Partial Copying to New Worksheet in same Workbook

Hi, again.

I have a worksheet with a lot of data going across.  If I want to look
at data on the far right, I have to scroll all the time.  I thought it
would be easier to, say, divide the worksheet into thirds and put each
third into a separate worksheet in the same workbook.  That way I
could just click on the tab to view the data.

The problem I'm having is that I keep getting the #ref error.  Yes, I
have all sorts of formulas and stuff, but shouldn't you just be able
to copy to another sheet and have it work?  What is the easiest
solution?

Thanks,

Frank West
0
FrW22 (16)

Hi Frank
Are you sure that you want to break up the data? Its not a bad thing, i
just wonder how much maintenance is involved when it has to be
changed?

Have you thought of splitting the screen? (or wont this work for you?)

Do you know how to write a macro. This way you could write one that is
connected to a keyboard shortcut so that it scrolls to the correct
position every time?

---

On Wed, 31 Dec 2003 02:58:37 -0600, liddlem
<liddlem.zandz@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote:

>Hi Frank
>Are you sure that you want to break up the data? Its not a bad thing, i
>just wonder how much maintenance is involved when it has to be
>changed?

I don't know how to do it without getting the #ref! error, but it
seems like an easy solution.

>Have you thought of splitting the screen? (or wont this work for you?)

I can split the screen from top to bottom using the freeze pane mode,
but I haven't tried splitting from left to right.

>Do you know how to write a macro. This way you could write one that is
>connected to a keyboard shortcut so that it scrolls to the correct
>position every time?

I hadn't thought of a macro, I might try that, thanks.

0
FrW (6)
12/31/2003 10:56:30 AM
Another option may be to just use Window|New window a couple of times.

Then you can arrange the windows (vertically?) and show each portion
independently.

When you're tired of all the open windows, you can click on the window you don't
want and hit ctrl-F4.

If you see:
book1.xls:2
in the title bar, that's excel's way of warning you that you have multiple
windows.

--

Dave Peterson
ec35720@msn.com
wrote:

>Another option may be to just use Window|New window a couple of times.
>
>Then you can arrange the windows (vertically?) and show each portion
>independently.
>
>When you're tired of all the open windows, you can click on the window you don't
>want and hit ctrl-F4.

Hi, Dave, thanks for the suggestion.

This is a good answer, but the only problem is that when you open a
new window you lose all of your formatting.  I have to refit the
screen size (from 100% to 80%) and I lose my freeze pane mode.

Is there a way around this?

Thanks,

FW
0
FrW (6)
12/31/2003 8:34:44 PM
My way around it is to change it manually--not a nice answer, huh?

--

Dave Peterson
ec35720@msn.com

Save Sheet to new WorkBook.
I am attempting to copy a single sheet from one workbook into a new workbook and save it - keeping the original unchanged. When I use the code below it does indeed create a new workbook and copy the required sheet into it. But the active cell from the original now appears in the new workbook .contaiing a few lines of vba (not mine!). Also the original workbook seems to have been renamed. Suggestions welcomed! TIA Chris Sub SaveReport() Dim strFilename As String If strActivePieceNo = "" Then Call WhatPieceNumber strFilename = "Report on Piece No " & strActiveP...

New Error in Excel 97
Hi, I have recently started receiving an error and some files will not work properly in Excel 97. The message says "Data May be Lost". I think it started with the installation of Windows Internet Explorer 7. I uninstalled IE7 and the message went away again, which is fine for me. However other work colleagues of mine don't have this option. Is there a way to successfully run both these programs? Thanks, Robyn. For what it's worth I am running XL97 and Windows Internet Explorer in an XP Samsung laptop with no problems whether IE is runnin gor not. -- HTH Sandy In Perth, ...

New Smartlists from SLBuilder only work for me the builder
I have recently installed Smartlist Builder on several user's PC's and have created both new Smartlists & Excel Reports. The Excel Reports that have been deployed work fine for users with access. The Smartlists I have created (along with the downloaded from MS one's) are "visible to the user but no results are returned". So far I have given the users increasing security rights to be able to access the lists. I can log into their machines & run the reports as "sa" and my user id, they don't run under theirs even though they see the l...

All undeliverable mail to one box / forward to new virtual server / awaiting directory lookup (exchange 2003)
Hi, I am trying to forward all underliverable mail to one box and I found the VB code how to catch the OnArrival event (http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;q315631). In this article all mail is forwarded to a second virtual server. I am running on a server with one IP address so I created a second virtual server on port 8025. The problem is that all mail sent to the second server is stored in a queue 'awaiting directory lookup' and I don't have a clue how to setup this thing right. How should I configure the second virtual server so Exchange picks-up the mes...

