out of date file

I am trying to open an invoice spreadsheet. I have used
it many times before but now I get a microsoft visual
basic message  "the file VBA332.dll is out of date. This
program requires a newer version"
It wont open. Any known resolutions???
0
anonymous (74721)

Unable to load Outlook 2000 .pst file
I have been using Outlook 2000 on a Windows XP system; recently I had to reinstall Windows and all my applications after a corrupt registry problem. I reinstalled Outlook 2000 from my CD and applied all the updates from the web. Then I tried to open my .pst file and I got the “not a personal folder file" error. I have checked that the read-only attribute is not on, and I have run scanpst which repairs the file but then when I load the repaired file into Outlook 2000, there are no records in the email folder. The file size is 630 MB, so it is not close to the 2 GB limit....

Not all of my appointments show up as bold in the date navigator.
It appears that the appointments I set up on my iphone and synch with Outlook 2007 and some of the appointments I set up in Outlook don't show up bold in the date navigator. I saw on an older post for a previous version that one fix is to set each item as "tentative" and that did work. However, I don't have that option on iphone. Any other fixes? "Vicki" <Vicki@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:78095114-D4FE-48CE-A888-73DE712DC40D@microsoft.com... > It appears that the appointments I set up on my iphone and synch with > Ou...

Date Diff
Hi all, Does anyone know how i can return the difference between two dates that across weeks, months and years and only count working days? Use NETWORKDAYS, that is exactly what it is for. -- HTH Bob "Scott_goddard" <Scottgoddard@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A3A21833-39E3-4E05-86E0-6B771E102908@microsoft.com... > Hi all, Does anyone know how i can return the difference between two > dates > that across weeks, months and years and only count working days? You will want to use the NETWORKDAYS function... if you are usin...

Opening Worperfect 5.1 for Dos files
Does the Office 2004 for Mac have a filter for opening=20 Wordperfect 5.1 for Dos files? In Word 98 for mac I can open the files without any=20 problem, but in Word 2004, I can=B4t. I asked me the file=20 type. Thank you No. There isn't a converter for Word to WordPerfect. Check out MacLinkPlus from Dataviz, which includes a translator. <http://www.dataviz.com/products/maclinkplus/> Otherwise, you could ask the WordPerfect user to save the file as RTF and then e-mail it to you. You can open RTF in Word and then save it and send it back to be opened in WordPerfect. On 7/1/04 3...

average hourly output for date, result shown by day
hello there, i have a template in excel2007 that is blank until the data will begin to be entered, in column A i have the date in the format 14/03/01, in column D i have hours worked (in regular number eg 2.89) and in column M i have output in units. i was wondering if there was a formula that could return the average hourly output and total output in the style below? Average Hourly Output Total Output Monday Tuesday Wednesday Thursday Friday Saturday Sunday i have tried setting up another column that corresponds to the date column A, and trying to get the...

File options
I want to be able to view tabs for all open files (Word or Excel) across the taskbar at the bottom of the screen, without having to go to "window" on the tool bar and then select the file I want. Any suggestions anyone? On Fri, 13 Feb 2004 03:49:19 -0800, HR wrote: > I want to be able to view tabs for all open files (Word or > Excel) across the taskbar at the bottom of the screen, > without having to go to "window" on the tool bar and then > select the file I want. > > Any suggestions anyone? Yes, post this in the apropriate newsgroup. Likely o...

Header/footer date
Is there any way to format the last modified date of the file and have it print in the header/footer? I want to do this using a variable, not having to key in the date manually. MS Word has a variable called savedate, but this does not exist in Excel that I can find. Any help would be appreciated. Try this Ken http://www.rondebruin.nl/print.htm#Saved -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl "Ken Witherbee" <ken45athome@aol.com> wrote in message news:bf2701c43825$05aa5190$a101280a@phx.gbl... > Is there any way to format the last modified date of the > file...

HELP! How to extract information in inbox/sentbox into a text file
Can any one tell me how to extract the information of new mails in m inbox/sentbox, including the sender name, message subject and messag time, into a text file ----------------------------------------------- ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com ...

