Numbers converting to decimal

I a trying to figure out why when I type 11 and
automatically converts it to .11, if I type 11. it will
stay 11,if I change all the cells to text then back to
number they willstay.

I have checked the formatting of the cells, it even
happens when I open a brand new worksheet.

Any ideas?

Thanks
Dawn
0
anonymous (74722)

Hi Dawn,

Tools>Option>Edit, uncheck Fixed Decimal

--

Kind Regards,

Niek Otten

Microsoft MVP - Excel

"DawnP" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I a trying to figure out why when I type 11 and
> automatically converts it to .11, if I type 11. it will
> stay 11,if I change all the cells to text then back to
> number they willstay.
>
> I have checked the formatting of the cells, it even
> happens when I open a brand new worksheet.
>
> Any ideas?
>
> Thanks
> Dawn

0
nicolaus (2022)
8/24/2004 6:21:47 PM
Thank you.

Dawn P

0
anonymous (74722)

Number Line
Word 2007 Is there a way to graph something like x > 7 or -3 < x < 3 on a number line or to create a number line using numbers I choose and open or filled in circles? I am trying to create math review sheets for students. I've explored Insert | Equation but have not found what I need. Is there another program better suited to my needs? TIA Guy Try http://www.ehow.com/how_4963682_create-number-line-microsoft-word.html and/or create the line in Excel http://www.internet4classrooms.com/excel_number_line.htm and copy/paste it into Word. -- Regards, Ja...

skipping check numbers
Hello: I think I know what the solution is here. But, I want to double-check my thinking with you all. The client has a check format with stub on top and bottom. When they print checks on the fly, the vouchers print twice on the stubs. I found a TechKnowledge on PartnerSource which says to delete the Payment Stub Duplicate File table (PM10801). Fine. Now, I have not had a chance to go onsite to help them yet. But, just yesterday they called and said that they printed several checks on the fly in a batch, posted the batch, and not only did the duplicate voucher data appear on the s...

how to take a number from the same cell in multiple sheets then a.
in excell how do I take a number from the same cell in multiple sheets and then take an average? Hi dinnon See http://www.rondebruin.nl/linksum.htm -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl/tips.htm "dinnon" <dinnon@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E6672F59-4553-445C-8B57-627CE2F34164@microsoft.com... > in excell how do I take a number from the same cell in multiple sheets and > then take an average? =AVERAGE(Sheet1:Sheet10!A1) If your sheets have unique names rather than the standard Sheet1, Sheet2 etc. best to insert a dummy sheet at be...

validate # of decimal
Would you please help to advise the reason the below formula is not working? =NOT(MOD(10^4*A1,1)) A1 = 1.11 This is for the validation check thanks How about this? =NOT(ROUND(MOD(10^4*A1,1),0)) HTH Bob "Catherine" <Catherine@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E5FDC5B2-C063-4372-AC62-BF337FE4B753@microsoft.com... > Would you please help to advise the reason the below formula is not > working? > > =NOT(MOD(10^4*A1,1)) > > A1 = 1.11 > > This is for the validation check > > thanks > &quo...

remove spaces between numbers
I have about 8000 numbers (1 digit numbers) in four columns in MS Word. The numbers have spaces between them but I dont want the spaces. Is there an easy way to remove these spaces without having to do it by hand one by hand? Use the replace function - see http://www.gmayor.com/replace_using_wildcards.htm Won't this produce an 8000 digit number? -- <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<> Graham Mayor - Word MVP My web site www.gmayor.com Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org <&g...

Numbers are changed in Excel?
I created a spread sheet of some stuff. I entered some serial and account numbers. For some reason that everyone but me probably knows the numbers are changed by Excel by inserting a ., a + sign, etc. hat are not as I typed. What's going on here? Thanks. I would say it's some formatting (either default or pre-existing) in those cells. Try giving all those cells the "Text" format. Then Excel won't add decimal places or signs. I -think- Excel won't let you do math with those values (unless you convert them first), but you probably don't need to add or subtra...

converting access97 MDB to access2000 MDB, programmatically
Hello, I need to convert an Access97 MDB-database to an Access2000 database. It's no problem using the conversion function of Access2000 itself. However, I'm looking for a way to do this programmatically (C++, MFC etc), i.e. I want to write a small tool that converts the databases of our customers. Upon searching the net and various newsgroups I was not able to find any information about this. Any help would be appreciated & thanks for you time, Steve To be perfectly honest, I wouldn't trust an automated conversion anyhow. You're still going to need to test that it wo...

