Open Excel worksheet from web page.

I have an excel 2000 worksheet with extensive VBA code. I
can open the worksheet in Excel 2000 and Excel 97 without
any problems (the code was written in Excel 2000 VBA but
works in both versions of Excel).  The worksheet is located
on a server on a LAN.

However, when I try calling it from a web page, it seems to
give varying results.  I have tried several methods of
calling the worksheet.

a) Using ASP and CreateObject("Excel.Application") and then
using this objects Open method to open the required
workbook. This works OK if Excel 2000 installed on client
but gives run time errors on clients with 97 installed.

b) Using a simle HTML HREF call.  This does not give any
run time messages but neither does the code do what it
normally does when run directly under the installed Excel
application.

I have to say that I do have another worksheet also with
extensive code, which does work when called from web page.
 However, the run time errors, when they do appear, are in
areas of code which should be perfectly OK.

Has anyone any suggestions on what may be going wrong or
some other way of opening the worksheet.

Thanks in advance
Peter

WIN X Sp2 IE8.0 killed by CPXRSYSGUARD.EXE and or ? Cant get IE8 to access the web
Tonite, I Contracted 39 versions of what SuperAntiSpyware calls: ROGUE.AGENT/GEN in my Registry HKUS\S-1-5-21 (see below) etc (in 39 different file endings) and TROJAN.AGENT/GEN-FakeSpy[Broad] 3 copies 1. in HKUS\S-1-5-21-2952124706-32014773-2762605872-1007Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run(jdfecxfs- C:\Documentsand Settings\Alan\LocalSettings\ApplicationData\ubqllk\cpxrsysguard.exe and The other two in C:\ DocSettings\Alan\LocalSettings\ApplicationData where it again opened a Folder named UBQLLK and inserted 2 copies of CPXRSYSGUARD.EXE It beg...

excel to get data from an access database
I need excel to get data from an access database similar to vlookup function from an excel table. In order to have only specific records copied to your Excel file, the query needs to include selection criteria (and sort order if necessary). Otherwise, all records get copied and you then need to create lookup formulas or use filters to restrict the set of record. If you are not familiar with Access queries, have someone who is create one for you as a stored query object in the database file. You can then use the Data>Import (Get) External Data and choose the query as your record sour...

How to create/embed table or existing Excel spreadsheet into Lotus Notes 6.5 email
I have been successful in creating and sending an email through Lotus Notes. However, I need to be able to format the body so that the message is more presentable. Currently, I filter a spreadsheet based on two named ranges and send an email to the SOX audit team member and copy the SOX control owner. I copy the values from selected columns on the visible rows and separate those values by tabs. However, the presentation is bad as the data is variable in length and therefore the alignment is not correct. I would like to learn how to create/embed either a table into the Lotus Notes email bo...

Office 07 Excel chart title position
I want my chart title to be positioned above the chart /plot area, can't do it. "above the chart" does not position the title above the chart, it leaves exactly where "centered overlay title" put it. Help please (& thank you) An option would be to use worksheet cells to add your title rather than using the chart itself. Using worksheet cells positioned directly over the top of your chart would allow you to control the title location as well as expand the area available for the plot. -- John Mansfield cellmatrix.net "Eve Allen" wrote: > I w...

Problem with Excel 2003 restricting functionality
I have MS Excel 2003 installed on my computer. When I open a new workbook and click on any cell, the pointer goes to a white cross or plus symbol. Then I am unable to do anything. I can move the mouse anywhere on the sheet and it highlights the cells that the pointer has gone over as if I am selecting a range/group of cells such as you would if you were going to delete them or clear contents. I try to right click and nothing happens. I move the pointer over the tool bar, it does nothing. I hit <ESC> and still nothing. The only thing that does anything is going into the task manage...

Exporting to Excel
My Access 2002's export interface (ISAM) seems to be associated with earlier versions of Excel and limits the numbers of rows that can be exported to 16,000. How do I fix it so that I can export more rows? Among the less technical ideas, you might first confirm that all current updates and Export filters have been installed. AFAIK, Access '02 should be able to export more than 16,000 records if the appropriate filters are available... unless you mean that an older Excel format must be used. You might also consider exporting as a text file & then importing that to Excel as ...

