Out of Memory #4

I have an application that is used by over 8000 users worldwide.  There
are several that are reporting an "out of memory" problem using one of
the functions in the tool.  One user just received a brand new laptop
(T41) and is now encountering this error.  It was working on their old
laptop.  The function that they are trying to run when they get this
problem opens up another excel spreadsheet and then selects sheets from
the first spreadsheet and then copies it into the second spreadsheet.
It goes through a loop and does this for each sheet.  It is only
copying the values and formats.  Is there anything I should be looking
for in this code or any code that I definitely should have?  Like I
mentioned above, it is working for most people and it is very rare that
we come across this problem.  Thank you.

--
LAF
LAF's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=9656

How to add a user under CRM 4.0?
I am clearly missing something obvious. How do you add a user under CRM 4.0? I have just installed the 90-day trial version of the CRM 4.0 server on a system running Windows 2003 Server R2 and SQL server 2005. All seemed to go well. When I run the CRM Deployment Manager on the new server I do not see an option anywhere to add a user. Do you add the user directly to SQL? I hate to ask such a dumb question, but I've gone through the documentation in the Implementation Guide and searched the web. I'm clearly just thinking in the wrong context or something. Thanks, John in the CRM...

Exchange 2003 Public folders #4
I have setup a new exhcange 2003 server and moved over my user mailboxes from my old exchange 5.5 box. I have also added the new server the replication list for the public folders and system folder. When ever I try and open the properties of the public folder I get a message that states: An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host Facility: Win32 ID no: c0072746 Exchange System Manager check your IIS configuration i had same problem once; come to find out SP1 was integrated with the OS install and someone installed IIS from the original files causing IIS problems,...

Memory usage in XP (memory leak detection)
Hi How can I found out the memory usage on XP ? My XP box uses over a week all memory and then has no resources available. It has 4GB memory (3.5 GB free) I used typeperf with the following: \Memory\Available Bytes \Memory\Committed Bytes \Memory\Pool Paged Bytes \Memory\Pool Nonpaged Bytes \Memory\Cache Bytes \Memory\Cache Bytes Peak \Process(_total)\Virtual Bytes Peak \Process(_total)\Virtual Bytes \Process(_total)\Working Set Peak \Process(_total)\Working Set \Process(_total)\Page File Bytes Peak \Process(_total)\Page File Bytes \Process(_total)\Private Bytes \Proc...

not enough memory on excel 2008
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel <i>run excel 2008 on mac snow leopard 2 g memory i upgrade to 3 g and same</i>&#32; message not enough memory can some one help me only word working Run Remove Office then re-install Office On 30/03/10 7:08 AM, in article 59bb629f.-1@webcrossing.JaKIaxP2ac0, "Snow_leopard@officeformac.com" <Snow_leopard@officeformac.com> wrote: > Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel > run excel 2008 on mac snow leopard 2 g memory i upgrade t...

Phone Call Errors in CRM 4.0
Hi All, Got a couple of errors in a recent upgrade from CRM 3.0 to CRM 4.0. The upgrade went smoothly and all users are logging on fine. Problem one:- Users when accessing the phonecall entity and saving, the screen is coming up with CRM encountered an Error send report to microsoft (but still saving the record) - is this a db permissions issue? Problem two:- When creating a new appointment the resources and accounts fields are greyed out. Any help or pointers on this would be great. Thanks in Advance Hi, We had some very similar issues after doing our upgrade to CRM4, and ended u...

Toolbars #4
If you try to add an icon/command to any toolbar, in customize mode it seems to add the icon to the toolbar but when you close the dialog box the icon is not displayed on the toolbar. If you go back and edit/customize the toolbar again the icon that was added is diplayed in customize view but again dissapears when you close the customize dialog box. I've deleted the excel11.xlb file many times and reset all toolbars. Any thoughts? Rick On the main toolbar, click on view, and toolbars, and make sure the custom tool bar is checked >-----Original Message----- >If you try to ad...

Hi, i have one or two users who get the following error message when sending emails on behalf of a mail enabled public folder You do not have permission to send to this recipient. For assistance, contact your system administrator. If the user sends the emails from their own mailbox they go fine..they have the same access rights as my other 200 users who can all email fine from the piublic folders? any ideas why these 2 users are struggling? thanks in advance if this user is on your domain it can obviously be set that only spesicfic senders can sent to this user in AD. is this properl...

