Others receive Path Error when opening a Spread Sheet that is Update Data on Open"

I have excel doc that is automatically updating on open from an Access
DB.  All are shared on a network.  It works fine for me but other users
get an invalid path error that refers to C:\... (etc) . Where is the
defulet that Excel automatically extracts this from because it is
totally eronious  Additionally they get a Jet path dialog box that is
listing an eronious path too.

AKK..
Help!

---

DCOM ERROR
Getting the following error. However when I go into component services and add local SERVICE account and add Launch permissions, users are unable to access their mailboxes and public folders are disabled. The application-specific permission settings do not grant Local Launch permission for the COM Server application with CLSID {9DA0E106-86CE-11D1-8699-00C04FB98036} to the user NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM SID (S-1-5-18). This security permission can be modified using the Component Services administrative tool. ...

Run time error
I am getting this run time error Run Time error 2498 An expression you entered is the wrong data type for one of the arguments. All of the data types are correct, does anyone know how i can fix this? The code for the form is below DoCmd.FindRecord Me.CompanyName is where the problen is Option Compare Database Option Explicit Private Sub Add_Click() On Error GoTo Err_Add_Click 'DoCmd.GoToRecord , , acNewRec Exit_Add_Click: Exit Sub Err_Add_Click: MsgBox Err.Description Resume Exit_Add_Click End Sub Private Sub Close_Form_Click() On Error GoTo Err_Close_For...

Two page spread
Have Win 98SE, MS Publisher 2002, We have set up a two page brochure running to ten pages (A4 landscape) but would like to include the centre pages as a two page spread. We always appear to get a line of 'no text' (small blank space) down the centre of the spread, where the centre line would be. Is there a solution other than create a separate document. Thank you. What do you have on the center page? Text boxes have a .04 margin by default, might try setting it to zero. -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/clipart/ http://www.mvps.org/msauer/getting_started.htm ...

OL2002 slow to open messages
My outlook has recently decided that it is going to take 5 - 10 seconds to open an e-mail whether it is new or not or whether it is plain text or an HTML message. I have already made sure that the checkbox beside the "remove extra line breaks" is unchecked. There was no change in the performance. My inbox only has 194 messages, I am archiving my older mail, using a multitude of folders to organize my mail so I am not sure why the response time to view an new e-mail has jumped from 1 sec to 5-10 seconds. Has anyone experienced this before and/or know a solution to this? Th...

Not receiving emails in my inbox
Hi Corentin, Not sure why this just stopped working...It was working fine for the last three years until today. We are on an Exchange server that PC users have Outlook. The network is on a remote server. How do I check the POP or IMAP server settings? Are the settings on this Entourage application? Thanks! Glenn On 12/16/09 10:05 AM, in article C74E8B96.E217%gsimone@nospam.comcast.net.invalid, "Glenn Simone" <gsimone@nospam.comcast.net.invalid> wrote: > We are on an Exchange server Try Control-Clicking your Inbox in the folder list and choosing Folder ...

Error Bars #2
Is it possible to format the error bars individually on a chart? ...

Errors 919 and 426 for OPOS
Hi, We are unable to print from Register #3. When we start register #3 we get a Store Operations Manager error "Warning 919: The printer OPOS driver was not found. When we try to print we get a Microsoft Store Operations POS error; "Invalid Operation 416: The OPOS device is not opened. Make sure the device is enabled in the regidter properties." Can you help understand what is wrong and what I need to do to fix it? Thanx, Mel You need to install and configure the OPOS drivers for your printer. This is something that a reseller usually handles during installation and...

Sending distribution list to others
Seems to me I once managed to send a distribution list to others so that all they had to do was drag and drop it into their address book or contacts list. is my memory palying tricks on me since I can't figure it out now. Robin Attach the DL as an Outlook Item to an RTF message. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "Droopy" <someone@somewhere.net> wrote in message news:C_Nah.20470$Hp3.19554@clgrps13... > Seems to me I once managed to send a distribution list to others so that > all they had to do was drag and drop it into their address book or > contacts list...

