OH, I need help fast.(Excel-Adobe)

Can an Adobe file be converted to an excel file?  I have a 7 page report in
Adobe and I need only part of it & I need to be able to make changes.  I
REALLY don't want to type this whole thing again, if it would only let me cut
and paste, NOOOOOOO.  Please help, I have to do it before I can leave work
today.
Thanks
0
DKR2379 (5)

DKR,

If you open the .pdf file in Adobe Reader rather than Adobe Acrobat, you
should be able to select all the text you want, and paste into Excel.

-Michael H

"DKR" wrote:

> Can an Adobe file be converted to an excel file?  I have a 7 page report in
> Adobe and I need only part of it & I need to be able to make changes.  I
> REALLY don't want to type this whole thing again, if it would only let me cut
> and paste, NOOOOOOO.  Please help, I have to do it before I can leave work
> today.
> Thanks
0
MichaelH (12)
11/4/2005 8:20:02 PM
You can select Text and paste into Excel but I am pretty sure you will
lose the table formatting so all of the copied text gets put into one
column and multiple rows.  I have some software that converts called
Able to Extract.  It works well with only minimal clean up to reproduce
the table format as is in Adobe.  I think the license is under $100,
well worth it if you have to do this a lot.  You can purchase and
download off their website or if if is not high security stuff, forward
to me and I'll convert it for you.

Cheers,

Steve

steven.gatz@computershare.com

--
SteveG
SteveG's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=7571

I'm leaving at 4 EST so I'll need it a minute or two before then.

Steve

--
SteveG
SteveG's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=7571
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=482328

Still need help
The subroutine did not run as I received the Macro Disabled message. I clicked OK, and next time I opened the workbook, I didn't get the Macro Warning, but the subroutine apparently didn't run as the chosen cells were not blank. I don't want people who use my workbook to have to deal with macro warnings. Is this something that must be set on each user's computer, or can I set it in my workbook so the subroutine automatically runs on everyone's computer? Do I need to get a Certificate? Here's my code. Are the () and the " " necessary? I'm...

We need consistency of layout from from series to series
Somehow the layout of pages from series to series is not consistent. For example in the Sales series the Transaction palette is in the upper left corner, Cards are on the upper right, Reports are in the bottom left. In the Inventory area I have the Cards in the upper left, Transactions are in the upper right and Inquiry is in the bottom left. How can I make it consistent from series to series? ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the m...

bulk import of contacts needed
I have 15000 contact objects that I need to import into ad and A) create user objects including all their contact information B) create Homedirs, including permissions C) create mailboxes in one of four specified mailstores. Any ideas? Script it. -- Bharat Suneja MVP - Exchange www.zenprise.com NEW blog location: www.exchangepedia.com/blog ---------------------------------------------- "PJ" <paul.a.jensen@gmail.com> wrote in message news:UtW%g.31781$P7.17739@edtnps90... >I have 15000 contact objects that I need to import into ad and > > A) create user ob...

Help with transferring data in one column to multiple columns.
I have a list of data that ranges from one cell in column A to over 400 cells (this can change as well) in column A. At the moment I have to manually cut and paste the first 50 cell from column A to Column B, then manually cut and paste the next 50 from column A to column C, then the next 50 into column D and so on. The above should be flexible where I can vary the number of cells to be cut and pasted. Is there a way that the above can be automated? Any help offered would be appreciated. -- Thank U and Regards Ann This code should do it for you - goes into a regular code module. ...

Filters, Buttons, Queries, oh my!
i have a main form with a subform. the main form and the subform are unrelated. the subform is based on a query that lists a load of stuff and does some calcs that use numbers on the main form with numbers from the subform. this all works great. i have some buttons that allow me to cause a filter to be applied to the subform based on the code that i put in the buttons on click event. there are 6 buttons that turn on a specific filter and 6 other buttons that turn off the filter. i know i probably should have used toggle buttons, but as i am still learning i wanted to make it easy on my...

need suggestions on Hardware
I have one Exchange 2003 Server running on a crappy box, and would like to migrate everything over to a brand new server. Could you provide me with suggestions on what would be an excellent server solution for an Exchange 2003 Server ? We have been using Dell machines, but I would prefer not to go with SCSI drives, maybe SATA would be better. Also, there is a link that is thrown around here about Ed Crowley's migration method as well as the MSKB method, could someone send me the links for that ? Thanks for any help and suggestions !! chrism Here is an article that involves migr...

macros in excel 2000
Hi, I'm doing some research on a large database of 2000 people, and all of them have completed different questionnaires. everyone has their own id number. I'm using excel 2000 and am trying to merge the various questionnaires into one big file and sort the data so that for any given individual (id number) their responses are on the same row. the problem is that not every individual has completed every questionnaire, so I'm merging data files of different sizes and need to then line up the id numbers for the individual questionnaires so they match up eg. questionnaire 1: id. ...

