Opening Multiple files in separate Excel folders

Can this be done?
0
anonymous (74718)

Hi
what do you mean with 'separate Excel folders'?

--
Regards
Frank Kabel

Paul Dunn wrote:
> Can this be done?
0
frank.kabel (11126)
4/8/2004 6:32:07 PM
Yes.

Dim aryFiles
Dim oFSO

Sub LoopFolders()
Dim i As Integer

    selectFiles "c:\MyTest"

    Set oFSO = Nothing

End Sub

'---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sub selectFiles(sPath)
'---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dim Folder As Object
Dim Files As Object
Dim file As Object
Dim fldr

    Set Folder = oFSO.GetFolder(sPath)

    For Each fldr In Folder.Subfolders
        selectFiles fldr.Path
    Next fldr

    For Each file In Folder.Files
        If file.Type = "Microsoft Excel Worksheet" Then
            Workbooks.Open Filename:=file.Path
        End If
    Next file

End Sub

--

HTH

Bob Phillips

"Paul Dunn" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Can this be done?

0
bob.phillips1 (6510)
4/8/2004 6:49:54 PM
I have separate folders set up for each customer.  In
those folders are the files.  I would like to open three
of my customers files without going to each folder and
opening one, then going to the next one and opening it,
etc.  I've tried going to "My Computer" and highliting
each folder, but only the folders open, not Excel.

Thanks

0
anonymous (74718)
4/8/2004 6:50:06 PM
If it were important to me, I'd consider making a "master" workbook with a
worksheet that contains hyperlinks to each of the workbooks that I need to open.

=hyperlink("c:\my documents\excel\book1.xls")

If I had to open a bunch of them all the time, I'd put them in a list (say
A1:Axx of Sheet1).

And run a macro:

Option Explicit
Sub SaveACopy()

    Dim myRng As Range
    Dim myCell As Range
    Dim testStr As String

    With Worksheets("sheet1")
        Set myRng = .Range("a1", .Cells(.Rows.Count, "A").End(xlUp))

        For Each myCell In myRng.Cells
            If IsEmpty(myCell) Then
                'do nothing
            Else
                testStr = ""
                On Error Resume Next
                testStr = Dir(myCell.Value)
                On Error GoTo 0
                If testStr = "" Then
                    MsgBox myCell.Value & " Couldn't be opened"
                Else
                    Workbooks.Open Filename:=myCell.Value
                End If
            End If
        Next myCell
    End With

End Sub

(The info in A1:Axx contains the full path and filename.)

--

Dave Peterson
ec35720@msn.com

excel to get data from an access database
I need excel to get data from an access database similar to vlookup function from an excel table. In order to have only specific records copied to your Excel file, the query needs to include selection criteria (and sort order if necessary). Otherwise, all records get copied and you then need to create lookup formulas or use filters to restrict the set of record. If you are not familiar with Access queries, have someone who is create one for you as a stored query object in the database file. You can then use the Data>Import (Get) External Data and choose the query as your record sour...

What is an addin (in Excel) and how can we create one?
Hi, I want to know what an excel addin is and how to create an excel addin (not the method Save as .xla) for say, to check the occurances of an item. In Col A, several items are listed like item1, item2, item3 etc upto item10. Some items repeat more than once. Can an addin be created to check the no. of occurances of AN item in this list? If so how> Thank You Hi Shajueasow, See: http://www.fontstuff.com/vba/vbatut03.htm for a tutorial. --- Regards, Norman "shajueasow" <shajueasow@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9DC9E994-13FE-4FFA-957E-10...

custom chart - variable axis
I have a pivot table that has the below fields month team and data sets for match win % game win % winnings and would like to have a separate chart created for each team on the same page without having to manually create each chart. I can create a single chart easily, with the win % items on the left axis, month on the bottom and winnings on the right axis. I have created a customer chart type for this, although I have to manually change the chart type when data is refreshed. I would like to have Excel automatically create all of the charts, and adjust the axis according to the ...

