Out of Memory Error, Error Handling!

Hi,

Note1: I currently have a macro that accesses thousands of
rows of data in a particular worksheet of the same
workbook & generates a summary. Hence, i want to check if
there is sufficient memory space (that the m/c would not
hang) and then continue to the next line of code. I am
checking for "err.number <> 0" at specific points to
determine if it is ok to continue and also
using "application.cutcopymode = false" where ever
applicable. Have i missed out on anything? Is there a
specific error number for "out of memory" or something ?
Further, i am not sure whether the control would still be
in execution when an "out of memory" or some other runtime
error occurs.
Note2: Most m/c here are with 128 MB RAM. Virtual Memory &
File System are both 32-bit with no customization. System
Resources and CPU utilization is what varies (and which i
think i shud check so that the m/c does not hang due to
the macro!)

With the above note in mind, i would be grateful for any
help on error handling. Would also appreciate if you could
specifically help on "How to check from the VBA code if my
system has enough memory to continue execution" as this is
the main concern i have right now.

Thank You in advance for your help and patience.

Regards,
Giri
0
anonymous (74721)

not enough memory on excel 2008
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel <i>run excel 2008 on mac snow leopard 2 g memory i upgrade to 3 g and same</i>&#32; message not enough memory can some one help me only word working Run Remove Office then re-install Office On 30/03/10 7:08 AM, in article 59bb629f.-1@webcrossing.JaKIaxP2ac0, "Snow_leopard@officeformac.com" <Snow_leopard@officeformac.com> wrote: > Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel > run excel 2008 on mac snow leopard 2 g memory i upgrade t...

Domain certificate error
Hello, I have installed a entreprise CA on my new domain. I see that all my DC recieved a Domain Controler certificate except one. If I check the log I can see two event : First : Eventid 6 : Automatic certificate enrollment for local system failed (0x800706ba) The RPC server is unavailable. Second : EventID 13 : Certificate enrollment for Local system failed to enroll for a DomainController certificate with request ID N/A from DCSHDCT02.mydomaint.local\mydomain-DCSHDCT02-CA (The RPC server is unavailable. 0x800706ba (WIN32: 1722)). The message seems to be clear, bu...

Access 2007 leap year error
I have Office 2007 Sp 1 installed. When I attempt to create a report based on a query which has the following code: Between [Forms]![frmMonthlySelector]![StartDate] And [Forms]![frmMonthlySelector]![EndDate] where [StartDate] and [EndDate] are fields in the form frmMonthlySelector; For dates between 1/1/08 and 1/31/08 I get a full report including items that have a date of 1/31/08. However, when I enter dates between 2/1/08 and 2/29/08 the report shows dates only from 2/1/08 and 2/28/08 and leaves off 2/29/08. As a test I entered static values, ie: Between #2/1/08# And #2/29/08#j The r...

CRM 3.0
I have installes CRM 3.0 without any errors. I have a SQL 2005 RTM machine, 1 CRM Server. Now, when I try to add users with the deployment manager, he says, that I have no permissions?! In the web ui I can add additional user, but the users get always errors in the detail pane > an error has occured?! What is wrong? I used the domain admin to install crm 3.0! Specific questions related to CRM v3 should be addressed to the Early Access newsgroup. For connection details see: https://microsoft.order-7.com/CRMPartnerBeta/resources/newsgroups.doc -- Matt Parks MVP - Microsoft CRM ...

Memory usage in XP (memory leak detection)
Hi How can I found out the memory usage on XP ? My XP box uses over a week all memory and then has no resources available. It has 4GB memory (3.5 GB free) I used typeperf with the following: \Memory\Available Bytes \Memory\Committed Bytes \Memory\Pool Paged Bytes \Memory\Pool Nonpaged Bytes \Memory\Cache Bytes \Memory\Cache Bytes Peak \Process(_total)\Virtual Bytes Peak \Process(_total)\Virtual Bytes \Process(_total)\Working Set Peak \Process(_total)\Working Set \Process(_total)\Page File Bytes Peak \Process(_total)\Page File Bytes \Process(_total)\Private Bytes \Proc...

Error while adding .NET assembly in Outlook 2002 COM Addins
Hi, From VS.NET, I am creating a assembly thru Otherprojects\Extensibility Projectcs\Shared Add-in (I am trying to creating a add-in for Outlook 2002) based on the msdn example "support.microsoft.com/default.aspx? kbid=302901". It is not showing any error. compailed & builed clearly. Then I try to convert this assembly as a strongly named one. so I created a Keyfile (sn -k abc.snk). Then add the file name in the "assemblyinfo.cs" assemblykeyfilename attribute. saved and compalied the file. it compailed and rebuild dll clearly. Then I register this assembly ...

