not enough rows

Excel is limited to 65,536 rows.  What is the work around
to make this limit higher?
0
anonymous (74722)

There is no workaround except using multiple sheets

--

Regards,

Peo Sjoblom

"mc" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Excel is limited to 65,536 rows.  What is the work around
> to make this limit higher?

0
terre08 (1112)
7/19/2004 3:07:17 PM
"mc" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Excel is limited to 65,536 rows.  What is the work around
> to make this limit higher?

Depends on the task.  A simple but often ineffective solution is to move
data onto a second or third worksheet.

If that is not an option then I would suggest trying to use Access.  After
that your options basically run out, as far as I know.

Good luck!

-gk-

The workaround is to use more than 1 worksheet or switch
to another spreadsheet package.

HTH
Jason
Atlanta, GA

0
jason.morin (561)
7/19/2004 3:11:13 PM
Hi mc

No work around

But you can use more sheets maybe.
Or use a Database like Access

--
Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl

"mc" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:300bc01c46da1$617ed200$a301280a@phx.gbl...
> Excel is limited to 65,536 rows.  What is the work around
> to make this limit higher?

0
rondebruin (3789)
7/19/2004 3:12:29 PM
"39N95W" <gkammerer38@hotmail.com> wrote ...

> A simple but often ineffective solution is to move
> data onto a second or third worksheet.
>
> If that is not an option then I would suggest trying to use Access.  After
> that your options basically run out, as far as I know.

LOL!  What a great mental model: use Excel >> try to use MS Access >>
edge of known universe is reached.

Jamie.

jamiecollins (192)
7/20/2004 9:12:06 AM
jamiecollins@xsmail.com (Jamie Collins) wrote in message news:<2ed66b75.0407200112.4662ee5e@posting.google.com>...
> "39N95W" <gkammerer38@hotmail.com> wrote ...
>
> > A simple but often ineffective solution is to move
> > data onto a second or third worksheet.
> >
> > If that is not an option then I would suggest trying to use Access.  After
> > that your options basically run out, as far as I know.
>
> LOL!  What a great mental model: use Excel >> try to use MS Access >>
> edge of known universe is reached.
>
> Jamie.
>
> --

LOL! what a great mental model:  Read a plea for help, read somebody
else's answer...make fun of him...don't provide any better
solutions...

Geez... I'd stay with the Excel>Access>edge of known universe any day
of the week and twice on Sundays!
0
mayangod (2)
7/20/2004 8:01:43 PM
mayangod@hotmail.com (Tony Duarte) wrote ...

> Read a plea for help, read somebody
> else's answer...make fun of him...

Yeah, that was a bit cruel. It's just that it's one of my pet hates
i.e. why not say, 'I would suggest using a database, such as MS Access
if you have it'?

> don't provide any better
> solutions...

The popular answers had already been given: use other columns,
possibly on another worksheet; use a database; use another spreadsheet
package. But this kind of, 'Me too' post is rightly discouraged.

Jamie.

jamiecollins (192)

Setting row global row height in Publisher
I'm trying to set a global row height for a table in Publisher. The method used in Word doesn't work (Table>Table Properties>Row Tab, etc. These options aren't even available on the drop down menu. Why does this sort of thing have to be soooo different in Publisher? Because Publisher is a page layout program... Word is more suitable for documents. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Box" <Box@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:75E3941B-961F-486C-9010-FEBE566FC800@microso...

Changing rows by Columns
Hi, I have a query. I need to show the result of this query changing rows by columns in the table of my report. How I can to make it in SSRS 2005? Best regards and thanks!! Julio I would T-SQL , a new PIVOT command does that "julito" <julito@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E79F47EB-504E-494B-AA4F-EFEEFF510A8D@microsoft.com... > Hi, > > I have a query. I need to show the result of this query changing rows by > columns in the table of my report. > > How I can to make it in SSRS 2005? > > Best regards and thank...

How do I convert columns of data to rows in excel?
I am trying to convert 1 column of data into a row. Is there a simple way to do this? Copy/Cut your row and rightclick the destination. Choose "Paste Special" and check the "Transpose" option. That should do it! -- -SA "Glen in Pen" wrote: > I am trying to convert 1 column of data into a row. Is there a simple way to > do this? I just tried the Cut/Paste Special... and it's not available. You can only do this using the Copy function. Weird... -- -SA "StumpedAgain" wrote: > Copy/Cut your row and rightclick the destination....

Custom Formula in Pivot Table Row
Hello all, I use Pivot Tables (Excel 2003) to create Profit & Loss statements. I would like to insert a custom formula to calculate 1) Gross Profit and 2) Gross Profit %. My pivot tables look something like this: Acc Type Account Budget Actual Variance Sales 5001 | 10000 12000 2000 5002 | 5000 4000 -1000 5003 | 2000 2500 500 ------------------------------------------------- Sales Total 17000 18500 1500 ------------------------------------------------- COS 6001 | 8000 8500 500...

