Numbers starting in 0

I have a csv file that has PO numbers in it.  Some of the PO numbers start
with zero, which is required.  When I open the file in Excel 2002, Excel
drops the zero off thinking it is a number not text.  How can I keep Excel
from dropping the 0 off?
0
scott7693 (519)

Hi,
Try changing the file extenstion to .txt When you import
the file, set the column with the PO numbers to text

0
mmzehr (177)
9/30/2004 4:00:52 PM
This works, thanks

"mzehr" wrote:

> Hi,
> Try changing the file extenstion to .txt When you import
> the file, set the column with the PO numbers to text

0
scott7693 (519)

Numbering
Can I enter numbers in a cross functional flowchart? On Mon, 24 Aug 2009 12:07:02 -0700, carosaam <carosaam@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Can I enter numbers in a cross functional flowchart? Yes. Do you mean for the process names or function names? Yes. -- Regards, Paul Herber, Sandrila Ltd. Electronics for Visio http://www.electronics.sandrila.co.uk/ Electrical for Visio http://www.electrical.sandrila.co.uk/ Electronics Packages for Visio http://www.electronics-packages.sandrila.co.uk/ ...

How do I expand the number of characters in Access comment box?
I am using Access 2007 and want to be able to include more than 250 characters in a "Comment" box. Hi, You could try changing your table's field type to Memo. Assuming that your are talking about a field in a table, that maybe shows on a form. If that is not the case, please describe precisely what comment box your are attempting to use. Clifford Bass Pearlene wrote: >I am using Access 2007 and want to be able to include more than 250 >characters in a "Comment" box. -- Message posted via http://www.accessmonster.com ...

negative number to positive number
How can I change a negative number to positive number Multiply by -1 or use the ABS() function. -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP - Excel Pearson Software Consulting, LLC www.cpearson.com "fgiord" <fgiord@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:62C2A6DA-7AC2-4379-AEFC-B3D6F3698E58@microsoft.com... > How can I change a negative number to positive number =ABS(##) or mult it by -1 -- Regards Rob "fgiord" <fgiord@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:62C2A6DA-7AC2-4379-AEFC-B3D6F3698E58@microsoft.com... > How can I chan...

Hide page numbers for mutliple discontiquous levels
Hi: I need to hide the page numbers for levels 1 and 7 in my TOC. I used the \n switch to hide level 1, but cannot find a way to specify multiple ranges for this switch. Is there a way to do this? I am using Word 2003. Phil You have to use a trick. See the "Omitting page numbers for noncontiguous levels" section of http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/TOCTips.htm#OmitPageNumbers -- Suzanne S. Barnhill Microsoft MVP (Word) Words into Type Fairhope, Alabama USA http://word.mvps.org "Phillip Llacuna" <phillip.v.llacuna@lmco.com> wrote in me...

1-52 pages, 8,000 employee numbers
Dear Excel, I have the ultimate challenge: to do job books for 8,000 employees. The form is completed, but the request is to make booklets of 52 pages for each employee. Each page of the booklet must also have each employee's number on it (0001 to 8000). Each page o fthe booklet must be numbered with the week number from 01 to 52. Therefore I need to auto generate 416,000 pages. Ridiculous I know but nobody listens to us! How can I export the above scenario to PDF from Excel? Thanks On Apr 19, 2:17=A0pm, gatecrasherg13 gatecrasherg13 <gatecrasher...@gmail.com> wr...

Sequential numbering in Number field
When I am entering transactions manually, I will put "Debit" or "VISA" to indicate how the withdrawl was made. When I download my account information, Money05 overwrites this with a sequential number. I have to go into the entry a second time to redo my change. Does anyone know how to turn this "feature" off? I want my values used - sequential numbering does not help me in the slightest. This is not a "feature" you can turn off. It's a reflection of the basic premise of downloaded transaction data. The presumption with downloading data...

Number of Cells in a column
Hi, I want to add this formula in my ESS. COUNTIF(sheet1!S2:S43,"*Yes*") to find out the number of value containing "YES". My concern is I don't have fixed count from S2 to S43. It could be something else. What can I do to have this code reusable? I thought something like COUNTIF(Sheet!S2:Count($S2),"*Yes*") \But it doesnt work Thanks for your help Jack Try this if there is nothing else in that column:- =COUNTIF(sheet1!S:S,"*Yes*") -- Regards Ken....................... Microsoft MVP - Excel Sys Spec - ...