Large spreadsheet file but no data
I have a spreadsheet with twowork sheets. On the first are a number of (about 5) If statments per row with abou 300 rows. The second has selective references to the first sheet. This spreadsheet acts as the basis for a two page word mail merg document with about 20 merge fields. The spreadsheet has a size of 3.07mb which seems very large for what i has on it. I have now deleted everything I can see from the spreadsheet includin all borders and colours and the size is still similar. Does anyone have any ideas why this could be? Thank -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Ar...

Sorting On a custom date format
I have a spreadsheet that I copied from a webpage, that has a date field in a custom format, mmm-dd-yyyy (ie, "Jul-12-2003"). I created a custom format for the column that contains the custom date. When I sort on the column containing the custom date format, Excel does a straight alphabetic sort. Jul-12-2003 comes long after Aug-31-2003, and Dec-01-2002. How can I create a custom date format that I can use for sorting by date? Chuck Paranoia comes from experience - and is not necessarily a bad thing. Hi this works for me. You may try the following - select your data - goto '...

How to create the chm help file like MSDN?
I want to create a help file to describe my source code(c language), only headers. I want to make it like MSDN, how to do ? The DoxyGen and HHW(HTML Help Workshop) can build chm file, but it didn't like MSDN. I use the doxygen's SEPARATE_MEMBER_PAGES option, but the right-side have a function list. I didn't like this. I want the left-side is Contents and the right-side have only one function describe. How to do ? thank you! Have you tried something like RoboHelp? http://www.adobe.com/products/robohelp/ Or for less $$$ something like the following might work for you. http:...

Can I program Excel cells to change colour at a set date?
I want certain cells to change from yellow to green when a date contained within those cells is reached. Excel version 2003 Use a conditional format. For instane you might format as yellow, then set a conditional format based on the formula =TODAY()>=datecell to apply the green color. Jerry sunflowermurray wrote: > I want certain cells to change from yellow to green when a date contained > within those cells is reached. Excel version 2003 ...

Nothing happens when I click on file, view, format etc.
Working away on a newsletter, putting a border around text box when -- publisher announcements appear. Something like back to front or front to back and control M6? The upshot is that I can't do anything else to the newsletter (except look at what I've completed so far). When I try to type -- the arrange box appears. However, it doesn't click through when I click on it. Hoping someone will comprehend what I'm saying -- that is, nothing clicks through when I click on it. I click on "edit," Nothing. I click on "format," "tools," "help" -- ...

Office Power Point Viewer 2007 won't open ".pps" files
Using Windows 7, Home Premium, 32 bit. No Office 2007 installed. Using Microsoft Works. Have experienced several issues with Office PPT Viewer 2007. Cleared them, but additionally each time I try to open a .pps file, either from the Desktop or Windows Mail, I receive the following: "C:\Users|AMD\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\TemporaryInternetFiles\content.IE5\E7D22GOW\Gathering of Mustangs and Legends2007.pps is not a valid Win32 application". I have opened this file many times on another computer, so don't think it is an issue with the file. The software has be...

Opening Lotus password protected file
I'm trying to convert some of my old lotus files that are password protected into Excel files. My old Lotus program got corrupted somehow so I can't remove the password thru Lotus. Any ideas on how I might make the conversion? Would appreciate any help. Thank you. ...

Open HTML file in VBA using workbooks.open
If I open an html file from VBA, for example.:- Set WB = Workbooks.Open(sFullFile, 0, True) ' 0=do not updatelinks, true=readonly a new workbook opens with the html file in it as expected, but some text is automatically converted to date format. For example 03-4703 becomes 01/03/4703 or 03-Mar. Can I open the html file without it performing these automatic conversions? TIA On 15 Feb, 14:04, DartGuru <alan.go...@bigfoot.com> wrote: > If I open an html file from VBA, for example.:- > Set WB = Workbooks.Open(sFullFile, 0, True) ' 0=do not updatelinks, > t...

