Other Users updating my workbook

I am creating an Excel file that other users on different netwoks will download from a web page,  if they update a case I then need a way for that update to be sent back to the master file and saved.  Any ideas?
0
anonymous (74722)

Ade,

It seems to me that you need help. This is not trivial if it involves
downloads, presumably uploads, and web based updates. You may need to pay
someone to do it if you need it that much.

--

HTH

Bob Phillips

"Ade" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I am creating an Excel file that other users on different netwoks will
download from a web page,  if they update a case I then need a way for that
update to be sent back to the master file and saved.  Any ideas?

0
bob.phillips1 (6510)
2/18/2004 11:32:04 AM
Unfortunately money is something Im fairly short of.....  Does anyone know of a macro which when they click on a button(for instance) it then e-mails the update back(the update is only four cells and will be cut and paste into a raw data page).

     ----- Ade wrote: -----

     I am creating an Excel file that other users on different netwoks will download from a web page,  if they update a case I then need a way for that update to be sent back to the master file and saved.  Any ideas?
0
anonymous (74722)
2/18/2004 1:51:10 PM
For details on mailing, see www.rondebruin.nl/sendmail.htm

--

> Unfortunately money is something Im fairly short of.....  Does anyone know
of a macro which when they click on a button(for instance) it then e-mails
the update back(the update is only four cells and will be cut and paste into
a raw data page).

>      ----- Ade wrote: -----
>
>      I am creating an Excel file that other users on different netwoks
will download from a web page,  if they update a case I then need a way for
that update to be sent back to the master file and saved.  Any ideas?

0
bob.phillips1 (6510)

Update Date/Time Field
I am trying to run an update query where if the Date/Time field is blank, I want it to enter today's date. Here's what I have: UPDATE Royalties SET Royalties.DatePaid = Now() WHERE (((Royalties.DatePaid)="IsNull")); I'm getting a data type mismatch, so I'm assuming that it has something to do with the "DatePaid" field being a date/time field. I'm self-taught in Access so I'm not too knowledgeable about what I could be missing to make this work. Could someone help me? Thank you so much!! WHERE IsNull([Royalties].[DatePaid]) = True You tried to...

Update a vaule of a cell after using it for a calculation
Is it possible to perform a calculation on a cell using it value an then to update that cell with the new value created by th calculation. I know this will perform a circular reference, but I'm sure I have see somewhere a way around this. Any help muchly appreciated. Example A1 = 4 B1 = 10 I want the value of A1 to change after performing the followin calculation - A1 = sum (B1 - A1) A1 should update from "4" to "6 -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi not really possible with formulas. you have to use VBA / an event procedure. In your case the worksh...

New to User Forms

Users Shared Folders

Why no updated prices on ETFs? (M03)
Over my year of using Money, I have grown accustomed to some of its goofy characteristics, but I recently discovered another that seems relatively new. I find that it will not update prices on ETFs (exchange traded funds), or at least some ETFs. I am not getting updates on QQQs and MDYs at the moment. I believe it refuses to update prices on SPYs as well. It does update on EWJ ... perhaps m$ just has a vendetta against the people doing the ones I mentioned. I have had these in my portfolio in the past, perhaps 9 mos ago, and the prices on them were updating then. Has anyone else noticed ...

Users not showing up All Users

user breakpoint

Automatically update a number when printed
Hi, I am trying to make a report with a report number at the top on excel. I am trying to figure out if I can type in a report number ie. 1001 and then everytime I print it, it updates so I dont have to change it to 1002, 1003 etc. Thanks for any suggestions Best way is to use the Workbook_BeforePrint event to restrict the user to print from the menu/menu icons.... From workbook press Alt+F11 to launch VBE (Visual Basic Editor). From the left treeview search for the workbook name and click on + to expand it. Within that you should see the following VBAProject(Your_Filename)...

