opening files on network problem

i am running excel 2002 on windows xp pro and my server is
2000.  when ever i open an excel file up on the xp
machine, it opens two instances on the server.  then if i
close the files and go to reopen it says the file is
already open as it only closes 1 instance on the server.
this is only happening with excel and not with word or
access docs.

any ideas ????
0
sarashb (1)

Publisher catelog merge- cannot open data source file
whether I try to open the source file or open a new one, I get the message: operation cannot be completed becasue of dialog or database engine failures. Please try again later. Troubleshooting advice suggestd to undate the engine from Windows update - can't find it. Does anyone have more specific troubleshooting advice? This article has a solution: You receive a "The operation cannot be completed because of dialog or data base engine failures" error message when you try to perform a mail merge by using an Outlook 2003 contact folder in Publisher 2003 http://support.mic...

BACKING UP OUTLOOK CONTACT INFO
My computer was having problems and I had to remove my hardrive and put it in another tower and so I am in the process of backing up all my data. I was trying to backup my Outlook contact/address book but am not sure how to do that? I can't open up Outlook anymore in the new tower it is givine me some error message that its not setup for the right user or something like that So I was wondering if anyone knew the NAME of the file or files that contains all that contact info for Outlook. And how to I import that later on. Thank you. All Outlook data is in one file. Outlook has ...

Auto Refresh on Opening
Created an Excel spreadsheet that runs an Access database query and loads the results into a cell. Problem - I want the data automatically refreshed (from Access)when I activate the spreadsheet in Excel. How/Where do I "code" for Excel to "refresh" before showing me the first worksheet. (Don't want to see a prompt - just want to get the latest data without having to click data refresh.) Thanks. Hi Sonya, > Created an Excel spreadsheet that runs an Access database > query and loads the results into a cell. > > Problem - I want the data automatica...

EXCEL PROBLEM
I OFTEN MAKE FORMS AND SPREAD SHEETS FOR OUR OFFICE USING EXCEL. THIS HAS NEVER HAPPENED BEFORE. I AM GETTING "NOT ENOUGH" POP UP BOX WHEN TRYING TO MAKE A NEW SPREAD SHEET TODAY. THE FULL MESSAGE IS "NOT ENOUGH SYSTEM RESOURCES TO DISPLAY COMPLETELY. PLEASE TELL ME THAT THIS THING IS NOT GOING TO CRASH AND I AM ABOUT TO LOSE ALL OF MY WORK. CAN SOMEONE HELP? I AM USING 97 VERSION. THANKS, JENNIFER There are a few things that can be the cause of this ... You have too many applications open. You need to clean out your temp files... You need to do a scan disk and poss...

CrystalAPS problem
I have recently reinstalled my CRM 1.2 software and attached them to an existing set of databases. The installation completed correctly but when I reboot the server the Crystal_CrystalAPS service is not started and I have the following two errors in the event log, firstly... Event Type: Error Event Source: Crystal_CrystalAPS Event Category: Services Event ID: 35101 Date: 01/02/2005 Time: 16:45:19 User: N/A Computer: QSI-UK-CRM Description: The root server reported an error Initialization Failure. (Reason: Unable to connect to the database using the provided connection string. Reason: ...

opening a lot of files
I have an installation of excel 2003 that for some reason is opening all kinds of files when it opens. As far as I can tell it is opening all visible files on the root of C drive at the moment. Any ideas on what would cause this or how can I fix its? It sounds like you set C:\ as the Alternate StartUp Directory. (Maybe you meant to use C:\ as the Default File Location instead?) Try this From the Excel main menu: <tools><options><General tab> Clear the entry in: "At startup, open all file in" Does that help? *********** Regards, Ron XL2002, WinXP "fire...

File transfer problems
I am moving excel files from one computer to another. They both have Office 2000 installed. One has 98 the other XP. I used the files transfer wizard, and also moved them manually. When I open the file on the new computer all of the pages have been changed. It seems the heighth of all of the rows has shrunk because what used to fill a page completely, now has a space at the bottom. Please help, I have 6 years of data that now looks goofy...Thanks Hi One reason could be the resolution of your screen. Maybe it is at a different setting on your new PC. Go to Control Panel / Display t...

