Opening blank sheet with set format

Hi, apologies for asking what's probably a common question...

How can I change the blank Excel sheet default (the one you get if you click
on the toolbar icon) so that it comes up with the font being Arial Narrow
size 8 in every cell?

Thanks in advance
Daniel

Create a new workbook.
change the font setting to what you want.
Save it as Book.xlt in your XLStart folder (as a template)

--

Dave Peterson
0

"Dave Peterson" wrote:

> Create a new workbook.
> change the font setting to what you want.
> Save it as Book.xlt in your XLStart folder (as a template)
>
> Daniel Bonallack wrote:
> >
> > Hi, apologies for asking what's probably a common question...
> >
> > How can I change the blank Excel sheet default (the one you get if you click
> > on the toolbar icon) so that it comes up with the font being Arial Narrow
> > size 8 in every cell?
> >
> > Thanks in advance
> > Daniel
>
> --
>
> Dave Peterson

Print content of several sheets on one page
Can I print the content of several sheets on one page? Excel only print what you see i think. so you have do some thing outside the box. like maybe put paper back in printer or copy ranges to a new sheet that you dont keep but just for print. some people copy and paste pictures of ranges that they want next to others just for print too. "Åse" <se@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0F9CF89A-1EDE-4D2A-9E6F-AC0C916428A7@microsoft.com... | Can I print the content of several sheets on one page? ...

POP
Hello all, we have an issue where a PO was created with 4 line items and line item number 1 was not adding into the total on the report not the form which we did not know at the time.. then we had to edit line line 2 which at that time they noticed that the report was short still the line item #1 but the PO entry form showed the correct amount... I look into the tables and all seemed to be correct so it's just the report itself that is showing the incorrect amount.... any help would be great Hi Bam. See if the report itself has been customized. If it is, it could be a bug on the c...

Transferring column width format from a worksheet?
To be specific, I will describe the situation for an address/telephone spreadsheet. This sheet will columns of various widths. One for area code needs only ton handle three digit entries while the basic number needs eight characters if you include the hyphen. A street address could be fairly long, 20 characters or more. A state code needs only two. If I want another sheet with the same column widths as one I like, how can you transfer the column width formatting? Paste Special format does not seem to transfer column widths. Bill -- An old man would be better off never having been bor...

Publisher 2000

Format Painter keyboard shortcut?
Hello, Does anybody know the keyboard shortcut for Format Painter? Thanks, Dave Hi Dave: Keyboard shortcut for Format Painter doesn't exist. Nevertheless, this falls under the Copy and Paste Special options. So if you need to do the same options via keyboard - Ctrl+C; Alt+E, S, T + Enter to copy the formats alone. Create a macro for the same and assign a shortcut key for the same if you are frequent user of format painter and need to access via keyboard. Hope this helps. -------------------- >From: "Dave Koressel" <davek7@pacbell.net> >Subject: Format ...

How do I set up "format painter" in MS_Outlook ?
The format painter tool is very handy in Microsoft Office; where is it when I am editing emails in Microsoft outlook? ! Subra. Turn on the option to use Word as the message editor in = Outlook-Tools->Options->Mail Format. --=81 Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. =20 After furious head scratching, Subra asked: | The format painter tool is very handy in Microsoft Office; where is | it when I am editing emails in Microsoft outlook? ! | Subra. ...

opening links in outlook

trying to get sheet 1 to recognize and move student names to pg 2
Sheet 1 contains students names in column A in ascending order, columns b thru k are columns which grading numbers of either 1 point or 2 points, column l is the total points of colums b thru k. Sheet 2 contains 5 columns , column a is 17 to 20 points, column b is 13 to 16 points, column c is 9 to 12 points, 5 to 8 points, column d is 5 to 8 points and column e is 0 to 4 points. I need sheet 1 column L to recognize sheet 2 and move the students name from column A in that row to the graph on sheet 2 according to the point system Is this one-time operation? You have only 5 c...

Problem trying to open old money file

Changing data orientation from one sheet to another
Hi, On sheet1 the data is oriented vertically as A1 A2 A3 I'd like on sheet2 the data be oriented horizontally A1 to A1 A2 to B1 A3 to B3 Can it be done? if so, how? TIA Olga Excell 07 Copy the data from sheet1 Select A1 of sheet2 and paste special>transpose. Note: cannot be done if you have more than 16384 rows of data in column A Also, I think you have a typo at A3 to B3.........maybe A3 to C1? Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Sun, 20 Apr 2008 19:55:12 +0200, "Olga" <noemail@hotmail.com> wrote: >Hi, >On sheet1 the data is oriented vertically as >A1 >A...

Email with tiny attachments open slow

Need an open house sign in sheet

cannot open excel file from outlook

opening links

conditional formatting
I have a conditional format which the formula indicates true for column "A" and column "B" background shades red. how do I set up so columns "A-T" highlight red and set-up so all rows 1-400 are formatted when column "A" is true? I have tried and cannot get it to work...thanks Joe First select A1:T400, then use CF of =$A1 Bob Umlas Excel MVP "joe@malvern" wrote: > I have a conditional format which the formula indicates true for column "A" > and column "B" background shades red. how do I set up so...

EXCEL Files open Slow

Name and number of sheets
Could someone please post the code that will count the number of sheets in a workbook and get each sheet name. I thought I could use the for statement after I got the number of sheets, but can't seem to get that number. Thank you Maybe something like: Option Explicit Sub testme() Dim wks As Worksheet MsgBox Sheets.Count MsgBox Worksheets.Count For Each wks In ActiveWorkbook.Worksheets MsgBox wks.Name Next wks End Sub Worksheets.count may not equal sheets.count (if you have chart sheets for example). MB wrote: > > Could someone please po...

Directory Open
Hi, I would like to create a Button which opens a dialog box, not to open a file but to open a directory. How should I do it? I thought of using CFileDialog but it does not allow for opening just a directory and not a file. I just want to read in the user selection of directory and the file name will be set in my application. Thanks! On Wed, 17 Dec 2003 22:15:36 -0800, Dave wrote: > I would like to create a Button which opens a dialog box, > not to open a file but to open a directory. > > How should I do it? > I thought of using CFileDialog but it does not allow for ...

Adding more than four comment lines to the SOP Blank Packing Slip
Hello: The two KB articles on how to display more than four comment lines on the SOP Blank Packing Slip are not helpful, in this case, long story short. We need to be able to print more than four lines of document-level comments in the report footer of the SOP Blank Packing Slip. Again, these are document-level--not line item level. And, the packing slips are going to be printed from batches--not one document at a time. Has anyone ever done this before, or can this not be done based on the criteria that I just outlined? Thanks. childofthe1980s ------=_NextPart_0001_7EBB7CA7 Cont...