Need User Name and Password

Random Users Calendars not viewable

Manager grayed out on user setup

Lotus user to Outlook user Attachments missing
Hi everyone, I have a strange problem that hopefully someone can help with or maybe point me in the right direction. Infrastructure info: All our clients are running Office 2007 SP2 and we have Exchange 2007 SP1 as our backend. We have a client that has Lotus Notes and sends us many emails per day and almost always they have attachments but usually PDF's, JPG's and DOC's. We have just discovered that they occasionally send us scanned docs in MDI format. The problem is that it appears as though when the client running Lotus attached an MDI file and sends the ema...

users sending messages to themselves
Hello all, I'm running a Exchange 2000 server w SP3 on W2K box w SP4. I have some users who have this old habit of sending a copy of out going message to themselves when they compose a new message by cc or bcc or even To field. I ask them not to do but they are still doing it. Is there a way (may be a script or rule or anything in Exchange or third party software) to stop this. I was told by someone that there is nothing of that nature but I'm still not convinced. There's gotta be a way. Thanks Raj Bambrah Why not let them do whatever they damn well please? Raj Bambrah wro...

IMF and remote users.
I need a bit of hand holding on this. We are about to start hosting our own email. There are branch offices that will pick up their email with POP3 from our server running SBS 2003. I want to filter for spam, but also want all the users to have the ability to review emails caught by the filter. If I use the IMF filter, am I correct in assuming that the remote office users will never see those emails in that they will have been moved out of their inbox to the spam folder? Is there a built-in method of tagging, not moving emails identified as spam on a RBL? Thank you. - Are you going to use ...

Preventing a user from seing other users opportunities
Hi, I have a case in which 2 CRM users (A) & (B) shouldn't see each other's opportunities and this is indeed the case. However, when a user (A) creates an opportunity for which the account is owned by user (B), user (B) is then able to see this user (A) opportunity. I understand that this might be logical business wise, however, is there any way to prevent user (B) from seing these opportunities of user (A) even though he is the owner of the opportunity account ?? Thanks in advance I don't believe this is possible but I could be wrong. Darren Liu, Microsoft CRM MVP...

Limit user access on customer/vendor?
is it possible to control user access on certain customer/vendors? something like account level security, but on customer/vendor. Hi HFLo, No you cannot have Customer/Vendor Control Access as account security, since no module in GP has this feature, this is one of the drawbacks of GP no ROW LEVEL SECURITY at all, we are using the third party product for this security setup, it also works for Inventory and items just like account security. In short GP dosent have this feature. AXAPTA has this feature to restrict access to customers, vendors, inventory items at site level etc....... w...

Sending a copy of each email that a user sends
We have a security issue from HR requiring them to review all email sent from a user Is there a way to cc: an HR account with all email sent without the user being aware of the cc:? Have a look at this software www.exclaimer2000.com On Mon, 23 Feb 2004 13:41:08 -0800, Rod <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >We have a security issue from HR requiring them to review all email sent from a user. >Is there a way to cc: an HR account with all email sent without the user being aware of the cc:? This is very easy with Exchange 5.5. What version do you have? Rafael "...

security- users
hi all can anyone tell me this.. i want when someone opens the data base to asked for a user name and password. if the user name is for example "admin" (thats me) to have full access, can create,delete tables,create report etc. if the user name is "user1" to be able only for read, write ,add record ?? i prefered to do this by using the User and Group Permissions but any other suggestions are welcome.. thanks On Sun, 10 Feb 2008 22:54:01 -0800, Osyris <Osyris@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: Workgroup Security is an advanced topic. Do not attempt to use it un...

automatic update in quarter text box
I have a form where the OTDLdaTe text box is entered and woud like the the quarter field to automaticly have the correct quarter entered. I currently have to enter the "Quarter" I do not know where to start and in which text box use. Quarter 1 = 01/01/2*** and < 04/01/2*** and so on. Assuming the date's in text box txtDate, set the control source of text box txtQuarter to =DatePart("q", Me.txtDate) Note that this will only display the quarter on the form: you will not be storing the quarter in the underlying recordset, which is the way it should be: you sh...

User in more than one user class?
Is it possible to add a user to more than one user class? We have a user who will temporarily need the accesses of another user class while retaining her current accesses. The only method I saw for adding the accesses is to do them individually for the user. Is there a better way to do this? Perhaps adding the user to the second user class temporarily or create a new user class with the accesses of the two classes in question? Thank you. For versions 9.0 and prior a user can only be in 1 security class at a time. -- Victoria Yudin Dynamics GP MVP Flexible Solutions, Inc. "d...