Office Professional Xp user buys a Mac

Hi,

Will I be able to open and use any/all files created using my Office
professional XP suite (2002), in a new Mac with the latest version of
Office available for the Mac?
0
Tom

Office 2008 doesn't support macros and VBA, go for Office 2004 if you need
that. Otherwise your files should run fine.

HTH. Best wishes Harald

"Tom" <TesnoBay@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> Will I be able to open and use any/all files created using my Office
> professional XP suite (2002), in a new Mac with the latest version of
> Office available for the Mac?

0
Harald
5/26/2010 4:50:26 PM
Hi there Harold.

How you been?

Gord

On Wed, 26 May 2010 18:50:26 +0200, "Harald Staff" <nospam@not.invalid>
wrote:

>Office 2008 doesn't support macros and VBA, go for Office 2004 if you need
>that. Otherwise your files should run fine.
>
>HTH. Best wishes Harald
>
>"Tom" <TesnoBay@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>> Hi,
>>
>> Will I be able to open and use any/all files created using my Office
>> professional XP suite (2002), in a new Mac with the latest version of
>> Office available for the Mac?

0
Gord
5/26/2010 5:12:39 PM
Also, Office 2004 (Mac) uses an older generation of VBA than Office 2000
and later (Windows), so you may run into incompatibilities with code.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier
Peltier Technical Services, Inc.
http://peltiertech.com/

On 5/26/2010 12:50 PM, Harald Staff wrote:
> Office 2008 doesn't support macros and VBA, go for Office 2004 if you
> need that. Otherwise your files should run fine.
>
> HTH. Best wishes Harald
>
> "Tom" <TesnoBay@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>> Hi,
>>
>> Will I be able to open and use any/all files created using my Office
>> professional XP suite (2002), in a new Mac with the latest version of
>> Office available for the Mac?

0
Jon
5/26/2010 5:19:27 PM
For the most part, files transferred from Mac to PC and vice versa with
the same programs are good to go. Rarely do I ever encounter any sort
of problems. Whenever I had to print something off for class, I would
use the school's computers to print off something I developed on a PC
(they used a Mac). I never had any problems then and I don't think
there would be problems now. Just remember to save your file with the
right type of compatibility. If you do that, you should be fine.

--
LeelaSeville
0
On May 26, 7:50=A0am, Tom <Tesno...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Will I be able to open and use any/all files created using my Office
> professional XP suite (2002), in a new Mac with the latest version of
> Office available for the Mac?

Install the windows version  on BootCamp.  If you don't like switching/
restarting use vmware or fusion.  Office for Mac is pretty pathetic
and very different.
0
Reeza
5/27/2010 4:54:34 PM
Or, if you're buying a NEW Mac, go get Windows 7 and Office 2007.  Then
you'll have two computers in one and won't have to worry about compatibility
issues.  That's what I did when I replace both my iMac and my PC.

Eric

In article <LeelaSeville.64473a5@excelbanter.com>, LeelaSeville <LeelaSeville.64473a5@excelbanter.com> wrote:

>For the most part, files transferred from Mac to PC and vice versa with
>the same programs are good to go. Rarely do I ever encounter any sort
>of problems. Whenever I had to print something off for class, I would
>use the school's computers to print off something I developed on a PC
>(they used a Mac). I never had any problems then and I don't think
>there would be problems now. Just remember to save your file with the
>right type of compatibility. If you do that, you should be fine.

We have a mac at home user that has trouble printing mac files from work
computers. Obviously, that could be a printer problem, rather than a file
problem ... but he is the only one that has this problem (lots of almost
blank pages with a few odd characters printing instead of the XL SS).
Suggest trying small files for printing to start with ... just in case. :)

0
bruce

Using 2 versions of Mac Office 2004 (Japanese and English). How do I set the default for which version my machine uses to open office files?
I using 2 versions of Mac Office 2004 (Japanese and English). How do I set the default for which version my machine uses to open office files? It would of course be better if MS allowed users to switch menu languages within the program just as Mac does with its OS and associated software. But since that is not the case, I have had to purchase install the English version of Office 2004 (at great expense both monetarily and memory wise). When I open files already on my computer it always opens them with the "default" version of Office 2004 which is in Japanese. I can't seem to ...

Out-of-office twin replies

Vista
I have just purchased a PC with Windows Vista already installed, and have installed Microsoft Office 2003 on it & registered it. However, whenever I launch Excl I am confronted with a screen showing a Microsoft Office End Users Licence Agreement which requires me to agree to each time before the programme will launch. Does anyone know how to stop this happening? You registered but did you activate? Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Thu, 6 Dec 2007 22:55:54 -0000, "Gunga" <scohen@btinternet.com> wrote: >I have just purchased a PC with Windows Vista already installe...

