Only see name box and formula box where is the rest?

Hi,

I accidently unchecked an option because of which now when I open excel all
i see is the name box and the formula box and the worksheet. I do not see the
menu nor the toolbar options. I have tried the Alt+T C but it doesnot work.
How do I make the toolbars and the menu show up  again.

thx
0
Vik (13)

view/toolbars/standard and formatting
Can you see the File / Edit / View menu bar?

"vik" wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I accidently unchecked an option because of which now when I open excel all
> i see is the name box and the formula box and the worksheet. I do not see the
> menu nor the toolbar options. I have tried the Alt+T C but it doesnot work.
> How do I make the toolbars and the menu show up  again.
>
> thx
0
dlw (166)
1/17/2006 4:40:06 PM
Thanks for the reply.

No I cannot see the File/ Edit...menu bar

"dlw" wrote:

> view/toolbars/standard and formatting
> Can you see the File / Edit / View menu bar?
>
> "vik" wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > I accidently unchecked an option because of which now when I open excel all
> > i see is the name box and the formula box and the worksheet. I do not see the
> > menu nor the toolbar options. I have tried the Alt+T C but it doesnot work.
> > How do I make the toolbars and the menu show up  again.
> >
> > thx
0
Vik (13)
1/17/2006 4:42:02 PM
Try this:

Right-click in the gray area near the toolbars
Select: customize
Select: toolbars tab
Check: Worksheet Menu Bar
Click the [Close] button

Does that help?

***********
Regards,
Ron

XL2002, WinXP-Pro

"vik" wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I accidently unchecked an option because of which now when I open excel all
> i see is the name box and the formula box and the worksheet. I do not see the
> menu nor the toolbar options. I have tried the Alt+T C but it doesnot work.
> How do I make the toolbars and the menu show up  again.
>
> thx
thanks Ron but that doesn't help either.

My worksheet looks like this -

top row - the green excel symbol on the left then name of the file and then
minimize, restore and maximize buttons on the extreme right

second row - I have the name box on the left and the formula box next to it.

third row onwards - I have the worksheet available. So if open an earlier
file I see all my data. If i open an attachment I see the data.

the right click doesnt help much.

any suggestions??

thx

"Ron Coderre" wrote:

> Try this:
>
> Right-click in the gray area near the toolbars
> Select: customize
> Select: toolbars tab
> Check: Worksheet Menu Bar
> Click the [Close] button
>
> Does that help?
>
> ***********
> Regards,
> Ron
>
> XL2002, WinXP-Pro
>

> "vik" wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > I accidently unchecked an option because of which now when I open excel all
> > i see is the name box and the formula box and the worksheet. I do not see the
> > menu nor the toolbar options. I have tried the Alt+T C but it doesnot work.
> > How do I make the toolbars and the menu show up  again.
> >
> > thx
0
Vik (13)
1/17/2006 6:06:03 PM
Um...ok...Try this:

Hold down the [Ctrl] key and press 7
(That should display the Standard toolbar)

Now, can you right-click in the gray area to select Customize?

Does that help?

***********
Regards,
Ron

XL2002, WinXP-Pro

"vik" wrote:

> thanks Ron but that doesn't help either.
>
> My worksheet looks like this -
>
> top row - the green excel symbol on the left then name of the file and then
> minimize, restore and maximize buttons on the extreme right
>
> second row - I have the name box on the left and the formula box next to it.
>
> third row onwards - I have the worksheet available. So if open an earlier
> file I see all my data. If i open an attachment I see the data.
>
> the right click doesnt help much.
>
> any suggestions??
>
> thx
>
> "Ron Coderre" wrote:
>
> > Try this:
> >
> > Right-click in the gray area near the toolbars
> > Select: customize
> > Select: toolbars tab
> > Check: Worksheet Menu Bar
> > Click the [Close] button
> >
> > Does that help?
> >
> > ***********
> > Regards,
> > Ron
> >
> > XL2002, WinXP-Pro
> >

> > "vik" wrote:
> >
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > I accidently unchecked an option because of which now when I open excel all
> > > i see is the name box and the formula box and the worksheet. I do not see the
> > > menu nor the toolbar options. I have tried the Alt+T C but it doesnot work.
> > > How do I make the toolbars and the menu show up  again.
> > >
> > > thx
no it doesn't work.

i have repaired the the office standard edition but in vain.

appreciate your help. any other suggestions

"Ron Coderre" wrote:

> Um...ok...Try this:
>
> Hold down the [Ctrl] key and press 7
> (That should display the Standard toolbar)
>
> Now, can you right-click in the gray area to select Customize?
>
> Does that help?
>
> ***********
> Regards,
> Ron
>
> XL2002, WinXP-Pro
>

