Null Fields / Mailmerge to Word

Have set up a mailmerge whereby Word accesses data in
Excel worksheet.

I don't need every record so want only those with a date
in a particular column.

But Word reads them all as Excel has placed a value in the
null cells (12:00:00 AM).

How can I stop that happening please?
0
anonymous (74717)

I assume you have a formula in the Date column in Excel.
You could add an If to the formula so the cell will be ""
if there's no date to use in it's calculation.

0
anonymous (74717)
1/27/2004 2:59:32 PM
Jannoth
Mail merge will not ignore lines starting with a blank cell.  Did you set up a Query Option in step 3 of the Mail Merge Helper in Word.  This is the best way to set up a selective merge

Good Luck
Mark Graesse
mark_graesser@yahoo.co

     ----- Jannoth wrote: ----

     Have set up a mailmerge whereby Word accesses data in
     Excel worksheet

     I don't need every record so want only those with a date
     in a particular column

     But Word reads them all as Excel has placed a value in the
     null cells (12:00:00 AM)

     How can I stop that happening please

0
anonymous (74717)

Display Date from Unbound Field in Form in a Query
Just had an issue that in 10 years of using Access never saw - just wondering if I just never encountered it or what... I have a form running a query, the user enters a date. The report needs to show the date - so the query has a field like this: report date: [Forms!]![frm_report]![txtReportDate] I had a problem exporting to Excel - seems the direct placement in the query led to characters that Excel could not understand. I actually had another date field from the form that I did a date add on, it worked fine. I eventaully put the form reference in a Format, the issue was gone. The...

Error mapping Contact field to Opportunity Customer field
We have created a custom entity called Property. This entity has a many to one relationship to the Contact entity so that one Contact can be associated with many Properties. The Property entity is also related one to many to Opportunity so that one property can be associated with many Opportunities. We are not using the Account entity in CRM and have therefore not granted any priveledges for the Account entity to any users. This way, the Account entity will not show up on users wonderbar, menus, lookups, etc. Having done this, Account is removed from being one of the record type opt...

Null Is Null
I've got a text box in a report that's not returning properly. Here's its Control Source: =[Reports]![rptFGPackConfigsPKWeights]![srptFGPKConfigsSUPK_totalwt]! [SumWtg]+IIf(IsNull([Reports]![rptFGPackConfigsPKWeights]! [srptFGPKConfigsTPK_totalwt]![SumWtg]),Null,"") This returns #Error. It's definitely my IIf statement as it returns properly when removed however there are times when [srptFGPKConfigsTPK_totalwt].[SumWtg] will be null. In fact, this subreport will not appear if no records exist. I suspect that this is the problem. How can I write this Control Source t...

if A1=Null and B1=A1 why is result in B1=0 ??
if A1=Null and B1=A1 why is result in B1=0 ?? because of this I get wrong result for average calculations: average for (6,8,0) <> average for (6,8,null) Use =IF(A1="","",A1) -- HTH RP (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "WGeorg" <WGeorg@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:09FCCF25-D0DC-4B1E-BFA1-CEF9A9327C46@microsoft.com... > if A1=Null and B1=A1 why is result in B1=0 ?? > because of this I get wrong result for average calculations: average for > (6,8,0) <> average for (6,8,null) Use this ...

Any update on the problem between ChemDraw and MS Word, etc?
Last June there was a, um, vigorous discussion about the problem of Office not handling the images from ChemDraw in a way that makes Word 2008 usable for chemists. Odd behavior, as Pages '09 works fine with ChemDraw images, as do most of the other programs I have tried. Is there news of a potential fix by MS, or are they blowing off the premiere chemical drawing software? ...

Compatibility problems with new word versions
I am working as a translator with the 2004 Mac:Word version 11.2 (050714). Now I can=B4t read MS-Word files that come in via mail from one of my customers. The MS-Word files appear as "Winmail.dat" files which my eMac can=B4t read. I have downloaded the latest Mac:Word updates. Was the Mac after all not a could choice for a translator who is dependent on MS-compatibility? "marius" <markuslange@mac.com> wrote in message news:1136298143.000497.285060@o13g2000cwo.googlegroups.com... I am working as a translator with the 2004 Mac:Word version 11.2 (050714). Now I can�t...

