"...

Paste and Paste Special
What are the differences between paste and paste special and are these two functions the same for XP software from different sources? e.g Word, Publisher, Ventura and Word Perfect? -- _ _________________________________________ / \._._ |_ _ _ /' Orpheus Internet Services \_/| |_)| |(/_|_|_> / 'Internet for Everyone' _______ | ___________./ http://www.orpheusinternet.co.uk ...

pasting the result of a search
TIA once again. I have a macro that will search a wide range of cells to find a particular piece of data. when it finds that data, i need the macro to copy that data exactly 5 cells to the right of where it finds it. i can find the data, copy the data, (so that the little ants are running around the cell) but i do not know how to paste it to a different location that is based upon the original location. i tried to use "offset" but it seems like it requires a starting range, and the starting range will be different each time the macro selects a different piece of data. Can I use...

Excel to Word : Paste special>Paste Link> Excel Chart Obj doesn't
When I copy a chart from an Excell 2007 file and paste it as: Paste Special > Paste link > Microsoft Office Excel Chart Object I get a blank white picture (with gridlines in middle and a red (x) in the top left corner). It does not show correctly. However, the link is working correctly. after troubleshooting: I noticed that if I paste the same chart with 2700 rows of data the chart shows properly. But when I go above the 2700 rows of data the chart does not display properly. when I pasted the chart with the original 47000 rows of data it was not diplaying proper...

Copy and Paste in Excel, copies cell and formula, but shows same v
Excel 2003 with 2007 converters installed. Not constant problem, but have seen it once before, can't remember how to stop it happening. I have a bank forecast which I have a running total column, against a individual line item list. Noddy stuff. Problem. If I make changes to the forecast I need to recopy down the running total formula to refresh the running total when it doesn't pick up the additions, usual when a cut has been pasted in. Whilst it allows me to dragdown or copy and paste the formula and the new cells take on the correct line/column numbers to do thei...

Multi-Page table pasting as just one page
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel I'm working with multi-page documents containing tables - once those documents are done the finished tables on them must be copy/pasted into another master document, containing many multi-page tables. The problem is that sometimes (maybe 25% of the time) a multi-page table that I copy from one document pastes into the master document as just one page. <br><br>The pasted 1pg table is hard to describe - the top of the table reaches far above and below the page (into the margins, right up against the ed...

No paste as CSV option in the Paste Special selection
A client of mine is running Excel 2000. When they select Paste Special, CSV is not available as an option. The data she's copying is not the problem since I have tested it here. Any comments/suggestions?? Thanks Mike When you copy, you're copying raw data, not a file. If you want to convert XL data to .CSV, you need to take the data to a separate workbook and do a File, Save As, and select CSV. ...

Paste to adjacent cells
Hi All If I have Data in cells A1 to A10 or C1 to C23 etc and I want to paste more Data along side, to B1 to B10 or D1 to D23. Even better would be if I could paste to either side of the data. Is there away to do this without having to highlight those cells, this would save me allot of time. Thanks in Advance Dave, When you paste, it pastes the amount of stuff you've copied. If you've copied 10 vertical cells, that's what it's gonna paste. You need only select the top-left-most cell before you do a paste. -- Earl Kiosterud mvpearl omitthisword at verizon period ne...

copy paste #4
Hi we have a worksheet that contains a lot of data. there is a lot of merged cell what i want to do is copy and paste the values of the cells from one worksheet to another identical worksheet the first worksheet contains a lot of links i need to break these links on the second worksheet and display the text values of these cells When i try to do this in a macro i am getting an error message telling me cells not compatable any ideas how i can resolve this ? thanks in advance kevin Hi probably your merged cells cause this problems. Your formats are not identical for both sheets. Try to av...

Copying from 2007 (past 65Kth row) to 2003
Fill in 4 cells in 2007, A300000:B300001, putting in the values 1,2,3,4 to easily identify them. Select and copy the (square) range of 4 cells. Open 2003 and paste to cell A3. Interestingly, only the contents of (2007's) A65536:B65536 will be pasted to 2003's cell A3. (or any destination in 2003). To verify, put =row() & "C" & column() in A65536:B65536 and repeat. Was this patched or something...or do you duplicate the behavior? Same machine with dual 2003/2007 installation. 2003 is version SP2. I can't tell you with my 2007. (Yes, that's right. 2007's...

