Paste Special as Text

I have a small program that drops text from a Word table into Excel
using Paste Special as Text.

Although Paste Special as Text should insert the contents of the
clipboard as text without any formatting this does not appear to be
happening as it did with Excel 2000 .

Excel 2003 splits the data when it meets a New Line or Carriage Return
and drops anything after it down to row below.

Any ideas what is causing this behaviour
Thanks for your assistance
Phil

0
pkenchatt (1)

Paste special treats cells as a picture
I just got a new computer, and a newer version of excel, which is great, but whenever I try to copy from one file to another, my paste special function treats the copied cells as a picture. Instead of the normal paste special popup, where it asks me how I want the data to come out, I get a different popup that shows the source as a "Microsoft Office Excel Worksheet Object." It asks me what format I want the picture to come out as, and gives me a list of different file formats. If I try to just paste a link, it puts a picture of the other file on the new one. I talked to so...

text must be seen as code
Hi all, I am struggling with the following: I have made a table where a define Case / Description Case / SQL-code The sql-code is the correct code (with [table]!... etc.) which need to be checked if a record belongs to case 1 , case 2 , etc. I want the code for these codes all togheter in a table to make it easier for my successor to maintain it. Now the problem: In a query I make the following check: Case 6: IIf([Overview cases]![SQL-code],"OK","NOK") This does not work because access sees the test as TEXT, how can I make it clear to access that this [Overview cases...

Text values to numeric values
Is there a formula to convert a text value in a cell to a numeri value? Thanks, Jayveeja -- jayveeja ----------------------------------------------------------------------- jayveejay's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=504 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=39463 Good afternoon Jatveejay Yes there is. Say your numeric value is in A1, in B1 the formula: =VALUE(A1) will show the number as a value. If you wanted to convert a number in its cell from a text number to a value number, ie., not use a formula in a di...

Copy and paste formula; Value pastes instead
Excel 2002 I've tried starting several worksheets, checking formats, pasting special (formula only). For some reason the formula actually copies OK by looking at the formula bar, but the value in the cell is identical to the value of the copied cell.Incorrect. Tried even the simplest formulas with no joy. BK ...

"Paste Special" with the right click mouse
I would like to have the option of "Paste Special" with the right click mouse in all microsoft office suite. Thanks, ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/default.mspx?mid=de847738-df56-4...

Text data
I am entering text data into a spreadsheet and I need to know how to calculate the number of times particular words/phrases appear in each column. I am very new to excel, so any help would be appreciated! =COUNTIF(A1:A1000,"word") replace A1:A1000 with your range and word with the word you want to count -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "excelbeginner" <excelbeginner@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:FE55CF40-F3B6-42F3-918F-D200690758F6@microsoft.com... >I am entering text data into a spreadsheet and I need to know how to > calculate the nu...

Text boxes in e-mail newsletter
I want to send an e-mail newsletter in the body of an e-mail. When I e-mail the newsletter to myself or another person, the formatting looks fine, but if you click on any of the text, a text box outline appears around the text. How can I make it so that this box doesn't show up if someone clicks on the text? Even though you can click on any object of the email, they cannot be edited. I have no idea why this happens. If you save the email into a folder this phenomenon doesn't occur. A better solution would be to send your newsletter as a PDF. Publisher 2007? There is a *save as a...

Clipboard pasting
I copy something to the clipboard using Publisher 2007 and the computer tells me it is in the clipboard; however, when I go to paste that information into another document, Publisher acts like it is not there. I then need to close the document I wish to paste it into, reopen it, and then, like magic, there is the information in the clipboard and I am able to paste it. UGH!!!!!! -- Ginger Christenson Open the Office Clipboard in Publisher. Edit, Office Clipboard. What program are you pasting to? If it is an Office program, open the Office Clipboard in that program too. -- Mary Sauer ...

Pasting formulas advances cell reference
Hi When i paste special from one cell into another, it advances the cell reference and i just want an exact match i.e. A1 formula ='Feb 2010'!C18 but when i paste it into another cell it pastes it as ='Feb 2010'!D18 The C changes to D, how do i stop this happening? Thanks for any help in advance Derek Use absolute referencing. Below are the different reference styles. A1 Relative referencing. Both column and row will change if you copy or drag the formula. $A1 The column reference is fixed and will not change A$1 The row reference is fixed and wil...

Copy/Paste loop
I have a form on one sheet in excel, on the next sheet i have mad different coloums with different headings. I want the data from th form to be copyed to each heading e.g. name in form is copyed to unde the coloum with title name. So each time a user fills in there details he/she clicks submit an there data is copyed to the next page, like a small database. Is there a macro that can do this as i keep getting different error each time. I want this to continue in a loop Please help!!:confused -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com This might get you started: Option Explicit Opti...

text box filter by form
For some reason that I just can't explain, a text box on a form associated with a single primary key field behaves unexpectedly when I do a filter-by-form. Instead of listing all of the records from the source table as choices in combo box mode, I only see "Is Null" and "Is Not Null" as choices. I have an older form from another database that behaves as I hoped this one would, yet there seems to be no property differences between the two text boxes. Can anybody explain what I'm missing please? Having "Is Null" and "Is Not Null" as filt...

When I copy a picture and paste it into Publisher it disappears
I have tried to copy a picture from my documents and paste it into Publisher and the picture disappears. What version of Publisher? What happens if you go to... Insert / Picture / From File? -- John Inzer "Cathy" <Cathy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:EF2CA50C-78D9-47DB-8799-E9C3C9171038@microsoft.com... >I have tried to copy a picture from my documents and paste it into >Publisher > and the picture disappears. I am using Office Profession Edition 2003. I tried another picture and so far it is still there. Thanks. "John Inzer"...

