Omniform 5 Help

I'm exporting data from omniform 5 to excel. I can get it to work fine
except that it also imports a comma at the begining of all the data it
imports. I've tried to format the whole column to a date, number,
currency etc. but it didn't take the comma away. Any suggestions?

--
siriusone
siriusone's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=27921

siriusone Wrote:
> I'm exporting data from omniform 5 to excel. I can get it to work fine
> except that it also imports a comma at the begining of all the data it
> imports. I've tried to format the whole column to a date, number,
> currency etc. but it didn't take the comma away. Any suggestions?

Maybe someone familiar with Omniform will have a better answer to
prevent the comma from being imported, but until then, you can use
Text-to-Columns to remove the comma.  (Save your file before doing this
in case of undesired results....)

Highlight your column of data, click Data>Text to Columns.. and choose
Delimited and click Next>  check the box for Comma as the delimiter and
click Next>  if the first column in the data preview is blank (it should
be blank and be highlighted) select "Do not Import column (skip)", set
the Destination to the first cell in your highlighted column and click
finish.

Does this work for you?

--
swatsp0p

swatsp0p's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=15101
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=474180

If this is the only comma in the cell, you should be able to use Search and
Replace to replace the comma with nothing.

On Fri, 7 Oct 2005 10:45:00 -0500, siriusone
<siriusone.1wjhqf_1128701116.4936@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote:

>I'm exporting data from omniform 5 to excel. I can get it to work fine
>except that it also imports a comma at the begining of all the data it
>imports. I've tried to format the whole column to a date, number,
>currency etc. but it didn't take the comma away. Any suggestions?
0
anonymous (74719)

Printing on 5.5"x8.5" paper
I am trying to print invitations and I have purchased 5.5"x8.5" paper to use. Within Publisher I have changed the paper to the correct size, changed the formatting, etc. but it continues to print incorrectly. It's as if it is printing in the center of a 8.5"x11" piece of paper. How do I fix this!? What version Publisher? You need to setup a custom size in your printer. Publisher should reflect the size in page setup. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Sarahkc2003" <Sarahkc2003@di...

Pictures #5
When I send pictures using outlook I attach them and you can only open one at a time in photo editor. Is there a setting that I can use to insert the pictures in the message area and when opened I will be able to scroll down for viewing? Thank you Mary Lou mlherrick@timrongear.com <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > When I send pictures using outlook I attach them and you > can only open one at a time in photo editor. > > Is there a setting that I can use to insert the pictures > in the message area and when opened I will be able to > scroll down for v...

find #5
is it possible to add a find box in2 a sheet so that a user can enter certain criterias and then they click search and the computer searches thorough the data in the workbook and then sends back all the results matching the criteria? In xl2002+, you can specify "within workbook" under the options button on the find dialog. In all versions, you could use Jan Karel Pieterse's FlexFind: http://www.bmsltd.ie/MVP/ ash wrote: > > is it possible to add a find box in2 a sheet so that a > user can enter certain criterias and then they click > search and the computer s...

Newsletter dilemma; Help
I am creating a newsletter in MS Publisher 2003 and I want to be able to insert it in an email so everyone can view it even if they don't have MS Publisher. Now here's the kicker. I also have urls/hotlinks I want to have accessed from the newsletter. I have tried converting it to an Acrobat 7.0 file but I am unable to convert it to something user friendly that I can insert into the email body so people can just click links and off they go. Any suggestions? Thanx JAS Hi Johnathon Aaron Steel (slush@slush.ca), in the newsgroups you posted: || I am creating a newsletter in MS Publ...

Can someone please help to shade a day on a calendar.
I have been able to shade two days, but not just one, because when I tried to highlight the end of cell marker it also shaded the following day. Please help! Thanks, Rose Usually clicking in or tabbing into a cell is sufficient to select it. -- Suzanne S. Barnhill Microsoft MVP (Word) Words into Type Fairhope, Alabama USA http://word.mvps.org "Brittany" <Brittany@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D644DAA7-CFC0-426B-A4B9-97EDCB11ECED@microsoft.com... >I have been able to shade two days, but not just one, because when I tried >to ...

Exchange 5.5 problems #2
Howdy: I am running an E 5.5 server on NT4 all patched A new porblem Howdy: I am running an E5.5 server on NT4 all patched A problem has come up where all the services are running and users who are connected to the E 5.5 work correctly, however, the E5.5 suddenly becomes "lost". Users who try to open outlook get: "information store cannot be opened" Trying to Check Name on the Outlook services gets: "Name cannot be resolved" The E5.5 responds to ping Opening the MEA gets an odd error message that Micro$oft has no answer, nor can I get an answer through goog...

more help
my graph is not linear, so how would i go about finding what x equals, when y equals 30%, 60%, and 10% in an xy scatterplot Chip, Please pose your continued question in the original thread so we will know of what you speak. "chip smith" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0b0d01c3a544$3dc1dc20$a601280a@phx.gbl... > my graph is not linear, so how would i go about finding > what x equals, when y equals 30%, 60%, and 10% in an xy > scatterplot ...

