Outlook 97 Mail Format

I know this sounds archaic, but I upgraded from Outlook Express to Outlook 97
on my computer.  I now am faced with the problem that incoming mail, when
opened, is presented in plain text along with the attached '*.html' file.  In
order to receive the HTML view, I must then double click the HTML attachment.
 Or as an alternate method, I can right-click the unopened mail in the Inbox
and select View Attachments.  I find it very odd that this was not necessary
in Outlook Express and now that I've "upgraded," I must perform this extra
step.  I've searched the options and Help over and over, asked around,
checked Microsoft's Knowledge Base, but cannot find any answers.  By the way,
I added the three pane patch, ol3pane.exe, and the Preview Pane simply shows
the plain text, along with the attached '*.html' file.  Can anybody help?

This is an Excel forum.  You might try posting to the Outlook forum.
--
Sincerely, Michael Colvin

"Richard Cook" wrote:

> I know this sounds archaic, but I upgraded from Outlook Express to Outlook 97
> on my computer.  I now am faced with the problem that incoming mail, when
> opened, is presented in plain text along with the attached '*.html' file.  In
> order to receive the HTML view, I must then double click the HTML attachment.
>  Or as an alternate method, I can right-click the unopened mail in the Inbox
> and select View Attachments.  I find it very odd that this was not necessary
> in Outlook Express and now that I've "upgraded," I must perform this extra
> step.  I've searched the options and Help over and over, asked around,
> checked Microsoft's Knowledge Base, but cannot find any answers.  By the way,
> I added the three pane patch, ol3pane.exe, and the Preview Pane simply shows
> the plain text, along with the attached '*.html' file.  Can anybody help?
0
Michael5492 (655)
8/16/2005 2:43:02 PM
That's the way outlook 97 works, to get proper display of html email, you
need outlook 2000 or above

Outlook with Outlook Express ?

Outlook Contacts 05-25-07

Outlook freezes up

excel format errors
whenever I put an integer value in a new worksheet, it takes my value and divides it by 10,000. For example, if I enter 34, it returns .00034. If I enter 34.0, it returns 34. All cells are formatted as General, with no indication of any special formatting applied to them. This has happened not only on my machine but also on several other machines around here. Tools > Options > Edit tab and uncheck the "Fixed Decimals" box. HTH Jason Atlanta, GA >-----Original Message----- >whenever I put an integer value in a new worksheet, it >takes my value and divides...

Outlook & Entourage

cannot send excel worksheet (sheet only) to mail recipient
When in Excel, I CAN send an excel spreadsheet as an attachment (file, send to, mail receipient as attachment). I can NOT send only a single sheet out of the worksheet to an email receipient (file, send to, mail recipient, send the current sheet as the message body). Error received says "Excel could not start the email program. Check your network connection. Make sure outlook is installed correctly, your email program is set up correctly, and you can connect to your email server." I am using MS Excel 2002 and MS Office 2003 in a Windows XP operating system. Hi Nancy See ...

Opening Outlook

gridlines in outlook?

Exchange 5.5- need to increase maximum size for received mail
I need to change either the default maximum received email size for all mailboxes or for one user, but would like to know how to do both. Someone is trying to send a large email and it keeps getting bounced. To increase the limit the user can receive open the users mailbox in Exchange Admin, click the Limits tab and increase the Incoming limit. Please note that by default it is set to "No Limit". I am not sure how to change it for everyone. "Jeremy" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1f79d01c457cb$487a2ac0$a401280a@phx.gbl... > I nee...

attachment formats
Occassionaly I receive emails that contain file attachments and the file name of the attachment appears in the body of the message in the format of <<filename.doc>>. The attachment also appears at the bottom of the message as an icon. How is the format of enclosing the filename within these tags accomplished? thanks, Rick ...

Receiveng garbage instead of mail text or attachments in OL2003
I have Outlook 2003 on a Win2K Pro box. A friend has Outlook 2003 in a Windows Vista Business box. I ONLY send mail in text form (Ido not use HTML or Outllok Rich text format). He gets my mails in raw form (Spanish Outlook both): ********************** -----Mensaje original----- De: xxxxxx [mailto:xxx@xxxxx] Enviado el: martes, 10 de febrero de 2009 12:03 p.m. Asunto: Desacople del Generador Return-Path: <xxxxxx@xxxxxx> Delivered-To: wwwwwwwww@xxxxxx Received: (qmail 44010 invoked by uid 88); 10 Feb 2009 14:24:44 -0000 Received: from unknown (HELO XXXXXX) (xx.xx.xx.xx) by XXXXXXXXX wit...

Format date question
Hi everyone, I have a textfield that I want to change (with a query) to "yymm". Format([Datefield];"yyyymm") is working, but not Format([Datefield];"yymm") Which really puzzles me.. It doesn't matter if the the new field is "date" or "text" as long as it displays yy (2 digits) and mm (2 digits). Any ideas? Kindly Mikael Sweden What version of Access? I just tested with 2003 (US) and it returned 0801 for the current date A workaround might be to use Right(Format([Datefield];"yyyymm");4) AHHH! A **TEXT** field. In th...

can't create rules in outlook

Forward copy of outgoing e-mails to managers
I have a client that is running Exchange 2003. It is a brokerage firm and is bound by strict rules from the SEC and NASD. One of the requirements is that all incoming and outgoing e-mail is recorded and stored. We have this taken care of using journaling and ComplianceVault. Another requirement is that all managers receive a copy of all of the users e-mail. We are using forwarding to accomplish this for incoming e-mail but can't figure out how to also send the managers a copy of their outgoing. Is there anything that I am missing or can I do this? Aztech wrote: > I have a client...

select name box freezes Outlook

outlook 2002

outlook and links in emails

Outlook XP and attachments