> "vik" wrote:
>
> > thanks Ron but that doesn't help either.
> >
> > My worksheet looks like this -
> >
> > top row - the green excel symbol on the left then name of the file and then
> > minimize, restore and maximize buttons on the extreme right
> >
> > second row - I have the name box on the left and the formula box next to it.
> >
> > third row onwards - I have the worksheet available. So if open an earlier
> > file I see all my data. If i open an attachment I see the data.
> >
> > the right click doesnt help much.
> >
> > any suggestions??
> >
> > thx
> >
> > "Ron Coderre" wrote:
> >
> > > Try this:
> > >
> > > Right-click in the gray area near the toolbars
> > > Select: customize
> > > Select: toolbars tab
> > > Check: Worksheet Menu Bar
> > > Click the [Close] button
> > >
> > > Does that help?
> > >
> > > ***********
> > > Regards,
> > > Ron
> > >
> > > XL2002, WinXP-Pro

0
Vik (13)

how do I change lookup sheet within formula?
I have a series of identical sheets mapping out employee holidays on an individual basis and I want to map them on to a summary sheet. I have posted a simple if formula into one row to extratc information from one sheet. Is there a way to copy this formula down the page to change the sheet name, but keep the rest of the formula identical? Thanks Yes using INDIRECT(). The below if applied and copied down will refer Sheet1!A1, Sheet2!A1 ,Sheet3!A1 and so on...Change to suit your tab names =INDIRECT("'Sheet"&ROW(A1)&"'!a1") -- Jacob (MVP ...

Associate name with email
I have a column of names and a column of email addresses. Is there any way to merger them into a single hyperlink that shows the name and sends to the email address? Hi jswafa Try this : With the names in column A and the E-mail addresses in column B try this Sub test() For Each myCell In Columns("B").Cells.SpecialCells(xlCellTypeConstants) If myCell.Value Like "?*@?*.?*" Then ActiveSheet.Hyperlinks.Add Anchor:=myCell.Offset(0, -1), _ Address:="mailto:" & myCell.Value, TextToDisplay:=myCell.Offset(0, -1).Value ...

I cant see emails coming in anymore.
I used to push send/receive and a box would come up telling me 'Receiving 8 of 40 emails' with a green bar going across the centre. Once the emails are received the box goes. If I push send/receive nothing happens. If I push it say, 10 times, again nothing happens. Once all the emails are thru the box that used to come up, than flashes up 10 times, but by than its a little late. Does anyone know how to get the box back? I would really appreciate it... KR Mick. I send this message using the forward procedure to somebody of the group My problem is likely the same as a lot ...

Not able to see all data but can see on another computer
Hi, I am using SAP application and if i retrive the excel file from SAP i can see only 48 lines where as i should see 110 lines but if i opened that same excel file in another computer then i can see all lines (110 Lines) i don't know why its happening. Can anyone help on this? Thanks in advance. Regards, Harish ...

Rename files based on file name?
Hello, How would I write vb script to do this?...seems simple but I have no idea. I have files in the directory C:\MyFiles they are named MYFiles101509.awq MyFiles111709.awq I want to rename them to OctFiles0001.xls and NovFiles0001.xls is there a way to look through files like look for MYFiles01* and rename that way? thanks. If you don't have the WSH help file you should download it and read up about the VBS methods so that you'll at least "have some idea". :) String operations you might need include Mid, Instr, Left, Right. > Hello, How wo...

Word 2004: Style List / Style Dialogue Box Bug
Hello all -- I'm in Word 2004. Upon opening a new document, it defaults to showing only a couple of styles in the style list. I want to be able to see all of them. Word Help suggests going to the Formatting Palette and selecting all styles. This works, but I don't use the Formatting Palette that often. The second option: View All Styles in the Style Dialogue box doesn't work. This is the one I want to use. It tells users to go the the Format menu and select Style command, then select All Styles on the List popup menu. I did this and clicked apply, but when I go back to the documen...

Need formula for :
I have formula wich generate a random number from a list .. -How can i let this formula runs 60 Times , and then put each rando number in seperated boxes... need 10 boxes with each 6 different numbers..non of 6 numbers in a bo may be the same.. It would be a great help thank you.. All info about usefull formulas are welcome ? Thx guys. -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Wraith, I'm not sure of what you exactly want, but if you want the same formula applied 60 times, put it in 60 cells. To make that a bit easier : Select 60 cells ( for instance 10 rows and 6 columns t...

