outputting values to a range from one formula

I wish to generate a table automatically by means of a single
formula that applies an iteration on a starting given value with
a given step, and the computed values are posted/entered
automtically into cells from a given cell onwards, say below
it, until the computed value reaches a certain given limt.
This is somehow the inverse of INDIRECT or of OFFSET. These
can pull values from a variable addresses of cells. What I need
is to push values into a variable addresses of cells.

Can anyone help me on that??

Thanks.  :confused

--
Shafe
Shafee's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1489

Hi!

A bit more detail would be helpful.
First the distinction between "pull" and "push" is effectively th
difference between using a function in a cell to pull in a value an
using VBA to push a value into the cell.

More to the point, however, can you indicate the sort of sequence yo
want to generate; is it linear ; where and how it gets its "seed" an
end value.
e.g. if you wanted (trivial case) to start in A1 and put 21,23,25,2
etc in col A, then A1 = 21; A2=A1 + 2 and copy A2 down does it.
condition to limit the values to less than a given value (MAX) woul
maybe look like =if(A1+2>MAX,"",A1+2)

But I think you might have something more complex in mind? If so (an
bearing in mind you would have to have the above formulae in "more tha
enough" cells) VBA would be my choice.

What you describe is pretty much what Edit>Fill>Series does, if all yo
want to do is a "one-off".

Al

--
Alf
AlfD's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=478

Multiple table query displays only one record
I have a table the has information about grant applications. I have another table that has the names and addresses of the schools related to the applications. When I do a querry it either shows only one record or all of the information form one or the other depending on whetner I click 2 or 3 in the properties window. How do I get it to show all of the records from all of the columns that I have chosen from both tables? Elaine_Moore wrote: >I have a table the has information about grant applications. I have another >table that has the names and addresses of the schools related...

Lookup value that falls between two values in a range and then som
I have an array with 4 columns: A B C D 1 435 578 ID1 2 12 113 ID2 3 1478 1879 ID3 etc etc etc etc The value I want to lookup has two components that correspond to column A and a number that falls between columns B and C (or not): E F 1 78 2 86 2 1500 3 1600 etc etc So I'd like to ask is the value in column E = to the value in column A AND does the value in column F fall between the values in columns B and C? If yes, return column D. In this examp...

powerpoint text comes up all at once, i need it one line at a time
As i present i want the text lines to come up one at a time, but they are coming up as a complete slide, how do i solve this please? On 3/9/10 8:33 AM, EvoR wrote: > As i present i want the text lines to come up one at a time, but they are > coming up as a complete slide, how do i solve this please? Right click on the text box with your bullet points and go to Custom Animation and Add Entrance Effect. If you need more specifics than that, let us know what version of PowerPoint you are using. --David -- David M. Marcovitz Author of _Powerful PowerPoint for Educators_ ...

Any way to find a window(Control) is hidden/Overlapped by other one?
I'm working with MFC Application which contains combo boxes and static text controls. ToolTip is given to static text to expose full text due to space constraints. Below the ComboBox i have static text which pop-ups ToolTip when mouse hovered on it. When i get my ComboBox's drop-down window, it's overlapping on the static text control. If you move your mouse from one item to other item in the ComboBox then i'm getting static text's ToolTip blocking the ComboBox item names. Is there any way to find out that one window(Static text)is overlapped by other(ComboBox) to fix thi...

seperating dates & values
2 questions, If in Cell A1 I have a date in the formay DD/MM/YY, how do I seperate this so in B1 it shows DD, C1 shows MM & D1 shows YY. additioanly, I have a value �1234.56 in cell A1, how to I get the pounds to show in B1 & the pence in C1? many thanks -- rocket0612 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ rocket0612's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=19492 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=393789 "rocket0612" wrote: > If in Cell A1 I have a date in the...

Delete cell value but keep formula in cell.
After the formula in a cell has calculated a value I would like to reset the cell for the next use by deleting the value but keeping the formula in the cell. Is this possible in Excel 2007? You need to explain that a bit. -- Don Guillett Microsoft MVP Excel SalesAid Software dguillett1@austin.rr.com "Lofred" <Lofred@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D3DE79C2-C41E-46C7-8F6C-EAD9960EC528@microsoft.com... > After the formula in a cell has calculated a value I would like to reset > the > cell for the next use by deleting the value but...

