paste multiline text to a single cell-Excel 97

I wrote a little macro to do this with the .GetFromClipboard method and it
works fine, but many users will need to do this in the org and I'm wondering
if there's a simpler method.

Based on other recommendations I tried the replace Alt+0010 method and got
an error message that the 'Formula is too long.'

Is there a simpler method?

Thanks! Cindy
0
cgbikes (1)

Maybe they could just paste into the formula bar.

But I don't think I understand the real question.

--

Dave Peterson
ec35720@netscape.com

Paste special treats cells as a picture
I just got a new computer, and a newer version of excel, which is great, but whenever I try to copy from one file to another, my paste special function treats the copied cells as a picture. Instead of the normal paste special popup, where it asks me how I want the data to come out, I get a different popup that shows the source as a "Microsoft Office Excel Worksheet Object." It asks me what format I want the picture to come out as, and gives me a list of different file formats. If I try to just paste a link, it puts a picture of the other file on the new one. I talked to so...

text must be seen as code
Hi all, I am struggling with the following: I have made a table where a define Case / Description Case / SQL-code The sql-code is the correct code (with [table]!... etc.) which need to be checked if a record belongs to case 1 , case 2 , etc. I want the code for these codes all togheter in a table to make it easier for my successor to maintain it. Now the problem: In a query I make the following check: Case 6: IIf([Overview cases]![SQL-code],"OK","NOK") This does not work because access sees the test as TEXT, how can I make it clear to access that this [Overview cases...

Text values to numeric values
Is there a formula to convert a text value in a cell to a numeri value? Thanks, Jayveeja -- jayveeja ----------------------------------------------------------------------- jayveejay's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=504 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=39463 Good afternoon Jatveejay Yes there is. Say your numeric value is in A1, in B1 the formula: =VALUE(A1) will show the number as a value. If you wanted to convert a number in its cell from a text number to a value number, ie., not use a formula in a di...

Copy and paste formula; Value pastes instead
Excel 2002 I've tried starting several worksheets, checking formats, pasting special (formula only). For some reason the formula actually copies OK by looking at the formula bar, but the value in the cell is identical to the value of the copied cell.Incorrect. Tried even the simplest formulas with no joy. BK ...

Will excel 2003 format a cell to the year?
It seems like it should be obvious, but I am finding it impossible to get excel to do a date format that recognizes a year. Is there some way? I typed a date in A1 (09/28/2006) and used format|Cells|number tab|custom category|yyyy with my USA settings. kateofmd@msn.com wrote: > > It seems like it should be obvious, but I am finding it impossible to > get excel to do a date format that recognizes a year. Is there some > way? -- Dave Peterson ...

Is there an Excel formula to round a date to the end of the month
User enters a specific date, I'd like to round that entry to the end of the month With a date in A1: =DATE(YEAR(A1),MONTH(A1)+1,0) step into the next month and then back one day. -- Gary''s Student - gsnu201003 "Siralec" wrote: > User enters a specific date, I'd like to round that entry to the end of the > month Another way... This requires the Analysis ToolPak add-in be installed for Excel versions prior to Excel 2007. A1 = some date =EOMONTH(A1,0) Format as Date -- Biff Microsoft Excel MVP "Siralec" &...

Conditional format
Hi Conditional format Is there a way to get a cell's format determined by the format of a different cell?! e.g. Could one get an entire row market up in say bold red if one cell in that row was say less than 100 With thanks Ship Shiperton Henethe Hi Shiperton yep ) select the rows that you want to apply the conditional formatting to, ensuring that the first row of this group is the first row at the top of the screen (it gets confused sometimes if it isn't) the following example assums you've selected from row 2 onwards and you want the row to turn red if ...

"Paste Special" with the right click mouse
I would like to have the option of "Paste Special" with the right click mouse in all microsoft office suite. Thanks, ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/default.mspx?mid=de847738-df56-4...

