Opening Excel #5

When opening excel 10 different audio files have attached
themselves to the start of each file. It's like the New Cd
with Rod Stewart have transferred to excel.
0
anonymous (74722)

When launched, XL opens (or attempts to open) all files in your XLStart
directory and, if an additional folder is designated, the files in
Tools>Options>General Tab>At startup, open all file in___.

Most users leave this option blank and remove all non-essential files from
XLStart.

--
Greeting from the Gulf Coast!
http://myweb.cableone.net/twodays
"GOLFBALL49" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> When opening excel 10 different audio files have attached
> themselves to the start of each file. It's like the New Cd
> with Rod Stewart have transferred to excel.

0
twodays (259)

Exchange 5.5 restore to windows 2000
Current Platform: Windows NT4 sp6a Exchange 5.5 sp4 enterprise Future Platform: Windows 2000 sp4 Advanced exchange 5.5 sp4 enterprise I have new hardware though I need to stay with Exchange 5.5. I would like to backup my existing information store and directory and restore to the new server. The netbios names are the same though after the restore the directory will not start. I am wondering if this is even possible since the OS's are different. I have searched all newsgroups and the web and have come up completely empty. Any thoughts would be great. Thank you, Adam Depends upon th...

want Know Excel deeply
Hi, I am prince, n i want to know some commend in excel EggHeadCafe - Software Developer Portal of Choice Generic GetXmlReader Data Access Method http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials/aspnet/4b9d6e1c-abe2-4f4d-9abd-b6ebb3575e5e/generic-getxmlreader-data.aspx Here's a few websites that you can work your way through: http://www.cpearson.com/excel/topic.aspx http://www.contextures.com/tiptech.html http://www.datapigtechnologies.com/ExcelMain.htm http://www.xldynamic.com/source/xld.html http://www.mcgimpsey.com/excel/index.html http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/excel.htm There are ...

messages opening when highlighting them
Office XP; when an email arrives that has a virus, the user right-clicks the message to delete it. Immediately the message opens. Trend ScanMail is catching the viruses so that's not a problem, but why would the emails open automatically like that? Autopreview is turned off. ...

drawing in excel
how do you set up grid for drawing in excel you mean a grid to snap to? excel doesn't do that "gg" wrote: > how do you set up grid for drawing in excel ...

Wrong format of Excel 97 file on Excel 2000
Dear When I use Office 2000 to open a Excel 97 file, the format of the file will be different from the original one. some word will add space ....some data move to next column any solution or reference to solve it ? thx Gary I don't think it's because of the difference between versions of excel. xl2k should open xl97 with no problem. If you start excel in safe mode Windows Start Button|Run Excel /safe then open your file, do you get the same results? (I don't have a better suggestion.) Gary wrote: > > Dear > > When I use Office 2000 to open a Excel 97 ...

Linking Excel to a Word Document
I have created a rather extensive Excel program and I have also written a "Users' Manual" in Word to help people using the program. I have been working on trying to put a link in the Excel document to open up the Users' Manual when it is clicked. This works well, except the link must be re-created every time I put the program on a new computer. Is there any way to attached the word file to the Excel file in a way that this link will not break down when I put it on a new computer. One final note, the Word document is 50 some pages long so it is not possible to simpl...

behavioral science stats w/Excel book?
I am looking for a book to help psychology students use Excel for statistical analyses, like t-tests, ANOVAs, regressions, chi-squares. Any suggestions? patsy lou - >I am looking for a book to help psychology students use Excel for >statistical analyses, like t-tests, ANOVAs, regressions, chi-squares. Any >suggestions?< My book, Data Analysis Using Microsoft Excel: Updated for Office XP, covers those topics (with 4 or 5 chapters on regression, including time series models), but the examples are business-oriented. - Mike www.mikemiddleton.com ...

Excel combinatorics/replace problem
Hello all, I`m having a bit of trouble with the following problem. I have a larg table (6000 plus rows) of this form: x1 x4 x6 x8 x5 x2 x1 x9 x23 x11 x3 x9 x1 x44 x18 x101 x2 .............. I want all the values, i.e. xn, to be present in the table ONLY in th row in which they occupy the first column. In other words, for x1 fo example, I would like to delete all x1`s other than those in the firs row. Since I`m dealing with a large table (and they`ll get larger) it` very impractical to replace them one by one. Does anyone have an ide how to do this faster ? Thanks in advance! Arnold B Nag...