Excel 2007 Help
I have recently upgraded to Excel 2007. Naturally things are a bit different and I am working through them. But 2 things I can't find. How do I add a menu option so I can list all my macros and 2 In 2003 there used to be a box you could click on to instantly go to nakmed ranges. Where do I find this? Also is there discussion page solely for Excel 2007 changes? Thanks Rick "Rick" <Rick@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2E22DB87-CC1F-4032-B6FE-6872C0158421@microsoft.com... >I have recently upgraded to Excel 2007. > > Naturally things are a bit ...

Help with renaming data in a new column
Hello, I hope this is not too confusing: I am putting several spreadsheets together to use during my fantasy baseball draft. I'm creating a sheet for each team, and on each team's page I'm trying to sort their draft results by position. I have a formula that can do this, but in order to use it I need to uniquely identify each player's position. For example, if a team's first four picks are (Players in Column A on the sheet, their respective positions in Column B) Helton 1B Pujols 1B, OF Sexson 1B Abreu OF then I would like a column C to read the result from B, and if B...

Need to change the name that appears when inserting comments?
hi is there a way to change the name that appears when it comes to inserting comments into excel.? the product is licensed to our company, but this is the name that appears when inserting comments, and not the user who is inserting them. any ideas? When a comment is inserted in a cell, the inserter's name is stored in two places: 1. in the body of the comment 2. in the status bar message that appears when you mouse-over the comment Excel uses the Username, not the logon name. To set the Username: Tools > Options > General > Username -- Gary''s Student - gsnu200...

Lead Form OnChange event jscript ot Working need expert advice
I created the following Jscript in the lead form onchange in zipcode, However it doesnt seem to work, Please look at it and give me some advice. What this Script is suppose to do, is when you put a ZipCode in thtas in the array, it and move to the next field, it should automatically populate the Address1_County Attribute, But it doesnt. Please HELP.. Thanks I have hit a Brick wall moving at 100 miles an hour, without a Helmet! crmForm.all.address1_postalcode.DataValue { var info = new Array(192); info[0]="NW Palm Beach"; info[1]="33478"; info[2]="33418"...

Excel 97 Spreadsheet
Hi, I have a question about excel 97 I'm setting up an excel spreadsheet for a Reading Teacher. She needs 4-columns called Names,Hearing/Sounds, Stanine, and Writing/Vocabulary. The question I have is the columns called (Writing/Vocabulary) and (Hearing/ Sounds)will have scores and the teacher would like to clic on Desceding or Acsending and sort the scores to see which studen needs more help by checking lower scores. How do I do that so that the scores will move with the names when sh sorts them? Basically what I need is the 1st column would be (Names) the 2nd would be (Hearing/Sounds...

Need to retrieve information from a retired server
Hoping someone can help, here's the situation: A Windows 2000 server had lots of problems so a new server was purchased. The users were using Outlook to download their email via remote POP server, but were using their Exchange mailboxes to store the data. For the migration, we went around to all stations and exported peoples' information from Outlook to pst files, which were later imported ... we no longer use Exchange but just pst files stored in a server folder. This has worked perfectly for everyone, except one user has told me she doesn't have her contacts. I can only specula...

Reply accidentally opens Excel instead of using Outlook
I have a weird problem when using Outlook. When ever I click reply on a message a new Microsoft Excel workbook opens and the worksheet is populated with the message. I never set up Outlook to reply with Excel and I would like it to stop. I would appreciate any suggestions or solutions to this problem. Thanks, Matt I haven't seen this issue before, but I would try the following: Close Outlook. Find and rename the following files: outcmd.dat, frmcache.dat, extend.dat, *.SRS. Open Outlook and test to see if the issue has resolved. Let me know. -- Kathleen Orland - MVP Outlook Outloo...

Help with VBE Need to autoselect rows #4
Ok that works, but now i have one last problem when i run that command i have rows with row numbers in them fo example 1 2 3 4 and so on. the code i currently have in these cells is =row(a1) =row(a2) and so on. my problem is when i use this code it puts in 2 rows and my rows no look like 1 2 1 2 3 4 is their any way to make the numbering automatic? Thank -- greenfalco ----------------------------------------------------------------------- greenfalcon's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1362 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...

