office 2007 and old office 2003 excel files

I have a desktop pc with Office 2003  and Vista Home premium system.  I am
getting a new laptop and am purchasing office 2007 home student to install on
it.  With the laptop I can access shared files from the desktop.  However,
all my old files were generated by office 2003.  Will the office 2007 be able
to access and process these old files?  Also, can I uninstall office 2003
from my desktop and install the office 2007 on it and use the old files
created by office 2003?  Thanks.
Carl

Yes, Excel 2007 can read 2003 files... You can either convert them to the new
version by saving in xlsx format (2007) or continue to work with xls (2003)
format.

Uninstalling 2003 will not impact existing files... Files are independent of
Office version you have.

You can even keep both 2003 and 2007 on the same PC/laptop.

"carl43m" wrote:

> I have a desktop pc with Office 2003  and Vista Home premium system.  I am
> getting a new laptop and am purchasing office 2007 home student to install on
> it.  With the laptop I can access shared files from the desktop.  However,
> all my old files were generated by office 2003.  Will the office 2007 be able
> to access and process these old files?  Also, can I uninstall office 2003
> from my desktop and install the office 2007 on it and use the old files
> created by office 2003?  Thanks.
> Carl
thanks

"Sheeloo" wrote:

> Yes, Excel 2007 can read 2003 files... You can either convert them to the new
> version by saving in xlsx format (2007) or continue to work with xls (2003)
> format.
>
> Uninstalling 2003 will not impact existing files... Files are independent of
> Office version you have.
>
> You can even keep both 2003 and 2007 on the same PC/laptop.
>
> "carl43m" wrote:
>
> > I have a desktop pc with Office 2003  and Vista Home premium system.  I am
> > getting a new laptop and am purchasing office 2007 home student to install on
> > it.  With the laptop I can access shared files from the desktop.  However,
> > all my old files were generated by office 2003.  Will the office 2007 be able
> > to access and process these old files?  Also, can I uninstall office 2003
> > from my desktop and install the office 2007 on it and use the old files
> > created by office 2003?  Thanks.
> > Carl

Using 2 versions of Mac Office 2004 (Japanese and English). How do I set the default for which version my machine uses to open office files?
I using 2 versions of Mac Office 2004 (Japanese and English). How do I set the default for which version my machine uses to open office files? It would of course be better if MS allowed users to switch menu languages within the program just as Mac does with its OS and associated software. But since that is not the case, I have had to purchase install the English version of Office 2004 (at great expense both monetarily and memory wise). When I open files already on my computer it always opens them with the "default" version of Office 2004 which is in Japanese. I can't seem to ...

exchange 2003 rule wizard not working
Hi, I had a email rule set-up which use to forward a copy of some emails I received from selected people in my mailbox to my home email address, and also move it to another folder now since my work has moved to active directory from novel this does not work.. please note it does move it to the other folder just doesnt forward it to a external email address Any ideas why this doesn't work anymore and how it can be resolved. or if there is a setting or something that needs to be changed. Any help would be appreciated annoyed Automatic forwarding and replying to the Internet is disabled b...

Link to text file in code
I'm relinking a set of tables to Access 2000. Most of the links are other databse tables & excel workbooks which all work fine. My problem is with a fixed field length text file. The code below runs without errors and shows the linked text file in the tables list however it does not function correctly. I'm wondering what the DNS=MyTextFile Link Specification2 refers to? There is no such DSN in my registry. I just copied the code from another example and the MSysObjects connect field after manually creating the link. The Database portion of strConn is the path to the text fil...

Data-Exchange between Excel and Word-Documents
Hello, I have the following problem. I need something, which generates a Word-Document with information from the Excel- sheet. Do you know some help? Tini How much information from Excel do you need? There are many options. The most simple would be to copy from Excel (Ctrl+C) then paste into Word (Ctrl+V). Or from the Word menu, you could try Insert/File, select All File types, browse for your Excel file, click OK then pick the sheet you want to copy over. Formatting is lost when you do this though. Another option is to drag the Excel file from Windows Explorer into a Word...

Outlook 2007 DST/Time zone issue
I have a network with 4 computers running Office 2007, XP Pro connected to SBS2003. Outlook is connected to the Exchange 2003 component of SBS2003. Computers were deployed using a single, new image inside the last 3 months. New Zealand has had changes to the daylight savings change over dates, and as part of this process the required Microsoft Updates were deployed to the workstations, using WSUS, and applied to the server. Two of the computers have no problem, while two have an issue where calendar entries are 13 hours out. They appear to be defaulting to GMT, instead of NZT (GMT +1200)...

