Old Links; Removal of

Anyone have code and/or a .xla which will remove
inherited-outdated links from a w/s which no longer needs
the link.

I am surprised that MS does not offer a delete link
button in the Edit>Links "boxes."

Thanks in advance

It does - 2002 onwards.

Prior to that, go pick up a copy of Bill Manvilles FINDLINK function which is
freely downloadable from the following site:-

http://www.bmsltd.co.uk/MVP/Default.htm

--
Regards
                  Sys Spec - Win XP Pro /  XL 00/02/03

 Seasons Greetings and Very Best wishes to all  :-)

"Dennis" <dmburgess@nospamameritech.net> wrote in message
> Anyone have code and/or a .xla which will remove
> inherited-outdated links from a w/s which no longer needs
> the link.
>
> I am surprised that MS does not offer a delete link
> button in the Edit>Links "boxes."
>
> Thanks in advance

---

ken.wright (2489)
12/31/2003 5:59:22 PM
This XLA is fantasti

removal of zero in column chart
I have a worksheet that charts weekly values. I put these values into a chart, which is regularly updated as I change the weekly values. I don't want any zerio values to be charted. Is there any way for me to have the chart only display the >0 values and display NO COLUMN if the value was zero? thanks. Where does the X axis cross the Y axis? If what you mean is that you dont want the catagories with 0 to be plotted, the simplest way to do it depends on whether you have the data in columns or rows. Since the charts by default only plot from visible cells, You can hide the colu...

Files in folder Windows.old in Vista
I have installed Ultimate on a Business version and then received the Windows.old folder. I want to delete it but have found same working files in old path than in the new. It appears that Windows updates the working files in both folders. Are they mirrored or copies. I changed the name of one file in old - corresponding file in the new folder received the same name. If I delete files from Windows.old will they be deleted from current folder too? "HBj" <HBj@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:12D90C20-D766-48D2-AA9C-D0FF7097DEBA@microsoft.com... ...

ListBox do not display items from linked xls table
Dear Colleagues, Please advise what may be wrong, access stopped to display items from linked excel table? In the same time, if I link access table it works properly. I think it became after recent october updates, but I am not shure. Thank you in advance On Oct 18, 11:17 am, Sergey <sdol...@gmail.com> wrote: > Dear Colleagues, > > Please advise what may be wrong, access stopped to display items from > linked excel table? > In the same time, if I link access table it works properly. > I think it became after recent october updates, but I am not shure. > > Than...

Removing Text Spaces
I imported an email list. The only content in a cell is the the email address followed by and space and then the recipient's name in parentheses. Each address has several spaces before it. How can I eliminate those spaces? I cannot just delete spaces, because of the space between the email address and the first parentheses and because of the space between the recipient's first and last name. =TRIM(A1) -- HTH RP (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "mcp6453" <mcp6453@earthlink.net> wrote in message news:u7qtqxApFHA.2472@tk2msftngp13.phx....

office 2007 and old office 2003 excel files
I have a desktop pc with Office 2003 and Vista Home premium system. I am getting a new laptop and am purchasing office 2007 home student to install on it. With the laptop I can access shared files from the desktop. However, all my old files were generated by office 2003. Will the office 2007 be able to access and process these old files? Also, can I uninstall office 2003 from my desktop and install the office 2007 on it and use the old files created by office 2003? Thanks. Carl Yes, Excel 2007 can read 2003 files... You can either convert them to the new version by savi...

Opening docs from old versions
In attempting to open a doc created in an ancient version of Word (for Windows, not DOS), I get this message: "You are attempting to open a file that was created in an earlier version of Microsoft Office. This file type is blocked from opening by your registry policy setting." What is the registry setting I must change to override this and allow the opening? Thanks. -TedMi Hi Ted, I'm pretty sure this is the KB article you need: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/938810 There are both downloadable reg files and instructions for manual editing...

Retrieving/opening Outlook express emails from old drive
Hi all, I recently needed to replace the hard drive in my notebook. The old drive is still operational, so I can now using it as an external hard disc. How can I open to read / and save or import all the email folders in Outlook express from this older disc? I'd like to save all those messages to a backup/archive. Thanks, Shayne. Try posting this in an Outlook Express news group - this is not one of them. Outlook is a part of Microsoft Office and is what this group supports. Outlook Express is a part of Internet Explorer and has its own news groups. You can also find some good Out...

old posts
How can I find a post I made yesterday? Hi, when you open this post, click on your name, it will pop up a window with your information, at the to right click on Recent posts by this user if this helps please click yes, thanks "Eric" wrote: > How can I find a post I made yesterday? I'd use google. Give it enough information (keywords/author/subject): http://groups.google.com/advanced_group_search http://groups.google.com/advanced_group_search?q=group:*Excel*&num=100 Ron de Bruin has an excel addin that you may like: http://www.rondebruin.nl/Google.htm Eric wrote:...