Macro error message
can anyone help with this problem? I have two linked worksheets one called 19Dec and the other RW19Dec. RW19DEC has all calculations, while the 19Dec is the working user model containing the results of calculations and macros etc. Msg I am getting is "Microsoft Excel cannot find 'macroname'on 'RW19DEC'. There are two possible reasons - the name you specified may not be defined - the name you specified is defined as something other than a rectanglar cell reference check the name and try again." What does this mean? The macros in question do not appear in RW...

Is it a memory leak
AoA I have used standard template library in one of my applications. I belive that memory leaks are due to stl components, mainly string. i wrote a sample program in VC 6.0 that clearly shows memory leaks in stl wstring str = L""; for( int a = 0 ; a < 100000 ; a++ ) { str += L"int"; } str.str.erase( str.begin() , str.end() ); str = L"int"; i wrote this code against a button in dialog based application. Before clicking the button, the memory usage is 3MB and after this code it is 17MB although i believe it should have been bac...

Backup error: sysft_ftcat_documentationindex
I'm trying to run a full database backup from MS Sql Server 2005 on my MSCRM_CompanyName database and I'm getting an error: "The backup of the file or filegroup "sysft_ftcat_documentationindex" is not permitted because it is not online. BACKUP can be performed by using the FILEGROUP or FILE clauses to restrict the selection to include online data" The "FILEGROUP or FILE" backup does run if I exclude the sysft_ftcat_documentationindex", but I'm concerned that something important will be missed if I need to fall back to my backup. Can anyon...

smtp error #9
I have visitors coming from different company when they are sending mail through our network the following error is coming Task 'SMTP server name - Sending and Receiving' reported error (0x80042109): 'Outlook is unable to connect to your outgoing (SMTP) e-mail server. If you continue to receive this message, contact your server administrator or Internet service provider (ISP).' I have watchguard soho 6 firewall on which i have opened the required port for SMTP what else I should do to solve the problem On Sat, 17 Dec 2005 01:13:02 -0800, "Absar" <Absar@dis...

Error 0x308c60cb
Hi all, I get this error while I'm writing a mail with msoutlook 2000 sp3 in a w2k workstation, then my program closes... Any ideas? I'm searching in the net and no results. Thank you, Xavi ...

scandisk errors
If you uncheck the automatic fix scandisk errors, a prompt pops up and three options are allowed. The choices are ignore, move and repair and delete the file. If I chose the [move and repair] option, the program moves the file to the top of the host local drive C: . My question(s) are what is repaired and how do I restore the file to its proper folder location? Do I have to repair this file myself? When and why would I want to delete the file? The only errors that scandisk reports are MS-Dos name length errors that exceed 66 characters in length. Why does win98 name some MS-Dos files ...

Environment diagnosis show error where no error is
I installed CRM and reporting services on a machine A and reports databases and Exchange Module on a machine B. Everything seems to work for me. But when I launch the environment diagnosis tool on machine A from the start menu, it tells me that it can't find the SQL Agent - sure, because there is no database engine and no sql agent! Both are installed on machine B. So, this error is shown incorrectly. ...

Exchange memory utilization
Is there any documentation detailing the exchange 2003 memory utilization , especially in coordination with the max store size. thanks CR What do you want to know? Exchange will use all the memory it can in the box, up to 4GB, for caching, and this isn't a function of store size. It will release memory so that other processes can get what they need. -- Ed Crowley MVP - Exchange "Protecting the world from PSTs and brick backups!" "MSNews" <Craig@nowhere.org> wrote in message news:etwPVF%23RHHA.4832@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl... > Is there any documentati...

DST Exchange Tool : getting : 0X80004005 : Unable to find mailbox timezone error
Hi Running the tool for users on an Exchange 5.5 server, getting a lot of users with error : 0X80004005 : Unable to find mailbox timezone error... We know that these users have logged in outlook before, but don't use OWA in this org. Can anyone help... Have several thousand users to get trough... Thanks !!! -- If you know their time zone, just copy then to mailboxes_1.txt. Add server name and time zone. Use Excel fill down function, then save it as mailboxes_1.txt, run the batch file. On Sat, 24 Feb 2007 23:29:44 -0500, "Thinkpad21" <thinkpad21@yahoo.com> wrote:...