Transferring column width format from a worksheet?
To be specific, I will describe the situation for an address/telephone spreadsheet. This sheet will columns of various widths. One for area code needs only ton handle three digit entries while the basic number needs eight characters if you include the hyphen. A street address could be fairly long, 20 characters or more. A state code needs only two. If I want another sheet with the same column widths as one I like, how can you transfer the column width formatting? Paste Special format does not seem to transfer column widths. Bill -- An old man would be better off never having been bor...

What is an addin (in Excel) and how can we create one?
Hi, I want to know what an excel addin is and how to create an excel addin (not the method Save as .xla) for say, to check the occurances of an item. In Col A, several items are listed like item1, item2, item3 etc upto item10. Some items repeat more than once. Can an addin be created to check the no. of occurances of AN item in this list? If so how> Thank You Hi Shajueasow, See: http://www.fontstuff.com/vba/vbatut03.htm for a tutorial. --- Regards, Norman "shajueasow" <shajueasow@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9DC9E994-13FE-4FFA-957E-10...

Excel 2000 question.
Hello, Group: I am looking to run a macro that pauses for input. For example to bend metal, I would like to have the macro ask for number of bends, then continue in the computation. Thanks, --tj Dim numBends As Long On Error Resume Next numBends = InputBox("Number of bends") On Error GoTo 0 If numBends > 0 Then 'rest of code End If -- __________________________________ HTH Bob <techjohnny@gmail.com> wrote in message news:66a3c982-1496-4d73-8284-0a630e498706@l42g2000hsc.googlegroups.com... > Hello, Group: > > I am looking ...

Publisher 2000

opening links in outlook

excel as a database #2
Is there a limit to how many text characters that can go into a cell? Phill Yes 32,767 characters, approx 1,024 visible in the cell -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom (No private emails please, for everyone's benefit keep the discussion in the newsgroup/forum) "Phill" <phill.hudson@btinternet.com> wrote in message news:ccesl0$g3u$1@titan.btinternet.com... > Is there a limit to how many text characters that can go into a cell? > > Phill > > Phill, A cell can hold 32K characters, but only about 1K will be visible. -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MV...

Can I prevent a worksheet from printing?
Can I prevent a worksheet from printing? I have 3 worksheets in the file; one of which is calculations that I don't want to print if Entire Workbook is selected to print. You could set the print area on the calculations sheet to one empty cell. -- Jim Rech Excel MVP "maarkr" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2cf1601c469de$96e78cf0$a401280a@phx.gbl... | Can I prevent a worksheet from printing? | I have 3 worksheets in the file; one of which is | calculations that I don't want to print if Entire Workbook | is selected to print. Possib...

Problem trying to open old money file

How to retrive web page title ?
Hello there I'm using CHttpFile and CInternetSession classed to download file from web. How can I find the title of any html file by using HtpQueryInfo method ? I could find cntent type and other information using some flags of HttpQueryInfo method, Which flag should I use to retrive web page title ? ...

Email with tiny attachments open slow

Need an open house sign in sheet

Publishing CRM Web
I have a client, customer, that I service for their network & IT administration of Small Business Server 2003 Premium Edition and about 15 workstations on a LAN and two remote offices with 4 remote clients that currently vpn in to work. About a year ago, we contracted with outsource consultant to install MS CRM 1.2 on the small business server. A few months ago, said consultant upgraded the customer to CRM 3.0. The customer purchased a new Windows Server 2K3 R2, which I installed and setup as a member server in the current domain. I then installed the necessary components for consu...

excel filesizing
Any idea how to change the maximum size of an excel file from 65K? Not possible -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom (No private emails please, for everyone's benefit keep the discussion in the newsgroup/forum) <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:290c601c4644c$8a69d420$a301280a@phx.gbl... > Any idea how to change the maximum size of an excel file > from 65K? Hi Poe, What does filesizing mean?. ( Is the person referring to number of rows in a spreadsheet? ) Regards, Hari India "Peo Sjoblom" <terre08@mvp.org> wrote in message news:ei3ON0EZ...

SheetName (Application.Caller.Parent.Name) Forces Excel to Save File
I have a VBA function in Excel that I have been using for years that will display the sheet name in a cell. The VBA function is as follows: Function SheetName() As String Application.Volatile SheetName = Application.Caller.Parent.Name End Function This works great. However, I have found that if I am using this function if I open a worksheet and not change anything Excel will prompt me if I want to save the worksheet if I have not made any changes. Why is this happening and is there a way to prevent this from happening? Thanks, Mike The problem may be Application.Volitile If ...

cannot open excel file from outlook