Getting error c0072afc while trying to access Pulbic Folders node under Folder
I am getting the following error message when I click on the Public Folders node under the Folder in Exchange System Manager. The requested name is valid, but no data of the requested type was found. Facility: Win32 ID no: c0072afc Exchange System Manager I am getting the same error while trying to create a public folder. I am running ESM from the same box on which Exchange is installed and I don't have Outlook installed on that box. Is there a way to fix it other than re-installing Exchange server? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks Himanshu ...

CRM 4.0 can not go online
Whenever we click on the "Go online" button in Outlook, we receive this message "An unknown error has occurred. Retry the action. If the problem persists, contact your system administrator". We've tried to reconfigure the CRM through the "Configuration Wizard", it would force CRM to online status, but if we go offline and go online again, we have same error. We have thought it is something to do with the VPN setting as all of our sales people work remotelly but now it happens to people in the office too. We just have had this issue lately, CRM 4.0 worke...

Others
At the start of my Contacts list is a tiny table containing a blank row, and a row saying "Other: 399". This seems to be some sort of summary, so how do I populate this table? I have all sorts of contacts in there, Friends, Family, Neighbours, Work colleagues, musicians, composers, extra-terrestrials. -- Steve Swift http://www.swiftys.org.uk/swifty.html http://www.ringers.org.uk Is there a plus sign to the left of it? -- -Ben- Ben M. Schorr, MVP Roland Schorr & Tower http://www.rolandschorr.com http://www.officeforlawyers.com Author - The Lawyer's Guide to Microsoft O...

Use Sheet CodeNames to Select Sheet in Different Workbook
I'm using an .xla to make modifications to another workbook. In my procedure, I'm need to test the name of each worksheet to determine how to proceed. For some reason, I am unable to correctly point to capture the sheet name in the other workbook. I have tried a few different methods, none with any success. Here is the abbreviated code: Sub UnprotectSheets(strUpdateWb As String) 'where strUpdateWb is the name of an open workbook Windows(strUpdateWb).Activate Dim wb As Workbook Set wb = ActiveWorkbook 'Attempt #1 Dim temp As String temp = wb.Sheet1...

Quote Error
I have created an OnChange event in my quote to auto-populate the Name field (primary attritbute-nvarchar type) with a custom field (picklist type). I am using: crmForm.all.name.DataValue = crmForm.all.new_typeofsale.SelectedText; I am then using an OnSave event on the form as follows: crmForm.all.name.ForceSubmit = true; When these events are enable we are unable to close a quote for any reason nor can we convert to an order without getting an error telling us to contact the System Administrator. When I disable these events everything works. Can someone tell me what I am doing wrong...

Monitoring Data Export to Excel in GP
Hi I was wondering if there is any way to figure who and what info is being exported into excel. I'm not sure if this can be done through audit reports. Maybe it can be done at the DB level. Any insights? Thanks A few options: 1) Put a Dexterity trigger on the Excel button that will record info into the Audit Log table. You can log the Smartlist being exported too. 2) Add VBA scripting on the Excel button that will log into a custom table the user information and the Smartlist that is being exported. Best regards, -- MG.- Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP Maximum Global Business, ...

How to find complete path for emails in search window? (2007)
Is there any way to find out the complete "path" where an email is stored? I have a fairly complicated configuration of email folders. I have 8-10 top-level folders, each of which may have several sub-levels, etc. In some cases, the nesting goes 5-6 levels deep. This has been great for organizing the emails, but it has become a problem when searching for emails. The search window shows the name of the folder each email is in, but it does not show the full path, so I don't know where that folder is in the hierarchy. I really don't want to go opening up every level. The MS...

Opened applications
Hello, Would it be possible to list all the opened applications/windows that a user sees in the taskbar? I know how to list the running processes, but two windows can have the same process. Thank you in advance for any suggestion. Regards Patrick, You can use "Tasks" if you open an instance of MS Word. The example below is a bare bones approach; you would probably want to check if Word is already open etc. but this will give you a start. The 'Name' property of a given task is the friendly name (title bar type name) rather than the process name ...