Needed addin?
I need Go here -- Regards Dave Hawley www.ozgrid.com "Twayne" <nobody@spamcop.net> wrote in message news:OIJ9KbN2KHA.5212@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... >I need ...

Expand list in Excel.
Hi. I had made a list menu (Validation data, drop down list etc.) in an Excel sheet. I would like now to expand (to add new cells with extra data) to the list. I tried to do this but I couldn’t . Is it possible ? How? (I don’t want to write the total workbook again from the beginning) Thank you. Hi George make your validation list dynamic Supposing your validation list is on Sheet2 in column A Insert>name>Define> Name myList Refers to =Sheet2!$A$1:INDEX(Sheet2!$A:$A,COUNTA(Sheet2!$A:$A)) In your Data Validation, List =myList For more information on Dynamic ...

How to open two separate excel files side by side?
For example, two excel files are separate but some data are related to each other. So, I would like to open two files side by side (horizontally or vertically) to compare the data. I could not figure out how to do with 07Excel. Please advise me. John Start Excel; open the two files Open the View tab; in the Window group click Arrange All and select either vertical or horizontal best wishes -- Bernard V Liengme Microsoft Excel MVP http://people.stfx.ca/bliengme remove caps from email "Jorge Cervantes" <machocraig@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:edOup172JHA.3304@TK2M...

Error when entering and exiting excel
I receive an error when I open excel stating: " Compile error in hidden module: AutoExecNew" and I receive an error message when I exit excel which states "Compile error in hidden module: DistMon." It does not report any error to the event log. Any help in fixing these error would be greatly appreciated. Thanks. Hi Randy, > I receive an error when I open excel stating: " > Compile error in hidden module: AutoExecNew" and I receive an error message > when I exit excel which states "Compile error in hidden module: DistMon." > It do...

I need a suggestion
I would like to have a form that has...say 10 yes/no controls. These controls will be "linked" in some manner to a table that I'll call a "Directory", which will have up to 10 entries. If the Directory only has 3 entries, then the rest of the yes/no controls will not be visible. MY QUESTION: How do I show the yes/no controls with a different caption for each of the items in the Directory? If I add a new Directory item and make the yes/no control visible, how do I set the caption for this unknown (as yet) Directory name. Thanks for the help... This is poor design. I...

Charts.Add
Here's the scenario, in Excel 2007 (of course)I have a sheet with 365 rows, 253 columns. I have a macro that's going to build a chart based on SOME of those columns. My code says Set oActChart = Charts.Add Used to work just fine in Excel 2003, now it takes 2.5 minutes and sucks up half a gig of memory, because it thinks I want to chart everything on the data sheet. I can get around this by selecting a small range on the data sheet, but I'd far prefer to be able to tell Excel not to try to anticipate what I want to do. Is there any simple way - other than that above - t...

Excel
How do I create a stock chart where the 'closing price' is OUTSIDE of the High-low range? Basically, I'm plotting sales forecasts accuracy - so I'm comparing the final result with their high-low range. I like the stock chart format, but can't figure-out how to plot the closing price (whisker?) outside of the range At least two ways exist: 1. Change the Close series to an XY type, then format the XY series to use the primary axis. 2. Format the Close series to plot on the secondary axis, then use Chart Options > Axes (or the corresponding commands on the middle ...

Need quick help formatting cell
I would like to format a cell in the following mana: Input: 1234 To be shown: 1234 kWh Thank you -- Morrigan ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Morrigan's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=7094 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=383223 Custom format of General" kWh" should do it. -- HTH RP (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "Morrigan" <Morrigan.1reduq_1120064762.1126@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message news:Morrigan...

excel save
I noticed on some excel spreadsheet, excel prompts you to save when you just open it and close it without typing anything in. What could be in the spreadsheet that causes this? Fred, Some functions in excel are "volatile", they will re-calculate every time excel is opened, like NOW(), have a look here for a list http://www.decisionmodels.com/calcsecretsi.htm -- Paul B Always backup your data before trying something new Please post any response to the newsgroups so others can benefit from it Feedback on answers is always appreciated! Using Excel 2002 & 2003 "Fred&q...

Formatting suddenly showing up in my signature, help?
I've been using the same signature on my emails for years and yesterday they suddenly show up with formatting (paragraph marks, etc). I must have hit something? But don't know what and I can't get rid of it. Using html for signature. Thanks. Ctrl+Shift+8 toggles the formatting marks off and on. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/ Outlook Tips by email: mailto:dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net EMO - a weekly newsletter about Outlook and E...