RMS 1.2 New field for detailed sales report
I would like to print the tender type on the detail sales report.Could anybody tell me what table, field and syntax I need for the inner join of the report? Thanks Gerd I made some progress with the report. I found the tables I need and have linked those to the report. However, when running the report I get duplicate records for some transactions when the tender type was cash with some money back. Reason being that there are 2 records in table tenderentry. Here it the report definition with all the various joins: Begin ReportSummary ReportType = reporttypeSales ReportTitle = "...

Syntax for Is Not Null ?
When one of our forms is opened (Current event) I want a message box fired by certain conditions (that the Ref control does have a value, but the Country control is empty). I have tried various bits of code along the lines shown below, but keep getting runtime errors. Wot's wrong with the following, please? If [Me.Ref] is not null and [Me.Country] = "" Then MsgBox "Please enter the country!" Many thanks CW CW - Try this: If (not isnull([Me.Ref])) AND IsNull([Me.Country]) Then MsgBox "Please enter the country!" -- Daryl S ...

Required Field
How do I make a field required in a scrolling window? Can I just set Required = True in modifier. If not, do I have to use VBA. How to prevent a record from saving until that field is populated? Example: Distribution Reference in the Journal Entry window (Trx->Financial->General).. Any help will be highly appreciated. Thx, VJ Yes to your suggestion about using Modifier. If you make any field required, you cannot save the record until the required fields have data. "VJ@QCI.Com" <VJQCICom@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:AE97B4FC-8B76-44D2-B4AC-E1B...

keeping footnotes on same page using Microsoft Word 2007
I have lengthen decrease my bottom margin in the footnote and am having difficulty keeping a short line to separate the footnotes. Any suggestions? I find myself adjusting the text by inserting page breaks. Is there a more efficient way to go about this? Please let me know. See http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/BottomLine.htm for factors involved. See also http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting/FootnoteOnDiffPage.htm -- Suzanne S. Barnhill Microsoft MVP (Word) Words into Type Fairhope, Alabama USA http://word.mvps.org "NOLA" <NOLA@discussions.microsoft.com...

Microsoft Error Reporting Window on Quitting Word
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel Since upgrading to Snow Leopard about half the times that I quit Word I get a Microsoft Error Reporting Window stating that "Microsoft Word has encountered a problem and needs to close." I have not yet been able to determine under what circumstances this does and does not occur. It's an odd message since Word has been working just fine up until I quit. It occurs when quitting from the menu, dock, keyboard, or by shutting down the computer. Thanks for any help you can offer to correct this! On 10/13/0...

how do i extract information from excel and put in certain fields.
i am trying to take information from a database i have in excel and put things like the name of a person and a date in certain places in a word document. is there any way to do this? Use the mail merge wizard on the Word side. HTH, Gary Brown "Novice" wrote: > i am trying to take information from a database i have in excel and put > things like the name of a person and a date in certain places in a word > document. is there any way to do this? Novice For help on Word mail merge using Excel as the data source. http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/mailmerg.htm ht...

How Do I Build a List of Field Names I can Export to Excel
I do not want to use the documenter, because I want a file that I can export to excel, not a report format. Hi. >I do not want to use the documenter, because I want a file that I can >export > to excel, not a report format. If you're interested in the field names as columns in the spreadsheet, then use a query to export an empty table, with only the column headers, to a spreadsheet: SELECT * INTO [Text;HDR=YES;DATABASE=C:\Data\].FieldNames.CSV FROM MyTable WHERE (1 = 0); Then open the C:\Data\FieldNames.CSV file in Excel. HTH. Gunny See http://www.QBuilt.com for all you...

limit Criteria from a date field
I have a field that performs a calcualtion based on a date: Age: ([DATE]-[TR_DATE]). I need to add to the criteria >50 But the error says Arithmatic overflow error, guess because it was a date value to begin with. I tried creating anothe field from that one: Age at Panel: ([Age]>50) which give me a -1 or 0 but I still cannot make the criteria = -1 or 0. I tried another query but it just carries over the same issues. How do I allow only >50 from this calculation???? Dan @BCBS <DanBCBS@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I have a field that performs a calcualtion base...

adding code to command button in word from excel VBA
Hi- I am creating a document in word with excel VBA. I figured out how to add a command button to word from excel VBA, but I can not figure out how to add code to that command button for when the command button is clicked on. I do not want to use a userform. I know how to add code to the button i create in an excel document, but I can't seem to add code to a button in word, using excel VBA. Here is the code I have created so far. I wrote messages in the code to tell you what i was doing and which part i am having problems with. I have been working on this for several days and would ...