Corrupt File Not Opening
Hi there I am in desperate need of help. I have been working on a project for school using Microsoft Project. Today when I tried opening my file I had these message pop up. I have tried opening a new document to Insert the Project, but that still did not work. Any solutions? 10836 +-------------------------------------------------------------------+ |Filename: Error.JPG | |Download: http://forums.techarena.in/attachment.php?attachmentid=10836| +-------------------------------------------------------------------+ -...

mdf file date wrong
I hvae a client that has the log and the data file in the same place for years. Same drive, same folder, etc. )I know it's a good idea to put the log elsewhere but it's not necessary here). Anyway, my question is regarding the date of the mdf file. THis is in SQL 2000 running on Windows Server 2003. Everything is up to date. We're moving things over to SQL 2005 so I was going to do some testing last night when I noticed the date on the log file was 1/10/2010 but the date on the data file is 11/15/2009 11:57 AM. Their office has been up and running this morning for a f...

XLSX File won't open...
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel My XLSX file will not open in excel or numbers. When I try to open it it says &quot;the file might have been damaged or modified from its original format&quot;. How do I open it? I had it saved on my desktop, no where else. I accidentally tried to open it with &quot;Archive Utility&quot; (when I right clicked on the file) and it created another alias, but in a .Zip format. <br><br>This file is HUGELY important...how do I get it back &amp; be able to open it Hi, first of all, can...

Microsoft Online Seminars: Prepare Publisher 2003 Files for Commercial Printing
The following link takes you to a series of seminars for Commercial Printers that demonstrate to how to properly and successfully process Publisher 2003 files for professional output. http://www.microsoft.com/Seminar/MMCFeed/MMCDisplay.asp?Lang=en&Product=103384 -- Brian Kvalheim Microsoft Publisher MVP http://www.mvps.org/publisher This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. ...

Problems with mail enabled security groups
Exchange 2003 EE SP1 Windows 2003 SP1 Hi at All, we have the following problems sending emails to mail enabled security groups. For example we have one security group like v_abt_de_g_w wich is mail enabled. The member of this group is an other security group with some user accounts. After sending an email to this mail enabled group the email dosn't reach its target. On Exchange Message Tracking Center you can see the following Entries : SMTP : Message submitteed to advanced queing SMTP: Starting message submission to advanced queue SMTP: Message submitted to categorizer But when ...

Certain file will not open
please can someone help me, i have just migrated to vista business ultimate and use office 2007, when i now try to open certain files in Excel both in the the new .format and .xls some will not open and the program freezes, i need to sort out urgently any help greatly appreciated If you are using the 'double-click on file name' method of opening a file many people are having a problem with it taking a very long time. Until/if MS fixes it your best bet is to open a file from within Excel. -- Jim "Auz" <Auz@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6D921...

Cannot open Email!
Outlook launches okay, but when I try to open an email I receive an error message "OUTLOOK caused an invalid page fault in module OUTLLIB.DLL at 017f:3a51b026".I tried uninstalling OFFICE 2000 and reinstalling it, but have the same problem. I upgraded to Outlook 2002 and I am receiving the same message. I ran scanpst on my pst file and found no problems. Can someone please help me? Christie bashed at the keyboard and said: > Outlook launches okay, but when I try to open an email I > receive an error message "OUTLOOK caused an invalid page > fault in module OUT...

Unable to open your default e-mail folders...
While attempting to move the .pst file to another computer, I missed the step advising to make a copy of this file to work with. When I cleared the file's Read-Only attribute the machine freaked and re-booted. When I tried to go back into Outlook I got the error box that said... "Unable to open your default e-mail folders. File access is denied. You do not have the permission required to access the C:\Documents and Settings\ {name}\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\ Outlook\Outlook.pst" Is the .pst file retrievable? Can I do some...

PDF File Download
I want to offer on my website free downloadable documents that are in PDF format. What is the best way to set up a "Click Here" and the file is downloaded automatically in FP? Thank you and Merry Christmas! Tom Tom wrote: > I want to offer on my website free downloadable documents > that are in PDF format. > > What is the best way to set up a "Click Here" and the > file is downloaded automatically in FP? > > Thank you and Merry Christmas! > > Tom I fail to see what this has to do with Publisher - especially if you're using FrontPage. ...