Text data
I am entering text data into a spreadsheet and I need to know how to calculate the number of times particular words/phrases appear in each column. I am very new to excel, so any help would be appreciated! =COUNTIF(A1:A1000,"word") replace A1:A1000 with your range and word with the word you want to count -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "excelbeginner" <excelbeginner@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:FE55CF40-F3B6-42F3-918F-D200690758F6@microsoft.com... >I am entering text data into a spreadsheet and I need to know how to > calculate the nu...

Excel 97 #3
what is the Red triangle in a cell called, I believe it is some type of handle. Is it in the top right corner? If yes, then it's probably a comment indicator. Let your cursor linger over that cell. If you see a comment, that's it. rjh wrote: > > what is the Red triangle in a cell called, I believe it is > some type of handle. -- Dave Peterson ec35720@msn.com The red triangle indicates someone has inserted a comment to give you information. Move the mouse over the cell to show the comment. Right- click on the comment to edit or delete it. Regards Peter >----...

Text boxes in e-mail newsletter
I want to send an e-mail newsletter in the body of an e-mail. When I e-mail the newsletter to myself or another person, the formatting looks fine, but if you click on any of the text, a text box outline appears around the text. How can I make it so that this box doesn't show up if someone clicks on the text? Even though you can click on any object of the email, they cannot be edited. I have no idea why this happens. If you save the email into a folder this phenomenon doesn't occur. A better solution would be to send your newsletter as a PDF. Publisher 2007? There is a *save as a...

Clipboard pasting
I copy something to the clipboard using Publisher 2007 and the computer tells me it is in the clipboard; however, when I go to paste that information into another document, Publisher acts like it is not there. I then need to close the document I wish to paste it into, reopen it, and then, like magic, there is the information in the clipboard and I am able to paste it. UGH!!!!!! -- Ginger Christenson Open the Office Clipboard in Publisher. Edit, Office Clipboard. What program are you pasting to? If it is an Office program, open the Office Clipboard in that program too. -- Mary Sauer ...

How do I remove links to external excel files
I need to remove the links to another excel file from my new workbook. How can I accomplish this without re- creating the spreadsheet from scratch? Thank you. TinaS Remove links means convert those formulas to values? If you can find them, just copy|paste special|values. But they can be difficult to find. I'd use Bill Manville's addin to help find the pesky ones. Findlink.zip from http://www.BMSLtd.co.uk/mvp (And it's easy to use. TinaS wrote: > > I need to remove the links to another excel file from my > new workbook. How can I accomplish this without re- >...

Pasting formulas advances cell reference
Hi When i paste special from one cell into another, it advances the cell reference and i just want an exact match i.e. A1 formula ='Feb 2010'!C18 but when i paste it into another cell it pastes it as ='Feb 2010'!D18 The C changes to D, how do i stop this happening? Thanks for any help in advance Derek Use absolute referencing. Below are the different reference styles. A1 Relative referencing. Both column and row will change if you copy or drag the formula. $A1 The column reference is fixed and will not change A$1 The row reference is fixed and wil...

Keep certain cells from moving
I'm sure this will be an easy one, but I can't seem to find the info i help. I'm using Excel 97 and have a simple sheet with a few columns o data. I've setup auto-filters for colums A-E. What I want to to is put some formulas in column F that don't ge blanked out when I use the filters (if they're on a line that doesn' meet the condition I've selected, they dissappear). I'd also like the to give me dynamic totals. For instance, I have dollar amounts attributed to certain people in on column and their names in another. If I use the filter to select o...

Copy/Paste loop
I have a form on one sheet in excel, on the next sheet i have mad different coloums with different headings. I want the data from th form to be copyed to each heading e.g. name in form is copyed to unde the coloum with title name. So each time a user fills in there details he/she clicks submit an there data is copyed to the next page, like a small database. Is there a macro that can do this as i keep getting different error each time. I want this to continue in a loop Please help!!:confused -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com This might get you started: Option Explicit Opti...