To copy an email into a folder on different Server, but keep date
Hi, I need to take an email on Outlook 2007 and 'save' into onto another server. I realise I can copy~paste, but this shows a 'modified' date as the current date of this copy. But I want to show the 'created' date of the original email!!! Thus othe users can see the date order of these emails, rather than a plethora of emails all with the same 'copy' date. Kind regards, Dave Hi Dave, You can use the Export feature in Outlook, Export it into a .pst file and afterwards import it into the new account :) Then you will get all your data + i...

Renaming worksheet tabs
Hi I dont know if anyone can help me, but I am having problems renaming the worksheet tabs on a spreadsheet. I have set up a procedure that when run, opens a dialog box and asks the user to input a name into a text box. This name is then copied and pasted to a cell on a worksheet. I then take a copy of an existing worksheet, and the intention is to get Excel to automatically rename the new copy with the name entered in the text box and pasted to the sheet (if you see what I mean). I am using the following code to try this last part: Sheets("WORKSHEET").Select Range("A1"...

how to automatically configure excel data in all worksheets of a .
how to configure macro creations & their use ? Hi Er, If I correctly interpret your question, see David McRitchies introduction to macros at; http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/getstarted.htm --- Regards, Norman "Er Singh SD" <Er Singh SD@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0E53521F-201C-4050-B57C-CCB350EBE114@microsoft.com... > how to configure macro creations & their use ? ...

using jpegs in worksheets
Hello, I work at a museum, and tend to use jpegs a lot in worksheets. I have been copying them from an image viewer and pasting them into cells, after manually expanding the cell to fit the image. The result is a spreadsheet that is very helpful, but is also extremely large. I have one for a current exhibition that is something like 50-60 megs. I believe there is a way to put an image LINK into a cell instead of pasting the image in it, thereby saving a great deal of drive space and time (the huge worksheets I've been making take upwards of 5 minutes to open on even a good com...

Excel opening a "phantom" worksheet at random times
I have a user who will have a phantom Excel spreadsheet, entitled Object, open at random times while she is trying to open another spreadsheet. This Ojbect spreadsheet will stay open, and she can open other spreadsheets, but the only thing that will open is the Menu bar, toolbars, and the status bar. The file itself doesn't open, the space is empty and the user can see the desktop. When this happens, the user has to shut down her machine, not a restart, before she can continue on in Excel. Any ideas? ...

Copying a custom menu bar
I have a form that has its own custom menu bar in Access 2000. I'd like to make a copy of the menu bar and use it with another form. How can I do this? Thanks. "Neil" <nospam@nospam.net> wrote in message news:y4SWi.4015$Nz7.799@nlpi070.nbdc.sbc.com... >I have a form that has its own custom menu bar in Access 2000. I'd like to >make a copy of the menu bar and use it with another form. How can I do >this? Thanks. Right click on any toolbar and select Customize. Click the 'New' button and give it a name, then Ctrl-drag your controls from the old...

Cannot COPY then PASTE
Repost from another newsgroup I am probably doing something very stupid. I have been using EXCEL since it's inception, and have developed many worksheets and VBA code. I am not a newbie. My problem exists with one worksheet, no others. In fact, the problem does not manifest itself on other worksheets within the workbook. The problem is this....... I can select any range of cells, then <EDIT><COPY>, and the appropriate borders surround the selection and the notification "Select destination etcetera" appears. But the instant I select any cell or range within the SA...

How to fix an incorrect conversion rate in a new entity in a/p sub
I set up a new entity in Great Plains, version 9. The only transactions I entered were to establish the A/P detail in the subsidiary ledger. The problem is that I used an incorrect conversion rate from Sterling to Euro. Is there a way to delete this activity and start over? I do not want to delete the new entity and then create a new one because I do not beleive you can use the same entity name. Thank you. Sorry, you're out of luck. Next time be more careful during setup. -- Darryl L. Miller "LH" wrote: > I set up a new entity in Great Plains, version 9. The only t...

Copy & Paste problem.....
I have a saved document that I reuse daily. I want to have it always be in bold, uppercase letters with a specific font and size. When I receive data in an email (name and address in the body) I want to copy and paste it into my document and have it automatically appear in the bold, upperase etc. Since I always receive it in another font and lowerase, how do I do this? Thanks! You create a style with the correct attributes. Then after the copy/paste apply the style. You can assign a keyboard shortcut to the style to make it quick to apply. -- Terry Farrell - MSWord MVP...

Cannot Send Email's on New Account
I am adding another email account to my Outlook XP. Outlook can see bot the outgoing and incoming email servers, but refuses to send the email I get an error saying that something is wrong with my SSL or port, bu it is set on default. And on another computer at work the same exac settings work. I went to more options and put the option to log ont the smtp server before sending a message, because thats how i have i set up at work and it still does no comply. I have tried almost ever account option i can find, so i am thinking it must be something abou my own internet connection or IP that is n...