Hyperlink opens to IE home page rather than actual link
Affecting Outlook 2003, Windows XP SP3: Several users are attempting to follow a link embedded in Outlook. After clicking the link, they are prompted to "Locate link browser". They can browse to the IE executable without problems. If they try to follow the link again, IE will open to their home page, but not to the link itself. Further, if they hover over the link it states "blocked::yadayadayada" Any ideas? lisansaunders wrote: > Affecting Outlook 2003, Windows XP SP3: Several users are attempting to > follow a link embedded in Outlook. After c...

error: An open operation on table "SY_Pathnames" has caused an unknown error (161)
Hi Friends, I have a Windows 2000 Server and MS Great Plains Dynamics installed on Pervesive SQL Server running on the same hardware machine. The machine also had Exchange 2000 Server. The Exchange 2000 was moved to another machine and uninstalled. The problem: After the uninstallation of Exchange 2000, the Great plains users are getting the following error "An open operation on the table "SY_Pathnames" has caused an unknown error (161)". i.e. only one user can login to the Great Plains application at a time. Currently they have a license for 4 users, but only on...

Data file did not close properly #2
I have read all kinds of solutions to this error. Has any thing difinitive been offered that solves the problem. Appreciated Jerry There isnt a difinative solution as the problem can be caused by a number of differing things "Jerry" <jerry@home.home> wrote in message news:eRfw6Cs1IHA.5300@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl... >I have read all kinds of solutions to this error. Has any thing difinitive >been offered that solves the problem. Appreciated > > Jerry > "Jerry" <jerry@home.home> wrote in message news:eRfw6Cs1IHA.5300@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl...

error on opening outlook XP
I had to reinstall and now when I open I contantly get the following Microsoft Outlook Can't load speech recognition files. Microsoft Outlook cannot install the necessary files due to Windows installer error 1606. Feature ID not registered. I have checked in Knowledge base and have not been able to find anything. Any help would be greatly appreciated. ...

Access programming and Open Office Calc
Hi I have written a large application in Access 2003. In some parts of the system I have coded it to output reports to Excel. The problem is, I distribute this application to 50 pcs and not all of them have Excel installed. I was hoping to re-write the application to output to Open Office Calc. Is there VB script anywhere to give me pointers on how to do this? Please help. If Im right off track here, can you sudjest any other ways of running an application which outputs to Excel but only when Excel is present. Thanks in advance To be honest I've never encountered a computer that had A...

Installer Problems
Hi! I had Money 2002 on my computer. I "downloaded" the Money 2004 "trial". (I have decided to purchase it soon anyway.) My question: Everytime I "click on" my Money icon on desktop, the Windows Installer trys to install it again and I can't just open money. Then a pop up comes up & says "please insert Money 2004 CD". Is there anyway around this? Especially the Windows Installer. Thanks Guys!! ...

LIst Ctrl Sorting Problem
Information:- ----------------- I have a ListCtrl object of REPORT style. I use LVcolumns to create the columns and LVITem to create the items of the list ctrl. I have implemented sorting of the items according to the columns. that is if there are 3 columns and i click the first column,data of items of the list ctrl get sorted in ascending order ordered by first column. on selecting each item i have to display a corresponding image. Problem: ------------ now the problem is after sorting the items, i loose track of original indexes of the items. hence images are not displayed in the same order...

Blank e-mail problem
Using OL 2003 w/ Winxp. Recently, a few of my associates have told me that they have received my e-mails when I reply back to them, but then they open them up, and there is nothing in the body? What settings did I change, or did I pickup a virus? Thanks, RED anglirich <anglirich@lexcominc.net> wrote: > Using OL 2003 w/ Winxp. > > Recently, a few of my associates have told me that they have received > my e-mails when I reply back to them, but then they open them up, and > there is nothing in the body? > > What settings did I change, or did I pickup a viru...

Problem accessing multiple shared calendars
When a new user profile is first created on the computer for the user they can access as many shared Calendars as they have access too. The user exits outlook and starts it up again, they can only access one calendar in addition to their own. They open one calendar, then when the try to access another they get the message "The Calendar Folder Can not be found". If the user exits and restarts outlook once again, they can access their calendar, and they can then access the calendar they just got the error message on previous, but they can not access any others. Basically the...