Is it a memory leak
AoA I have used standard template library in one of my applications. I belive that memory leaks are due to stl components, mainly string. i wrote a sample program in VC 6.0 that clearly shows memory leaks in stl wstring str = L""; for( int a = 0 ; a < 100000 ; a++ ) { str += L"int"; } str.str.erase( str.begin() , str.end() ); str = L"int"; i wrote this code against a button in dialog based application. Before clicking the button, the memory usage is 3MB and after this code it is 17MB although i believe it should have been bac...

eseutil #4
Can someone give me some insight on how to calculate the amount of time it takes to run eseutil against an exchange 2003 db? We have two stores, 125GB each. How long does it take to process based on store size? Any help is much appreciated. Thanks, Gary the answer is, its depend. not the answer you wanted to hear. the 2 most important factors are disc I/O and CPU normaly eseutil processes (a fast machine) at 5-10 Gig / Hour so you would have a long night in front of you. What do you want to do? repair or defragment? eseutil copies data from the original store and creates a new one...

Passwords #4
Created password access and have forgotten password. Is there a way around to be able to open file? Norman Harker has posted this info a few times: http://groups.google.com/groups?threadm=OZ54U6X4CHA.2464%40TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl Lynne wrote: > > Created password access and have forgotten password. Is > there a way around to be able to open file? -- Dave Peterson ec35720@msn.com Dave Peterson <ec35720@msn.com> wrote in message news:<3F5E63CA.DBA005DB@msn.com>... > Norman Harker has posted this info a few times: > > http://groups.google.com/groups?threadm...

Exchange memory utilization
Is there any documentation detailing the exchange 2003 memory utilization , especially in coordination with the max store size. thanks CR What do you want to know? Exchange will use all the memory it can in the box, up to 4GB, for caching, and this isn't a function of store size. It will release memory so that other processes can get what they need. -- Ed Crowley MVP - Exchange "Protecting the world from PSTs and brick backups!" "MSNews" <Craig@nowhere.org> wrote in message news:etwPVF%23RHHA.4832@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl... > Is there any documentati...

Excel 2003 #4
Hope someone out there can help, I have lost the toolbars and menu bars in Excel, at first I thought it was showing full screen but it wasn't I then tried to Alt/V to bring up the view menu but again nothing. Have re-installed Excel but still not showing, can anyone help me with this please. And you're sure that the window isn't just too far up and off the visible viewing area--so all that you would need to do is resize that window? If you can see excel's application title bar, then this isn't the problem. If you want to reset all the toolbars back to factory default...

Out of Memory
I am using Excel 2000. Operating system is MS 2000. Ram = 512. I am running a large Excel file 65,536 rows by 24 columns. The columns may expand somewhat; say 5 extra rows as the Macro runs. The Excel file links to another Excel file to do some vlookups. Some formatting is going on as well as Paste Special Value. I get an out of error message and Excel stops. If I only have 50,000 rows it works fine. I have increased the virtual memory to the maximum, same thing. Any suggestions???? Hi, There are only 65536 rows in a worksheet. You cannot use all the rows. Split your sheet into sevra...

Templates #4
I need to know how to get templates for a newsletter similar to those on publisher. If there's any out there or if no such thing exists any answers are greatly appreciated. There's absolutely no way to answer your question if you don't even bother to disclose what version of what program you're using - templates are not interchangeable. The only suggestion is to try Googling & see what turns up. Good Luck |:>) Bob Jones [MVP] Office:Mac On 10/28/08 9:51 PM, in article D52963AF-BB67-47FA-8F29-B2D0CCCD2899@microsoft.com, "trin" <trin@discussions.microso...

How can I setup a testing enviroment for MSCRM 4.0 offline client?
My CRM developing is all on a VPC. How can I setup a testing enviroment for MSCRM 4.0 offline client? Can I setup another PC? or a VPC to connect to the CRM server at my VPC? Please advise steps, thanks -- MS CRM consultants at Melbourne Visit my CRM blog at http://melbournecrm.spaces.live.com/ ...

copying cells #4
I am trying to copy data down. I need to fill each of the empty cells with the data that appears above it before the occurance of the next data item. For example: 9B0B4C504A70A90B14DFDAB0ADBE477D - 464EED0D421A8763AE9E539B278257FC - - 5B0AB65A11D4BA460000459400000000 - - B2D45E0211D550F10100D58698469B02 - Becomes: 9B0B4C504A70A90B14DFDAB0ADBE477D 9B0B4C504A70A90B14DFDAB0ADBE477D 464EED0D421A8763AE9E539B278257FC 464EED0D421A8763AE9E539B278257FC 464EED0D421A8763AE9E539B278257FC 5B0AB65A11D4BA460000459400000000 5B0AB65A11D4BA460000459400000000 5B0AB65A11D4BA460000459400000000 B2D45E0211D550F...

memory growing spreadsheet
Hi Again I have another query- For some reason when working on a spreadsheet it can start with say, 925kb in size,I do a couple of changes, then "Wolla" 10+mb It only happens every now and again, but I have tried copy then paste special, taken all macro's out, save as a different name,copy sheet into different book, but still can't bring it back down in size, "Hu" I even took my changes back out What is going on? John .. Hi John, What are you doing? Whatever it is, I think I'd want to do something else. But I haven't any hint what to avoid doing &...