Reports Error CRM 1.2
Hi, i am facing a problem with how the reports on MS CRM 1.2... the issue is that half the chart is displayed (it is not resizing to match the full screen display) Thanks in advance Is this a custom report or a canned one? Are you having this problem when viewing the report online, or when printing the report? -- Matt Wittemann http://icu-mscrm.blogspot.com "Emile Seferian" wrote: > Hi, > > i am facing a problem with how the reports on MS CRM 1.2... the issue is > that half the chart is displayed (it is not resizing to match the full > screen display) > ...

error about create dialog
hi, all i download the mpc(media player classic) code, the process of compiling is ok, but when i run it(debug mode), i got an unhandled exception in this line: m_wndCaptureBar.Create(this);(mainfrm.cpp) i tracked it, hWnd = ::CreateDialogIndirect(hInst, lpDialogTemplate, pParentWnd->GetSafeHwnd(), AfxDlgProc); at this line throw the exception. i dont know what happened. someone can give me some tips? maybe my english is bad, i wish you can understand the meaning. Best Regards... Hi, One of the reasons this could happen is that the resources are not compiled into the proje...

Microsoft Error
I bought a powerbook g4 about 7 months ago along with MS office 2004. When I installed it the first time...I had a bit of trouble because of the test drive thing...then I uninstalled that. MS office went back to working perfectly. Then, literally all of a sudden, I would click a word document off the desktop or try to open MS word program and I get this error message. The error message says "Microsoft Error Reporting....MS Word has encountered a problem...blah blah blah..." So, silly me, I uninstalled it...figuring that maybe I should reinstall later. I did that and to no avail t...

Out of Memory
I am using Excel 2000. Operating system is MS 2000. Ram = 512. I am running a large Excel file 65,536 rows by 24 columns. The columns may expand somewhat; say 5 extra rows as the Macro runs. The Excel file links to another Excel file to do some vlookups. Some formatting is going on as well as Paste Special Value. I get an out of error message and Excel stops. If I only have 50,000 rows it works fine. I have increased the virtual memory to the maximum, same thing. Any suggestions???? Hi, There are only 65536 rows in a worksheet. You cannot use all the rows. Split your sheet into sevra...

Do you have a micromanager? know how to handle
Do you have a micromanager boss ? Do you know how to handle a micromanager boss ? A Micromanager also creates a barrier between himself and the employees and this also creates distrust in the work environment. Are you a micromanager yourself ? check for yourself.. http://todaysmanager.blogspot.com/2009/08/are-you-micromanager-check-it-out-for.html Good Day... ...

an error occurred while configuring a component
I have an SBS 2003 network where the clients have been complaining of slow network traffic while opening shared files/folders as well as RWW not working. When I look at the logs it shows that WSUS is not working and there is a Process (inetinfo.exe) error. I first tried to go in and run the CEICW followed by the "configure remote access" wizard and I cannot get the CEICW to go through. It stops at the network conifuration portion and tells me "an error occurred while configuring a component". I have researched this error and have followed microsofts reco...

Cyclic Redundancy error on pst
Hi all, I am trying to copy a .pst file from one laptop to another. During the process it hangs by saying Cyclic redundacny error and stops copying. Is there any way to transfer this pst You bet! i did that too........ the result was no bad sectors. >-----Original Message----- >you need to run a chkdsk/scandisk on the source disk. (the pst file is >sitting on a bad cluster and can't be copied until a repair is made.) > >"Mithesh" <mitheshsharma@yahoo.com> wrote in message >news:0ce401c36901$6445b6c0$a001280a@phx.gbl... >> Hi all, >> >...

Outlook/ word email Error
I have an IMAP account setup in my Outlook 2002, when i try to create a new email in word it wont send, I click the send button and nothing happens. There is an accounts menue and nothing pops up when i click, and then i get an error that says there was a fatal error in outlook. I tried using the other email option besides word and there is no send button on those at all. any help would be appreciated... you can email me at Auben2005@hotmail.com Thanks! When you use the Test Account Settings while setting up your account, do you get any error messages? What is the exact message if you do? ...

memory growing spreadsheet
Hi Again I have another query- For some reason when working on a spreadsheet it can start with say, 925kb in size,I do a couple of changes, then "Wolla" 10+mb It only happens every now and again, but I have tried copy then paste special, taken all macro's out, save as a different name,copy sheet into different book, but still can't bring it back down in size, "Hu" I even took my changes back out What is going on? John .. Hi John, What are you doing? Whatever it is, I think I'd want to do something else. But I haven't any hint what to avoid doing &...

why the error message error:illegal call of non-static member func
hello, I have written my own function to perform some operation.I call it from thread i have created in my program.But on compilation it gives the following error error:illegal call of non-static member function. why such an error comes?Does it have to do with calling the function from a thread?This is what i think?. When i declared the function as static it worked fine.... Can i know what was exactly going wrong and if i don't want it to be static what is the other solution? Please help sayu wrote: > hello, > I have written my own function to perform some op...