Oops, saved over and closed original xls file... (recovery possible?)

Please help me out here.  Unfortunately I saved over an original file
and then closed excel.  Lost quite a bit of work.

Thanks in advance,
jermacg

---

Sorry, unless you have a back up file or you are on a Network which saves
the days work, if you've overwritten your file its gone forever,
Alan.
"jermacg" <jermacg.ypfhz@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message
> Please help me out here.  Unfortunately I saved over an original file
> and then closed excel.  Lost quite a bit of work.
>
> Thanks in advance,
> jermacg
>

> ---

alan111 (581)
12/19/2003 10:23:45 PM
I'll help all I can from here. Get the backup that you have created for
times like this. Do not save over important (are the other kinds?) files in
the future. Feel confident tht you are neither the first nor last that has
pulled this "boner".

--
Greeting from the Gulf Coast!
http://myweb.cableone.net/twodays
"jermacg" <jermacg.ypfhz@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message
> Please help me out here.  Unfortunately I saved over an original file
> and then closed excel.  Lost quite a bit of work.
>
> Thanks in advance,
> jermacg
>

> ---

twodays (259)

"Ignore original message text" not working with Word as editor on one machine?
I know people have run into this, but has anyone found a solution? I've got one machine that refuses to "Ignore original message text" when I use Word as the Editor. If I just go back, and uncheck use Word as the editor, it works fine (so no, reply ticks are not turned on). On another machine, also with Office XP (but with Windows XP versus Win 2000), it works just fine. Has anyone come across a fix? ...

why is outlook trying to open an executable file in locate link brower? #2
"Kyle Harmon" <kharmon3@nycap.rr.com> wrote in message news:... > In my MS Outlook 2002, every time I click on an url with-in my e-mail > outlook trys to open an executable file in the "Locate link brower". And > this only happens when I do not have a browers open. Is there a fix for > this? > > Thank You, > > Kyle Harmon > > > Navigate to your default browser's executible (iexplore.exe for Internet Explorer) and double click on it. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion in...

How to save outlook messages & contacts if I can't start my os ?
Hi, I know how to solve this problem by using outlook express, but I don't know how to do that using office outlook. I mean pc is broken and my task is to take hdd and save outlook messages and contacts somehow. Any Ideas ? thank you Vilius On Tue, 23 Jan 2007 21:23:00 -0800, "Vilius Mock�nas" <v_mockunas@yahoo.com> wrote: >Hi, >I know how to solve this problem by using outlook express, but I don't know >how to do that using office outlook. I mean pc is broken and my task is to >take hdd and save outlook messages and contacts somehow. Any Ideas ? &...

HELP files not showing

no warning file in use
Hi. I've got a question about a shared Excel file stored on Windows 2000 server. This file is accessed by two different Windows XP end users running Excel 2002 on their machines. Recently these two different end users have been accessing the same shared Excel file simultaneously without the usual file lock or warning that the file is in use. Sometimes they get the warning, sometimes not. When they don't, they assume they have rights to save to the file, only to find later on that their changes were not saved. I'm having both check for updates so that their Microsoft s...

Closed Investment Problem
One of my closed investments still appeats on my Money Home Page Investment Summary. All the other investments appearing in the summary are open, except this one. I checked the investment transactions for this investment and they are all correct, resulting in a zero share balance. Help!! How can I get rid of this appearing in the investment summary without deleting all the investment's data? Thanks! http://www.umpmfaq.info/faqdb.php?q=98 might give you a solution to this. -- Glyn Simpson, Microsoft MVP - Money http://money.mvps.org Check http://support.microsoft.com/default...

sql end user recovery dpm 2010
Hi, we are trying dpm 2010. for this we have installed the dpm agent on both nodes of a cluster. All mssql backups succeed succesfully. When I try to configure the sql end user recovery option I cannot enter the cluster instance name without specifying a database. I have checked this with a standalone mssql server, works fine there. Does anyone have a suggestion how to fix this? Can you please try giving the names in the following format? 1. <ClusterResoureceName>\<SQLVirtualName> for default SQL Instance 2. <ClusterResoureceName>\<SQLVirtualName>\&l...