Paste and Paste Special
What are the differences between paste and paste special and are these two functions the same for XP software from different sources? e.g Word, Publisher, Ventura and Word Perfect? -- _ _________________________________________ / \._._ |_ _ _ /' Orpheus Internet Services \_/| |_)| |(/_|_|_> / 'Internet for Everyone' _______ | ___________./ http://www.orpheusinternet.co.uk ...

.CSV Text
i have a spreadsheet with a column of numbers in it. some of the numbers start with zero and must always start with zero. they are item numbers. i need to save the spreadsheet as .CSV. when i save it as a .CSV and open it back up the leading zero's are gone. i need them to stay there. i have tried formatting that column as text before saving and it did not keep the zero's. TIA...spence ...

If condition with text
I need a formula for the following condition: If text equals (word) then enter 1, if text equal (word 2) then enter 0 This is the formula I tried to used but is not working =IF(OR(LEFT(O2,6)="Coping",LEFT(O2,5)="Paver",O2=""),0,1) Then I need another formula that works with the one above for the following condition: If (Cell A) equals 1 then ( cell B) must be greater than ( 0) and if ( Cell A ) equals 0 then nothing happens. I’m very new at Excel, I hope someone can help! Thanks, =IF(LEFT(O2,6)="Coping",1, if(LEFT(O2,5)="P...

pasting the result of a search
TIA once again. I have a macro that will search a wide range of cells to find a particular piece of data. when it finds that data, i need the macro to copy that data exactly 5 cells to the right of where it finds it. i can find the data, copy the data, (so that the little ants are running around the cell) but i do not know how to paste it to a different location that is based upon the original location. i tried to use "offset" but it seems like it requires a starting range, and the starting range will be different each time the macro selects a different piece of data. Can I use...

Excel to Word : Paste special>Paste Link> Excel Chart Obj doesn't
When I copy a chart from an Excell 2007 file and paste it as: Paste Special > Paste link > Microsoft Office Excel Chart Object I get a blank white picture (with gridlines in middle and a red (x) in the top left corner). It does not show correctly. However, the link is working correctly. after troubleshooting: I noticed that if I paste the same chart with 2700 rows of data the chart shows properly. But when I go above the 2700 rows of data the chart does not display properly. when I pasted the chart with the original 47000 rows of data it was not diplaying proper...

How do I preserve text color when combining cell data
I'm using "&" to combine data from multiple cells. Each cell has text of a different color and I want to preserve those colors in the new combined cell. The new combined cell is formatting all the text to one color. Anyone have any suggestions on how to maintain the separate colors in the new cell? A formula can only return a value to a cell, so you cannot return formatting and such. =A1&A2 will return the value of A1 and A2 to the cell that has that formula entered in it. HTH Regards, Howard "CraigS" <CraigS@discussions.microsof...

Text without word wrap
I am fairly new to Excel, converting from QPro. and having trouble with a feature I miss a lot. I find word wrap and/or joining cells clunky, QPro has a feature called Text Reformatting .In the QPro help file text reformatting is described as : "About Reformatting Text Format Text Reformat lets you adjust word wrapping in a series of label entries as though they were in a paragraph. You can enter text as a long label or a series of labels, then reorganize the text as a paragraph, using any number of cells or columns." Does anyone know of an Excel equivalent, or VBA code to do the ...

Copy and Paste in Excel, copies cell and formula, but shows same v
Excel 2003 with 2007 converters installed. Not constant problem, but have seen it once before, can't remember how to stop it happening. I have a bank forecast which I have a running total column, against a individual line item list. Noddy stuff. Problem. If I make changes to the forecast I need to recopy down the running total formula to refresh the running total when it doesn't pick up the additions, usual when a cut has been pasted in. Whilst it allows me to dragdown or copy and paste the formula and the new cells take on the correct line/column numbers to do thei...

How to draw a vertical text properly?
Could you give me a favor? How to draw a text vertically and make it looks good? I was trying to change a lfEscapement of LOGFONT, but then it looks sharp. lfQuality flag doesn't make a sense. Tnaks. ...

No paste as CSV option in the Paste Special selection
A client of mine is running Excel 2000. When they select Paste Special, CSV is not available as an option. The data she's copying is not the problem since I have tested it here. Any comments/suggestions?? Thanks Mike When you copy, you're copying raw data, not a file. If you want to convert XL data to .CSV, you need to take the data to a separate workbook and do a File, Save As, and select CSV. ...

exporting a report in text
I have data in one table for which I have created formatted reports - 1 by program number and 1 by last name. I have the reports the way I want them to look. I need to have them in text-delimited format. The reason for this is that I need to be able to upload them into a DREAMWEAVER table. If they are in the text-delimited format I can upload all the reports fairly easily. Otherwise, I have to export them to WORD as a table, and then laboriously upload them to Dreamweaver column by column as DW will not accept the whole report. (It is doable, but not too convenient. Than...

Multi-Page table pasting as just one page
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel I'm working with multi-page documents containing tables - once those documents are done the finished tables on them must be copy/pasted into another master document, containing many multi-page tables. The problem is that sometimes (maybe 25% of the time) a multi-page table that I copy from one document pastes into the master document as just one page. <br><br>The pasted 1pg table is hard to describe - the top of the table reaches far above and below the page (into the margins, right up against the ed...

using text box as query criteria
I have a form with a subform. My main form has a text box wich is used in the query expression of my subform. In the KeyUp event of the text box I refresh the forms. This works to filter my subform each time a new character is entered into the text box. My problem is every time a key is pressed the refresh selects the entire contents of the text box. each new letter you type replaces the last making it impossible to type an entire word. Is there and easy work around. Is there a way to mimic the end key behavior in code? TIA, Tim On Fri, 23 Feb 2007 16:11:05 -0800, "Tim ...