Number of copies when printing

Can anybody help...?

We are currently printing off a form that has been duplicated many
times to obtain answers to many questions in a way of collecting
clients requirements.

The problem is that whenever we print the form with the answers, the
default setting is 10 copies.

This is not the default setting on the printer and all other documents
from word, outlook etc, print just one copy. Is there a setting
somewhere within the excel file that is forcing the 10 copies...?

We did not generate the form originally and the company who did are
unable to answer our question.

Any help would be appreciated

Regards

Ian James
0
I-James (3)

Open the file, open the vb editor(alt f11), click edit menu, find and search
for    copies

If you find something like       copies := 10          then replace it with
copies := 1

HTH

KenM

0
KenMacksey (98)

Numbering
Can I enter numbers in a cross functional flowchart? On Mon, 24 Aug 2009 12:07:02 -0700, carosaam <carosaam@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Can I enter numbers in a cross functional flowchart? Yes. Do you mean for the process names or function names? Yes. -- Regards, Paul Herber, Sandrila Ltd. Electronics for Visio http://www.electronics.sandrila.co.uk/ Electrical for Visio http://www.electrical.sandrila.co.uk/ Electronics Packages for Visio http://www.electronics-packages.sandrila.co.uk/ ...

envelope printing from excel
Can I print an envelope when using the Microsoft invoice (Excel) template? ...

How do I expand the number of characters in Access comment box?
I am using Access 2007 and want to be able to include more than 250 characters in a "Comment" box. Hi, You could try changing your table's field type to Memo. Assuming that your are talking about a field in a table, that maybe shows on a form. If that is not the case, please describe precisely what comment box your are attempting to use. Clifford Bass Pearlene wrote: >I am using Access 2007 and want to be able to include more than 250 >characters in a "Comment" box. -- Message posted via http://www.accessmonster.com ...

negative number to positive number
How can I change a negative number to positive number Multiply by -1 or use the ABS() function. -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP - Excel Pearson Software Consulting, LLC www.cpearson.com "fgiord" <fgiord@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:62C2A6DA-7AC2-4379-AEFC-B3D6F3698E58@microsoft.com... > How can I change a negative number to positive number =ABS(##) or mult it by -1 -- Regards Rob "fgiord" <fgiord@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:62C2A6DA-7AC2-4379-AEFC-B3D6F3698E58@microsoft.com... > How can I chan...

Data Validation cells not printing
I have some cells that have been set up to use data validation lists. They worked fine until today....now they display in the spreadsheet but do not display in print preview AND they will not print. Help! if they CELLS don't display during the print preview its a good chance that the print range or print setup was changed. Double check the range, etc.. under file, page set-up. >-----Original Message----- >I have some cells that have been set up to use data >validation lists. They worked fine until today....now >they display in the spreadsheet but do not display i...

Copy field data to a different field on the same table
Hello, I am looking to get help in copying field data information into another field on the same table. For example I enter data in Field1 and it copies automatically into Field2. Can it be done? I know the risk of redundancy, but is a formating issue when connecting to queries in other databases, doesn't like the formating this field has. Thanks! Maria Rather than storing the data redundantly, why not create a query that formats the data as necessary, and use the query wherever you would otherwise have used the table? -- Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP http://I.Am/DougSteele...

Hide page numbers for mutliple discontiquous levels
Hi: I need to hide the page numbers for levels 1 and 7 in my TOC. I used the \n switch to hide level 1, but cannot find a way to specify multiple ranges for this switch. Is there a way to do this? I am using Word 2003. Phil You have to use a trick. See the "Omitting page numbers for noncontiguous levels" section of http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/TOCTips.htm#OmitPageNumbers -- Suzanne S. Barnhill Microsoft MVP (Word) Words into Type Fairhope, Alabama USA http://word.mvps.org "Phillip Llacuna" <phillip.v.llacuna@lmco.com> wrote in me...