Are you able to convert a MS Publisher prepared doc into MS Word?
I need to create a 'flyer' and attach this document to one of our internal databases at work. However, if I was to create this flyer/document in MS Publisher 2003 - is it possible to then go and convert this document into a Word document? As the internal database that we use can only accept Word docs as attachments. ShuGill wrote: > I need to create a 'flyer' and attach this document to > one of our internal databases at work. However, if I was > to create this flyer/document in MS Publisher 2003 - is > it possible to then go and convert this document into...

Count down slide number
Is there a way to automatically generate a countdown slide counter as a footer on a presentation? I have been doing it manually to help me within time on a presentation. It sure would be a good feature to include in the program, IMHO. PowerPoint 2007 Terry, I am not sure what you mean by, “count down slide number”. If you mean slide numbers here’s how to do it:- 1. Open a new Presentation. 2. Insert tab / Text group / Header & Footer / Header and Footer window should launch / Slide tab / place a tick (check) in the Slide number field (towards the lower left hand...

Sequential numbering of invoices
I have recently downloaded an Excel template for invoices from Microsoft's website. Is there any way to fix it so that every time I create a new document based on this template, it automatically gives it an invoice number one greater than the previous invoice (eg, starting at 100 and then the next one I open would be 101, then 102 and so on)? http://www.mcgimpsey.com/excel/udfs/sequentialnums.html -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "Nick Xylas" <nickxylas@wmconnect.com> wrote in message news:1180551140.693535.260930@g4g2000hsf.googlegroups.com... >I have recently download...

Converting from mdf to mdb
Our mdf (sql server) file has been deleted and not backed up, we are having trouble restoring it with a mdf file that we do have. We have thought about downloading the mdf file from our server and then converting it into a ms access file to start to rebuild what we do have. Is this possible can you convert a mdf file to a mdb file? Kind Regards No it is not. You need to find a backup copy and restore it. -- Joe Fallon Access MVP "Hoolahan" <hoolahan1@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:063f01c3a4e3$8d1a5330$a401280a@phx.gbl... > Our mdf (sql server) file has been ...

Excel and consecutive number
Is there a way to have excel locate a set number of consecutive non-zero numbers and give me an average of those numbers? trying to get around this problem: 5 largest consecutive non-zero numbers of the last 10 non-zero terms hope there is some help out there for me If I understand what you want correctly, here is one method. Assuming you have a list of numbers in column A with the first number in row 2: Enter this formula in B2 and copy down through all rows of data: =IF(A3=0,0,IF(B2=10,10,B2+1)) This formula counts consectuive non-zero numbers in column A. Enter this form...

adding largest numbers
I want to add the largest five numbers in a range, which will change daily. I have put a condition on to highlight the top five and that is working. I don't know how to add the largest five numbers since the largest 5 numbers will change from cell to cell daily. I am assuming you would use a SUMIF, then range, but how do you write a critieria for the largest five numbers? Thanks for helping a beginner. Try this, =SUMPRODUCT(LARGE(A1:A100,{1,2,3,4,5})) HTH Regards, Howard "nrbrtsn" <nrbrtsn@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5E0744A0-...

Setting a limit to the number of characters on an Edit box..
How do you set a character limit on an edit box? Use CEdit::SetLimitText: http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/c4db48kc.aspx -- Ajay Kalra [MVP - VC++] ajaykalra@yahoo.com <kefkastudio@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1157049125.043635.81750@m73g2000cwd.googlegroups.com... > How do you set a character limit on an edit box? > You can do this using SetLimitText() in CEdit. http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/75bh1f1t.aspx Tom <kefkastudio@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1157049125.043635.81750@m73g2000cwd.googlegroups.com... > How do you set a characte...

convert all tables to local tables
Is there a fast way to convert all tables to local tables without doing each one individually. You mean convert linked tables to local tables? Just import everything into the backend and you will have all local tables.... -- Maurice Ausum "Luther" wrote: > Is there a fast way to convert all tables to local tables without doing each > one individually. No. You have to import each table individually. -- Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP http://I.Am/DougSteele (no e-mails, please!) "Luther" <Luther@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C4C3...