How do I find differences between two excel worksheets?
Each worksheet has one column of numbers and a second column of text. Using Excel2003 See Chip's site www.cpearson.com . He has lots on this topic best wishes -- Bernard V Liengme www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme remove caps from email "jfurneaux" <jfurneaux@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C9877485-FB21-4495-9AE0-83C41409ACA3@microsoft.com... > Each worksheet has one column of numbers and a second column of text. > Using Excel2003 ...

Adding users accounts from New domain on Ex5.5 Srv
Recently we have installed win2k AD in our company and migrated users from NT 4.0 using NTADM utility. We have trust between NT 4.0 and AD. Our 5.5 Exchange servers have mailboxes for NT 4.0 users. Now when I log on to new AD domain and try to access my mailbox I get "credential are incorrect" error. The only way to access my mailbox on Exchange 5.5 while I am logon from new AD Domain is if I add my account to (which is same as NT 4.0 account) mailbox from Exchange Admin program Tool -) Permission. I have 2000 users in my company to add to 5.5 mailboxes from new domain. Is...

Need Formula Help Copying "Image" URL from B2 to A2
Hi all sorry if this is a repeated question in this ng. I just could not find one related my querry. I have sitmap list in excel. I want to separate the links with the word images in it. http://.........../display.asp?hs=7130g&tariff=tmobxnetflext35.18 http://............/display.asp?image=large&hs=7130g both links are in B1 and B2, I want to copy the the link with the word "image" in the middle to A2. what formula can I use in A2? any tip would be appreciated. Thanks in advance. tim try =IF(FIND("image",B2),B2,"...

Copy embedded TextBox?
I want to be able to copy the data from what appears to be an embedded textbox so that I can save it elsewhere. I've not come across this type of textbox before, so any help would be appreciated. It appears to be called TextBox1 and in the formula bar is.... =EMBED (Forms.TextBox.1" ," ") I want to copy it elswhere using a line like the one below but this doesn't work. Workbooks(ExcelFileName).Worksheets("Working").Range("TextBox1").Copy Any ideas? VT There are a couple of different textboxes you can put on a worksheet. One comes from the Dr...

Copying Outlook Between a Desktop and a Laptop?
Windows XP Pro SP3 Outlook 2007 I normally use Outlook 2007 on a Desktop computer. When I travel I use a Laptop and would like to copy whatever is necessary to synchronize the Laptop from the Desktop. When I get back I want to synchronize the Desktop from the Laptop. Outlook will never be open on both machines at the same time. What directories do I need to copy back and forth to do this? http://www.howto-outlook.com/howto/backupandrestore.htm http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/sync.asp "Stewart Berman" <saberman@nospam.nospam> wrote in message news:vkde859teulieja29l905t...

Add new inventory list to existing list
I have an existing inventory with the item # and qty listed. When I add new items to the inventory, I need to have a way to check for duplicates (besides the Find/Replace functions), and if there are duplicates, add the quantities together, otherwise add it as a new entry. HELP! It can be done with the very useful SUMPRODUCT function. My example will need some refinement, but illustrates the principle. I based it on only 20 entries. I named a few ranges: items: cells A2 to A21 quantities: cells B2 to B21 ranks: cells C2 to C21 A1 contains the heading "Item #" and B1 contains the...

How do I change format of all comments in worksheet?
I want to be able to change font and size of text within comments in a whole worksheet, without having to do them individually. Anyone any ideas? see this site http://www.contextures.com/xlcomments03.html#Reset >-----Original Message----- >I want to be able to change font and size of text within comments in a whole >worksheet, without having to do them individually. Anyone any ideas? >. > ...

"how can i format all the comments in a worksheet together?"
Maybe you can borrow some code from Debra Dalgleish: http://www.contextures.com/xlcomments03.html She has lots of samples. Maybe you'll find something that helps you. Ammu wrote: -- Dave Peterson ...

Outlook 2003 HTML reverts to Times New Roman
This was probably asked and answered but haven't found anything exactly like my problem so here goes. Mail format set to HTML do not use Word as editior Message composed using Arial 12 point. Select Message convert to plain text Select Message convert to HTML and defaults to TNR Have checked every setting in Word and Outlook and modified every possible setting to use any font other than TNR. Is this fixable? -- MichaelIRS http://forums.slipstick.com ...

How to print only selected columns from a worksheet
Is there a best way to set up a Worksheet so that it will only print selected columns? For example, I am using a spreadsheet to allow multiple users to enter data. However, they only need to print six of the 52 columns in which they are entering data. The columns are NOT adjacent to one another. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Hi Mike, One way is to hide the other columns before you print. You could also record a macro to do this for you and maybe a second macro to unhide after you print. HTH Martin "Mike C" <js2k111@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:673cade2-be...

Keep 'Final Showing Markup' in a document copy.