When trying to open a Microsoft Excel Work Sheet that I had accessed modified
and saved to only yesterday [Office 2000] a window pops up with:
"name.xls cannot be accessed. The file may be resd-only, or you may be
trying toaccess a read only location.  Or, the server the document is stored
on may not be responding."

Older files stored on the same mediums  ;HD, Flash memory or 3.5in. diskette
are accessed with no problem.
0
51 (1)

This is on a network drive?

0
dnoel (171)

Reading system log files
Does anyone know how to read Windows 7 System log files? I need to extract records from System and Application logs and insert them into a list of other events. The insert part is easy - append then sort by date_time. However, I cannot find anything that gives me any help to read the logs. Perhaps the other limitation would be to extract only records dated between set dates and time. -- Steve Hello: The network team in a corporation that I consult for uses VB Script files (filename.vbs) which run under Windows Scripting Host. I'm sure that if you search for sc...

Remember Password -Outlook 2000
I cannot get Outlook 2000 to "remember password" for my e- mail accounts. I can check the "remember password" box and type in the password...or I can type in the password and check the box. It doesn't matter what order I do it in, my password isn't saved. Any ideas would be most appreciated. Thanks. ...

Can you help me make this string shorter?
I get an error message saying that my string is too complex. Can anyone see a way to streamline it?? =IIf(IsNull([costcode]) Or IsNull([costtype]),0,IIf([costcode]="013210" And [costtype]="05320",[txtEstimatedCost]/[txtCraftLabEst],IIf([costcode]="020110" And [costtype]="05320",[txtEstimatedCost]/[txtFirewatchLabEst],IIf([costcode]="064201" And [costtype]="05320",[txtEstimatedCost]/[txtCraftSuprLabEst],IIf([costcode]="061301" And [costtype]="05320",[txtEstimatedCost]/[txtQAQCSuprvLabEst],IIf([co...

Help on Excel controls
Hi, how or where can I go to get help on the use of the various controls that I have access to in the "More Controls" option of my VB toolbox? In particular, I want to employ a dialog box allowing the user to choose a file to process. It's been awhile since I've done this outside of Excel in "regular" VB and I don't remember the code to make the dialog box appear and reference a default location, etc, etc. Thanks much, Reney Langlois Hi Reney Be very careful with "more controls", they must be installed and licensed to run in design time on...

Using 2 versions of Mac Office 2004 (Japanese and English). How do I set the default for which version my machine uses to open office files?
I using 2 versions of Mac Office 2004 (Japanese and English). How do I set the default for which version my machine uses to open office files? It would of course be better if MS allowed users to switch menu languages within the program just as Mac does with its OS and associated software. But since that is not the case, I have had to purchase install the English version of Office 2004 (at great expense both monetarily and memory wise). When I open files already on my computer it always opens them with the "default" version of Office 2004 which is in Japanese. I can't seem to ...

Out-of-office twin replies

Using Lotus 123 command in excel 2003
I m using Office 2003. But problem is that there i could not able to use lotus 123 command. Why so? Please help me Rao Ratan Singh Why would you? I believe it allows for some things to be done and you can go to tools>options>transition to change a few things -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom (No private emails please) "Rao Ratan Singh" <RaoRatanSingh@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0267594A-0E71-4A73-89B1-C78B788545C7@microsoft.com... >I m using Office 2003. But problem is that there i could not able to use > lotus 123 command. > > Why so? ...

Restore exchange server 2000 to a disaster recovery machine
Hi all I can't quite get my head around this. I want to be able to restore my exchange server onto another machine for disaster recovery purposes. Every day i want to be able to take a tape thats a backup from the live server to the offsite disaster recovery server (drs) I have set up the DRS to have the same domain name etc and user names. What do I need to do now. I cannot mount the stores due to all sorts of error messages.I have looked at Q297289 but thats a scenario when you wish not to use the live server anymore Regards Craig Domain name does not need to be the same. Setup a n...