General Number Format Changed
Excel 2003 on XP I have a collegue who's Excel setting for General number format displays as 0.1 instead of 1 in the sample box. ie if you type in "1" you get "0.1", if you type in ".1" (as in 0.1) you get "1". Where in the settings can this General format be returned to standard? Many thanks DeanH Sorry that should have been: ie if you type in "1" you get "0.1", if you type in "1." (as in 1.0) you get "1". "DeanH" wrote: > Excel 2003 on XP > I have a collegue who's Excel setting for G...

How to define cells so that only numbers can be filled?
Hi, How could I format cells in excel so that only numbers can be filled The input should be integer e.g. between 0...99 and cells shoud no accept any other marks, such as space, letters... simply nothing els but integers. Thanks -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi Juha! Try: Data > Validation You'll find it pretty intuitive and very flexible as to what you can do as far a restricting input to a cell. -- Regards Norman Harker MVP (Excel) Sydney, Australia njharker@optusnet.com.au Excel and Word Function Lists (Classifications, Syntax and Arguments) available fre...

Numbering, revisited
While there are already a lot of posts about numbering, I haven't been able to find the solutions for my specific quandry... [BTW, I'm posting this under "General" even though ultimately I'd like to make macros to support the answer -- since a manual solution needs to be the first step! :) ] Background: My workgroup is preparing to migrate to Word 2007 very soon. We create/maintain hundreds of large procedure manuals, each containing multiple chapters (sometimes up to 40-50 per manual). Each chapter consists of steps, using multi-level numbered lists...

transaction number in PC Charge
Is there any way to manage the fields that should go to PC Charge while tendering credit cards in RMS. The problem is that transaction number ( called Ticket in PC Charge) doesn't appear in PC Charge and that cost as extra money. Regards, Ewa ...

Limit number of characters in a cell
Hi, Is there a way to limit the number of characters that a user can key into a cell. I want to get a list of names and addresses imputted by user, but I don't want them to be more than 35 characters. Thanks for the help Dr. Senji Take a look at Data|Validation. You can have excel yell at the user when they hit enter after typing in a too-long string. Dr Senji wrote: > > Hi, > > Is there a way to limit the number of characters that a user can key into a > cell. > > I want to get a list of names and addresses imputted by user, but I don't > want the...

Case, Quote numbering
We should have the ability to number the cases without having a suffix. If we do have a suffix, we should be able to define the suffix. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/defa...

Correct way to =IF(B6<7000,B6*0.45)=IF(B6<97000,B6*0.5) ...etc
I am trying to create a formula that will calculate commissions depending on bechmarks. Example: IF <7000 then multiply by 45% IF >7000, but <9000 then multiply by 50% IF >9000, but <13000 then multiply by 55% The final part of the formula should be as follows: If >13000, but <16000 then multiply by 60%, IF >16000, 100% of the amount >16000 is multiplyed by 100% This ought to do the trick: =IF(B6<7000,B6*0.45,IF(B6<9000,B6*0.5,IF(B6<13000,B6*0.55,IF(B6<16000,B6*0.6,B6)))) "cbrock" wrote: > I am trying to create a formula that will cal...

Rounding numbers to the nearest thousand
Simple question (i hope) Is there a simple way i can round numbers to the nearest thousand by using the format cells command. For example i would like to display 1,234.56 as 12 I don't want to be diving by 1000 and rounding to zero decimal places because i still want the whole number displayed in the formula bar when selecting it. i use excel 2003 thanx Mark Format the number as #,##0,;-#,##0, or similar. Not the comma at the end - this tells Excel to display as thousands (two commas here will display as millions). Note that 1,234.56 will display as 1 (thousand) not 12. "...

sorting numbers and numbers that contain text in excel
A column contains both strictly numbers and also numbers that are followed by text (e.g., row 1: 1000, row 2: 1500; row 3: 1000a; row 4: 1500a) Identical numbers are related documents, with the text suffixes referring to addenda documents; thus, document 1000 has an addendum document 1000a; How can I sort the column so in the following order: row 1 (1000), row 3 (1000a), row 2 (1500), row 4 (1500a)? Thank you -- MZ =TEXT(A1,"0") will turn each into text, then sort by that helper column (and don't accept Excel's suggestion to treat text that looks like number...

Form of phone numbers in contact list
I am using Blackberry's Desktop Software to syncronize with my MS Outlook Contacts list. The onboard caller-id function of the phone that is supposed to correlate the incoming phone number to a name of a contact (should the number be in my contacts list) isn't working. According to help from Blackberry the problem is the "form" of the numbers as they're being loaded on the Blackberry from MS Outlook. Specifically, apparently the fact that the numbers are stored in the form of (###) ###-#### instead of something like ###-###-#### is keeping the phone from realizi...