Close Tag Error from HTML source for web service WSDL
I have developed web services under .net framework 1.1, myWebServ.asmx with methods, getInfo() and getInfo(int). Those are working fine for the clients created by .NET Visual Studio. However, when I used Eclipse to develop Java client to consume the service, I got error massage: the element type "br" must be terminated by the matching end-tag "</br>". I use webbrowser to check the myWebServ.asmx, and found the web method attributes such as [WebMethod(Description="Given...")] are quoted as "<br>Given... " without closed tag <\br&g...

How do I link data from two different excell files?
I have two excell spreadsheets that need to be matched up and merge a certain field. Is there a statement that wou vlookup HTH, -- Gary Brown gary.DeleteThis2SendMeAnEmail.Brown@kinneson.com "twinclstar" wrote: > I have two excell spreadsheets that need to be matched up and merge a certain > field. Is there a statement that wou ...

hide/close/delete shared account
(bear with me. i'm new and although this is my second time trying to set up money, i've run into the same problem and have yet to find the answer in the forum.) i have four bank accounts and one is shared with a family member. i don't want this account to show up at all in money essentials. i tried "closing" it. i tried "hiding" it. i tried "deleting" it. but each time i go back to "categorize my transactions," transactions from that account are still there. The problem here is that Money is designed (and Money Essentials (MEss) even ...

Larger backup file
Why is the backup file larger than the original .mny file. I can see them being the same size, if not using compression, but actually being about 30% larger is a big difference. Does anyone know the answer for this? Thanks Not for me it isn't. Money file is 10mb and backup is 2mb. -- Regards Bob Peel, Microsoft MVP - Money Hints/Tips http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-GB;mny UK Wishes/Suggestions mnyukwsh@microsoft.com "Perry" <sikespa@earthlink.net> wrote in message news:119501c3847d$3b679b50$a101280a@phx.gbl... > Why is the backu...

Possible to open word documents in Excel using hyperlinks?
Hi, I wondered whether it was possible to open office documents from within MS Excel using hyperlinks to the related files. The documents in question are MS Word format. Cheers Have you try it ? Ctrl-K Existing file ...... -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl "DobieM" <DobieM@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2DFD72F1-0F21-4414-929D-4D9307997D68@microsoft.com... > Hi, > I wondered whether it was possible to open office documents from within MS > Excel using hyperlinks to the related files. The documents in question are MS > Wor...

Importing QIF files in Money 2004 produces duplicate transactions
Hi. After importing all my accounts into Money 2004 from QIF files, trnasfers between accounts generate duplicated records in related accounts. How to fix this problem? In microsoft.public.money, Adrian Guinsburg wrote: >Hi. After importing all my accounts into Money 2004 from QIF files, trnasfers >between accounts generate duplicated records in related accounts. >How to fix this problem? Restore your file to the way it was before import. Then import again. This time import all QIF files at once using Ctrl+<click> to select the QIF files. During the File->Import process...

Data not saving from bound form when control loses focus
Hello, I noticed this thread: http://groups.google.co.uk/group/microsoft.public.access.formscoding/browse_thread/thread/9cea14add792f567/47e8c7ca272a99b9?lnk=gst&q=save+data+control+focus#47e8c7ca272a99b9 In this thread it says that if a form is bound (which mine is to a query) when a user moves from control to control it should save when the control loses focus. It currently saves when users close or move from record to record however this is causing problems as sometimes users use a custom toolbar which opens up popup forms to perform other tasks, which dont close or affect the bound f...

how do i save powerpoint presentation onto a flashdrive?
how do i save powerpoint presentation onto a flashdrive? Save it to your harddrive, then copy it to the flash drive. Saving directly to the flash drive is just asking for a corrupt presentation. -- Echo [MS PPT MVP] http://www.echosvoice.com What's new in PPT 2007? http://www.echosvoice.com/2007.htm Fixing PowerPoint Annoyances http://tinyurl.com/36grcd PowerPoint 2007 Complete Makeover Kit http://tinyurl.com/32a7nx "theclearsolution" <theclearsolution@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:869E1487-656A-4204-A2E0-DB21387752B0@microsoft.com... ...