Using list box to open forms
I have a list box that lists all the forms in my database. I would like a user to be able to double click on something in the list box, and have it open the corresponding form. Any help on how to do this would be appreciated. Thanks. On Wed, 24 Oct 2007 16:35:22 -0000, lecoughlin@gmail.com wrote: > I have a list box that lists all the forms in my database. I would > like a user to be able to double click on something in the list box, > and have it open the corresponding form. Any help on how to do this > would be appreciated. > > Thanks. Code the list box Double-Cli...

Vista
I have just purchased a PC with Windows Vista already installed, and have installed Microsoft Office 2003 on it & registered it. However, whenever I launch Excl I am confronted with a screen showing a Microsoft Office End Users Licence Agreement which requires me to agree to each time before the programme will launch. Does anyone know how to stop this happening? You registered but did you activate? Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Thu, 6 Dec 2007 22:55:54 -0000, "Gunga" <scohen@btinternet.com> wrote: >I have just purchased a PC with Windows Vista already installe...

HUGE Publisher file
A client of mine is working on a 302MB Publisher Pro 2003 file (it's a 5-year-old Precision 340), and her PC keeps locking up on her while working with it. She's got drive space limitations (1GB left of 20), but gets the same lockup issues with other computers in her office. I have an appt. with her today at 2PM, and will try to open it on a more robust machine in the office... Has anyone else made such a large Publisher file successfully? If so, how, and what are your hardware specs? I'm wondering if Publisher is the Thanks, Paul Lots of Pictures? Turn off detailed ...

Office 2007
I have Office 2007 installed on an WinXP machine. I've added to my start menu the following short-cuts: New Microsoft Office Document Open Microsoft Office Document I have a few questions, 1. What is the default location of the files listed in the New Microsoft Office Document window? 2. Can I add tabs to the New Microsofot Office Document window? If so, how? 3. What is the default location for the Open Microsoft Office Document window? Assume I've made no changes to the install of Office 2007. Your assistance and help is greatly appreciated! (B^>)-]=[ ...

Office Macros
What is the latest about when we will be able to upgrade our Office for Mac so that it can run all of our spreadsheets with VB macros? -- "In no part of the constitution is more wisdom to be found, than in the clause which confides the question of war or peace to the legislature, and not to the executive department." - James Madison The only official word from Microsoft is that VBA will return in the next release of Mac Office which is tentatively scheduled for "Holidays 2010" - I take that to mean late 4th quarter of next year. I would not expect to see anything m...

Send Exchange 2003 Out of Office Replies to non Exchange mail serv
Hi, I am new here, so please bear with me. I am hoping someone can help me. I have looked and looked and looked for the answer to my question with no luck. I am wondering if it is possible to setup Exchange 2003 Out of Office replies to respond to a non-Exchange mail server within the same domain without opening up to the internet. The reasoning is to prevent spam programs from detecting legit addresses. Main Mail Server for Staff & Faculty: Exchange 2003 Enterprise Edition Main Mail Server for Students: SurgeMail from NetWinSite.com They are in the same domain, but I am wanti...

Transfer / combining Excel data
I have a data worksheet created in excel with a column containing 5 digit serial numbers, up to 300 diferent serial numbers (in individual rows). I have the data sorted in assending order based on serial number column. Serial numbers are random and not consecutive (ie. 05943, 05944, 05945, 05968, 05988 etc..) 1) I need to be able to select all the serials and transfer them to another worksheet in excel, placing them in one cell, table, or ? - for purpose of issuing a certification to our customer listing all the serial shipped- is this possible? 2) If they can be in be transfered, i...

Categories disappeared after upgrade from Office 2k3 to 2k7??
After upgrading from Office 2003 to Office 2007 all of my categories are gone. I still have a complete backup of my system containing Office 2k3 with working categories, is there a way to manually transfer the Categories to Office 2k7? Any help in this area would be completely appreciated. Thx NewsReader2k;115976 Wrote: > After upgrading from Office 2003 to Office 2007 all of my categories > are > gone. > > I still have a complete backup of my system containing Office 2k3 with > working categories, is there a way to manually transfer the Catego...

