Opening Excel 2007 in Excel 2000

HELP! My new Windows 7 computer came with a trial version of Office 2007. I
did not want to buy 2007.  When I opened my old Excel files they opened in
XL2007 and I was asked to input product key. I did not , but proceeded to
update my spreadsheets and saved them as compatible with 97-2003 XL. Now the
trial period is over and I cannot modify these files--only view or print.
Any new data I download online open automatically in 2007 XL as do any
existing spreadsheets I open. How do I get downloads or existing spreadsheets
to open in the older version of XL  which I have installed on my new computer
and how can I access my modified files?

Start by taking some precautions:
Create a 'Restore Point'
Backup your Excel files

Then try uninstalling Office 2007 and after uninstalling and rebooting the
machine, then install your previous, earlier version of Office (Office 2000).
 Because Office 2000 knows nothing about Office 2007, it will overwrite any
related files/file associations and registry entries and you should be able
to use O2K as before.

If you already had Office 2000 on the machine before installing 2007, I'd
uninstall both, and then (after appropriate reboots) install 2000 cold again.

"glesgalady" wrote:

> HELP! My new Windows 7 computer came with a trial version of Office 2007. I
> did not want to buy 2007.  When I opened my old Excel files they opened in
> XL2007 and I was asked to input product key. I did not , but proceeded to
> update my spreadsheets and saved them as compatible with 97-2003 XL. Now the
> trial period is over and I cannot modify these files--only view or print.
> Any new data I download online open automatically in 2007 XL as do any
> existing spreadsheets I open. How do I get downloads or existing spreadsheets
> to open in the older version of XL  which I have installed on my new computer
> and how can I access my modified files?
THANK YOU!   It worked.  I am most appreciative--especially of your speedy
response.

"JLatham" wrote:

> Start by taking some precautions:
> Create a 'Restore Point'
> Backup your Excel files
>
> Then try uninstalling Office 2007 and after uninstalling and rebooting the
> machine, then install your previous, earlier version of Office (Office 2000).
>  Because Office 2000 knows nothing about Office 2007, it will overwrite any
> related files/file associations and registry entries and you should be able
> to use O2K as before.
>
> If you already had Office 2000 on the machine before installing 2007, I'd
> uninstall both, and then (after appropriate reboots) install 2000 cold again.
>
> "glesgalady" wrote:
>
> > HELP! My new Windows 7 computer came with a trial version of Office 2007. I
> > did not want to buy 2007.  When I opened my old Excel files they opened in
> > XL2007 and I was asked to input product key. I did not , but proceeded to
> > update my spreadsheets and saved them as compatible with 97-2003 XL. Now the
> > trial period is over and I cannot modify these files--only view or print.
> > Any new data I download online open automatically in 2007 XL as do any
> > existing spreadsheets I open. How do I get downloads or existing spreadsheets
> > to open in the older version of XL  which I have installed on my new computer
> > and how can I access my modified files?

excel to get data from an access database
I need excel to get data from an access database similar to vlookup function from an excel table. In order to have only specific records copied to your Excel file, the query needs to include selection criteria (and sort order if necessary). Otherwise, all records get copied and you then need to create lookup formulas or use filters to restrict the set of record. If you are not familiar with Access queries, have someone who is create one for you as a stored query object in the database file. You can then use the Data>Import (Get) External Data and choose the query as your record sour...

IMAP FOLDERS missing from tools menu in Office 2007
Hi I have set up my work email account on Outlook on my home laptop. 1st prob - During the setup it automatically was set to download all emails from the server to my laptop!!! So I now do not have my inbox on webmail, or outlook at work due to the mails no longer living on the server. I have deselected that option! 2nd prob - I have many subfolders in my inbox - I know that to see them I need to subscribe to IMAP folders - but the option to do that is missing from the Tools menu - What can I do? In theory, once I have enabled this - I can move all items from my inbox on my home lap...

How to create/embed table or existing Excel spreadsheet into Lotus Notes 6.5 email
I have been successful in creating and sending an email through Lotus Notes. However, I need to be able to format the body so that the message is more presentable. Currently, I filter a spreadsheet based on two named ranges and send an email to the SOX audit team member and copy the SOX control owner. I copy the values from selected columns on the visible rows and separate those values by tabs. However, the presentation is bad as the data is variable in length and therefore the alignment is not correct. I would like to learn how to create/embed either a table into the Lotus Notes email bo...

Office 07 Excel chart title position
I want my chart title to be positioned above the chart /plot area, can't do it. "above the chart" does not position the title above the chart, it leaves exactly where "centered overlay title" put it. Help please (& thank you) An option would be to use worksheet cells to add your title rather than using the chart itself. Using worksheet cells positioned directly over the top of your chart would allow you to control the title location as well as expand the area available for the plot. -- John Mansfield cellmatrix.net "Eve Allen" wrote: > I w...

Problem with Excel 2003 restricting functionality
I have MS Excel 2003 installed on my computer. When I open a new workbook and click on any cell, the pointer goes to a white cross or plus symbol. Then I am unable to do anything. I can move the mouse anywhere on the sheet and it highlights the cells that the pointer has gone over as if I am selecting a range/group of cells such as you would if you were going to delete them or clear contents. I try to right click and nothing happens. I move the pointer over the tool bar, it does nothing. I hit <ESC> and still nothing. The only thing that does anything is going into the task manage...