Selecting Specific Data
What I want to do is to have a drop down box (like an autofilter) that will select a certain range of dates, from some data I have. e.g. from now --> 6mths later 6mths later --> 12 mths later .. and so on --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ ...

#DIV/0! Error #3
Hi, In the formula listed below sometimes I put zeroes in the 2 cells or I leave them blank but I get the #DIV/0! error. How can I add the ISError function to my formula. Its driving me crazy. =SUM(B14-C14)/B14 Thanks In advance. Kenny Firstly, you do not need SUM. This is used in formulas such as SUM(A1:A100) to sum a range. You need just = (B14-C14)/B14 But if B14 is zero you will get DIV error So =IF(B14<>0,(B14-C12)/B14,"Zero value in B14") best wishes -- Bernard V Liengme www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme remove caps from email "Kenny16301 via OfficeKB.com" ...

Cell reference data not displaying in chart
I use a chart where a certain datapoint has to be entered twice. I' like to change it to enter the data once and have the data appear i the referenced cell and as part of a simple bar chart. Here are th particulars: In cell B27 I enter the datapoint for the first tim (58.7). Currently, I have to enter that same datapoint in cell F24 That same datapoint is part of a three cell source for a simple ba chart. When I try to use a cell reference, the bar is flat depicting n data. Here's what I mean; If I put the data (58.7) into cell B27, an put the datapoint reference in cell F24 (=B27), t...

Data hidden/lost in Excel 2003 spreadsheet?
I have an odd situation I was hoping some of you excel experts might be able to help me with. I was sent a spreadsheet (task schedule list) that was about 25kb (only 40 rows by 8 columns). After I did some editing (adding 2 new columns and adding some information to them) and saved the file, I noticed the file size has ballooned up to 2MB! I went hunting through the file to see if had accidentally pasted a something huge from my clipboard but could find nothing. I know it is the column I added as when I delete the entire column and save the file it goes back to the original 25kb. But w...

error on close
I have outlook 2002. When I close the program I get a message that Outlook has encountered and error. I have to uncheck the box that says "restart outlook?" and then it closes. Annoying. ...

Instant Updating Views
my CDocument derived class uses this function: CMyDoc1::OnAddTask() { collectTaskInfo(); UpdateAllViews(0); } this forces CMyView1::OnDraw(CDC* pDC) to be called Sounds simple and straight forward. Here is my problem. When I run the app everything is refreshed OK. Once, I click the buttom to call OnAddTask() message handler the window is not refreshed (goes grey) eventhough OnDraw is called. I wont see anything until I move the application across the screen or resize the app window. I need help onto how to tackle this problem regards Viper I guess it depends upon what is being do...

Writing a HEX file binary data
Hi I am trying to write to hex file , this is my first time writing to file in windows vista, So first i will let the user to create it by the "CFileDialog" and then save it, and Then i want to write to the file some data, here is the code i used: //to save the file CFileDialog dialog(FALSE,_T("hex"), FilePath, 0, _T("Hex File (*.hex)"), this); if (dialog.DoModal() == IDOK) { .... } //open the file for write ,lets say the user choose zack.hex. nFile = fopen ("C:\Users\user\Documents\IM\coding_PROJECTS\zack.hex","w"); //write to the file 5 c...

vertical vs horizontal error bars excel 2007

_wWinMain@16 link error
I'm building an MFC application that in release configuration only generates an unresolved link time error, LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _wWinMain@16. I'd originally created this as a Unicode application but, due to legacy problems, needed to also build in MBCS mode. Both of the Unicode builds are fine and the debug MBCS is also OK. I'm at a standstill on this. Can anyone point me in the right direction? -- Richard Lewis Haggard Found it. Unicode needs an Entry-point symbol of "wWinMainCRTStartup". MBCS must not have this. When I went from Unicode to M...