MS Excel VBA Pivot table link cell fetch records
I have a table 'tbl_Final' in MS Access 2007 where the data is used and cached in a pivot table found in the 'Data' worksheet in MS Excel 2007. In this MS Excel 2007 workbook, I have various worksheets reports which links to the pivot table values found 'Data' worksheet. I linked formulae in one of the cells found the worksheet reports, looks like this: =GETPIVOTDATA("Amount",Data!$B$4,"Month", 2,"Year","2008","Scenario","Budget") Lets say the cell value total is: 1000 So, In pivot: 1000 ...

Address Book
Just transferred from Eudora 5.2 to Outlook 2003, so I have a string of questions on how the address book works in Outlook. Q2 When I try to open the Address Book in Outlook I can't, and get error messages like: "the address list could not be displayed. The Contacts folder associated with this address list could not be openned. It may have been moved of deleted, or you do not have permissions. For informationon how to remove this folder from the Outlook Address Book, see Microsoft Office Outlook Help" ....That appears when I try to open it from the drop down "Tools&q...

To-Do List template does not open from MS site. I need it.
Microsoft Online templates: To-do list for projects does not open!!! I use XP; there should not be a problem. I tried several other templates. Some work. Some don't. Is it MS or is it me. ...

Unknown crashing in Excel 2000
I'm having a frustrating problem. I've dedicated a lot of work to spreadsheet in Excel 2000 (SR-1) and suddenly it is crashing constantl for no reason. Typically it will crash when I do one of the followin (virtually anything other than just look at the screen): 1) modify a formula 2) drag a cell 3) type a number into a cell that was already populated 4) change a chart reference 5) rename a worksheet tab The crashing is unpredictable, but consistent (e.g. repeating the sam operation will continue to crash the file upon re-opening it). HOWEVER, THE FILE IS PERFECT IN EXCEL XP. No ...

excel 2000
I have been using Excel (Word prior to that - data transferred to Excel when advised that Word had problems) for over 2 years to store information (updated frequently) which has become corrupted (somehow) when viewed later. Apart from fixing these errors (when found) i am fighting a losing battle to maintain accuracy of my records. I have had to resort to using 'SAFE' mode to do so (which seems to be working) however, whilst in 'SAFE' mode i cannot access Mozilla Firefox (i've had Internet Explorer problems - slow response etc). Does anyone have a solution that will keep m...

Cannot open PDF file that is attached to digitally signed xls file as an object
Hello, I have some payment approval request xls file. In this document, there is a PDF file attached as object (invoice). As long as this document is not digitally signed, I can open the attached PDF file by clicking on its icon or first page preview. However, when first person sign this document, I am no longer able to open it I can only see the icon (or preview). I don't understand why. I just want to read what is in this PDF document, not change its content so it should not have any influence to digital signature. I tried the same in DOC - I attached PDF file as object to wor...

On Open
Can anyone help me out with this? I want a worksheet to preform these actions each time it opens: Automatically unhide any hidded rows (especially those hidden by the auto-filter feature). Then sort the entire worksheet based on one column (contents of the column). Thanks. -Ian Hi try the following: - record a macro while doing these actions manually - rename this recorded macro to 'Auto_Open()' -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Ian wrote: > Can anyone help me out with this? > > I want a worksheet to preform these actions each time it > opens: > &...

Excel and opening files
I don't know whether anyone can help. Is there a way of customising the quick launch tool bar on the left hand side of the box when you go "File" , "open" Thanks Yes, but it may require a manual registry edit. Go to the www.microsoft.com and search for userdefinedplaces. You can narrow it down further by adding the office version (eg 2000, 2003) -- Ian -- "Jon Scales" <JonScales@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E290EF7C-5A2A-4297-A874-8929640948E5@microsoft.com... >I don't know whether anyone can help. Is there a way of cu...

