Page Number Fuction

Is there a function that will show the current page number in a cell?  I am
looking for a fuction similar to the ROW() or the COLUMN() fuction but with
the page number.  Depending on my settings in "page setup", this number
should change according to the current page number that it is displayed on.

I know there must be a way to do this because you can do it in the footer.

Thanks

Chris

0
ChrisA (15)

Chris

http://www.dicks-blog.com/archives/2004/12/22/page-of-pages-in-a-cell/

Gord Dibben Excel MVP

On Thu, 17 Feb 2005 08:15:03 -0800, ChrisA <ChrisA@discussions.microsoft.com>
wrote:

>Is there a function that will show the current page number in a cell?  I am
>looking for a fuction similar to the ROW() or the COLUMN() fuction but with
>the page number.  Depending on my settings in "page setup", this number
>should change according to the current page number that it is displayed on.
>
>I know there must be a way to do this because you can do it in the footer.
>
>Thanks
>
>Chris

0
Gord

number stored as text 02-25-10
Hi, Using VBA How can I check if number stored as text in cell. I have a long list, converting whole list is time consuming, I want to identify trouble cells and change. Atif Select the column with the cells in question and then just execute these two lines from the Immediate Window (you can bundle them into a macro if you really want to though)... Selection.NumberFormat = "General" Selection.Value = Selection.Value NOTE: The above code assumes your values are constants and that there are NO formulas within the selection. -- Rick (MVP - Excel) "...

Starting up Outlook 2003 in Calendar Page.
I have a simple question: How do I get my Outlook 2003 to start up on the Calendar page instead of the Mail page? Thank you. Hi appreciative one It's a simple but well hidden setting: Tools | Options | Otehr tab | Advanced Options | startup in this folder... browse to the Calendar. Regards Judy Gleeson MVP Outlook Trainer and Consultant read my articles here: www.judygleeson.com Canberra, Australia how to post questions: http://support.microsoft.com/?id=555375 "Appreciative!" <Appreciative@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7AD43BEB-4A36-47B...

Auto Numbering
I want to be able to increase my ID field for each new record I enter, but I don't want to use an autonumber field in my table. I have used the following: ID = Nz(DMax("[id]", "tblNames")) + 1 and put it in the On Current property of the form. The problem is that when the last field is completed and the user presses Enter, the new record automatically puts in the new ID number. What I want to do is for the form to put in the next ID number but only when the 2nd field has data entered in it. Thanks Nigel, Place your code into the AfterUpdate event of the second ...

Increment a number based on four adjoing cells
I am using an xlsx spreadsheet for indexing metadata for file folders. Based on the metadata selected from dropdowns in columns H, I & J, the spreadsheet builds a file number in the format AA-AA-NN-nnnnn (A=alpha; N=predetermined number; nnnnn= sequential number). I'm using the following formulas: Col B =VLOOKUP(H577,FUNCTIONLU,2) Col C =VLOOKUP(I577,CATEGORYLU,2) Col D =VLOOKUP(J577,TYPELU,2) Col E =IF(D576="","",IF(COUNTIF($D$2:$D576,$D576)=1,TEXT(0,"00001")+0,IF(COUNTIF($D$2:$D576,D576)>1,INDEX($E$2:$E576,MATCH($D576,$D$2:$...

format axis number
Hello, hoping for a bit of help with XY charts in XL2007. In the example I have here now the data is coming from a Pivot Table (but it's not a Pivot Chart), however I also have the same problem with other XY charts which I think are straight off plain text data. And Pivot Charts. I cannot get the default number format for the x axis to change to my selection. I find and choose the option FORMAT AXIS, NUMBER, CUSTOM, I put in a new custom format (in this case dd mmm) and click ADD, with no change. I have toggled the LINK TO SOURCE and formatted the source data the same, with no luc...

SmartList Builder default number of rows returned
I would like to set the default number of rows returned to a value of my choice when building a new SmartList. Currently it defaults to 1,000. The only way to change it is to create a favorite out of it. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.mic...

