Operating fill handle and moving entire cells with keyboard

Is there any way of operating the fill handle or moving
entire cells/range of cells with the keyboard rather than
using the mouse (drag and drop).

Thanks, Tom.
0
anonymous (74719)

Tom

Copy or Cut

Select range Select top left corner of range.
Hold Shift & press End, Arrow down or right.

Copy:= Ctrl + C
Cut:= Ctl + X
Paste Ctl + V

To Fill Down or Right

Ctrl + D or ctrl + r

Use Excel Help and search for keyboard shortcuts for a
complete List.

Regards
Peter

Try This:

Say Cell A1 to A10 is your data which you move to corresponding Cell B
to B10.

Select Cell A1 to A10 using keyboard itself by this==>  go to cell A
and Press ctrl+shft+down arrow . If all the cell from A1 to A10 ar
filled, then all cells shall be automatically selected. press ctrl X
this is to cut the cells) go to cell B1  and press Ctrl+V or simpl
press <enter> key.

Hope this works.

regards

Visha

Cell margins ?
Our cell margins (indents) are too big, even set to 1 for a single character. Being able to reduce the left column margins a hair would let us fit more columns on a printed page without decreasing the font size. How do we get smaller margins? We have tried adding spaces to the number/text format, which helps some, but the left space does not affect wrapped lines in the cell. Ironically, Microsoft Word appears to have more flexibility in this area than Excel. In Word you have unlimited flexibility in that you can set the table cell margins (left, right, top, bottom) in fractions of a...

Fill Handle #3
I know that you can use the fill handle to copy and paste formulas in a adjacent column by double clicking on the fill handle. Is there similar way to do this across a row? Thanks in advance for your help -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com ASPENCO, If you drag the fill handle sideways the same effect is obtained. Double clicking only works vertically -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com ...

Moving Exchange 2003 server to another Administrative group
Is there any issue with moving an Exchange 2003 server to another Administrative group? (cut and paste) Reason for this is that I have this test exchange 2003 server and I am restoring a database in a recovery storage group. This database store belongs to an exchange 2000 server which used to be in another Administrative group (within same exchange organisation). That Exchange 2000 server is no longer in service any more. Thanks in advance Brij Hi Brij, Unfortunatly if you intend on using Recovery Storage Groups (RSGs), the Information Store must be restored to the original server, a...

Creating a list in a cell
Hello. This is my first message to this group. I just want to create a cell whose content is restricted to the items or values in a list. The list would be static, and it wouldn't be a problem to fill the list by hand, as it is not expected to contain much many items. The user then could go to the cell and simply select one of the values in the list, by means of a drop down control or similar. Is there any standard option in Excel to do that? I tried something called "lists", but it doesn't work as I would like. Thank you very much in advance!! -- Vicent Hi Vincent Se...

Auto fill alphabet (ABC...)?

universal formatting of all cells in all worksheets
I have 140 sheets in an excel document. In column AF I want the width to be set to 15.86. Instead of going to every sheet and making the change, is there a way that I can set the width for that column in all of the sheets right click on a sheet tab>select all sheets>set whatever on the sheet you are on>select any One sheet. -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software Granite Shoals, TX donaldb@281.com "jeremyrod" <jeremyrodriguez@cmsmechanical.com> wrote in message news:0b4301c351e9$39fe41e0$a501280a@phx.gbl... > I have 140 sheets in an excel document. In column AF I >...

Converting a list of email addresss that are in one cell, out horizontilly to all emails in a single column
I have searched for a way to do this, also have ASAP Utilities unable to find a solution. All of the email addresss are seperated by a comma. I'd like the finished list to be all in one column, instead of all in one cell. Thank you for your time! Mike There may be an easier way, but what comes to mind is a two-step process: In Excel help, you can search for "parse", and there are instructions for distributing the contents of a cell into columns. (You don't mention what version of Excel you have, so the exact steps may differ. Help should tell you how.) ...

Copy certain cells in a row based on one coordinate
I have a few thousand rows of data and about 10 columns. In a different sheet tab, I want to enter a coordinate(G22) in cell A1, and in B1, I want to see the text in B22 of the other sheet. I hope this makes sense. I have a data sheet, and want to extract certain cells from a certain row and place it in a different sheet to fax to a customer. I was hoping there was a command to enter a cell, and cells from that row would be entered in another sheet in a different order. Joe Hi have a look at VLOOKUP if I understood you correctly: http://www.contextures.com/xlFunctions02.html -- Regards...