Stop opening multiple versions of Excel when click on xls files
Excel 2002 SP3 Win XP HE Hi, If I click on an xls file in Windows Explorer, it properly starts Excel and opens the file. However, if I need another file opened, and click on another xls file within Windows Explorer, instead of opening the file only, it starts up a new instance of Excel. So I can find myself with 3 or 4 (or more) instances of Excel running simultaneously. It's not a huge problem but I believe not necessary and would like to see if I can find a way of only opening the file in question once Excel is already opened, etc. Any ideas? Thanks. On Jun 28, 2:55 pm, ste...

Size doubles with each save
I have 2 files that include over a 1,000 links and formulas. Every time we save the file, the size doubles. It doesn't matter if any changes are made or not. The only way I've found that will bring it back to a normal size, is to Select All Pages, Move to a new book, and save as the original name. Is there a way to find the problem within the file? What might be causing this? Hi you may also check: http://www.contextures.com/xlfaqApp.html#Unused -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Hargrove" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news...

Sending xls files to pc xlsx users

after adding data, grafics not calculated until save and reload
I have a speadsheet ~52MB used for 42MB without problems in which I select y a list and with Vlookup analyse a subset to produce grafics of the data I have added some data ( of last year ) on one sheet of that now the grafic sheets wil not be recalculated until I save and reload the whole sheet I tried already: coppy the project coppy all sheets to a new project make a new grafic ( out of 30 grafic) reset fonts on the grafic sheets renewed title e.g. delete the added data of course I can start all over but that meens a 14 day job and no guaranty that is will help does some one know how ...

Cannot save e-mail attachments
An employee with WINXP is using Outlook Express. When she tries to save a .PDF she gets the following message. The disk you were saving to or the disk used for Temp files is full. Free some space on disk and try again or save to a different disk. She cleaned out files named *.tmp and deleted temporary internet files. What else does she need to do? Deb ...

Money 2005 always reapiring file !!
About once a week,I get a message saying my file lists an incorrect balance and will repair after I close and restart money.Any ideas why ?? Thanks Repairing sorry !! "Apothecon" <sailerph@verizon.net> wrote in message news:Riltf.428$i65.11@trndny05... > About once a week,I get a message saying my file lists an incorrect > balance and will repair after I close and restart money.Any ideas why ?? > Thanks > ...

Share Reassign with original owner
Just upgraded to 3.0. Went into the Orgnaisation settings / System settings. Set whether entities are shared with the original owner to no, and then OK. The system does not save this setting. Any suggestions? Kim Believe it or not, this is usually linked to issues with your report setup. Get your reports working and this dialog starts saving changes properly. -- Matt Parks MVP - Microsoft CRM "Kim" <Kim@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:76D086A5-FF2E-44A1-8862-313666F3BCA7@microsoft.com... Just upgraded to 3.0. Went into the Orgnaisation settings / Sy...

Save preview picture
Can anyone explain why some workbooks will save a preview picture while others will not? I check the tickbox on the properties dialog, thn save the file. Some files then show the preview while others do not. When I check the ones that fail, the checkbox has been cleared. Ian Hi Ian, ActiveWindow.Caption = ActiveWorkbook.FullName http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/pathname.htm#titlebar --- HTH, David McRitchie, Microsoft MVP - Excel [site changed Nov. 2001] My Excel Pages: http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/excel.htm Search Page: http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/...

.prf files incompatible with multiple Global Address lists
I m running an Exchange 2003 organization across 2 domains. We have 2 exchange servers. One server hosts mailboxes for one company while the other server hosts multiple organizations(companies). Both servers are under the same administrative group. We've created 1 Global Address List (GAL) for each company according to http://support.microsoft.com/kb/822940/ . We want to use .prf files to automatically configure Outlook 2003 profiles. The problem I'm running into is that .prf files seem to only use one of the company's GALs to find valid mailboxes. If the user is in another...

Is this Possible
I have a combo box that looks up a the feilds in a table. Then, in my QBE grid, (that a report is based on), in the FIELD row, I say [Forms]![frmQuery_Control_Panel].[cboLAQ] so it will pick up the field that was chosen, by my combo box on a form. But I haven't gotten it to work... Any suggestions? (Access just wants to turn it into a an expression: Expr1:[Forms]! [frmQuery_Control_Panel].[cboLAQ] which doesn't help me very much. Is there another way to do this? (so I don't have to build a query/report for every field we want to report on)? On Fri, 26 Feb 2010...