1-52 pages, 8,000 employee numbers
Dear Excel, I have the ultimate challenge: to do job books for 8,000 employees. The form is completed, but the request is to make booklets of 52 pages for each employee. Each page of the booklet must also have each employee's number on it (0001 to 8000). Each page o fthe booklet must be numbered with the week number from 01 to 52. Therefore I need to auto generate 416,000 pages. Ridiculous I know but nobody listens to us! How can I export the above scenario to PDF from Excel? Thanks On Apr 19, 2:17=A0pm, gatecrasherg13 gatecrasherg13 <gatecrasher...@gmail.com> wr...

Sequential numbering in Number field
When I am entering transactions manually, I will put "Debit" or "VISA" to indicate how the withdrawl was made. When I download my account information, Money05 overwrites this with a sequential number. I have to go into the entry a second time to redo my change. Does anyone know how to turn this "feature" off? I want my values used - sequential numbering does not help me in the slightest. This is not a "feature" you can turn off. It's a reflection of the basic premise of downloaded transaction data. The presumption with downloading data...

Copy from one calendar to another in Outlook 2003?
Is there a way to copy all events from one calendar to another in Outlook 2003? I have four different calendars in Outlook and would like to use a different one for default than what I've used in the past. I tried to export from one, exporting as a csv file, and re importing it into the other. It doesn't work. What's prompting this is I started to use Outlook Connector and it seems that the folder that Outlook Connector wants to share on the web is my MSN calendar. Any ideas? Thanks, Sam The default Calendar is the one that belongs to the store where mail is being delivere...

Number of Cells in a column
Hi, I want to add this formula in my ESS. COUNTIF(sheet1!S2:S43,"*Yes*") to find out the number of value containing "YES". My concern is I don't have fixed count from S2 to S43. It could be something else. What can I do to have this code reusable? I thought something like COUNTIF(Sheet!S2:Count($S2),"*Yes*") \But it doesnt work Thanks for your help Jack Try this if there is nothing else in that column:- =COUNTIF(sheet1!S:S,"*Yes*") -- Regards Ken....................... Microsoft MVP - Excel Sys Spec - ...

General Number Format Changed
Excel 2003 on XP I have a collegue who's Excel setting for General number format displays as 0.1 instead of 1 in the sample box. ie if you type in "1" you get "0.1", if you type in ".1" (as in 0.1) you get "1". Where in the settings can this General format be returned to standard? Many thanks DeanH Sorry that should have been: ie if you type in "1" you get "0.1", if you type in "1." (as in 1.0) you get "1". "DeanH" wrote: > Excel 2003 on XP > I have a collegue who's Excel setting for G...

How to define cells so that only numbers can be filled?
Hi, How could I format cells in excel so that only numbers can be filled The input should be integer e.g. between 0...99 and cells shoud no accept any other marks, such as space, letters... simply nothing els but integers. Thanks -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi Juha! Try: Data > Validation You'll find it pretty intuitive and very flexible as to what you can do as far a restricting input to a cell. -- Regards Norman Harker MVP (Excel) Sydney, Australia njharker@optusnet.com.au Excel and Word Function Lists (Classifications, Syntax and Arguments) available fre...

Copy rows of data to another worksheet where ReturnDate is blank
I'm sure this is do-able within Excel but what formula I should use to accomplish it escapes me. Basically, I'm working with a spreadsheet which lists books checked out from our Resource Center. When the books are returned, the Return Date is entered in column D. I want to run a report showing everyone who has outstanding books without having to go through the spreadsheet, row-by-row, to copy the data to the worksheet "Outstanding." Thanks for your help! Try AutoFilter - Select Row 1, go to Data, Filter, AutoFilter. An arrow will appear at each cell in that row....

Numbering, revisited
While there are already a lot of posts about numbering, I haven't been able to find the solutions for my specific quandry... [BTW, I'm posting this under "General" even though ultimately I'd like to make macros to support the answer -- since a manual solution needs to be the first step! :) ] Background: My workgroup is preparing to migrate to Word 2007 very soon. We create/maintain hundreds of large procedure manuals, each containing multiple chapters (sometimes up to 40-50 per manual). Each chapter consists of steps, using multi-level numbered lists...

transaction number in PC Charge
Is there any way to manage the fields that should go to PC Charge while tendering credit cards in RMS. The problem is that transaction number ( called Ticket in PC Charge) doesn't appear in PC Charge and that cost as extra money. Regards, Ewa ...

