Opening in Same Cell

How do I make my worksheet open in the next row available?  I have a 3000+
row file and every time I open it, it reverts to row 2926.

Without any macro help, the workbook should open in the same location that it
was last saved.

But with macro help, you can make it do what you want:

Option Explicit
sub Auto_Open()
  dim NextCell as range
  with worksheets("sheet99")
      set nextcell = .cells(.rows.count,"A").end(xlup).offset(1,0)
  end with
  application.goto nextcell, scroll:=true
end sub

I used sheet99 and the bottom of column A.  Change these to what you want.

--

Dave Peterson
0

IF COUNTIF & COUNTA on Filtered Visible Cells #4
Hi Aladin, Thank you for assistance. Unfortunately, the Formula is not retrieving the correct results and also at the end of your Formula: =SUMPRODUCT(SUBTOTAL(3,OFFSET(Vrange,ROW(Vrange)-MIN(ROW(Vrange)),,1)),--(Vrange="Rome")) (Vrange="Rome")) I need to test for more than one text criteria for which I have tried using an array but the results are still incorrect. The Formulae below tells me how frequently the ROOMS are being used by different Groups of people and with the aide of the Formula in the Helper Column how long they have not been used. My Helper Column &...

Getting text to appear in another cell
Hi, I am using Excel 2003. There maybe a simple solution for this, but being very new to Excel I am struggling a bit and would be grateful for any help. I am developing a horse tracking spreadsheet. What I want to do is create a formula that does the following: If I input "W" into cell, say J6, I want the character "L" to automatically show up in J5 and J7. Likewise, if I input "W" into J5, I would want the character "L" automatically inserted into J6 and J7 and the same goes for a "W" into J7, the character "L" would be automati...

Publisher 2000

opening links in outlook

Problem trying to open old money file

Email with tiny attachments open slow

Count rows that match criteria in 2 different column cell ranges
I have a spreadsheet that lists all customer orders for the year - each order is a row. I need to count the number of orders per customer per month. I'm having trouble figuring out what formula to use to count the number of rows in which the customer column (a range named "customer") = "xxx" and the month column (a range named "month") = 1 (for January). I've tried several combinations of things and keep getting errors. I've tried ROWS, COUNTIF, IF with COUNTIFs and/or ROWS, etc. to the point that I'm thoroughly confused. I'm sure th...

Need an open house sign in sheet

how to copy visible cells data only.
i need to copy only the data that is visible and want to ignore the hidden cells data. can any one help thanks, immu Try .. Press F5 > Special > Visible Cells only > OK Then copy > paste to destination sheet -- Rgds Max xl 97 --- GMT+8, 1� 22' N 103� 45' E xdemechanik <at>yahoo<dot>com ---- <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:922d01c4d2ac$f9fa6100$a601280a@phx.gbl... > i need to copy only the data that is visible and want to > ignore the hidden cells data. can any one help > > thanks, > > immu ...

opening links

cannot open excel file from outlook

Validating sum of 2 cells, same row
Hi- I have created a row with 2 categories and 2 numerical selection lists The numerical selection list represents a % allocation and goes fro 0-100 in increments of 5 and the goal is to apply a percent of tim spent on activities in each category. The sum of the two %allocatio cells should equal 100 - is there a way to confirm/validate this befor the user leaves the row?? eg Row 1 Category 1 %allocation Category2 %allocation Row 2 Activity 1 0-100 (selection list) Activity 2 0-100(selection list) Thanks -Ji -- jgkoci ------------------------------------...

increase numbered cell by
How do I get a control box to increase in increments of one when it is pushed. I have created an invoice, but I need control over the numbering. ( I don't want it to assign a number every time I print or save it. Create a textbox with your starting invoice number in it. Then use this code. It increments the texbox value by 1 each time it is double clicked, but has the advantage that you can select the textbox and edit it manually if you double click by mistake. Enter the cell reference you want your invoice number is as the Linked Cell in the textbox properties. Private Sub TextBo...

EXCEL Files open Slow

Opening a second mdb file from an open mdb file
I have two mdb files (one used for general department use and the other for detailed reporting). For ease of maintenance, I'd like to keep these mdb files separate, but I would like to have the ability to open the second mdb file from the general dept Access program. Is there an exisitng macro or VBA code I could use to accomplish this task? Thanks for your help. Sure, you can easily just shell out to another app: http://www.mvps.org/access/api/api0018.htm or even create a hyperlink that opens the file. Just create a label, go to the property sheet and enter a path in the hype...

Cell Comments #4
To Whom... Is possible to search for data in comments? When I search in Excel, it only find data in the cells. -- dmm129 Thanks, that was simple! -- dmm129 "Gary''s Student" wrote: > When you pull-down Edit > Find be sure you tell it to LOOKIN comments. > -- > Gary''s Student > > > "dmm129" wrote: > > > To Whom... > > > > Is possible to search for data in comments? When I search in Excel, it only > > find data in the cells. > > -- > > dmm129 When you pull-down Edit > Find be sure ...

Directory Open
Hi, I would like to create a Button which opens a dialog box, not to open a file but to open a directory. How should I do it? I thought of using CFileDialog but it does not allow for opening just a directory and not a file. I just want to read in the user selection of directory and the file name will be set in my application. Thanks! On Wed, 17 Dec 2003 22:15:36 -0800, Dave wrote: > I would like to create a Button which opens a dialog box, > not to open a file but to open a directory. > > How should I do it? > I thought of using CFileDialog but it does not allow for ...

Excel won't open in Office XP
Hi all, I have had a problem for the last few weeks opening up my Excel files When I try to open the files, a Window Installer dialouge box appear looking for the Office XP Professional Disk. My Office was preinstalle by my school, which is now complete. If I cancel the Window Installer consectutive times it leaves my new Excel document open and I can work Does anyone know what I need to configure to have Excel open up normall again ? Appreciate all the help I can get. Thanks, 'Kusty' (kusty@accesscomm.ca -- kust --------------------------------------------------------------------...

printing cell contents
Hi, I need to print the worksheet but i want to print not the values but the formulas that each cell contains. Could you pls tell me how to do it? <Ctrl>+<`> That second key is a reverse apostrophe - found over the Tab key, and to the left of number 1. Then just print. -- HTH, RD ============================================== Please keep all correspondence within the Group, so all may benefit! ============================================== "Kostas" <arko@excite.com> wrote in message news:062501c37871$fba9e980$a001280a@phx.gbl... Hi, I need to print the works...