Send Exchange 2003 Out of Office Replies to non Exchange mail serv
Hi, I am new here, so please bear with me. I am hoping someone can help me. I have looked and looked and looked for the answer to my question with no luck. I am wondering if it is possible to setup Exchange 2003 Out of Office replies to respond to a non-Exchange mail server within the same domain without opening up to the internet. The reasoning is to prevent spam programs from detecting legit addresses. Main Mail Server for Staff & Faculty: Exchange 2003 Enterprise Edition Main Mail Server for Students: SurgeMail from NetWinSite.com They are in the same domain, but I am wanti...

Users v3
Continued from thread at http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?dg=microsoft.public.crm&mid=2f4ffeb1-1ca5-4d56-ab3b-9e04390b4ef8&sloc=en-us Is it possible to get SID of AD user and put it to CRM database to continue use of changed user credentials??? "Peter Lynch" wrote: > CRM permissions are linked to the SID of the user's AD account, not the > username (logon name) > > The username (logon name) can be changed anytime > > The SID never changes > > > > > > "Paul&q...

Office 2007
I have Office 2007 installed on an WinXP machine. I've added to my start menu the following short-cuts: New Microsoft Office Document Open Microsoft Office Document I have a few questions, 1. What is the default location of the files listed in the New Microsoft Office Document window? 2. Can I add tabs to the New Microsofot Office Document window? If so, how? 3. What is the default location for the Open Microsoft Office Document window? Assume I've made no changes to the install of Office 2007. Your assistance and help is greatly appreciated! (B^>)-]=[ ...

Office Macros
What is the latest about when we will be able to upgrade our Office for Mac so that it can run all of our spreadsheets with VB macros? -- "In no part of the constitution is more wisdom to be found, than in the clause which confides the question of war or peace to the legislature, and not to the executive department." - James Madison The only official word from Microsoft is that VBA will return in the next release of Mac Office which is tentatively scheduled for "Holidays 2010" - I take that to mean late 4th quarter of next year. I would not expect to see anything m...

Categories disappeared after upgrade from Office 2k3 to 2k7??
After upgrading from Office 2003 to Office 2007 all of my categories are gone. I still have a complete backup of my system containing Office 2k3 with working categories, is there a way to manually transfer the Categories to Office 2k7? Any help in this area would be completely appreciated. Thx NewsReader2k;115976 Wrote: > After upgrading from Office 2003 to Office 2007 all of my categories > are > gone. > > I still have a complete backup of my system containing Office 2k3 with > working categories, is there a way to manually transfer the Catego...

Sharing Folders (net folders) in Outlook 2002/XP
I'm trying to share a contacts & calendar folders from a laptop (running Windows 2000 Pro & Outlook 2000) to a desktop (running Windows XP Pro & Outlook 2002). Problem is when I receive the "new subscription to contacts/calendar" email the "ACCEPT" button doesn't show. I have already tested it successfully on another Windows 2000/Outlook 2000 machine, but can't get it to work in XP/Outlook 2002. Please advise. Thanks! ...

Force users to enable macros on a protected workbook?
Hello! I found this code for ensuring that users always enable macros, but I have a few questions about it: http://www.vbaexpress.com/kb/getarticle.php?kb_id=379 a) What would needed to be added to the code to make it work on a protected workbook? b) Does the code need some kind of error handling? (For my workbooks, there is a "Print" button on each sheet that when you push it, autofits the rows, pops up the spell checker, compares a few cells to make sure there are no duplicates, end dates don't come before start dates, etc. So without macros being always ...

Creating mailbox with Add User wizward
I created a user and checked the create mailbox option in ADU&C. The user was created, but the mailbox was not. When I checked the mail server the mailbox was not in the information store, but when I checked the Exchange tasks for the user, the create mailbox was not there and delete mailbox was. The system had 8 hours to replicate. Any ideas on what the problem is? I am having a similar problem that seems to have just started. I created a user via the ADU&C wizard answering all questions verifying the creation of an email address in the correct mailbox store. When I close the u...

Opening/importing data from database takes forever after upgrading office!
Hello. I recently reinstalled a users computer and upgraded his office version from 2000 to xp. Now when he imports data from a database it takes forever. It can take several minutes and before the reinstallation the operation only took seconds. What could be wrong? I did the same on his coworkers computer with the same result so there must be something that can solve the problem. I just can't figure it out. The run windows 2000 sp4. Please help. :^) //Johan Anyone? It never hurts to empty the windows temp folder (with excel closed), but it may not help. You may want to take...

How do I change the data set on the X axis? (office 2003)
OK, so I created a frequency histogram (bar chart) by selecting the values for the Y-axis, but I can't figure out how to change the values on the X-axis to fit the rest of my values.... When I make the graph using both sets of data, it gives me two separate bar charts on the same plane. Help please :) Thanks Remove the text in the top cell over the x-values; now make the chart. Excel thinks you have two data series best wishes -- Bernard V Liengme Microsoft Excel MVP www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme remove caps from email "jrexattack" <jrexattack@discussions.microsoft.com&...