COleSafeArray / array of size 0 => CInvalidArgException / mfc42.dll / win2003 SP1
Hello all, it seems that a related question has already been asked, but, although it seems to be very interesting to me, has not been answered yet (since 2+ months) the original thread (with short sample code) is at: http://groups.google.fr/group/microsoft.public.vc.mfc/browse_thread/thread/86eab0442db323df/248ab77a761d4018?lnk=st&q=COleSafeArray+CInvalidArgException&rnum=1&hl=fr#248ab77a761d4018 The problem is: why does attempting to create a 0 sized array with COleSafeArray::CreateOneDim throw an exception (and breaks my app); it was *not* the behaviour of this method before...

CRM 3.0 problems on WM5
First of all, does anyone know whether CRM Mobile will run on a smartphone (not a pocket PC) with Windows Mobile 5? I have tried the install on a Cingular 2125 and Audiovox 5600 (upgraded to WM5) and in both cases (after installing the NCF 2.0), I got the error: CRMMobile.exe TypeLoadException at Microsoft.BusinessSolutions.Mobility.DeviceApp.CRMAppShell.Main() Any suggestions? Thanks, Dan -- Dan Boccabella MindSolve Technologies Dan, Do either of these devices meet the minimum spec for CRM Mobile??? I have just done a quick search on the Audiovox 5600 and it looks very much like ...

How do I update a spreadsheet with numbers input into another?
How do I link two speadsheets in order to update both at the same time? "Duma" wrote: > How do I link two speadsheets in order to update both at the same time? Probably something like this In Sheet2, In A1: =IF(Sheet1!A1="","",Sheet1!A1) Copy A1 across/down to cover the extent Sheet2 will then reflect entries/updates in Sheet1 for the formulated range -- Max Singapore http://savefile.com/projects/236895 xdemechanik --- If both spreadsheets are the same, headers, data ranges, titles etc, basically same architecture on both sheets, then... While on Sheet1...

how do I set up a number to arabic number
I have change my office 2003 to 2007. What I want to know how to change format number in English to arabic number. Hi Ashraf, Assuming the number in in a field, simple: add an 'Arabic picture switch to the filed containing the number. For example, with page numbering- {PAGE \* Arabic } -- Cheers macropod [Microsoft MVP - Word] "Ashraf" <Ashraf@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3080821A-C676-4FA2-88C4-D3CDCECF0193@microsoft.com... >I have change my office 2003 to 2007. What I want to know how to change > format number in English...

Bug in CRM 3.0?
We have a client who adjusted the Max Length for the Description field in the Appointment record. He changed it from the default of 2,000 to 5,000. When he uses the web client he is able to Save appointments that have 5,000 characters. However, when he goes offline and then tries the same thing he can enter 5,000 characters and hit save. The Appointment form closes but there is a hidden error message behind it stating "The length exceeds the max length of it will be truncated". When you open the record back up instead of having 5,000 chars, you only have 2,000. The only t...

page numbering #15
Can I add a suffix to a page number such as "1a" or "1.1"? Yes, View, Master page or Background, depending on the version. The numbering will have a # symbol. Put the text either before the # or after. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Banker" <Banker@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C0708E7D-BAAB-4BD4-A940-3E7BF2C8A938@microsoft.com... > Can I add a suffix to a page number such as "1a" or "1.1"? "Mary Sauer" wrote: > Yes,...

Mix-up numbers
I have a list of numbers on a spread sheet. 1-100. I would like to randomly mix them up. Is there a function to do this? 1 2 3 4 .. .. .. 100 Like 33 91 4 16 .. .. .. 1 Thanks! Jeff Thu, 24 Jan 2008 03:34:01 -0800 from Jeff <Jeff@discussions.microsoft.com>: > I have a list of numbers on a spread sheet. 1-100. I would like to randomly > mix them up. Is there a function to do this? I don't believe there's a one-step way, but here's what I would do. I assume your numbers are in A1:A100; make appropriate adjustments for their actual location. 1. In C1, type =RAND...

Add a decimal to each number on a list of whole numbers
I have a long list (column) of whole numbers (dollar amounts) and would like to add a decimal point on each number. example change the numbers from 2927568021 to 29275680.21. I have tried changing the format, but it keeps adding 2 zeros on the end. thanks You mean that you want to divide every number in that column by 100 (as in your example)? If so, then enter 100 into a blank cell somewhere, select that cell and click <copy>. Then select all the cells in the column of interest and Edit | Paste Special | Values (check) | Divide (check) | OK then <Esc>. Then you can delete t...