Openning Grouped Columns in Protected Sheets

We want to put such a protection to the sheet that, the
protection will not prevent the user from openning
grouped columns.

This is possible only through a macro, for example:

Sub a()
    With Sheet1
        .EnableOutlining = True
        .Protect , True, True, True, True
    End With
End Sub

This setting does not get saved with the workbook, so it must be reset by
running this macro each time the workbook is opened.

--
Jim Rech
Excel MVP

0
jrrech (1933)

Print content of several sheets on one page
Can I print the content of several sheets on one page? Excel only print what you see i think. so you have do some thing outside the box. like maybe put paper back in printer or copy ranges to a new sheet that you dont keep but just for print. some people copy and paste pictures of ranges that they want next to others just for print too. "Åse" <se@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0F9CF89A-1EDE-4D2A-9E6F-AC0C916428A7@microsoft.com... | Can I print the content of several sheets on one page? ...

Showing rows & columns
I am trying to use Excell as a itemized list for a contract how do you get the printer to print with the rows & columns like it apears on the screen? Also is there a book or program that teaches this program? Patrick File | Page Setup | Sheet tab | Row and column headings Regards Trevor "Patrick" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:d04401c3ee8f$c30dc760$a601280a@phx.gbl... > I am trying to use Excell as a itemized list for a > contract how do you get the printer to print with the > rows & columns like it apears on the screen? ...

Transferring column width format from a worksheet?
To be specific, I will describe the situation for an address/telephone spreadsheet. This sheet will columns of various widths. One for area code needs only ton handle three digit entries while the basic number needs eight characters if you include the hyphen. A street address could be fairly long, 20 characters or more. A state code needs only two. If I want another sheet with the same column widths as one I like, how can you transfer the column width formatting? Paste Special format does not seem to transfer column widths. Bill -- An old man would be better off never having been bor...

Publisher 2000

opening links in outlook

Problem trying to open old money file

Changing data orientation from one sheet to another
Hi, On sheet1 the data is oriented vertically as A1 A2 A3 I'd like on sheet2 the data be oriented horizontally A1 to A1 A2 to B1 A3 to B3 Can it be done? if so, how? TIA Olga Excell 07 Copy the data from sheet1 Select A1 of sheet2 and paste special>transpose. Note: cannot be done if you have more than 16384 rows of data in column A Also, I think you have a typo at A3 to B3.........maybe A3 to C1? Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Sun, 20 Apr 2008 19:55:12 +0200, "Olga" <noemail@hotmail.com> wrote: >Hi, >On sheet1 the data is oriented vertically as >A1 >A...

Email with tiny attachments open slow

All Columns are not to move
How can I stop the columns from moving to the left of the Table? -- Roger On Sun, 3 Feb 2008 17:28:39 -0800, Roger <Roger@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >How can I stop the columns from moving to the left of the Table? You'll have to explain what on Earth you're talking about, Roger. What columns are "moving"? How? John W. Vinson [MVP] Good evening John, I found my own answer:by bringing the cursor to the first cell, the first column will not scroll to the left anymore; however, when I bring the cursor to any other cell and scroll to the rig...

Need an open house sign in sheet

Count rows that match criteria in 2 different column cell ranges
I have a spreadsheet that lists all customer orders for the year - each order is a row. I need to count the number of orders per customer per month. I'm having trouble figuring out what formula to use to count the number of rows in which the customer column (a range named "customer") = "xxx" and the month column (a range named "month") = 1 (for January). I've tried several combinations of things and keep getting errors. I've tried ROWS, COUNTIF, IF with COUNTIFs and/or ROWS, etc. to the point that I'm thoroughly confused. I'm sure th...

Creating folders from Excel Columns

cannot open excel file from outlook

opening links

Everyone Group #2
I migrated from NT 4.0 to 2003 I had a 5.5 exchange server and I migrated to 2003, my issue is all my users can open each others email boxes. I have looked at the mailbo rights in exchange and the Everyone group is listed with full acess. How can I change this? On Sat, 18 Sep 2004 07:59:05 -0700, "James M" <JamesM@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I migrated from NT 4.0 to 2003 I had a 5.5 exchange server and I migrated to >2003, my issue is all my users can open each others email boxes. I have >looked at the mailbo rights in exchange and the Everyone group i...

EXCEL Files open Slow

Name and number of sheets
Could someone please post the code that will count the number of sheets in a workbook and get each sheet name. I thought I could use the for statement after I got the number of sheets, but can't seem to get that number. Thank you Maybe something like: Option Explicit Sub testme() Dim wks As Worksheet MsgBox Sheets.Count MsgBox Worksheets.Count For Each wks In ActiveWorkbook.Worksheets MsgBox wks.Name Next wks End Sub Worksheets.count may not equal sheets.count (if you have chart sheets for example). MB wrote: > > Could someone please po...

Modify report to print individual group of records on separate pag
I am new to report writer and I am trying to figure out how to print individual employees records separately. It is an employee training records report where it group all of an employees training classes together. However, unless it fills the page, the next person's records are printed and I'm trying to start each new group on a new page. I don't know where to find the group properties. Please help. Amytdev. I think you need to create an additional footer. The additional footer can have the "Page Break" option set, causing a new page to be started. Below is the p...

Opening a second mdb file from an open mdb file
I have two mdb files (one used for general department use and the other for detailed reporting). For ease of maintenance, I'd like to keep these mdb files separate, but I would like to have the ability to open the second mdb file from the general dept Access program. Is there an exisitng macro or VBA code I could use to accomplish this task? Thanks for your help. Sure, you can easily just shell out to another app: http://www.mvps.org/access/api/api0018.htm or even create a hyperlink that opens the file. Just create a label, go to the property sheet and enter a path in the hype...