Moving text from row to column in Excel
Hi, I'm working with a report from a web-based application that I cannot export into Excel. I can copy and paste the text, but when I do that all the text that is listed in columns horizontally ends up being listed in the first column of my Excel file vertically. What I want to do is select, say for example, the first 8 or so items in the list vertically and have them move to the first 8 horizontal cells. Is there an easy way to do this short of copy and paste? This is something I may need to do on a regular basis and need a quick and easy way to change the way this info is coming into Ex...

WordWrap exceeds cell display
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0010_01C6B48C.22F2DAC0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable I have spreadsheet with several cells set to word wrap. However, after = entering several lines of text, the cell stops expanding to display the = entered text. I can manually increase the row height and it all = displays. Is there any format I can set to automatically force the row = height to increase to match the cell content? This spreadsheet becomes = the data source for a Word Mail Merged report. ...

"the operation has timedout" error
Hi All, I am getting the following error. Is it possible to increase the timeout period of a web service? Event Type: Error Event Source: UKDynamics Event Category: (6) Event ID: 103 Date: 15/10/2008 Time: 14:41:52 User: N/A Computer: XXXXXXXXXX Description: Message:- Failure occured during Synchronisation of Locations from XXXXX to CRM. The operation has timed out Type:- System.Net.WebException Source:- System.Web.Services at System.Web.Services.Protocols.WebClientProtocol.GetWebResponse(WebRequest request) at System.Web.Services.Protocols.HttpWebClientProtocol.GetWeb...

Replace entire cell content
I have a bunch of names on a spreadsheet and i'm looking for an easy way to replace the names in each cell with a single character, 1, x, etc. Details along with before/after examples -- Don Guillett Microsoft MVP Excel SalesAid Software dguillett1@austin.rr.com "Steve C" <SteveC@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:93D4B513-993F-4D04-BA5F-345068E132BC@microsoft.com... >I have a bunch of names on a spreadsheet and i'm looking for an easy way to > replace the names in each cell with a single character, 1, x, etc. ...

cells of varied length extract last 3 digits
each cell in a column ends with "Program ###". I would like to create a column with just the ###. Where ### represents varied digits. Thanks Peggy Use the formula for retreiving the last three characters / digits from a particular cell. For Retrieving Last Three Text Characters from a cell =TRIM(RIGHT(A1,3)) For Retrieving Last Three Numeric Values from a cell =--TRIM(RIGHT(A1,3)) Change the cell reference to your desired cell, if required. If this post helps, Click Yes! -------------------- (Ms-Exl-Learner) -------------------- "PeggyT" w...

FAILED OPERATION
publisher will not connect to outlook when sending email attachment What version Publisher? What version Outlook? The Send This Page as Message command is not available when you click Send E-mail on the File menu in Publisher 2003 http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;884425 -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "fits nicely" <fits nicely@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:452BD0E4-6742-4A99-B86E-3CB2AF88500A@microsoft.com... > publisher will not connect to outlook when sendi...

Dual cash drawer operation
I have a prospect that has a news and gift store, and also sells lottery tickets. He would like to use a separate cash drawer at the POS, to enable him to keep the state money separate from other sales monies. He wants to kick the second drawer for this transaction. Can this be handled at the POS? Thanks for the help. Ralph. Hi Ralf :-) Do they accept other tender types for these transactions "can I pay with VISA for lottery tickets?" I'm just curious... maybe Vince has some tips :-) I know this isn't the answer you are looking for... but how about at the end of ...

"Sticky" prices for parts in Store Operations
Hi, When we go into store operations, bring up a part and check it's price, then go into another part - RMS seems to "remember" the last part's price. eg. we look at, say, a bolt - it is $3.50, we close that, open up, say, a truck (just an example) - this truck now shows a price of $3.50! In POS where we do the invoices, it has the right price for the truck... but we don't want to do an invoice when just looking up parts for a verbal query. This is a strange one, has anyone else seen this or knows where I can start looking? Thanks, Daniel This issue was fixed...

cannot move messages
Sometimes when I attempt to move a message from the inbox to a storage folder I receive the following error message - "An unknown error has occured. The selected message(s) could not be moved." Why am I receiving this message and how can this problem be corrected? Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks What kind of mail account is it? POP3, IMAP or HTTP? Both IMAP and HTTP accounts synchronize with the mail server, so moving a message from the mail account to the storage folder requires that WLM tell the mail server to delete the message from the server ma...