Excel import specification
I am trying to create an import from excel in Access2002. I can select the file I want using the Import. I tell it to import to existing table, first row has field names but there is no place to name the import spec for later use. Where is the spec stored so I can edit it. I have system and hidden objects displayed but there is no file named MSysIMEXSpecs. Any help would be appreciated. Mark On Thu, 1 Nov 2007 08:18:01 -0700, Osurfc wrote: > I am trying to create an import from excel in Access2002. I can select the > file I want using the Import. I tell it to import to existing t...

date problem--excel changing entry
I want date to show as 11/05/03 and not have to enter the / or a -. Have formatted cells to date and that but excel ix changing to a totally different date----7/19/06? You could use a macro that converts numeric entries to dates. Chip Pearson has shared his: http://www.cpearson.com/excel/DateTimeEntry.htm Or if you're consistent (leading 0's for days and months), you could format the column(s) as text, do your data entry and then use data|text to columns to convert them to real dates (choose mdy as the field type). D Blount wrote: > > I want date to show as 11/05/03 and...

excel version
i got a 500 mhz pent.3 gateway with windows 98 second edition and explorer 6.0. found an old version of excel for microsoft windows version 4.0. will i be able to load it okay and how is it compared to "excel 97"???? i will use it for basic entries etc. It will probably work. I'm afraid that's all the positive news there is. Excel5 was the first "modern" spreadsheet, with multiple sheets within a book, a procedural Macro language (not all users consider this an improvement, but it has become a standard), although it still is a 16-bit version. But that's ju...

open up excel in quattro pro?
I received an .xls spreadsheet. I don't have excel. Can I open it using quattro pro? DO I change the extension to .qpw? How do I open it? Never mind ladies and gents - I tried it and it worked. I got impatient. Sorry for any inconvenience. Zhawk "zhawk" wrote: > I received an .xls spreadsheet. I don't have excel. Can I open it using > quattro pro? DO I change the extension to .qpw? How do I open it? ...

Rounded Corners in Excel 2007 Not Working?!?!
Hi, I can't get rounded corners to work in Excel 2007: I make a chart I right click on Char Area I Select Format Chart Area A Dialogue Box Pops Up with the following Selections: - Fill - Border Color - Border Styles - Shadow - 3-D Format I select fill and fill the chart area with a color .. say blue I right click on chart area again and this time select Border Styles and the following options are available: - Width - Compound Type - Cap Type (drop down menu) - Join Type (drop down menu) - Arrow Settings I click Cap Type and a drop down menu appears with the following options: - Squa...

SPAM #5
Does anyone know a good spam filtering package that works on Exchange 5.5 and NT 4.0? ...

Excell Chart Embedded in Word
I have embedded several excel charts in MS Word. This is done by copying the Excel chart and then using the "paste special" option and choosing to paste it as an embedded object (not a link). I have had to do this for various formatting reasons and pasting it as a picture or a link caused too much time going back to excel to re-format so it would look good in Word. Now in word when you double click on the chart you can edit it just like if it was still in excel The problem (as I am sure you all will guess) is that the files in Word get very large. If the excel file from which a ...

Update Dynamics 7.5- Dynamics 9.0
Hi, Could you tell me where can I found the guide to update an the service packs necessary for this. Also, I'm looking for the 7.5 service packs. I was looking on the partner source but i didn't find nothing about it. Regards, CL Hi CI. I hope the link can provide help for you. https://mbs.microsoft.com/knowledgebase/KBDisplay.aspx?WTNTZSMNWUKNTMMYQLYTNSUKZPXKMUNVOOQQPYKWMZSXTNXSPXMSQVQRLLZSTLST ---Darryl Bajaro "Cl" wrote: > Hi, > > Could you tell me where can I found the guide to update an the service packs > necessary for this. > > Also, I...

V Lookup using a combo box in Excel 2003
I have a workbook with several sheets. What I am needing to do is use V Lookup to return the value in the second column referenced by the foms control combo box. The combo box references values on a sheet called "Frac" with a cell range of A1:B31 I am able to link the forms control combo box to return the index value to the column under the combo box, which is cell G7 on a worksheet called "Worksheet" What I cannot seem to do is get the second value to populate Cell G9 on the "Worksheet" with the value from the B1:B31 range on the Frac worksheet that correspo...