Excel 2000 question.
Hello, Group: I am looking to run a macro that pauses for input. For example to bend metal, I would like to have the macro ask for number of bends, then continue in the computation. Thanks, --tj Dim numBends As Long On Error Resume Next numBends = InputBox("Number of bends") On Error GoTo 0 If numBends > 0 Then 'rest of code End If -- __________________________________ HTH Bob <techjohnny@gmail.com> wrote in message news:66a3c982-1496-4d73-8284-0a630e498706@l42g2000hsc.googlegroups.com... > Hello, Group: > > I am looking ...

Publisher 2000

opening links in outlook

excel as a database #2
Is there a limit to how many text characters that can go into a cell? Phill Yes 32,767 characters, approx 1,024 visible in the cell -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom (No private emails please, for everyone's benefit keep the discussion in the newsgroup/forum) "Phill" <phill.hudson@btinternet.com> wrote in message news:ccesl0$g3u$1@titan.btinternet.com... > Is there a limit to how many text characters that can go into a cell? > > Phill > > Phill, A cell can hold 32K characters, but only about 1K will be visible. -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MV...

OL 2003 .nk2 file clears on reboot
We have a client machine whose NK2 file is cleared on reboot. We have tried creating deleting the nk2 file to have OL create a new one, created a new OL profile with no luck. When we copied another users nk2 file to his directory and renamed it to his profile the data is picked up, but no new address are stored. outlook writes to the file when it closes - so it seems outlook is not closing correctly. is there a pda or an application using outlook data? if so, close it first. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Need Help with Common Tasks? h...

Problem trying to open old money file

amalgamating archive files
I have several archive files and I'd like to combine them into a single one. Is there a way to do this? Thanks. Howie ...

Email with tiny attachments open slow

Need an open house sign in sheet

cannot open excel file from outlook

SheetName (Application.Caller.Parent.Name) Forces Excel to Save File
I have a VBA function in Excel that I have been using for years that will display the sheet name in a cell. The VBA function is as follows: Function SheetName() As String Application.Volatile SheetName = Application.Caller.Parent.Name End Function This works great. However, I have found that if I am using this function if I open a worksheet and not change anything Excel will prompt me if I want to save the worksheet if I have not made any changes. Why is this happening and is there a way to prevent this from happening? Thanks, Mike The problem may be Application.Volitile If ...

opening links

Update complete excel file online
Dear all, Hope you can help me with this problem. An excel file is updated on a daily basis and can only be found on the internet. The basic format of this file is always the same, the only changing aspect is the data. How, or if even possible, could I implement something (e.g. a button?) which automatically implements the updated sheet from the Internet. I am really looking forward to hearing from you. Thanks a lot and best regards, ...

using my Money 2005 file on two different computers
I use MS Money 2005 for my personal financle data. My Money file lives on my computer. I want to have my bookkeeper enter data into this file. I want to be able to have her work on the data from her computer which is networked to my computer. We have tried opening the file from her computer over the network with no sucess. We can see the file but the password does not work. We have tried burning the file to a CD but when we try to open the file from her computer we can get the password to work. The same thing that happens when we try to restore a backup on her computer. We tried usi...

Best file recovery program?
I need a good file recovery program that will run both under Vista and Win 7. It needs to be able to salvage files both deleted and those lost because of disc errors. It also needs to be able to work with both internal and external hard discs, and all flavors of CD and DVD. Any recommendations? Most of the ones that allow you to download a trial have crippled to trial so much that it's really hard to judge them. Incidentally, I ran the free Recuva on a DVD-RW; I started it at 12:30 PM and at 5:30 AM (17 hours later) it showed 89% complete, and at 8:00 it had stopped with th...

Exchange Public Folders W/OUT CLASSIC?
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0019_01C3D9EE.0890D860 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable I keep hearing that there is a new version of Mac Office coming out that = will run on OS X and have full native support for Exchange Public folder = use in outlook...Any word on this? --=20 Scott McDonald ------=_NextPart_000_0019_01C3D9EE.0890D860 Content-Type: text/html; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Tr...