Outlook Links 02-19-10
Is there anyone who can email the solution to the folling problem to dannyhorner@comcast.net? When I try to launch a link from within MS Outlook 2007 all it does it start Word. Any help will be appreciated! -- DDH "Nighthawk" <Nighthawk@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:141AB336-C4E5-4859-9BBD-62941BDDEA64@microsoft.com... > Is there anyone who can email the solution to the folling problem to > dannyhorner@comcast.net? Ask here, get an answer here. It is unwise to post real mail addresses in public forums. > When I try to la...

linking to several workbooks in Excel
I am working in Excel 2003. I have 1 workbook with 25 tabs. I then have a summary page that needs to link to each workbook. I have created the first line, and linked the cells to the first tab, but now want to "follow that trend" so that it will link to the same cells in each workbook. I started to do this manually and it is taking forever. There must be a better way. Right? If the sheet names are named as Sheet1, Sheet2, Sheet3 etc; then try the below which will link to the cell A1 of each sheet. Apply the below formula and copy down as required.. =INDIRECT(...

Changed a pers folder to "Old Stuff" now can't close/del "Old Stu.
When I installed Outlook I ended up with three "Personal Folders" folders. I was able to delete one of them by changing the name and right clicking on the new name. I changed the name of the 2nd and when I tried to delete it I got the message: "The operation failed. An object could not be found." Has anyone had this problem and if so, did they find a solution? What version of Outlook? Try creating a new mail profile - it sounds like yours is corrupt. -- Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert l...

Removing custom menu for macros
I inadvertently created a couple of custom menus for macros and need to know the steps to eliminate them from the toolbar. Thanks in advance for any direction on this matter. Brad Choose Tools/Customize and drag them off the toolbar. In article <OJbP8RSLEHA.3216@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl>, "Brad Reid" <lreid@flash.net> wrote: > I inadvertently created a couple of custom menus for macros and need to know > the steps to eliminate them from the toolbar. Thanks in advance for any > direction on this matter. Brad JE, it seems to work -- dragging them off the too...

Outlook gets OLD messages again....
How does this happen? I've got messages coming in from April that I had deleted. May be your provider restored a backup? -- EDV-Service Marchert [Peter Marchert] --------------------------------------- Homepage: http://www.marchert.de Rufnummernformatierung mit EditNumbers Kontakte per Mausklick mit ContactMaker smerf schrieb: > How does this happen? I've got messages coming in from April that I had > deleted. It's 1and1.com.....the girl that answered couldn't do anything but request a sample email from me and promise a call later. This has happened...

Excel 2002: Updating links to other workbooks
I have a workbook with links to several other workbooks. When I open the workbook and click Update Links, I get a message box stating that not all links can be updated. When I check the links via Edit | Links, the display shows all the linked workbooks with status OK. Does anyone know why this happens and/or how to fix it? Thank you, CM. Deb Dalgleish site has a solution: http://www.contextures.com/xlDataVal02.html Look at other responses by searching on "dependent validation" "CM" wrote: > I have a workbook with links to several other workbooks. When I ope...

How old are you?
I'm trying to work out the age of someone, based on the current date an their date of birth. I've used the YEAR [Year(A1)-Year(B1)] function bu it rounds up? Can anyone help? Thank -- tee ----------------------------------------------------------------------- teeb's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1317 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=51062 Hi teeb With the date of birth in B2 Completed years =IF(B2<=TODAY(),DATEDIF(B2,TODAY(),"Y"),-DATEDIF(TODAY(),B2,"Y")) See also http://www...

My links (bar charts) print in b&w but they should be in colour
We have sharepoint set up on our network that stores word documents. One of the contributors posts word documents that have excel embedded bar charts. When I open these documents, the charts are in colour, however, when I try and print them, they print in black and white. It only seems to affect the charts since tables that have coloured cells do not seem to be affected. Do you think the problem is with the charts or with the document that they are embedded in? How can I fix this problem? he may have his print option set for grayscale. check <file><pagesetup><options&...

how can I get old replaced excel file
I have one A file, suddenly I have go to sav as option & select file B to replace with A I said yes, but my mistake I said yes. Please see how can I get that old A file from back date ? Use the backup copy. If you didn't create a backup last time, make sure that you do next time. In your "Save As" dialogue, "General Options" comes from the Tools option (in Excel 2007). If you didn't create a backup copy yourself, then you are out of luck unless your system (or your IT department if you have one) has created a backup, or unless you sent a cop...