Out-of-office twin replies

Using Lotus 123 command in excel 2003
I m using Office 2003. But problem is that there i could not able to use lotus 123 command. Why so? Please help me Rao Ratan Singh Why would you? I believe it allows for some things to be done and you can go to tools>options>transition to change a few things -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom (No private emails please) "Rao Ratan Singh" <RaoRatanSingh@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0267594A-0E71-4A73-89B1-C78B788545C7@microsoft.com... >I m using Office 2003. But problem is that there i could not able to use > lotus 123 command. > > Why so? ...

HUGE Publisher file
A client of mine is working on a 302MB Publisher Pro 2003 file (it's a 5-year-old Precision 340), and her PC keeps locking up on her while working with it. She's got drive space limitations (1GB left of 20), but gets the same lockup issues with other computers in her office. I have an appt. with her today at 2PM, and will try to open it on a more robust machine in the office... Has anyone else made such a large Publisher file successfully? If so, how, and what are your hardware specs? I'm wondering if Publisher is the Thanks, Paul Lots of Pictures? Turn off detailed ...

Vista
I have just purchased a PC with Windows Vista already installed, and have installed Microsoft Office 2003 on it & registered it. However, whenever I launch Excl I am confronted with a screen showing a Microsoft Office End Users Licence Agreement which requires me to agree to each time before the programme will launch. Does anyone know how to stop this happening? You registered but did you activate? Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Thu, 6 Dec 2007 22:55:54 -0000, "Gunga" <scohen@btinternet.com> wrote: >I have just purchased a PC with Windows Vista already installe...

outlook 2003 #358
Hi, I work with outlook 2003, and I ned to download only header of mail. How can I do? Thanks Outlook\Tools\Options\Mail Setup\Send Receive and highlight your account and then Edit and look on that page and it will show you there on what to do -- Peter Please Reply to Newsgroup for the benefit of others Requests for assistance by email can not and will not be acknowledged. "xxx" <xxx@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:eMzdWYgrJHA.6020@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... > Hi, > > I work with outlook 2003, and I ned to download only header of mail. > > How can I do?...

Office 2007
I have Office 2007 installed on an WinXP machine. I've added to my start menu the following short-cuts: New Microsoft Office Document Open Microsoft Office Document I have a few questions, 1. What is the default location of the files listed in the New Microsoft Office Document window? 2. Can I add tabs to the New Microsofot Office Document window? If so, how? 3. What is the default location for the Open Microsoft Office Document window? Assume I've made no changes to the install of Office 2007. Your assistance and help is greatly appreciated! (B^>)-]=[ ...

0x8004010f error starting Exchange 2003 info store
I've deployed a few Exchange 2007 servers in our org and moved some mailboxes to them. Additionally, I've moved some roles (OAB generation, RUS...) to those Exchange 2007 servers. Immediately, and without warning, our Exchange 2003 servers are no longer able to start their Information Store or MTA Stack services. When trying to start the info store, I get these two errors: Event Type: Error Event Source: MSExchangeIS Event Category: General Event ID: 1121 Date: 4/24/2007 Time: 4:34:13 PM User: N/A Computer: EXCH7 Description: Error 0x8004010f connecting to the Microsoft Act...

Outlook 2003 Message Field "In Folder"
Hello, I am having a problem (I think) with moving messages in Outlook. I move a message for example from the Inbox into the Drafts folder, and the "in folder" field on the message shows Inbox, instead of Drafts. This only seems to happen when moving messages to the Drafts folder. Is this meant to do this or should the "In Folder" field say Drafts and not the previous folder the message was in? Any suggestions or comments would be appreciated. Appologies the user has informed me that this happens when moving messages to ANY folder, the previuos folder name is dis...

Office Macros
What is the latest about when we will be able to upgrade our Office for Mac so that it can run all of our spreadsheets with VB macros? -- "In no part of the constitution is more wisdom to be found, than in the clause which confides the question of war or peace to the legislature, and not to the executive department." - James Madison The only official word from Microsoft is that VBA will return in the next release of Mac Office which is tentatively scheduled for "Holidays 2010" - I take that to mean late 4th quarter of next year. I would not expect to see anything m...