Pasting
Hi, I know this is a very basic question but when in some of my worksheet when I try and paste a cell I've selected I always get a open fil message which is trying to prompt me to paste to another workbook Currently I just click cancel and everything is fine. How can I sto this from happening. Rick -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com I've never seen anything like this. How are you pasting? (Edit|Paste, ctrl-V???) And is that open file message asking you to open a file or it needs to have a file opened? Can you give some more info? (and what version of excel you&#...

concatenate will not paste special
Hi I am trying to concatenate first name and last name columns, all is good till I copy and paste special.....It say copy and paste area is not the same size...and it is. Here is the real dilemma, when I copy and past the data into a new spread sheet and concatenate it works, except in certain records it drops the actual name and I end up with a blank field, that causes great grief when I send said data to another process that strips blank lines and shifts remaining data up resulting in an absolute train wreck of srong names to addresses. Help If desired, send your file ...

What caused my paste function not to work?
Even I checked the box under tools/edit/show paste button, I can not copy and paste from one excel workbook or file to another. How can I make the paste function work again? When I am in a work book, or click on Edit, the "paste" option is not highlighted on the toolbar. Sounds like a worksheet protection issue - check that the worksheet where the paste button is disabled is not protected. "EXCEL USER" wrote: > Even I checked the box under tools/edit/show paste button, I can not copy and > paste from one excel workbook or file to another. ...

copy/paste problem
i have norton antivirus, and its not letting me paste anything in publisher 2000. help! Shut Norton off? Melissa "Harami" <sosolid21_vish@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:6bf001c401da$0b11a2e0$a501280a@phx.gbl... > i have norton antivirus, and its not letting me paste > anything in publisher 2000. help! go to taskbar disable norton for e few seconds & do the cut & paste & enable norton >-----Original Message----- >i have norton antivirus, and its not letting me paste >anything in publisher 2000. help! >. > Disable script blocking...

Pasting all but Column widths doesnt get pasted.
Hi, If I copy a range of data (single column , many rows) and paste in to another worksheet/workbook then column widths are not pasted properly. If I go to paste special and use -- All-- it still wont work. I have to first use paste special - Column Width - and then if I do ctrl + v immediately it will work. Is the option --All -- not a super-set of -- Column Width-- in Paste special ? If the above is NO, shouldnt the paste special option box be a Check box rather than a Radio button? Did MS intentionally designed it that way or am I missing something. Thanks a lot, Hari India H...

PASTE SPECIAL
There are times when PASTE SPECIAL opens up a window to allow pasting o values/formulae/format/etc. At times, going to the same EDIT/PASTE SPECIAL menu, opens up anothe window asking only to paste UNICODE or TEXT, not showing the options o values/formulae/format/etc. See the pictures of the two distinct paste special windows. Why am I getting this variation, and how can I always get th values/formulae/format window? Thanks [image: http://mousaler.com/temp/paste_good.jpg] [image: http://mousaler.com/temp/paste_bad.jpg -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com I didn't open...

Border thickness varies when I paste Excel cells into Word.
Hello, May I please ask for your help? I have Word 2000 and Excel 2000. I added borders to a range of Excel cells. All cells have identical borders. However, when I copy this range of cells and paste it into Word [Paste Special/Picture (enhanced metafile)], some columns appear to have thicker borders than other columns. I tried removing the border for one of the columns with a thick border, and then adding a border again, but I this doesn't change how it looks when pasted in Word again. Please help, is there any way to have all of the columns have borders that appear to hav...

Copy and paste automatically
Hi all I am trying to create a macro that copies from a txt file into excel but it does not work. I have a excel file with 12 sheets (one for each month) and in each 5 columns headed year, period,account,location,value. I want it to get info from a txt file that may change every month and paste it in columns C,D and E. The problem is that it doesn't give me the chance to, everytime I run it, choose what tab to paste it to. Is there a way to create this macro? Any help would be very much appreciated. I have excel 2000 pro. Thanks You'll need to provide a little more informati...

Pasting to Large Ranges
Any tips on how to easily copy, say 3 cells, to say 20,000 more withou painting till your arm falls off -- maxim ----------------------------------------------------------------------- maxima's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=3526 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=55032 If the dimension of your paste area is a multiple of the dimension of your copy area, Excel will repeat the copy all the way down. So 1 2 3 Copied to [Blank] [Blank] [Blank] [Blank] [Blank] [Blank] Would generated 1 2 3 1 2 3 maxima wrote: ...