MSR Output Format
We are using a keyboard MSR and for the most part it works fine with Point of Sale. However there seems to be an output formatting issue with debit cards. We process Debit as credit. When swiping a Credit card everything works as expected. When swiping a some debit cards POS gives an error message that the expiration date is not valid. I can adjust the output settings for the MSR but I just need to know what to set them as to make it work. Thanks for the help. ...

positive value and importing data
hi, i am very new in excel, and i have a questions i am working with very simple functions, and now i want to add function that only shows positive values after calculating. i.e. 5-2=3 but 0-2=0 i hope someone can help me with that problem :) greetz f -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com One way: A1: 5 A2: 2 A3: =MAX(A2-A1, 0) In article <flashing.frank.1bp5qi@excelforum-nospam.com>, flashing frank <<flashing.frank.1bp5qi@excelforum-nospam.com>> wrote: > hi, > i am very new in excel, and i have a questions > > i am working with...

Retreving Parent Values for a given Attribute value
Dear All I have an xmldocument which is as formed below. It is a bit of loopy in nature. can anyone kindly let me know how can i write a xslt which would take a parameter which is an attribute value and would like to have details out of the xml file. I will the paste the xmldocument for your reference.The values required as output are based on reverse pattern.The functionality requires this pattern.The values required are as follows: Required Output:Which happen to be as given below cars/make =3D "alfa romeo" cars/make/shortmodels/shortmod=ADel =3D "147" cars/make/s...

Trouble with simple percentage formula
Just learning Excel 2003. I have the discounted amounts and need to find the dollar amount of the discount to get back to the original price. When I use the help example of =A1/B1 (A1 is 15 B1 is 0.75) I get the correct answer. Yet when I do the same formula with my numbers I get wrong calculations. For example I used A1 20. discount in B1 0.25 and it gave me 100. and every other entry I tried was calculated wrong. So simple yet I do not understand it. -- moushia Hi: If 25 is the discount then: =A1/(1-A2) The original formula was was doing 15/0.75 ie 75% if you want to get the ...

How to display function as value?
When I use a function such as Average, the result is displayed in the cell as "=AVERAGE(E3:E8)". How can I get the cell to display the value instead of the function. (In "Tools\Options\View", Formulas is not checked.) Excel 2003, SP3 Thanks, Don Culp Format the cell as general (or anything but text) In xl2003 menus: format|cells|number tab Then hit F2 and enter (to "update" the cell's formula). Don Culp wrote: > > When I use a function such as Average, the result is displayed in the cell > as "=AVERAGE(E3:E8)". How can I get the ce...

Need Help for Parent Child Table Join Output
Hi frnds I want to know whether following thing is possible through query Parent Table ---------------- Pid | PField1 | PField2 | PField3 | PField4 1 A Aa Aaa Aaaa 2 B Bb Bbb Bbbb Child Table ---------------- CPid | CField1 | CField2 | CField3 1 X Xx Xxx 1 X1 X1x X1xx 1 X2 X2x X2xx 2 Y Yy Yyy 2 Y1 Y1y Y1yy 2 Y2 Y2y Y2yy when we create a join between thi...

help on a formula please
Im trying to write a formula that checks to see if a certain cell containing text, matches a range of cells that contain text. So in column Z1:z10 i have the following: "ES", "GE", "ZB", ... In my formula i want to see if the text in cell A20 matches anything in the range z1:z10. If it does, then i do a vlookup of that range to show the corresponding value of the 2nd column in the lookup. However, if A20 is NOT in that range then i just want it to give a value of 1. I tried IF statements and SUM IF statements and cant get it to work. The IF statements only see...

output to cmd with | symbol
Hi. I am trying to call a cmd with some parameters. Unfortunately one of them is the | symbol. Here is the call i make: cmd="cmd /c" & chr(34) & "Echo WEBTST" & vbtab & "Check Backup status" & vbtab & status & vbtab & "Backup completed ok" & chr(124) & "files=" & files & ", folders=" & folders &", bytes=" & bytes & chr(34) & "|c:\repbcklog\send_nsca.exe -H nagios2 -c C:\repbcklog \send_nsca.cfg" wscript.echo cmd The call is trying ...

How to read a blank cell as zero for formulas?
I have an empty cell because of "" in the formula but in a new formula referencing that cell I want it to be read as zero? Help Lots of excel's functions will treat that as a zero (like =sum()). But some will blow up real good: =a1+a2 Maybe: =n(a1)+n(a2) would be ok for you. mrssm5 wrote: > > I have an empty cell because of "" in the formula but in a new formula > referencing that cell I want it to be read as zero? Help -- Dave Peterson Range based functions (SUM, AVERAGE, etc) will ignore "", but if you want it treated as zero (inste...

Square cell values, repost to same cell
Column A in excel is populated by the following Column A _________ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 I know that I can put in column B a value of 2-->copy-->highlight column A-->paste special--> then multiply column A values by 2. But how do I square the values in A and repost to that column, such that the end result is Column A _________ 1 4 9 16 25 etc... One way: Copy the cells in column A. Choose Edit/Paste Special, selecting the Values and Multiply radio buttons. Click OK. In article <1190214961.243378.258830@g4g2000hsf.googlegroups.com>, JeffreyT.Talbot@gmail.com wrote: > Co...