Send Exchange 2003 Out of Office Replies to non Exchange mail serv
Hi, I am new here, so please bear with me. I am hoping someone can help me. I have looked and looked and looked for the answer to my question with no luck. I am wondering if it is possible to setup Exchange 2003 Out of Office replies to respond to a non-Exchange mail server within the same domain without opening up to the internet. The reasoning is to prevent spam programs from detecting legit addresses. Main Mail Server for Staff & Faculty: Exchange 2003 Enterprise Edition Main Mail Server for Students: SurgeMail from NetWinSite.com They are in the same domain, but I am wanti...

Categories disappeared after upgrade from Office 2k3 to 2k7??
After upgrading from Office 2003 to Office 2007 all of my categories are gone. I still have a complete backup of my system containing Office 2k3 with working categories, is there a way to manually transfer the Categories to Office 2k7? Any help in this area would be completely appreciated. Thx NewsReader2k;115976 Wrote: > After upgrading from Office 2003 to Office 2007 all of my categories > are > gone. > > I still have a complete backup of my system containing Office 2k3 with > working categories, is there a way to manually transfer the Catego...

How do I change the data set on the X axis? (office 2003)
OK, so I created a frequency histogram (bar chart) by selecting the values for the Y-axis, but I can't figure out how to change the values on the X-axis to fit the rest of my values.... When I make the graph using both sets of data, it gives me two separate bar charts on the same plane. Help please :) Thanks Remove the text in the top cell over the x-values; now make the chart. Excel thinks you have two data series best wishes -- Bernard V Liengme Microsoft Excel MVP www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme remove caps from email "jrexattack" <jrexattack@discussions.microsoft.com&...

Opening/importing data from database takes forever after upgrading office!
Hello. I recently reinstalled a users computer and upgraded his office version from 2000 to xp. Now when he imports data from a database it takes forever. It can take several minutes and before the reinstallation the operation only took seconds. What could be wrong? I did the same on his coworkers computer with the same result so there must be something that can solve the problem. I just can't figure it out. The run windows 2000 sp4. Please help. :^) //Johan Anyone? It never hurts to empty the windows temp folder (with excel closed), but it may not help. You may want to take...

Where do you find clip art in Publisher 2003?
I just upgraded from Publisher 97 to Publisher 2003 with digital imaging. I have not figured out how to find clip art. I am used to putting the CD in to pull up the clip art. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the program twice, as I was instructed and still cannot get passed the insert, clip art command. Thanks for any help, Bunny <Bunny@discussions.microsoft.com> was very recently heard to utter: > I just upgraded from Publisher 97 to Publisher 2003 with digital > imaging. I have not figured out how to find clip art. I am used to > putting the CD in to pull up the cl...

Excel Formula Needed
Our DPW director is looking for a formula that he can enter the date and time that a plow driver started and the date and time that he ended and have it give him the total hours worked Thanks --- ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ With start time in A1 and finish time in B1, in C1 put = B1-A1 Format all cells as Time. If you need to multiply this by an hourly rate, you will need to multiply the value in C1 by 24, then by the hourly rate, eg in D1:- =C1*24*Hrly_Rate -- Regards Ken....................... Microsoft MVP - Excel Sys Spec - Wi...

office 2003 eula comes up each time you open word,excel

Can I get menus in 2007
Is there any way to get a menu bar w/ word 2007? I like 2007 but the choices in the tabs are not sufficient and I have to fight to get the function I need. thanks john Add what you want to the Quick Access Toolbar. -- Hope this helps. Please reply to the newsgroup unless you wish to avail yourself of my services on a paid consulting basis. Doug Robbins - Word MVP, originally posted via msnews.microsoft.com "John Coltrane" <tendengarci@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:ejbigfJ5KHA.5808@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... > Is there any way to get a menu bar w/...

Re-installation of office
I need to re-install office on my pc after resetting the pc to the original settings. HELP! Insert Office cd, install. Dont have cd? ....explain "Lisa Lucey" <Lisa Lucey@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D935368F-BFC7-4C04-96BA-FEAFABC6E358@microsoft.com... >I need to re-install office on my pc after resetting the pc to the original > settings. HELP! ...

Outlook 2003 Event ID 19
I am experiencing some significant difficultiew with Outlook 2003 running against Exchange 5.5. Periodically (at least 5 times per day) I will have my AD account "locked out" after I receive a series of "Rpc call (EcDoRpc) to server (MYSERVER) failed with error code (5) after waiting (1031) ms; eeInfo (none)." My PC is NOT part of the domain and I access exchange via the domain\username method on outlook. Any help tracking down this would be greatly appreciated as it is driving my SysAdmins NUTS constantly unlocking my AD account. ...