How to get invoice number to appear in the CN (SOP Blank Return Form)
Could you please advice me on how can I retrieve invoice number to be appeared in the credit note / SOP Blank return form, and it will show blank if there is no invoice associate to this Sales return. Many thank in advance. Are you referring to Sales Return in SOP? I believe there is no way to achieve this without a customization. The orders, back orders, fulfillment orders, invoices etc. are tied with each other thru the master number and the originating number. Return does not have an originating document number. We have had customers use the Customer PO number field on the return to c...

Page Break after each report item
I am creating a report with Access 2003. It is to list and describe, etc. products available in electronic (html) format. Some product descriptions are short and some are long. I want each product to be on its own page and only one product per page. Currently when I run the report products with long descriptions continue on to a second page. Those items with short descriptions have part of the following product begin on their page. Is there a way I can accomplish one product per page no matter how long or short the report for that product is? Thank you In the properties of the detail...

IE 7 The web page you are viewing is trying to close yes or no
windows xp sp3 with IE 7 Getting a blank page with the following vb popup The web page you are viewing is trying to close how can i disable this from comming up. What webpage(s) are you viewing when this happens? Is this a sudden, new problem? Is Automatic Updates enabled and is the computer fully patched at Windows Update? What anti-virus application or security suite is installed and is your subscription current? What anti-spyware applications (other than Defender)? What third-party firewall (if any)? Has a(another) Norton or McAfee application ever been installed on...

How do you enter a negative time number in Excel?
I am trying to create a spreadsheet to track employee time records, and I need a way to enter "negative" time numbers. In order to correct data entry errors, I need the ability to enter "-8:30", for example, and include that figure when totaling the column. Then you'll have to switch the workbook to the 1904 date system (Tools/Options/Calculation). Be forewarned that if you already have dates on the worksheet, they will change by 1462 days (4 years + 1 day). If that's a problem, post back and we'll tell you how to fix it. On Thu, 17 Mar 2005 14:25:06 -0...

Excel 2007 won't display numbers on the vertical axis of column ch
I've been struggling for a while with this one and can't seem to find a solution. I want to plot some series in a column chart, with values ranging from 3E-18 to 8E-18. However, after plotting the chart, the vertical axis does not display the numbers; only 0 at the bottom with empty space up the rest of the left hand side. Is it because the numbers are so small? Nothing I change in format axis seems to alleviate this problem and I have plotted the same graph in Excel 2003 previously without a problem. Does anyone know what I'm doing wrong? Thanks in advance Hi, Looks ...

high disk queue and pages/sec activity on mailbox servers
we have 3 Exchange 2003 mailbox servers that house our mailboxes. Exch1 and Exch2 house the majority of our mailboxes. On these two servers, I am seeing a high instance continually of DiskQueue and Pages/sec values while not so on Exch3. As an added note, we also have BES enterprise and Enterprise Vault in our environment. I only mention those because they interface with the mailboxes but my gut tells me that the problem is more related to the number of mailboxes on Exch1 and Exch2....Anyway, I'm new to troubleshooting Exchange so I'm looking for experienced directio...

Setting A Number Equal to Another Number #2
Thanks for the help -- slag01 ----------------------------------------------------------------------- slag018's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1543 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=27034 ...

How do I increase the number of additions etc.from 30
It appears that I cannot add up more than 30 cells at a time. Is this true and/or is there a way round it? Definitely FALSE. How are you trying to add? If your formula is something like =a1+a2+a3.. you may have hit the ?255 character maximum for a formula. If the cells you want to add are in a contiguous block(s) it would be better to use something like =sum(a1:z999). Regards. Bill Ridgeway Computer Solutions "leonperrins" <leonperrins@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:44C1371C-30E3-4C3B-B898-7EBC257E2D22@microsoft.com... > It appears that I canno...

how do I add a list of numbers to get a total
If your numbers are in cells A1 through A10, try: =SUM(A1:A10) If you have something more complex in mind, please post an example. tj "bibs" wrote: > Hi! If your list is in the range A1:A25: =SUM(A1:A25) Biff ...