Sheet Names #3
Hello, Is there a way yo can put a formula in a cell to have it equal what the sheet name is? Example( I have a spreadsheet with about 30 sheets in it. Each sheet has a different name. Instead of haveing to name every sheet, and tab twice is there a way I can rename the tab and have a formula i the sheet that will name the sheet the same as the tab name?) Try this: =RIGHT(CELL("filename",A2),LEN(CELL("filename",A2))-SEARCH("]",CELL("filename",A2))) Just don't put it in A2 or you'll get a circular reference. "Marcus" <Mar...

Query to Access : does'nt see tables
Office 2000 SP3 FR From Excel / MS Query, I want to read data in Access tables. I choose the mdb file and so MS Query displays this error message (translated) : "This data source does'nt have any visible table". Original in French : "Cette source de donn�es ne contient aucune table visible." I transfert my data to a new mdb file : it work's few times (!), then the error message appears again. How to resolve this problem ? Jacques. Gotcha ! MS Query does'nt accept a file name with 2 dot inside ! Example : MyFile.mdb --> Ok My.File.mdb --> "...

How do I incorporate a "check-box" in Microsoft Excel?
I am building a spreadsheet that will have multiple options for the intended user. I know that through Microsoft Excel you can build a "check-box" where the user would just simply click on a box and it automatically is checked. I just want to know how to do this. Thanks! If you want options it's better to use the option button, regardless they are in either the forms toolbar or the control toolbox toolbar under view>toolbars -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "app2121" <app2121@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:EE9440C0-F6E0-42B9-8A9D-D4B8ACD...

Change the Range of a Name
Is There a possibility, to change the Range of a name-dependent of the value of a Variable(perhaps Startrow rsp. Endrow)-with with a VBA-statement? Thank you for a good hint! dim Startrow as long dim endrow as long with activesheet .range(.cells(startrow,"B"),.cells(endrow,"c")).name = "myName" end with if myName already exists, this'll reassign it. If it didn't exist, it'll get created. (Did I misunderstand the question?) "H�lzl Otto" wrote: > > Is There a possibility, to change the Range of a name-dependent of the value &g...

Excel Formula for Column
Hello, I am new to excel and i have three columns (A,B,C,ect) of info and about 5000 rows (1,2,3,ect). Not sure if those are the correct names. I am trying to figure out how i can get every number in the B column to be multiplied by 7.25. All I have found on the net so far is how to multiply it by another cell, but thats not what I need. Can someone please help me or I am looking at alot of extra hours. Thanks in advance. Type 7.25 in an unused cell. Highlight the cell, select Edit, Copy, the select all cells in column B you want multiplied, then select Edit, Paste Special, Multipl...

how to change width of label box in pie chart
In EXCEL 2003 (but all versions have given this problem) When making a pie chart with long label names & especially when including other data, (%, & values) the names wrap part to next line. Is there a fix to make the label box wider? The label width is controlled only by Excel, and you can't do much about it. You could use a textbox instead, but it will not move with the pie wedge. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Tutorials and Custom Solutions http://PeltierTech.com _______ "me@rrc" <me@rrc@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A5CB...

How to see my mail queue?
Hi there, I have a Exchange 2000 running on Windows 2000 server. Could you please tell me how to monitor my emails in my mail queue? I can't find a location on the Windows to see the mail queue status. Thanks in advance, Ross To view the mail queues follow these steps: 1. Open system manager, Navigate down to the following location Your organization --> Administrative groups --> Your Admin group --> Servers --> Your Server --> Protocols --> SMTP --> SMTP virtual server --> Queues You should then see all the smtp queues and monitor mail. thanks, J. ...

I see you
Well, not really, but I used Google Earth to zoom in on the Flatiron Building. You can get so close you can see the utilities on the roof, the hydrants on the street, the little parkish area across 5th Avenue, etc etc. Cool! Now tell me where your office is (like where is Peter's window, what floor and facing what street). Google Earth lets you zoom in all directions so I'll be able to turn the map to see that window. Silly I know but still a connection on some level. Pats looked good but not great last night. I didn't watch much more of the game. I'm not sold on ...

Extract First Name From String
How can I extract the First Name only from the String Below? I only want to pick up 'Veronica' I can get the Last Name by using CHARINDEX(',',[Patient Name])-1 [Patient Name] = LUNA,VERONICA E -- Brian Conner Message posted via SQLMonster.com http://www.sqlmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/sql-server-programming/200912/1 Brian SELECT LEFT(@Value, CHARINDEX(',', @Value)-1), "Brian Conner via SQLMonster.com" <u47161@uwe> wrote in message news:a0558fa5b6081@uwe... > How can I extract the First Name only from the String Be...