Application_Startup doesn't seem to work
I have the following code in Class1 code Option Explicit Public WithEvents objReminders As Outlook.Reminders Sub Initialize_handler() Set objReminders = Application.Reminders MsgBox "Reminder handler initialized" End Sub Private Sub objReminders_ReminderFire(ByVal ReminderObject As Reminder) With ReminderObject ' irelevant code removed .Item.Display MsgBox .Caption .Dismiss End With End Sub And this in Module1 code Option Explicit Private Sub Application_Startup() Dim MyClass As New Class1 MyCl...

Exporting to Excel
My Access 2002's export interface (ISAM) seems to be associated with earlier versions of Excel and limits the numbers of rows that can be exported to 16,000. How do I fix it so that I can export more rows? Among the less technical ideas, you might first confirm that all current updates and Export filters have been installed. AFAIK, Access '02 should be able to export more than 16,000 records if the appropriate filters are available... unless you mean that an older Excel format must be used. You might also consider exporting as a text file & then importing that to Excel as ...

Outlook 2000 won't start
After fighting spyware for 2 days last week, Outlook 2K has stopped running on a Win2K machine. I can see the calendar & appointments when starting, but an immediate error pops up that says "Operation Failed" then the program crashes. We've tried the inbox repair tool (no problems found), uninstalling and reinstalling Outlook, command line Outlook safe mode. It still won't start. Possibly related problem: in Control Panel | Mail... we can't pull up the profile. When Mail is clicked, nothing happens, so we can't edit, delete or add a profile. Any suggesti...

What is an addin (in Excel) and how can we create one?
Hi, I want to know what an excel addin is and how to create an excel addin (not the method Save as .xla) for say, to check the occurances of an item. In Col A, several items are listed like item1, item2, item3 etc upto item10. Some items repeat more than once. Can an addin be created to check the no. of occurances of AN item in this list? If so how> Thank You Hi Shajueasow, See: http://www.fontstuff.com/vba/vbatut03.htm for a tutorial. --- Regards, Norman "shajueasow" <shajueasow@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9DC9E994-13FE-4FFA-957E-10...

Excel 2000 question.
Hello, Group: I am looking to run a macro that pauses for input. For example to bend metal, I would like to have the macro ask for number of bends, then continue in the computation. Thanks, --tj Dim numBends As Long On Error Resume Next numBends = InputBox("Number of bends") On Error GoTo 0 If numBends > 0 Then 'rest of code End If -- __________________________________ HTH Bob <techjohnny@gmail.com> wrote in message news:66a3c982-1496-4d73-8284-0a630e498706@l42g2000hsc.googlegroups.com... > Hello, Group: > > I am looking ...

Blackberry Internet Email & Exch 2007
Greets... Have some Blackberrys that were using BB Internet Email connection. Worked fine with Exch. 2003. Now we upgraded to Exch. 2007 and Blackbery Internet Connection (via T-Mobile) gives us "Cannot connect to server". I think this is related to the old method of accessing via web: i.e. HTTPS:\\mail.company.com\exchange\username doesn't work the same under 2007. I've tried Https:\\mail.company.com\owa\username and that doesn't work either... Thanks, Cheesle Check out this link: http://www.blackberry.com/select/exchange2007/ cheers, Guga Varo Exchange Gr...

Publisher 2000

opening links in outlook

excel as a database #2
Is there a limit to how many text characters that can go into a cell? Phill Yes 32,767 characters, approx 1,024 visible in the cell -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom (No private emails please, for everyone's benefit keep the discussion in the newsgroup/forum) "Phill" <phill.hudson@btinternet.com> wrote in message news:ccesl0$g3u$1@titan.btinternet.com... > Is there a limit to how many text characters that can go into a cell? > > Phill > > Phill, A cell can hold 32K characters, but only about 1K will be visible. -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MV...

Problem trying to open old money file

Email with tiny attachments open slow

Converting Access 2000 to Access 2003 or XP
I have Access 2000 on my home PC and want to install it on my business PC. I also need to upgrade this program. Do I upgrade first, then bring it to work? Also, if the software is licensed to me at home, can I install it on my business computer as well? Thank you. No, each install has to have its own separate license. The Access 2000 on your home PC is only licensed for you home PC. If you are planning to upgrade, you would be better off buying the full installation of Office 2003 or Office 2002 to install on your business machine. If installing Office 2002/2003 to more than one machin...

Need an open house sign in sheet

excel filesizing
Any idea how to change the maximum size of an excel file from 65K? Not possible -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom (No private emails please, for everyone's benefit keep the discussion in the newsgroup/forum) <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:290c601c4644c$8a69d420$a301280a@phx.gbl... > Any idea how to change the maximum size of an excel file > from 65K? Hi Poe, What does filesizing mean?. ( Is the person referring to number of rows in a spreadsheet? ) Regards, Hari India "Peo Sjoblom" <terre08@mvp.org> wrote in message news:ei3ON0EZ...

SheetName (Application.Caller.Parent.Name) Forces Excel to Save File
I have a VBA function in Excel that I have been using for years that will display the sheet name in a cell. The VBA function is as follows: Function SheetName() As String Application.Volatile SheetName = Application.Caller.Parent.Name End Function This works great. However, I have found that if I am using this function if I open a worksheet and not change anything Excel will prompt me if I want to save the worksheet if I have not made any changes. Why is this happening and is there a way to prevent this from happening? Thanks, Mike The problem may be Application.Volitile If ...

cannot open excel file from outlook