Limit number of characters in a cell
Hi, Is there a way to limit the number of characters that a user can key into a cell. I want to get a list of names and addresses imputted by user, but I don't want them to be more than 35 characters. Thanks for the help Dr. Senji Take a look at Data|Validation. You can have excel yell at the user when they hit enter after typing in a too-long string. Dr Senji wrote: > > Hi, > > Is there a way to limit the number of characters that a user can key into a > cell. > > I want to get a list of names and addresses imputted by user, but I don't > want the...

Case, Quote numbering
We should have the ability to number the cases without having a suffix. If we do have a suffix, we should be able to define the suffix. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/defa...

Copy and past ... and maintain all formats including column widths

Rounding numbers to the nearest thousand
Simple question (i hope) Is there a simple way i can round numbers to the nearest thousand by using the format cells command. For example i would like to display 1,234.56 as 12 I don't want to be diving by 1000 and rounding to zero decimal places because i still want the whole number displayed in the formula bar when selecting it. i use excel 2003 thanx Mark Format the number as #,##0,;-#,##0, or similar. Not the comma at the end - this tells Excel to display as thousands (two commas here will display as millions). Note that 1,234.56 will display as 1 (thousand) not 12. "...

sorting numbers and numbers that contain text in excel
A column contains both strictly numbers and also numbers that are followed by text (e.g., row 1: 1000, row 2: 1500; row 3: 1000a; row 4: 1500a) Identical numbers are related documents, with the text suffixes referring to addenda documents; thus, document 1000 has an addendum document 1000a; How can I sort the column so in the following order: row 1 (1000), row 3 (1000a), row 2 (1500), row 4 (1500a)? Thank you -- MZ =TEXT(A1,"0") will turn each into text, then sort by that helper column (and don't accept Excel's suggestion to treat text that looks like number...

Form of phone numbers in contact list
I am using Blackberry's Desktop Software to syncronize with my MS Outlook Contacts list. The onboard caller-id function of the phone that is supposed to correlate the incoming phone number to a name of a contact (should the number be in my contacts list) isn't working. According to help from Blackberry the problem is the "form" of the numbers as they're being loaded on the Blackberry from MS Outlook. Specifically, apparently the fact that the numbers are stored in the form of (###) ###-#### instead of something like ###-###-#### is keeping the phone from realizi...

Excel Printing Problem
Hi folks, I am trying to use the "Print area" and "Print Title" selectors on the Sheet Tab of Page Setup but they are greyed out. How can I make them active. I have the same problem on two different computers each running Office 2000 Pro and one with a Windows 2000 Pro OS and the other with a Windows XP Pro OS Any tips on how to rectify this would be greatly appreciated. Many thanks in advance Doug You probably try to do that from the Print Preview menu. Doesn't work. Use File>Page Setup instead. -- Kind regards, Niek Otten "John" <eewrwe...

How do I update a spreadsheet with numbers input into another?
How do I link two speadsheets in order to update both at the same time? "Duma" wrote: > How do I link two speadsheets in order to update both at the same time? Probably something like this In Sheet2, In A1: =IF(Sheet1!A1="","",Sheet1!A1) Copy A1 across/down to cover the extent Sheet2 will then reflect entries/updates in Sheet1 for the formulated range -- Max Singapore http://savefile.com/projects/236895 xdemechanik --- If both spreadsheets are the same, headers, data ranges, titles etc, basically same architecture on both sheets, then... While on Sheet1...

how do I set up a number to arabic number
I have change my office 2003 to 2007. What I want to know how to change format number in English to arabic number. Hi Ashraf, Assuming the number in in a field, simple: add an 'Arabic picture switch to the filed containing the number. For example, with page numbering- {PAGE \* Arabic } -- Cheers macropod [Microsoft MVP - Word] "Ashraf" <Ashraf@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3080821A-C676-4FA2-88C4-D3CDCECF0193@microsoft.com... >I have change my office 2003 to 2007. What I want to know how to change > format number in English...