Cell highlighting/linking
I can't seem to select a single cell. When I move to another cell and click, all the cells in the range light up. Please tell me how to undo what I have done. ...

Move RMS2 Licence to a New Register
RMS v2.0 - despite searching this forum for a hint on how to transfer a licence from one PC to another I can't seem to find a definative answer. This is something I'm going to have to do soon as my current terminal/register is not reliable. We're open 6 days a week and only have one lane licence so I need to know the process will work! Can anybody help? Set up the new register/terminal and install RMS when you try to open POS it will prompt you for the license. I am recalling this from memory so I am not verbatim at this point but you choose to activate other than online. I...

Date Fill
I would like to create a spreadsheet where if you input date as Jan06 in cell A1, subsequent cells B1 C1 D1 etc automatically fill as feb06,mar06,apr06 - Can anyone help -- martins ------------------------------------------------------------------------ martins's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=31616 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=568582 In B1: =DATE(YEAR(A1),MONTH(A1)+1,DAY(A1)) Fill right -- Kind regards, Niek Otten Microsoft MVP - Excel "martins" <martins.2c26p2_1154767506.805@excelf...

copying rows where a result cell has a certain value or higher
Hi, I am a novice self taught excel user, not yet delving into the world of VBA. I have a problem with a workbook that I have not been able to find the answer to in the forums yet. If someone could assist I would be grateful. The situation is as follows; I have a workbook consisting of 7 worksheets, 1st worksheet is an instructions only page for the other people who will be using the spreadsheeta nd is therefore irrelevant in this problem. The next 5 worksheets are the same layout and consist of 10 questions on each sheet. The questions are in rows 16 through 25, in column 2. to answer ...

linked graphics moved file and graphics
I moved my large pub file along with the graphics to a new location on my computer. How do you tell publisher to look in another place for all of the graphics. When I open it now, I have to go and look for each graphic and create the link again. Using 2003, however maybe using 2007, so if there is a fix for either would like to know it. Tools, Options, General tab... -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "ap1971" <ap1971@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3D5B5AE8-5794-4228-9A78-E5DD3D1293EA@microsoft.com... >I moved my large pub file along with ...

Excel 2007
In the older version of excel, you could have multiple color fill tabs and you were able to tear off the color fill to pin it open on the sheet. I can't to that on excel 2007. Any ideas We could gang up on the developers... Ribbon haters unite! "Carrie" <Carrie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5F4F0F48-B572-4A53-AA66-3C1B54523F80@microsoft.com... > In the older version of excel, you could have multiple color fill tabs and > you were able to tear off the color fill to pin it open on the sheet. > I can't to that on excel 2007....

Move to folder issue
hi guys when i right click on an email and select move to folder i would like all folders and sub folders to be expanded rather than having to manually open subfolders within folders is this possible? kind regards -- stevecontracts "stevecontracts" <stevecontracts.5c0264b@outlookbanter.com> wrote in message news:stevecontracts.5c0264b@outlookbanter.com... > when i right click on an email and select move to folder i would like > all folders and sub folders to be expanded rather than having to > manually open subfolders within folders is thi...

Operator precedence (order of operate) =A1/A2*A3^5-(A1+A2)
Hi, what is the order of operating and calculating in this formula? =A1/A2*A3^5-(A1+A2) 1- A1+A2 2- A1/A2 3- A3^5 4- A2*A3 Regards. If it were me, I'd put parens in to ensure I get the calculation I want. "Masood Shahab" <masshahab@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:e9d5QwzsFHA.3928@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl... > > Hi, > what is the order of operating and calculating in this formula? > =A1/A2*A3^5-(A1+A2) > > 1- A1+A2 > > 2- A1/A2 > > 3- A3^5 > > 4- A2*A3 > > > > Regards. > > > Masood Shahab wrote... &...