Run-time error '380' Invalid property value.
I am using an Excel 2003 VBA UserForm to enter data onto a worksheet. On the UserForm I have a Navigation bar to navigate through the records held on the worksheet to view them on the form; i.e. First, Next, Previous and Last. The navigation bar successfully locates each record and the code I use to gather the data from the worksheet to display on the UserForm also works successfully, see below ‘Sub FillInData()’ The Navigation bar also has a button to enable me to save a new record onto the Worksheet and then sort the records into the required sequence. As soon as a n...

PDF converter outputs weird font when opened through web browser
I used the PDF converter option in Publisher 2007 to create a pdf. It looked fine. However, when I put it on my website, it opened with a bizarre font that looked terrible. I can't figure out what the heck is going on, the font is embedded in the doc, and when I open it from my computer it looks fine. The only problem is opening it through a web browser. Later, a friend converted it for me using Acrobat Pro and the problem went away. Sounds like the converter but is the problem with Adobe or MS and is there a patch? The details: Font: Arial, embedded Save option: High quality print...

Macro to delete certain value
I have the following data in an xls: 1 2 3 4 5 0 0 0 0 0 I need to create a macro to delete all the rows that contain 0. However, the start position of 0 can vary (i.e. in one instance it could start at A5, but the next instance might start at A10). Can anyone help? Thanks, Paul Hi try the following macro Sub delete_rows() Dim RowNdx As Long Dim LastRow As Long Application.ScreenUpdating = False LastRow = ActiveSheet.Cells(Rows.Count, "A").End(xlUp).row For RowNdx = LastRow To 1 Step -1 with Cells(RowNdx, "A") if .value = 0 then R...

separate values from 1 cell to many rows
I have a list of email address that are separated by the > symbol. I want to separte each address to its own row Do you have MSWord? If yes, copy that list into a new document in MSWord. While in MSWord Hit ctrl-a to select all the text hit ctrl-h (edit|Replace in Word2003 menus) Find what: > (the greater than symbol) Select the replace with box Hit More choose Special Choose Paragraph mark Then replace all. Now select that list and copy|paste into excel. (or edit|paste special|text in excel if you don't want the formatting.) bj 3233 wrote: > ...

Error in output from transformation when output exceeds 16040 byte
I have written an XSLT transformation on an ASP.NET page. The resulting HTML is primarily a table of links. I have found that when the resulting HTML is less than or equal to 16040 bytes, the output display is normal, but when the resulting HTML exceeds 16040 bytes, the output does not display correctly. When I look at View Source, I see that the final </html> tag gets moved to another spot in the output, byte by byte as I increase the size, that is, at 16041 bytes, the final > gets moved, at 16042 bytes the final l> get moved, etc. And as the output size increases, more...

I do not know how to explain this one.
My users are receiving e-mails such as the following: """""""""""""" From: Automatic Email Delivery Software Dear user corporate@mydomain.org, We have detected that your account was used to send a large amount of spam messages during the recent week. Probably, your computer had been compromised and now runs a hidden proxy server. Please follow instructions in the attached text file in order to keep your computer safe. Best wishes, mydomain.org user support team """""""""&qu...

dynamic value display in a chart
i have a line chart that is being updated every day. I am trying to find a way to display the last day's value and this one only without having to manually select the data point every day. Any idea? Thx In article <04d801c399a3$44597c20$a101280a@phx.gbl>, anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com says... > i have a line chart that is being updated every day. I am > trying to find a way to display the last day's value and > this one only without having to manually select the data > point every day. Any idea? > Thx > On the Excel | Tutorials | 'Dynamic Char...

How do I count several non-numerical values in Excel?
I am trying to create a formula to add the number of \ and L in a row. It seems simple but COUNT does not seem to want to do it. Help please!!! =COUNTIF(A4:F4,"\")+COUNTIF(A4:F4,"L") Change the ranges to suit your situation........... Vaya con Dios, Chuck, CABGx3 "Yuccaman" <Yuccaman@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3D6983C4-05FC-4C3B-8C6D-46CC98D75215@microsoft.com... > I am trying to create a formula to add the number of \ and L in a row. It > seems simple but COUNT does not seem to want to do it. Help please!!! ...

Lookup formulas: Must manuly type in look up value over downloaded value
I work with alphannumeric codes that I often need to lookup up with v and H lookups. However, many times I will get an error. When I do get an error it is corrected when I re-type the same code manualy in the cell being looked up. I also get this error with numeric codes but usuly the "Value" function nested with the lookup function makes everything work. Is there a way to acomplish the same thing but with text codes. -- Charleswdowd ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Charleswdowd's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=get...