Excel for Mac v.X crashes since getting Leopard

User Defined Query Function Not Working with Multiple Criteria
Using Access 2007 I created a user defined function used in a query that works fine on single criteria but not two or more. These work fine: MyFunction="Open" MyFunction="Closed These don't work: MyFunction="Open Or Closed" MyFunction="'Open' Or 'Closed'" What do I need to type to get this to work? Unless you let us know something specific about the function itself, it's going to be difficult to diagnose why it isn't working. Consider posting the function ... (and wouldn't the function spell out how many...

Dialog sized incorrectly on Windows XP Japanese?
I have a dialog with an embedded property sheet and it looks fine on the english version of Windows XP, but when running on Windows XP Japanese, my property sheet seems to be resized wider than normal, but the enclosing dialog is not resized equivalently so the right edge of the property sheet is cut off. This only seems to occur in dialogs where I've embedded a property sheet. Is there something I need to do when embedding a property sheet (or elsewhere) so it works correctly on non-english systems? If I am not mistaken, in Japan they read things right to left, unlike in North Am...

office 2003 eula comes up each time you open word,excel

Re-installation of office
I need to re-install office on my pc after resetting the pc to the original settings. HELP! Insert Office cd, install. Dont have cd? ....explain "Lisa Lucey" <Lisa Lucey@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D935368F-BFC7-4C04-96BA-FEAFABC6E358@microsoft.com... >I need to re-install office on my pc after resetting the pc to the original > settings. HELP! ...

Inquiring user
Will CRM integrate with Quickbooks Premier or Enterprise Solutions? Would CRM be a useful tool to track and report sales by sales rep and/or by referral source? Is CRM an optimal software package to use in conjunction with Quickbooks if 100% of my sales are generated from the internet? -- pcpa CRM does not natively integrate with Quickbooks. There may be an ISV that provides this though. If all your sales are going to come from the Internet, what do you want CRM for? It's not worth implementing if it's only to report on Sales activity which should already be in Quickbooks. Mat...

Office 12.2.1 update/Reentering Product Key
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel I attempted to update my Microsoft Office 2008 from 12.2.0 to 12.2.1 today; however, after the installation was complete, when I went to open a Microsoft Office application, an error message appeared stating: "Office for Mac has determined that your product key is not valid. To use Office for Mac, you must enter a valid product key" and refers me to this link: <http://www.microsoft.com/mac/help.mspx?MODE=pv&CTT=PageView&clr=99-0-0&target=f2d51b70-f7d6-4a3c-ae8b-b90597d7530e1033> After deleti...

Office 2003 and mac office
I have a workbook with some macros and such that i made on my XP computer. I sent it to a friend of mine to use, but he has a mac. The macro i made to sort runs into a problem when he runs it, however when he sent me the workbook and i ran the macor it worked fine. It had a 1004 runtime error. Is this a common problem due to it being made on a pc and ran on a mac? what changes need to be made to make it work on a mac? Selection.Sort Key1:=Range("IA3"), Order1:=xlAscending, Header:=xlGuess, _ OrderCustom:=1, MatchCase:=False, Orientation:=xlTopToBottom, _ Da...

Can I update from Office 98 to Office X
Can I update from Office 98 to Office X for mac? I should of said upgrade from Office 98 to Office X for mac? > From: Aggregates & Roadbuilding Magazine <rock@sympatico.ca> > Newsgroups: microsoft.public.mac.office > Date: Wed, 14 Jan 2004 14:37:48 -0500 > Subject: Can I update from Office 98 to Office X > > Can I update from Office 98 to Office X for mac? > According to the Mactopia site: You can upgrade to Office v. X for Mac if you already own any of the following products: Office´┐Ż98 Macintosh Edition Entourage´┐Ż2001 Special Edition <http://www.micr...

windows on mac
Hi! TIm really new on with the mac os. I would like tobuy a powebook g4 and I heard that you can install a microsoft word, excel and powerpoint. My question is, is it the same with the microsoft windows? because im rally used to using that kind. Thanks! In article <e17ZwS4WGHA.4324@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl>, "Jim Allen" <ja46808@worldnet.att.net> wrote: > Hi! TIm really new on with the mac os. I would like tobuy a powebook g4 and > I heard that you can install a microsoft word, excel and powerpoint. My > question is, is it the same with the microsoft win...

office xp
I have a soccer club database that weas created using access xp and I need to be able to run it on my home computer that uses office 2000. Certain parts of the database such as the listing of teams will not work. please adivse When you switch between database versions many times the new computer does not have the appropriate references set or is missing references it needs in order to run. Assuming you can open the database on your machine with Access 2000, you need to open the database and open the code editor window. Select Debug | Compile. Generally, a 2002 database won't run u...