Duplicate Record Name (when attempting to add a Team)
Greetings CRMers, I've got a new installation of CRM that I'm trying to learn to customize. At some point I had a team or queue that was called Field Support, and deleted it, but now I can't use the name any more and I don't know where to look to remove said name. Ideas... advice? Thanks in Advance, Fred ...

The recipient name is not recongnized
Trying to send out via internet mail. Exchange for local mail. When sending attachments I get error saying recipient name not recognized MTS-IS Exchange....When sending regulare mail it works fine. When sending attachments via Outlook 2000 it works fine. Any ideas? Not sure if it relates to your problem, but note that using Exchange & Internet mail in the same profile in Outlook 2000 and prior versions is not supported and can lead to all kinds of annoyances. Your Outlook is trying to send Internet out via Exchange, it sounds like....what's your default mail service?You can up...

Sorting names from a list
I want to highlight all names in a particular column, say column A starting with an alphabet value, say t, placed in a cell in anothe column, say B2. So, names are listed in column A, B2 contains t. I wil like to color all cells in column A that contain names strating with t I would actually prefer to create a macro. Any help will be mos welcome. Thanks -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi rkumar, Can't help you with a macro but this is very easily done with conditional formatting. Select the range to apply this to. Select Conditional Formatting Formula Is =LEFT(A1,1)...

Formula for computing work time in Excel
Hi, For instance, A1 = 8:20, B1 = 16:30. I need to compute in C1 the following: B1 - A1 - 0.5 hour. What is the formula? If I use formula B1 - A1 - 0:30 I get invalid value. Thanks, -- Alex Vinokur email: alex DOT vinokur AT gmail DOT com http://mathforum.org/library/view/10978.html http://sourceforge.net/users/alexvn =B1-A1-TIME(0,30,0) -- HTH Bob Phillips "Alex Vinokur" <alexvn@big-foot.com> wrote in message news:uGyW$ZgvFHA.2008@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > Hi, > > For instance, A1 = 8:20, B1 = 16:30. > I need to compute in C1 the fo...

Entering Absolute Cell Location In A Formula
Hello All, When I enter cell addresses into a formula, I can simply click on a cell, to have that cell's relative location added into a formula ( = C1 + D2). I want to click on the cells and have the absolute location added into a formula (=$C1 + $D1). Is there a combination of <CTRL> or <SHIFT> etc. that will do this? Thanks a lot in advance. Regards, Alton = click C1, press F4, + click D2, press F4 -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "Alton B. Wilson" <awilson4@cinci.rr.com> wrote in message news:uwI5ibCyDHA.2508@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > Hello All, > ...

Copying Named Ranges in Chart Series
I have a workbook with a tab that has charts and data. Because the number of data points can vary month to month, I have set up the chart to reference named ranges. The named ranges are columns that vary in length, defined by language like this: "yvals"=3DOFFSET('MainSheet'!$B$2,0,0,COUNTIF('MainSheet'!$B$2:$B $20,">0"),1) "xvals"=3DOFFSET('MainSheet'!$A$2,0,0,COUNTA('MainSheet'!$A$2:$A$20),1) The X and Y series use the named ranges. If I add or remove data the chart range automatically changes accordingly. These na...

To See or Not To See
I have copied a few tables of text from a web page into Excel. Some of the information contain word that are hyperlinks or email addresses. Is there a way to change those columns of information to reveal the web address or email address? Thanks So is it just displaying plaintext currently? Have you seen this information from the Help Menu? When you make changes to the Hyperlink and Followed Hyperlink styles, your changes apply to all hyperlinks (hyperlink: Colored and underlined text or a graphic that you click to go to a file, a location in a file, a Web page on the World Wide Web...

How do I set up and use a group box form control?
All I want to know is how to add a group box to a spreadsheet and add checkboxes so that they're "embedded" in the group box. (Now when I drag the group box around, the checkboxes don't move with it...) Show the drawing toolbar. There's an arrow icon that you can lasso the objects that you want grouped. Then right click on the "grouped" selection and select Grouping. Then Group. Click the arrow icon to get out of that mode. Grizz905 wrote: > > All I want to know is how to add a group box to a spreadsheet and add > checkboxes so that they're ...

E12 unable to see storage groups through EX MMC
We've been running E12 in a test environment for about 1 month and just today ran into a situation where the storage groups for a server are no longer visible from the console on that machine. If we view the server from a console on a different EX server we see all storage groups and stores. Any help is greatly appreciated Thanks can you list the storage groups and stores from the shell (EMS) on that server? did you try restarting EMC? -- Bharat Suneja MVP - Exchange www.zenprise.com NEW blog location: www.exchangepedia.com/blog ---------------------------------------------- &quo...