Rearranging fields after hidding them
With simple Javascript we are able to hide fields from a form. However, the fields which are still shown on the form are not realligned. For example we might have the following scenario: Field 1 Field 2 Field 3 Field 2 should not be shown on certain conditions. So, in the onLoad() event of the form we hide this field. This will result in the following: Field 1 Field 3 With an empty space between Field 1 and Field 3. Is there a way to bypass this issue ? Thanks Nicos Papaioannou There's no automatic way of doing this. You can try this: var td2 = document.getElementById(crmForm.a...

When is a Null not a Null?
I have a form which is used for adding and entering data depending on where it is called from. When called in add mode (acFormAdd) a blank form is openned. When the cursor enters the text box [Name] on the form field I am trying test whether it is empty so that a search form can be openned if a new name is to be added. (I don't want the search form to open in cases when the form already has data in and I am editing rather than adding data). The form is based on a query and the data displayed in [Name] is the result of a calculated field in the query which concatenates firstname and surn...

word art and fonts
Can word art use Type 1 fonts? I received a .pub file and when opened in Pub2003SP2 the font for some word art was missing. So, I activated my Type 1 version of the font. Upon the .pub file displaying, the word art was extreamly alaised (stairstepped). As a test I redid the above but changed the missing font to a different True Type face. Worked well. Do I have to buy a True Type version of the face, word art doesent work with Type 1, there is a bug in Publisher, or I need to reinstall Publisher? Several programs or program features don't work well, if at all, with Type 1 fonts. W...

Filter on Memo Fields
Hi, I was obliged to create Memo Fields in order to avoid SQL Server Row size limitations. However, the problem is that I am not able to see Memo Fields on MS CRM Reports filter? Could any one tell me how to create large fields in MS CRM and how to filter reports bases on the fields ????? Help is highly appreciated. Thanks ...

What is the Null character?
What is the character sequence that Excel uses to represent an empty cell? I am using a formula and when it returns false, I would like for it to represent the cell as if it was empty. I have tried using "" as an empty cell, but excel recognizes that this is a value, not an empty cell. You can't do what you want to do. A formula always returns *something*. -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP - Excel Pearson Software Consulting, LLC www.cpearson.com "Quinn Ramsey" <Quinn Ramsey@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D67F6311-0CCA-48B5-A...

how do I import a word document with footnotes into publisher?
When I import my word document into publisher I always seem to lose the footnotes and page numbers. What can I do to keep them as originally written? Publisher does not support footnotes. You will have to create them manually. -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "dickburgess" <dickburgess@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:702B1472-41B8-40EE-9513-1660B59F5463@microsoft.com... > When I import my word document into publisher I always seem to lose the > footnotes and page numbers. What can I...

Calculated Fields
Hi, Recently I started using calculated fields in word extensively. I write a lot of technical documents with a lot of calculation in them. Since all calculations are chain-like I am assigning values to variables and then use them. At the end of the document I end up with more than 100 variables which are difficult to track. So my question is how can I track my variables in Word (something like a panel where I can see them)? Is there any other efficient, or cleverer, way to complete my task? The following macro list all the docvariables with their values Sub ShowVariables(...

Custom fields in Email Templates
I have created a custom field on the case form, which I have also included in an email template that is triggered by a manual rule. When I save my Case with the custom field filled in and then run the manual rule, the email that is delivered does not include the value from my custom field. Should this work? Thanks, Matt This should work. Please provide more info. What type of field is it? Did you add the field to the template manually or using the template editor's Insert/Update Dynamic Data button? Another Matt W, Matt Wittemann http://icu-mscrm.blogspot.com "MattW" ...

Envelope printing in Publisher should mirror Word
The printing routine in Publisher should work the same way it does in Word. I never have any trouble printing an envelope in Word. But almost never can get the envelope to print correctly in Publisher. WC ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.mi...

What is the purpose of the Link Master and Child Fields?
I have a form which contains tabbed subForms, each subForm pulling data from their respective tables. However, none of these forms talk to each other and I don't really know the purpose of the Link Master Fields and Link Child Fields sections. But i'm pretty sure this has something to do with it. Can anyone shed any light or post me a link to where this is explained? "SparkyMark" <SparkyMark@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E9A9AD44-07A3-4491-9691-A9D243B9BE6D@microsoft.com... >I have a form which contains tabbed subForms, each subForm pulling d...