Grouping on Partial numbers
I have a field containing a variable-length string from 8 -17 characters. My difficulty is that when I sort them, I would like to group them based on on the section of digits just before the last. The last digit may represent a change to the original. For example, the first three entries would be grouped together: 123 (=original number) 123 1 (a modification to the original 123) 123 2 (a second modification to the original 123) These would also be grouped together but are of a different format. P123555 P123555 1 P123555 2 Any ideas how to achieve this grouping would be appreciated. ...

HOWTO add pages into CTabCtrl!
Hello! Completely lost here. How can I add items to a tab control? I know all I have to do. I create a dialog, Child, and with no borders. I create three pages during startup, and how can I add these three dialogs into the CTabCtrl? -- - Lars ...

HOem page stuck at about:blank
Win XP Home SP3 IE8 Just updated from IE6 to IE8. When I lauch IE8 I get home paeg of about:blank. When I go to internet options and set homepage to www.yahoo.com and apply; the home page comes up as about:blank. Same from the tool bar to replace home page. Any ideas on why the replacement home page did not take? THX -- ***************** John Lenz JohnLenz@comcast.net Hi John, Do you have Spybot S&D installed. It has an option to block changes to the homepage. Do you have any of the Yahoo toolbars' anti-spyware features turned on? Whatever, updat...

Why are these numbers not the same?
When I run an X or Z report, the Sales Totals on the top section do not equal the the totals on the bottom by Department or Hour. Why are these numbers not the same? Which value are you comparing? "Total" includes things like taxes and opening totals that will not be reflected in the department and hourly sales. The line labeled "Sales" should match. If you have items that are not assigned to a department, they may not be included in the department sales total - I can't remember if it includes a 'null' or blank department or not. I can't think...

Sort by document number on AP check stub/remittance
In the Select Checks window, we have the "Sort Documents by" field so that we can sort the documents by document number. How can we sort by document number if we now use the new Edit Check Batch window? ...

print page properties

All Pages Don't Print
I have an excel doc that has 4 pages. When I print the doc, the only page that prints is the page that is currently open. I have to click each tab at the bottom of the page to print each page. Is there a way to set the doc so when I click print, all pages print? Hi Group the sheets before you hit print (right click on one of the tabs and click 'Select all sheets' Don't forget to ungroup them afterwards, though. Andy "pclark" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2b61401c39310$dfb66be0$a601280a@phx.gbl... > I have an excel doc that ...

How do I print 2 worksheets on the same page side-by side
I'm trying to create a template where i'm have two worksheets side-by-side I need to print them on the same page. The problem I am have is after I hide the rows on one side it also hides the other side. Do you really mean two worksheets or do you mean two ranges on a single worksheet? If you meant two ranges on a single worksheet, then when you hide a row, you hide that entire row. If you meant two worksheets... You can make a third worksheet and copy and paste a linked picture: Create a new sheet Select the range on sheet1 Edit|copy Go to A1 of the new sheet Shift-Edit|Paste pi...

Running a query/macro with a Data Access Page
Is there a simple way to run a macro/query from a Data Access Page. I am not a programmer, so the simplest method would be preferred. Thanks, -- Drew I'd reccomend becoming a programmer or else your job goes to India "Drew" <imageek@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:D4563519-B544-4D9D-BFBB-010FE90844BE@microsoft.com... > Is there a simple way to run a macro/query from a Data Access Page. I am not > a programmer, so the simplest method would be preferred. > > Thanks, > -- > Drew Aaron, Must be sad being you. -- Jerry Whittle, Microsoft Acce...

how do I insert an ' in front of many rows of numbers?
I have a column of numbers 1,800 rows long that needs an ' in front of every row. How do I do this? Hold down [Alt]+F11 From the menu "Insert", "Module" Copy and paste this code into the module Hold down [Alt]+F11 to go back to your workbook Select the cells to which you want to add an apostrophe Hold down [Alt]+F8 Double Click "AddApostropheToRange" This should do it. Hope this helps Pete Sub AddApostropheToRange() Dim CellToModify As Object For Each CellToModify In Selection CellToModify.Formula = "'" & CellToModify.Fo...