How do I calculate the # of business days between two dates?
I know absolutely nothing about coding. Trying to use calculations in a report or query to accomplish this. Everything else I have found seems to include "coding" that goes way beyond my capabilities. Anything a novice can use? You need to use code: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/97757 You can call this function in a query 1. make the function a Public Function In the query have a column like this WorkDaysCalc: Work_Days([StartDate],[EndDate]) where [StartDate] and [EndDate] are actual fields in your query. Everyone starts out a "Novice" but the m...

large pst file
My pst file is too large after changing computers and exporting and importing the file onto the new computer. Is it possible that there is duplicate data on the file causing it to increase in size? If so, how would I know this and reduce the size. I use an online back-up service to back-up my pst file and it has more MBs than is allowed by the service. Is this the same Outlook version? Importing an Outlook 97-2002 pst-file into an Outlook 2003 pst-file will increase the pst-file size since the format is not the same. Note that import/export is not a good practise to mve your pst-f...

Extract Date from line of text
Is there any way I can extract a date from a cell containing a line o text??? Eg: A1: "16-02-04-Received & Completed" How can I extract the date "16-02-04" & display it in Cell B1?? -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi if your date is always at the beginning of the string and always in the format "DD-MM-YY" try the following in B1 =LEFT(A1,8) -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany > Is there any way I can extract a date from a cell containing a line of > text??? > > Eg: > A1: "16-02-04-Received & Completed&...

Excel-Export a file as a Fixed Length Text file
Can anyone advise on how to export/save an Excel file to a fixed length text file? Here's a thread that offers a couple of alternatives: http://groups.google.com/groups?threadm=40E61859.7071CC5A%40msn.com RJM wrote: > > Can anyone advise on how to export/save an Excel file to a fixed length text file? -- Dave Peterson ec35720@msn.com ...

Can't group by dates in Excel 2003 pivot table
I do not get a Group By dialog box when I select Group. It adds a group name, but puts everything in one big group. If there are text entries, or blank cells in the date column, you won't be able to group the field. If that's the problem, perhaps you could delete any text, and add a "dummy" date to records with no date. barbara1234 wrote: > I do not get a Group By dialog box when I select Group. It adds a group name, > but puts everything in one big group. -- Debra Dalgleish Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List http://www.contextures.com/tiptech.html Thanks Debra. ...

Emails from PST file
I have been informed that I have downloaded my emails from Hotmail into a PST file such that I cannot view my old emails from the hotmail webpage. How can I get the emails pushed back into the Hotmail webpage and to show up on my outlook? I am running outlook 2007 on windows 7 32bit "Stephen K" <StephenK@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4C7BC6BA-77FD-471E-9F65-1E074A3143CF@microsoft.com... > I have been informed that I have downloaded my emails from Hotmail into a > PST > file such that I cannot view my old emails from the hotmail...

Import .txt files to Excel
I am looking for a way to import text files into excel. My problem is that my company uses IBM AS400/ISeries to run certain reports each month, and these reports come out as .txt files. These .txt files have headers and any number of other random lines throughout the report (mainly when there is a page break, new line item, etc). I am curious if there is a good way to import these files while removing the headers, line breaks, etc. I thought of trying to write a macro to get rid of the headers, but for the number of reports we have that would be almost impossible. I have been reading a...

determining which version a file was created in
Hi, My co-worker's laptop has some publisher files that look like they were created in publisher 98 - (i think that's the icon I'm seeing). When I try to open them, Publisher 98 says it can't open that version. Is there a way to tell what version they were created in without being able to open them?! Thanks! Dana <Dana@discussions.microsoft.com> was very recently heard to utter: > My co-worker's laptop has some publisher files that look like they > were created in publisher 98 - (i think that's the icon I'm seeing). > When I try to open them, Pub...

grouping dates in pivot table
I have an outstanding checklist which contains two accounts (account 2110 and 2189) I have created a pivot table using the date of the check on the left, the account on top and the amounts as the data. Example Account 2110 2189 Date 7/3/04 105 176 7/6/04 116 218 8/3/04 786 197 8/7/04 214 767 I am trying to group the dates so it will read total amount of outstanding checks for the month. Example: Account 2110 2189 Date July '04 ...