Help Help Help!!
Is this possbile? I have a spreadsheet which has a cell e.g. A5 which represents the total of the cells above e.g. A1:A4. When I finish updating my spreadsheet I run a simple macro which takes the total and copies the value to another cell e.g. B1. Now here's the problem. On occassion I may need to total more than four cells and therefore I have insert rows to add the extra information. However when I run the macro the wrong value is picked up as the cell with the total has now moved. Is anyone able to suggest a solution to this? Thanks a lot. Simon -- sgrech ---------------...

TYPING KARAOKE PGS NEED HELP
i am trying to figure out how to type continuous pages for a karaoke catalog 3 headings song title artist disk# when i check print preview it only shows me one page i am new at this typing one handed due to a stroke but i need to also be able to add new songs and then sort them alpa then need to redo by artist the song title then disk if any one can help it would be most appreciated there is approximately 192 pgs ea book thank you so very much patti In Print preview press PgDn. Does this give he next pages? Another issue might be print area. Go to File-Print Area-Clear Print A...

Error 5.5.5
Some clients email isn't allowed to come into the firms Exchane 2k spk 4 server. The error reads "Requested mail action aborted. Exceeded storage allocation". This user has a clean mailbox. and the mail doesn't come through. this happens to different account within our company. Please open up my understanding. Thank you. ...

Mailbox Manager for 5.5
I am trying to use the Mailbox Manager to clean the mailboxes in my organization. It works the very first time after installation, but then either through manually starting the clean or using the scheduled scan method, it doesn't work. It runs, but it says that it processed 0 mailboxes. After uninstall and re-install of Mailbox Manager, it works again the first time, but then doesn't work again. I'm using Microsoft Exchange Server 5.5 SP4 and have installed the MM from SP4 CD. Make sure you don't have Outlook on the server. It has been known that running Outlook (o...

XML Help!
Hello, I need some help with XML and dataset. Take a look at this schema at the bottom of this email. If I load this in a dataset, I get two tables, "mandatoryUsageUserIdList" and "mandatoryUsageUserIdList2". Good. If you see the type "ReplacementUserIdList", it has an element "userId" with maxOccurs attribute of 2147483647.. However, the tables "mandatoryUsageUserIdList" and "mandatoryUsageUserIdList2" simply contain them as another column thereby making multiple rows impossible for "userId".. I was actually expect...

Please Help, this should work.
I want to be able to enter a number into a cell and have a table or new spread sheet pop up based on the number that was entered. For example, if I enter a "4" in a cell I want a 1x4 table or spread sheet to pop up. I would then enter a value in each of the new four cells then the sum of those values would be placed in the cell immediately to the right of the "4" that was entered initailly. This has got to work. If it can't please suggest an alternative. Thanks. How about an inputbox with four numbers separated by a space then parse that and sum the values. --- ...

IE8 new window help
Hi all, when I open a new window from a previous hyperlink click ie right click and "open in new window", it has a small screen size one that I dont like, I need to know how to make all future windows to open at a custom size but not full screen. im using Internet Explorer 8 and win XP Pro with SP3. Thanks all GK Try stretching the small window to the desired size. Ensure that window is the last one closed and IE should remember the size next time. ....Alan -- Alan Edwards, MS MVP Windows -Internet Explorer On Sun, 27 Jun 2010 05:26:44 GMT, in microsoft.p...

Help with date/cost formula
This is a booking form for a holiday rental property which is completed by the `renter` and the idea is my form works out the total cost and dates when deposit and balance are due, I thought this might help to explain what I am trying to achieve. In K7,J7,I7 & G7,F7,E7 I have dates eg 22 07 2010 & 29 07 2010 So in cell J24 I have =DATE(K7,J7,I7)-DATE(G7,F7,E7) which gives me the number of days which is 7 In K24 I have a cost (�42) which is J24* N3 (which is 7 X 24) which gives me a total cost for the 7 days. (�294) This is for someone renting my property ...

Import .PST to Exchange 5.5?
I need to get a few hundred contacts from a Contacts .pst file into the Exchange Global Address List. The only things I have found how to do so far are export and input manually. Any suggestions? Thanks Dave On Wed, 6 Dec 2006 19:46:12 -0000, "Dave Bolt" <dave@NO_SPAM_PLEASE_davebolt.fsnet.co.uk> wrote: >I need to get a few hundred contacts from a Contacts .pst file into the >Exchange Global Address List. >The only things I have found how to do so far are export and input manually. >Any suggestions? >Thanks >Dave > Do a Google for "exmerge"...

