Open Error

I just installed Office 97 on Windows 2000. I applied SP4
for Windows and both service release for Office 97. When I
double click most of my .xls files, I get an error that a
file with the same name is already open. But the file
opens and I can make changes and save them. I do not get
the error if I open the file through the File/Open menu.
Has anybody seen this and gotten rid of it?

Greg
0
gm3288 (1)

Communication Error
I have CRM 1.2 server installed. I tried to send an email to one of the contacts and I got the following error after I click on send button: "Communications Error" Missing CRM key Any ideas I appreciated. David Check that the Exchange router is installed and running on the exchange box. Regards Peter "David P." <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8c4101c3e991$1e7d1730$a601280a@phx.gbl... > I have CRM 1.2 server installed. I tried to send an email > to one of the contacts and I got the following error after > I click on send b...

An error occured and this feature is no longer functioning properly. help!
This is what I get when saving my workbook. also it offers install some soft to repair the "feature". A runtime error happens when installing. I don't understand what feature is it about. Before that I made a copy of this book in csv format (when saving as csv, I also got a message that some features will not be compatible with csv format and I agreed because I guessed it was about a command button in the worksheet). When I opened xls book next time and tried to save it, it gave me the subj message, but saved after all in the end. I wonder if it is likely to cause me problems i...

Publisher 2000

opening links in outlook

Problem trying to open old money file

what is error 0x8004010F
alextrio <alextrio@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: Google is your friend. -- Brian Tillman Use Google - it returns about 755 links regarding this error. "alextrio" <alextrio@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6FE9089D-9808-4B32-A496-B6756C9ED1D8@microsoft.com... > ...

Email with tiny attachments open slow

Need an open house sign in sheet

Error on simple VBA code
I am trying to set the post to GL flag as checked on inventory batch window. The code is very simple: Private Sub BatchID_Changed() Me.PosttoGeneralLedger = 1 End Sub I tried this same code with different events but the error is the same. The error I am getting is Run time error 1007. Unsafe operation. An attempt was made to set a value which violates the application's business logic. What could be the issue here and how can I resolve it. Thank you. KT: The problem here is that a bunch of nested code runs behind the BATCHID button change event. I scripted it so you can see: *****...

Error Message #2
Ever since I bought my Dell laptop, I seem to have a problem with MS Outlook 2002 operating with Windows XP. My computer freezes and then when I try to reboot and open Outlook, there is a long delay and ultimately I get a "Non Reponding" at the top of my screen next to "Microsoft Outlook". I don't know why this happens. I reboot my computer at least a dozen times. Sometimes, I am asked to "Detect and Repair" and it still doesn't go back to normal. Other times, I'm asked to view in "Safe Mode". Has anyone had experience with this prob...

cannot open excel file from outlook

opening links

Error while import BCM Database into CRM 3.0
I am trying to import BCM Database into CRM 3.0 When I run " Data Migration for Microsoft Outlook Business Contact Manager" wizard I get an unexpected error. Can someone help ? thanks Here is the Log: 8/21/2007 5:15:38 PM------>Transitioning to next screen. From: Welcome screen. To: PreconditionCheck screen. 8/21/2007 5:15:38 PM------>Connecting to Microsoft CRM Shamir_Systems_MSCRM 8/21/2007 5:15:39 PM------>Checking that Microsoft CRM Data Migration Pack is installed: Success 8/21/2007 5:15:39 PM------>Establishing connection to CDF database: Success 8/21/2007 5:1...

Outlook error codes
I would appreciate any help! Outlook 2007 refuses to startup, error messsage: catastrophic failure (0x8000FFFF) and the following: C:\Users\Matt\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Outlook\ Outlook.pst is not a personal folders file. error code now being displayed: 0x80040119 (is this a registry problem?) the above was the default folder and as such contains a large amount of my inaccessible data Have been unable to activate (or even locate) inbox repair tool (Scanpst.exe), which I understand was installed with Outlook have neutralized spyware uninstalled and reinstalled Outlook 2007, to no ...

Exported form shows error
I exported a table and form to another database for use in another facility I operate. When I go to open the form, an error is displayed stating..."The record source '~sq_cSaidTable~sq_cList70' specified on this form or report does not exist" It then proceeds to alter the record souce in the form in design veiw. I have done that and the error persists. How do I repair this? -- Deltadog-Sacramento River Delta fisher extrodinairre... ...

EXCEL Files open Slow

Opening a second mdb file from an open mdb file
I have two mdb files (one used for general department use and the other for detailed reporting). For ease of maintenance, I'd like to keep these mdb files separate, but I would like to have the ability to open the second mdb file from the general dept Access program. Is there an exisitng macro or VBA code I could use to accomplish this task? Thanks for your help. Sure, you can easily just shell out to another app: http://www.mvps.org/access/api/api0018.htm or even create a hyperlink that opens the file. Just create a label, go to the property sheet and enter a path in the hype...

Directory Open
Hi, I would like to create a Button which opens a dialog box, not to open a file but to open a directory. How should I do it? I thought of using CFileDialog but it does not allow for opening just a directory and not a file. I just want to read in the user selection of directory and the file name will be set in my application. Thanks! On Wed, 17 Dec 2003 22:15:36 -0800, Dave wrote: > I would like to create a Button which opens a dialog box, > not to open a file but to open a directory. > > How should I do it? > I thought of using CFileDialog but it does not allow for ...

Excel won't open in Office XP
Hi all, I have had a problem for the last few weeks opening up my Excel files When I try to open the files, a Window Installer dialouge box appear looking for the Office XP Professional Disk. My Office was preinstalle by my school, which is now complete. If I cancel the Window Installer consectutive times it leaves my new Excel document open and I can work Does anyone know what I need to configure to have Excel open up normall again ? Appreciate all the help I can get. Thanks, 'Kusty' (kusty@accesscomm.ca -- kust --------------------------------------------------------------------...