When I copy a picture and paste it into Publisher it disappears
I have tried to copy a picture from my documents and paste it into Publisher and the picture disappears. What version of Publisher? What happens if you go to... Insert / Picture / From File? -- John Inzer "Cathy" <Cathy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:EF2CA50C-78D9-47DB-8799-E9C3C9171038@microsoft.com... >I have tried to copy a picture from my documents and paste it into >Publisher > and the picture disappears. I am using Office Profession Edition 2003. I tried another picture and so far it is still there. Thanks. "John Inzer"...

text box filter by form
For some reason that I just can't explain, a text box on a form associated with a single primary key field behaves unexpectedly when I do a filter-by-form. Instead of listing all of the records from the source table as choices in combo box mode, I only see "Is Null" and "Is Not Null" as choices. I have an older form from another database that behaves as I hoped this one would, yet there seems to be no property differences between the two text boxes. Can anybody explain what I'm missing please? Having "Is Null" and "Is Not Null" as filt...

Excel Footer
I'm working in a controlled environment and would like to find an easy way to insert the date last saved into the footer. -sdc- You must use VBA. Right-click on the excel icon located in the left most portion of the worksheet menu bar. choose "view code". In the VB editor that appear paste the following code. Private Sub Workbook_BeforeSave(ByVal SaveAsUI As Boolean, Cancel As Boolean) ActiveSheet.PageSetup.RightFooter = Format(Now(), "mmmm dd,yyyy hh:mm") End Sub or if you want to have it all sheet use Private Sub Workbook_BeforeSave(ByVal SaveAsUI As Bool...

Named Range Header Row in Excel 2007
Lately I've been seeing the row ABOVE my named range as containing the headers when doing a Data / Sort with the "My data has headers" box checked. Does this make sense? I suspect that I've changed some option somewhere to cause this but I = can't find it now. Thanks. ...

.CSV Text
i have a spreadsheet with a column of numbers in it. some of the numbers start with zero and must always start with zero. they are item numbers. i need to save the spreadsheet as .CSV. when i save it as a .CSV and open it back up the leading zero's are gone. i need them to stay there. i have tried formatting that column as text before saving and it did not keep the zero's. TIA...spence ...

Paste and Paste Special
What are the differences between paste and paste special and are these two functions the same for XP software from different sources? e.g Word, Publisher, Ventura and Word Perfect? -- _ _________________________________________ / \._._ |_ _ _ /' Orpheus Internet Services \_/| |_)| |(/_|_|_> / 'Internet for Everyone' _______ | ___________./ http://www.orpheusinternet.co.uk ...

pasting the result of a search
TIA once again. I have a macro that will search a wide range of cells to find a particular piece of data. when it finds that data, i need the macro to copy that data exactly 5 cells to the right of where it finds it. i can find the data, copy the data, (so that the little ants are running around the cell) but i do not know how to paste it to a different location that is based upon the original location. i tried to use "offset" but it seems like it requires a starting range, and the starting range will be different each time the macro selects a different piece of data. Can I use...

Hide and Protect Cells/Columns in Resource Sheet
I am working in Project 2003 Resource Sheet and have entered Standard Rates for the resources and would like to hide these rates. (Similar to how you would use Custom format to hide cell contents in Excel). Can this be done in Project? I know you can hide a column but anyone can redisplay a hidden column. Is there a way to hide and protect the rates so that other users cannot see them? Thanks for your help. Yes. Delete the rates from any file that you give to anyone who should not see the rates. Hidden, protected. -- Trevor Rabey 0407213955 61 8 92727485 PERFECT PR...

If condition with text
I need a formula for the following condition: If text equals (word) then enter 1, if text equal (word 2) then enter 0 This is the formula I tried to used but is not working =IF(OR(LEFT(O2,6)="Coping",LEFT(O2,5)="Paver",O2=""),0,1) Then I need another formula that works with the one above for the following condition: If (Cell A) equals 1 then ( cell B) must be greater than ( 0) and if ( Cell A ) equals 0 then nothing happens. I’m very new at Excel, I hope someone can help! Thanks, =IF(LEFT(O2,6)="Coping",1, if(LEFT(O2,5)="P...