How do I view old appointmens in my calendar.
I'm trying to view old appointments in my calendar but it only shows activity for the past 10 months. How can I see what I did a year ago or more? Are you using autoarchive to clean up the old appointments? If so, you need to open the archive. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/ Outlook Tips by email: mailto:dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net EMO - a weekly newsletter about Outlook and Exchange: mailto:EMO-NEWSLETTER-SUBSCRIBE-REQUEST@PEACH.EASE.LS...

link data shape property to size and position entry
Dear Visio Experts - I need your help to find a solution for this issue Problem: I want to have the height and width of a drawing(for ex: rectangle) coming from the excel which I have linked to the Visio? For ex: I have an XL with following data set. Type X-side Y - side Block1 8 1 Block2 1 2 Block3 2 4 I linked this XL to visio using Data--> Link data to shapes->excel workbook. I got external data window in XL and was able to draw rectangles on visio drawing which are linked to the external data window. Now in the size and shape properties window of each re...

ADModify
Hello, I have to remove from 1000 Exchange 2003 Mailboxes additional users of an old NT4 Domain from the mailbox rights. I knew the ADModify tool to export and import the rights in XML files, but the modification of the XML files for the 1000 User with that domainuser included from a list of 18000 mailboxes is not so simple. A second problem is that after the import of the mailbox rights the ACE_MB_FULL_ACCESS property was not set correctly in the user object. The User only has read permissions after a import with FULL Access set. Is it possible to remove a user directly for the Mai...

word keeps changing old date to current date on old documents
I have word documents from weeks ago and when I go back into them the date automatically changes and I no longer know the original date that they were typed. Any help? Press Alt+F9 to display the field code. Edit DATE to read CREATEDATE. Press Alt+F9 again to toggle back and F9 to update. Better yet, change the field in the template on which the documents are based. -- Suzanne S. Barnhill Microsoft MVP (Word) Words into Type Fairhope, Alabama USA http://word.mvps.org "BrittRox" <BrittRox@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D9770213-7D10-4C3...

Updating my old Comp.
Hello, I have an old computer, a VPR Matrix 180R, and i want to rip its guts out and put new hardware in. The only problem is i have literally no idea where to begin. I want to get a new motherboard but i dont know what is compatable with this system. My current motherboard specs are; Manufacturer:Intel Corp. Model:D845EBT Version:AAA92334-304 NorthBridge: Intel i845E Rivision E0 CPU: Intel Pentium 4 CPU 1.80 GHz CPU Socket: 478mPGA 5 pci 1 agp slot I want to buy a new motherboard and then a new processor, as well as ram and if i have to a hard drive and a PCI-E gra...

OWA Public Folder Link
Greetings, Currently I have a songle forest/exchange organization with 2 sites connected by vpn. Routing groups are working well to route messages between the sites (A & B). The problem I have is that one site has to come down for an extended period of time, so I am rushing to make sure all of the services I have at that site (siteB) are moved. One of these is a mail-enabled public folder. When users access their mailboxes using OWA on siteA and click on Public Folder, their browser takes them to siteB. How can I change this so that the browser stays on siteA (since siteB will be...

Linked Cell Formatting
The issue I'm having is formatting of linked text. I'm not even sure if this is possible using excel. I have 3 worksheets within a workbook. One sheet has a few hundred cell full of text that I can move around. A second sheet links the data utilizing the following formula: =INDIRECT("data!b2") to the third sheet. The reason I need to do the indirect data link is to maintain cell references. I need to move the text around but keep the cell references the same. What I'd like to do is format the text in the first sheet (bold, italics, color, etc) and have this formatting...

how to get software from old PC to new PC
I have a very old PC running Windows XP and an old version of Office Small Business 2002. Currently I have upgrated to Office Standard 2007. I want to by a new PC running Windows 7 64-bit. I have the original set up disks for Office Small Business 2002 and a couple of upgrade disks. Can I take the disks I have and apply them to the new computer? Sure you can but you might want to run the Win7 upgrade advisor first and verify the Office 2002 is even compatible with Widows 7. "JTC" <JTC@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:834AB8BF-26F9-4D73-B74...