Is this a memory leak?
Hi, I am trying to figure out why a program keep consuming more memory the longer that it runs. I tried detecting a memory leak using the CMemoryState object. I find that the program is using more memory after executing this line: PullComma(sData); The source for PullComma is: //======================================================================= void PullComma(CString& string) // Remove comma from start of string //======================================================================= { Strip(string); if (string.IsEmpty()) return; if (string.GetAt(0) == ',') string =...

CPU usage, memory and virtual memory
Hello, On certain occasions, some applications can consume close to 100% cpu usage and freeze up the machine. But some apps can consume 100% cpu, but allow you to work on other applciations. What is the difference? Is it the memory and virtual memory consumption? Number ofpage faults? I am working on a multithreaded MFC application, which freezes up the machine (when it does some computations). A look at the task manager tells me it consumes 99% cpu and a lot of memory and virtual memory space. I would like to make sure that when my applciation computes, it does it as fast as possible and it...

CWinThread and Memory Leaks.
I want to have a simple progress bar displayed whilst my MFC application is doing a lengthy operation. To do this, I am creating a user interface thread which displays a dialog containing a progress bar control. This is implemented using two classes: class CProgressDlg : public CDialog class CProgressThread : public CWinThread The CProgressThread class has a member variable: CProgressDlg m_Dlg; At the start of the lengthy operation I create a new instance of CProgressThread, and set the m_bAutoDelete member TRUE before calling CProgressThread::CreateThread(); In CProgressThread::InitInst...

CRM 4.0 can't import "import into marketing list"
Hi, Please help In CRM 3.0, when you import leads you can select a marketing list (or create a new one) to import to. But I can not find the same thing in CRM 4.0. How can I import leads and put them under a marketing list? Thanks ...

outlook express email #4
Is it possible to receive Outlook Express emails instead of Hotmail emails when I open Microsoft Outlook 2003. If so how would I change it? Outlook only receives emails for the accounts that are configured Your post doesnt indicate whether you only have a hotmail account or whether you have a pop/smtp isp account "alleycat" <alleycat@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0FF22A25-1C1C-432D-BAEC-2B664B8F19EF@microsoft.com... > Is it possible to receive Outlook Express emails instead of Hotmail emails > when I open Microsoft Outlook 2003. If so how would ...

Accessing physical memory through PC/104 bus
Hello all. We need to access (read/write) memory on devices (cards) attached to PC/104 bus. Operating system: Microsoft Windows Embedded CE 6.0 Target processor: Advantech PCM-3375 (x86 architecture) http://www.advantech.com/products/PCM-3375/mod_1-2JKGWQ.aspx We were using operating system QNX 4.25 before, now we plan to migrate our code to WinCE6. Under QNX, we were accessing the memory using block of code similar to this one: { int addr =3D 0xd9080; // physical address on card unsigned long size =3D 0x1000; // size of block to access unsigned char...

Exchange 2003 migration #4
Hi, Can you please advise me few steps or provide some links to my problem. (I am inexperienced in dealing with exchange :)). I am running MS Exchange 2003 on SBS 2003. I need to move the Exchange to different server (windows 2003 std in the same domain, I have also bought new Exchange 2003 for it) and then get rid of the source server at all. What is the best approach to perform this migration? Thank you very much in advance, Greg The move mailbox wizard will allow you to move mailboxes between servers. The best approach is to bring the new box up in the same Exchange org a...

Memory leak?
Hello Group, How can I be sure that I don't have memory leak in my dialog based app? Thanks in advance, Geo Hi > > How can I be sure that I don't have memory leak in my > dialog based app? > > Thanks in advance, > Geo you can use CMemoryState MFC class. Regards, Robert Thank you Robert. >-----Original Message----- >Hi >> >> How can I be sure that I don't have memory leak in my >> dialog based app? >> >> Thanks in advance, >> Geo > >you can use CMemoryState MFC class. > >Regards, Robert > > >....