office 2007 and old office 2003 excel files

I have a desktop pc with Office 2003  and Vista Home premium system.  I am
getting a new laptop and am purchasing office 2007 home student to install on
it.  With the laptop I can access shared files from the desktop.  However,
all my old files were generated by office 2003.  Will the office 2007 be able
to access and process these old files?  Also, can I uninstall office 2003
from my desktop and install the office 2007 on it and use the old files
created by office 2003?  Thanks.
Carl

Yes, Excel 2007 can read 2003 files... You can either convert them to the new
version by saving in xlsx format (2007) or continue to work with xls (2003)
format.

Uninstalling 2003 will not impact existing files... Files are independent of
Office version you have.

You can even keep both 2003 and 2007 on the same PC/laptop.

"carl43m" wrote:

> I have a desktop pc with Office 2003  and Vista Home premium system.  I am
> getting a new laptop and am purchasing office 2007 home student to install on
> it.  With the laptop I can access shared files from the desktop.  However,
> all my old files were generated by office 2003.  Will the office 2007 be able
> to access and process these old files?  Also, can I uninstall office 2003
> from my desktop and install the office 2007 on it and use the old files
> created by office 2003?  Thanks.
> Carl
thanks

"Sheeloo" wrote:

> Yes, Excel 2007 can read 2003 files... You can either convert them to the new
> version by saving in xlsx format (2007) or continue to work with xls (2003)
> format.
>
> Uninstalling 2003 will not impact existing files... Files are independent of
> Office version you have.
>
> You can even keep both 2003 and 2007 on the same PC/laptop.
>
> "carl43m" wrote:
>
> > I have a desktop pc with Office 2003  and Vista Home premium system.  I am
> > getting a new laptop and am purchasing office 2007 home student to install on
> > it.  With the laptop I can access shared files from the desktop.  However,
> > all my old files were generated by office 2003.  Will the office 2007 be able
> > to access and process these old files?  Also, can I uninstall office 2003
> > from my desktop and install the office 2007 on it and use the old files
> > created by office 2003?  Thanks.
> > Carl

can't open file #3
I recently saved a file, when i wanted to open it nothings comes up. I dont know if the file is corrupted, i tried to recover but it didnt work. The last time i used was two days ago, and enter some data and saved it as usual, i dont know what's going on. Can anyone tell me what should i do? Alicia, You don't say which version of Excel you're using. 2002 and 2003 can repair damaged workbooks in some situations. Try File - Open, and look for a drop-down in the "Open" button. If you have it, try "Open and repair." Try opening it in a later version. Em...

Quirky recent file list #2
Debra--- I do tend to open from Windows Explore more then File>Open. But I am saving the file. It's more that it is annoying when I close a file by accident and don't quite remember where it got saved on the server. Stacie -- SPenney ------------------------------------------------------------------------ SPenney's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1079 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=267592 Well, I guess you weren't the only one who wanted this behaviour changed. <g> If/when you upgr...

Opening a new instance of Excel

MS Office 2000 Professional
When we bought the latest ACER laptop with Vista it came with the test version of MS Office 2007 which we never purchased or installed. Instead I loaded an old version of Office 2000 Professional and have not updated it since installation and it has worked flawlessly up to now Yesterday Word suddenly stopped working (it just freezes) after I tried to open an excel csv file. The system tried to open the file with Word 2007 and started to install I didn't notice until it asked for my Product Key. I foolishly ignored the request and cancelled the installation a few seconds later...

Frontpage 2003 or Publisher 2003 ?
Which one should I use? I am not familiar with Publisher. I am familiar with FrontPage. What kind of support is needed on the server side for a web ? cgi? etc. Any info or a link to some info appreciated. Hi Cracker Jacks (cjacks<nospamz)@verizon.net), in the newsgroups you posted: || Which one should I use? I am not familiar with Publisher. I am || familiar with FrontPage. What kind of support is needed on the || server side for a web ? cgi? etc. Any info or a link to some info || appreciated. I recommend FrontPage 2003. FrontPage 2003 doesn't REQUIRE FrontPage Server extensions,...

Linking a graph to a csv file
**Excel 2002 Hello, I'm sure this is exceedingly easy, but somehow, I'm screwing this up. I ultimately need to have a self- updating PowerPoint file (client mandates a ppt file). According to ppt's help, that means I have to use linked Excel graphs, not embedded ppt graphs. However, my programmer will be supplying me with tons of csv files. When I try to create an excel file with a data link to a csv file, it tells me that it can't update it unless I open the source file. I *can't* take the time to open each csv - there will be hundreds. What am I missing wi...

Outlook2k7 over VPN Out of Office Assistant problem
User's computer is not a member of the domain. Mail flows and all looks good till you start the OOF thing. It will just tell you it cannot connect to the server because it's currently unavailable. Now when we add autodiscover.domain.com pointing to the Exchange server to the host file of that computer it works but why? Without it when you run a test it will tell you that a Srv Record lookup for domain.com FAILED (0x8004010F) or Local autodiscover for domain.com FAILED (0x8004010F) yaro Hello yaro, Thanks for your post. The error 0x8004010F usually means MAPI_E_NOT_FOU...

Office:mac v.X #2
Version: v.X Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: intel I have subject version of Office. I know that there must be updates to this so I can bring this up to date but I can seem to find the ones I need to start the process. Can someone get me to the beginning? Thanks!!! You can get the Office X 10.1.9 update here: http://snipurl.com/22zx4 On 3/30/08 3:09 PM, in article ee96b4c.-1@webcrossing.caR9absDaxw, "AWOLGolfer@officeformac.com" <AWOLGolfer@officeformac.com> wrote: > Version: v.X > Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) > Processor: intel &g...

Emailing in excel 2003 02-26-10

outlook 2007 runs slow

Outlook 2003

Exchange 2007 Evaluation version #2

Office XP to Office 2004 Question
Hi, I am sure this question has been asked many times, but I've never had occasion to look at Mac NGs before, so please accept my apologies. I am a Windows XP user who is contemplating the change to a Mac. I have Office XP Pro installed on my Windows machine, and I accept that I'll need to get the Mac Office (Office 2004?) when I change over. I understand that Word, Excel & Powerpoint files should migrate in a fairly straightforward manner, but I am less sure about Outlook to Entourage. (I'm assuming here that Entourage is the Mac 'equivalent' of Outlook?) I h...

Excel Crash

Import Palm files
Can anyone help me by telling me how to import palm files (dat files) into outlook. I want to import contact, calendar, etc Depends what you can export to from Palm Desktop. Personally, I've found this messy. Why not just get sync software that can sync your Palm with Outlook directly? Chapura Pocketmirror or Pumatech Intellisync are two ideas....or your Palm CD may have come with this option. F. Carvalho wrote: > Can anyone help me by telling me how to import palm files > (dat files) into outlook. I want to import contact, > calendar, etc ...

outlook 2000 help file

EXCEL TROUBLESHOOTING #2

Excel Edit F2 button changed for Mac???