Excel 97 vs. Excel 2002
What's the difference between Excel 1997 and Excel 2002 (in brief). Is there a way to save a 2002 version file so it won't open in 1997 version program? Specific context: I have a 2002 file that doesn't allow users to access protected cells. This is essential for the file to work as designed. When I open it in a 1997 version almost everything seems to work correctly, except that the users can access protected cells. Which f's everything up completely! I'd rather they weren't able to open it in 1997 version. Also when I save it it in 1997 it sometimes turns off th...

Not able to empty All Mail file
The file imap.gmail.com/gmail/All Mail continues to get larger and larger and I can't seem to delete anything from it. If I highlight an item, press Delete or press the X (delete) button on the header, a line gets drawn thru the file name and the header button X goes dim. But, when I return to the file, the item is still there. I need to clean out the last two years of records from All Mail and I need instructions on how to do it. Thanks in advance -- DickDV "DickDV" <DickDV@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7D86DAF5-CB03-417F-9...

How do I change the data set on the X axis? (office 2003)
OK, so I created a frequency histogram (bar chart) by selecting the values for the Y-axis, but I can't figure out how to change the values on the X-axis to fit the rest of my values.... When I make the graph using both sets of data, it gives me two separate bar charts on the same plane. Help please :) Thanks Remove the text in the top cell over the x-values; now make the chart. Excel thinks you have two data series best wishes -- Bernard V Liengme Microsoft Excel MVP www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme remove caps from email "jrexattack" <jrexattack@discussions.microsoft.com&...

Opening/importing data from database takes forever after upgrading office!
Hello. I recently reinstalled a users computer and upgraded his office version from 2000 to xp. Now when he imports data from a database it takes forever. It can take several minutes and before the reinstallation the operation only took seconds. What could be wrong? I did the same on his coworkers computer with the same result so there must be something that can solve the problem. I just can't figure it out. The run windows 2000 sp4. Please help. :^) //Johan Anyone? It never hurts to empty the windows temp folder (with excel closed), but it may not help. You may want to take...

office 2003 eula comes up each time you open word,excel

Excel Formula Needed
Our DPW director is looking for a formula that he can enter the date and time that a plow driver started and the date and time that he ended and have it give him the total hours worked Thanks --- ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ With start time in A1 and finish time in B1, in C1 put = B1-A1 Format all cells as Time. If you need to multiply this by an hourly rate, you will need to multiply the value in C1 by 24, then by the hourly rate, eg in D1:- =C1*24*Hrly_Rate -- Regards Ken....................... Microsoft MVP - Excel Sys Spec - Wi...

Re-installation of office
I need to re-install office on my pc after resetting the pc to the original settings. HELP! Insert Office cd, install. Dont have cd? ....explain "Lisa Lucey" <Lisa Lucey@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D935368F-BFC7-4C04-96BA-FEAFABC6E358@microsoft.com... >I need to re-install office on my pc after resetting the pc to the original > settings. HELP! ...

Office 12.2.1 update/Reentering Product Key
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel I attempted to update my Microsoft Office 2008 from 12.2.0 to 12.2.1 today; however, after the installation was complete, when I went to open a Microsoft Office application, an error message appeared stating: "Office for Mac has determined that your product key is not valid. To use Office for Mac, you must enter a valid product key" and refers me to this link: <http://www.microsoft.com/mac/help.mspx?MODE=pv&CTT=PageView&clr=99-0-0&target=f2d51b70-f7d6-4a3c-ae8b-b90597d7530e1033> After deleti...

import file so that it is a actual csv file, no excel cell version
How can I import a spreadsheet file from finance.yahoo.com for the history prices of a stock and import it into my charting software. My charting software reads ASCII "DOHLCV" or D,O,H,L,C,V or "Date", "O", "H", "L", "C", "V" . I have tried for a week trying to manipulate the data to be read by my charting software but it will not take it. When downloading data it automatically opens excel 97 spreadsheet and inserts the data. I save it as a CSV file but my charting program will not read it and when I open the fil...