number rounding in MS Excel

Excel 2000
I have been using the Excel Program for several years (home use) but not to a 1/10th of its potential. I want to create an invoice for my business whereby the invoice number automatically prints in sequencial order every time I ask it to print and to remember the last number which was printed - if that makes any sense. The invoice will be a template and not completed "on-screen". Is this possible?:confused: --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ I think it gets too dangerous to mechanize this a lot. If sheets are lost and have to be reprinted, you could have more...

converting text to formulas
Greetings, Is there a way to convert text to a formula? I have a pattern of data that I am trying to convert to formulas. In one column I have a pattern of A,A,A,A,B,B,B,B,C,C.... In the next column I have numbers 1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4,... Using the concatenate function I can generate a column of =A1,=A2,=A3,=A4,=B1,=B2.... but this is just text. I really am trying to generate the values that these cell references would represent. The goal is to present the DATA from cell A1, A2, A3, A4, B1, B2...all in a long list. Does this make sense? Can this be done? Thanks a ton for your help! ...

Convert from Excel and change field to Autonumber
Hi, I have an Excel file which I have opened in Access to create an access table which is fine. I am now quickly going through the fields to tweak them to what they should be but the Excel file was created from a Lotus Approach database that had a field which was autonumber. Obviously when I try to change the field in the Access database it tells me that it can not do this as there is data in the table. What is the proper procedure to do this and either make the field an autonumber field during conversion or after? -- Dan Pickard ----------------------------- Powerful Windows 2003 ...

How do I limit number of fonts available in Word
I only switch between a handful of fonts, when I work with Office products. How do I limit the number of fonts listed? I've removed a lot from c: > Windows > Fonts, but every time I open Word, I'm still seeing more than I'm interested in. Install file management software. Word displays all the installed fonts the current printer is capable of printing. Cheaper still format your documents with styles and ignore the font listing altogether. -- <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><...

Limit on number of users for a shared workbook?
Win2k Office XP Is there a known limit on the number of users working simultaneously on a shared workbook? I'm aware of the conflict resolution scenario, I'm just curious to know if (according to MS) there's a physical limit, or a point at which performance would degrade to an "unacceptable" level. Thanks, Rob ...

Problem with hyperlink within in a Publisher doc converted to PDF.
I am creating a two-page, email-able flyer to attach to a chain email to specified prospects. Naturally, the flyer has my personal return email address in the contact section on the second page. I used the hyperlink feature in Publisher to allow recepients to simply click my email address to initiate a direct inquiry. However, I have discovered that whenever I send a trail email with the intention of double-checking my hyperlinks, once the Oultlook Send Page opens, the 'Send To' address line has my email address - as it should - but preceded with the prefix 'mailto:'....

Calculate the number of working days minus holidays (Canadian)
Hi there, I'm trying to do a calculation with an order date and ship date but can't get it to give me just the working days. Ideally I would like to exlclude holdays as well if possible. I know this is a tough one but any help would be greatly appreciated. Tx Suzanne In A1 thru A4: 12/9/2008 2/1/2009 12/25/2008 1/1/2009 In another cell: =NETWORKDAYS(A1,A2,A3:A4) Will give the working days between 12/9 and 2/1 with 12/25 & 1/1 as holidays Make sure Analysis ToolPak is installed. -- Gary''s Student - gsnu200819 "Grd" wrote: > Hi there, > >...

No Details view for Converted Objects
I just converted an Access 2002 adp file to an Access 2000 adp, and all objects seem to have converted, but nothing shows when using the "Details" view option. Everything does appear when using the other view options. This is not a huge issue since the only columns that normally show in the details view for adp's are "Name" and "Type," but I wonder if this is an indication that something else may be wrong... Any ideas what could be going on? Thanks, Tom ...

Entering More than 15 numbers
I'm trying to import numbers that are 25 characters in length. When I do this (or even if I enter over the 15 character limit) I get an overflow number. How do I enter or import numbers greater than 15 digits and have it display the entire number. I am using Office XP. precede with an apostrophe to get text, Excel's limit for numbers is 15 digits precision -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "Mike" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:308101c428be$93500a10$a101280a@phx.gbl... > I'm trying to import numbers that are 25 characters in > lengt...