Opening to a default tab?

Hello,

 Is there a way to get a workbook to default to a certain tab when opening
the file? I noticed that it opens to whatever page was open when last saved
but I want it to always open to the first sheet regardless. Any ideas?

Thank you in advance,
Joe

0
Joe8987 (4)

Use the Workbook_open event in ThisWorkbook module or an auto_open macro in
a regular module
sub auto_open()
sheets("mysheet").select
end sub

--
Don Guillett
SalesAid Software
"Joe" <Joe@home.com> wrote in message
> Hello,
>
>  Is there a way to get a workbook to default to a certain tab when opening
> the file? I noticed that it opens to whatever page was open when last
saved
> but I want it to always open to the first sheet regardless. Any ideas?
>
> Thank you in advance,
> Joe

0
Don
4/23/2004 2:52:46 PM
Thanks guys, worked like a charm!

"Joe" <Joe@home.com> wrote in message
> Hello,
>
>  Is there a way to get a workbook to default to a certain tab when opening
> the file? I noticed that it opens to whatever page was open when last
saved
> but I want it to always open to the first sheet regardless. Any ideas?
>
> Thank you in advance,
> Joe

0
Joe8987 (4)
4/23/2004 3:32:14 PM
glad to help

--
> Thanks guys, worked like a charm!
>

> "Joe" <Joe@home.com> wrote in message
> > Hello,
> >
> >  Is there a way to get a workbook to default to a certain tab when
opening
> > the file? I noticed that it opens to whatever page was open when last
> saved
> > but I want it to always open to the first sheet regardless. Any ideas?
> >
> > Thank you in advance,
> > Joe

0
Don

Disable Customize toolber tabs
Dear All, I want to disable Customize toolbar tabs.see the scren shot i attachment. what is the code to disable the Tabs. please help me... Regards, Amar.. +------------------------------------------------------------------- |Filename: Disable Customize toolber tabs.doc |Download: http://www.excelforum.com/attachment.php?postid=3934 +------------------------------------------------------------------- -- aredd ----------------------------------------------------------------------- areddy's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&use...

Publisher 2000

Problem trying to open old money file

change default outlook folder name
can I changed the default outlook folder names? like Sent Items, Deleted Items, Junk E-Mail etc. because I'm connecting to a IMAP server which has it's own set of folders for the exact same functionality. it's very annoy to have two sets of folders, and I can't seem to change these on the IMAP end, so how I can change the Outlook folders to match my IMAP server, if it's possible. thanks! you can't change the default names. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart...

opening links in outlook

Email with tiny attachments open slow

Need an open house sign in sheet

opening links

cannot open excel file from outlook

EXCEL Files open Slow

Default Meeting Times
I am trying to re-set the default meeting times to either 25 minutes or 55 minutes. I am working on implementing processes whereby people are given 5 minutes in between meetings for whatever reason and it is to easy to default to the 30 and 60 minute time frames. Is this possible? "Stacey" <Stacey@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4344BCCF-018D-44A2-9FED-0D0695B101A5@microsoft.com... >I am trying to re-set the default meeting times to either 25 minutes or 55 > minutes. I am working on implementing processes whereby people are given 5 > ...

Opening a second mdb file from an open mdb file
I have two mdb files (one used for general department use and the other for detailed reporting). For ease of maintenance, I'd like to keep these mdb files separate, but I would like to have the ability to open the second mdb file from the general dept Access program. Is there an exisitng macro or VBA code I could use to accomplish this task? Thanks for your help. Sure, you can easily just shell out to another app: http://www.mvps.org/access/api/api0018.htm or even create a hyperlink that opens the file. Just create a label, go to the property sheet and enter a path in the hype...

Directory Open
Hi, I would like to create a Button which opens a dialog box, not to open a file but to open a directory. How should I do it? I thought of using CFileDialog but it does not allow for opening just a directory and not a file. I just want to read in the user selection of directory and the file name will be set in my application. Thanks! On Wed, 17 Dec 2003 22:15:36 -0800, Dave wrote: > I would like to create a Button which opens a dialog box, > not to open a file but to open a directory. > > How should I do it? > I thought of using CFileDialog but it does not allow for ...

Excel won't open in Office XP
Hi all, I have had a problem for the last few weeks opening up my Excel files When I try to open the files, a Window Installer dialouge box appear looking for the Office XP Professional Disk. My Office was preinstalle by my school, which is now complete. If I cancel the Window Installer consectutive times it leaves my new Excel document open and I can work Does anyone know what I need to configure to have Excel open up normall again ? Appreciate all the help I can get. Thanks, 'Kusty' (kusty@accesscomm.ca -- kust --------------------------------------------------------------------...

I do not have Excel on my computer. How do I open an attachment w.
How do I open an attachment in my e- mail with an XLS file, if I do not have Excel installed on my computer? My model is Windows XP Home. You can use the free viewer available from microsoft web site that only allows viewing. Or, you can find a copy of open office/star office that allows you to import excel files. -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "Kathy" <Kathy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CF00A029-F488-4D1D-8257-B55F4E96A681@microsoft.com... > How do I open an attachment in my e- mail with an XLS file, if I do not have > Excel ins...

Open File IF Not Opened
Goodmorning! I was looking for someone who could tell me how I could make a Macro Appliction open files only when there not opened. When a file is allready opened it should be left at alone. When a file is being opened, this file should be granted the opportunity to update it's pivot tables and carry out any external links. I hope someone has the answer! Thanks in advance! Here's some code that might help. It tests whether a file is open: if it is it activates it, otherwise it opens the file. If IsWindowOpen(lStr_FileName) Then Windows(lStr_FileName).Activate ...

i have a pps file that i cant open what do i need to open it with
i recieved a few pitures and cant open then because they are a pps file what do i need to open them with???? Certainly not Excel. Those are PowerPoint files. You can download a PP viewer from here. http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=428D5727-43AB-4F24-90B7-A94784AF71A4&displaylang=en Note instructions for download and installation. Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Fri, 29 Sep 2006 10:44:02 -0700, Marty <Marty@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >i recieved a few pitures and cant open then because they are a pps file what >do i need to open them with??...

Cant open investment center money 2001 deluxe
Two possibly related problems. Error from bank that holds investments -- money says internet connection error "OFXIE12029" When I try to open investments center or click on portfolio money crashes. I have tried the knowledge base fix for corrupt accounts but since the first instruction is to open the investing center or click on portfolio I am stuck. BTW -- does Bill Gates care? Someone had this error the other day, and it was due to their bank blocking their IP address. See also http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;312818 A connection error to the bank. ...

This tab has been recovered
I posted here a little while ago on this subject of the error message "This tab has been recovered" with IE8 but, unfortunately there was no resolution. I have just come across another (presumably associated) problem when viewing planefinder.net in which the display was corrupted. I therefore installed Mozilla Firefox and both problems have gone away. From my small experience Firefox seems to be better than IE but Microsoft Update wont run under Firefox so I will continue to have to run two browsers - although I don't really want to. Any comments? Regards. ...