Mailboxes loosing permissions after 5.5 to 2003 migration.
Hello. We are in the process of migrating users from Exchange 5.5 to Exchange 2003 and we are seeing a problem with permissions on individual mailbox folders getting migrated properly. The problem is as follows. After a mailbox has been moved to E2K3 SP2 Enterprise Cluster (using Move Mailbox Wizard) anyone that use to be able to view one or more folders in that mailbox is no longer able to. The error that the users are getting when they try to view a shared folder in a mailbox that has been migrated is "Unable to display folder." All my users have been moved to the E2K3 Cluster...

asset allocation #5
I have several funds that I have with Principal Financial Group - most are 'proprietary' (not sure what the right word is) and there is no ready-to-use ticker symbol to plug into Money. How do I get the asset allocation for each fund and then where do I update it in Money so that my "asset allocation analysis" is more correct? Thanks, David "theorbo" <reply@to-group.nfo> wrote in message news:A1E88713-41EB-40A2-AA4C-694F4D1CA914@microsoft.com... > How do I get the asset allocation for each fund From the prospectus. > and then where do I update...

Help with IF, AND & OR statements...
Hi all... Fantastic site you got here. :) I can't get this formula to work. =IF(AND(10>5; 10=(OR(3;6;8;22;10)));\"TRUE\";\"FALSE\" It returns false. How do I return TRUE? Best regards TecWiz -- tecwiz ----------------------------------------------------------------------- tecwizz's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1661 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=31475 What are you trying to do? 10 is always greater than 5. etc., etc. -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "...

WriteFile need help,
Can some one explaint to me why is my output file print out garbage string, event I print BOM at the begining of the file? Did I miss something? output.txt ⁥Tue Feb 07 15:22:02 2006⁢ Testing log file 1. ///////////MY CODE//////////////////// WORD BOM=0xfeff; DWORD cBytes; hFile = CreateFile(szDirectory, GENERIC_WRITE, FILE_SHARE_WRITE, NULL, CREATE_NEW, FILE_ATTRIBUTE_NORMAL, NULL); if (NULL != hFile && INVALID_HANDLE_VALUE != hFile) { SetFilePointer(hFile, 0, NULL, FILE_BEGIN); WriteFile(hFile, &BOM, sizeof(BOM), &cBytes, NULL); } void WriteToFile(wchar_t* p_...

outlook 2003 problems #5
Hi Many of my users report problems when they are opening attachments in outlook2003. word and excel attatchm.....it takes alot of time from klicking the attatchment to get it open...and sometimes they get a "operation failed" from outlook. This is not the same attatchment, so the problem is not the attachm. I have the same problem on my laptop...and i have also tried to reinnstall and apply all patches sp1. with no luck. Is this a problem in office 2003?? and i think it is much slower to use..?? is this true?? I hav etried to save the attachment to local drive...but it is st...

5.5 priv growing too fast #2
Our 5.5 database has almost doubled in the past month. Just watching it this morning, it has grown about 100 MB in the past hour. Last month we were having issues with the IS stopping so we applied the rollup patch KB841765 and it seems to have stopped that problem. That is the only thing we've done in a while minus security patches. At that time, we had upped the logging on the IMC to Minimum, but that's been removed since. All of our mailboxes have a 100 MB limit. We have about 1600 right now on 1 server. We're not sure where to start looking for space. Our 1...

Please help with Exchange POP3 Server.
Dear all, I have a problem with mail exchage. I have an user account who have two mail boxs. one mail box is using exchange and another one is using POP3. The problem is the mailbox that using POP3 can not delivery mail to outside but can only delivery in the local. And it used to work normally before. I don't know what is wrong. So, anyone could you please help me with this? I look forward to hearing from you. Thanks in advance, Susan What version of Exchange and Outlook? -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Need Help with Common Ta...

Ex 5.5 to 2003 move mailbox method
Any reason why I cant install the ADC after the 2003 install is done. But before I move any mailboxes of course. What's the error? -- This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. OR if you wish to include a script sample in your post please add "Use of included script samples are subject to the terms specified at http://www.microsoft.com/info/cpyright.htm "Bentley Bear" <pmettes@comcast.net> wrote in message news:poand.425159$D%.132847@attbi_s51... > Any reason why I cant install the ADC after the 2003 install is...

Exchange 5.5 system attendant service hangs
Here is the situation store.exe was taking 100% of resources I rebooted the server and when it came back up the system attendant was hung on starting.I have also noticed when i login with the domain admin account i cannot access the app and system log in event viewer as well as exchange administrator i get access denied on all 3 i have ran esutil and mtacheck with everything seeming ok this is a exchange 5.5 with all updates and nt 4.0 server with all updates. A little info i can login as local admin and can open all 3 but when i open exchange administrator it can not find the exchan...