Enough. Where is the policy?
Okay, Who the heck is in charge on these groups? Someone totally hidden and entirely unaccountable..? What's the posting policy and where the heck is some honesty about how these groups are moderated..? Where is the FAQ..? (or FAQs..?) Yes, I've had it. I'm upset that 1 or 2 critical posts I made didn't get posted. So, you can contact me at: ==================================================== Scott Davis, 45 Dunfield Av, Unit 2117 Self-Employed Toronto, ON, Canada, M4S 2H4 Tech Consultant Mobile. (416) 432-4334 The IP addrs I use to post all UseNet: 66.207.21...

Way to keep formulas unchanged when deleting rows?
I have a bunch of references to some data that I copy into a datasheet. Occasionally, this data has some blank rows or rows with unneeded data in it. If I delete those rows, it messes up all the formulas on other pages. Is there a way to define the formulas such that deleting data won't change them? I've tried using absolute cell references ($A$5), but when I delete the line, this cell reference gets changed. Thanks, Pete =3DINDIRECT("A5") On Nov 17, 8:02=A0pm, PeteJ <Pe...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I have a bunch of references to ...

deleting rows...
I've built a template with 36 rows for users to populate - works great! BUT, they have aske if there is a way to automatically delete the rows that aren't being used. (I'm thinking a simple macro testing if A36 is populated, if not delete row, if - then end. decrement to A35... repeat until filled cell is found). If anyone can point me in the right direction, I'd appreciate it J.E. McGimpsey just posted a reply in this thread: http://google.com/groups?threadm=%23FgJvnq0DHA.3496%40TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl Eric Jeppesen wrote: > > I've built a template with 36 rows for...

Sorting a row of cells?
If I have a row of cells with alphanumeric characters in them, how can I sort the row so that the cells are in alphanumeric order? If I have a square array of such cells, how can I sort each row individually for the entire array? Bill -- An old man would be better off never having been born. Select the row and sort left to right.............found under Options in sort dialog. For multiple rows try this macro from Tom Ogilvy Sub SortRows() 'Tom Ogilvy macro Dim R As Long Dim lRow As Long Application.ScreenUpdating = False Application.Calculation = xlCa...

how to auto insert rows in Excel
Hello I have a huge excel worksheet that I need to insert rows and subtotal between sections. For example: Class 11 Class 11 Class 11 Subtotal Class 12 Class 12 Class 12 Subtotal How can I automatically do this? Right now, the manual intervention takes a 1/2 day! Thanks for any insights tg Tanya Have you taken a look at Data>Subtotals? -- HTH Nick Hodge Microsoft MVP - Excel Southampton, England nick_hodgeTAKETHISOUT@zen.co.uk.ANDTHIS "TanyaG" <TanyaG@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:193BE600-7B71-4661-A20D-780E71B7972F@microsoft.com... > ...

CountIf in Even Rows only
Excel 2007 I want to count the number of cells in a range that, say, are over 15, but I want to consider only cells in even rows. Also, I need help with counting cells that are, say, 14 to 15. Thanks for your time. Otto Try these... Over 15: =COUNTIF(A:A,">15") Between and including 14 and 15: =COUNTIF(A:A,">=14")-COUNTIF(A:A,">15") -- Rick (MVP - Excel) "Otto Moehrbach" <moehrbachoextra@bellsouth.net> wrote in message news:eKzVmD3dKHA.6096@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... > Excel 2007 > I want to count the...

Not enough memory?
I am trying to send a 172MB attachment, but get the message "Not enough memory"? I have 4 GB RAM installed, with a net of 2.87 GB available with nothing running and 735GB avilable on my hard drive. Why am I getting this message? Is there a size limitation in Windows Mail? -- McM I don't know of any server that would allow a 172MB message. Even if they did, you'd probably end up with a really teed-off recipient when they tried to download it. Use an upload site. Here are a couple, but you can Google for more. Upload large files. An alternative to e-mail....

Is there a way to have multiple rows of tabs?
I am wondering if there is any way to have more than one row of worksheet tabs at the bottom of the screen? I have way too many tabs to fit on the screen and I'm trying to find a way to not have to scroll back and forth through the tabs. You can right click one of the arrows to the left and select the sheet from there -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "Peteewj" <Peteewj@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:AFB76E91-A687-482E-BCEE-1F352251B354@microsoft.com... > I am wondering if there is any way to have more than one row of worksheet > tabs at the bottom ...

multiple records into 1 row
hi i have my data organized in a table like this, pID itemType and i might have records like this in the table 11 Chart 11 Picture 11 Text 12 Chart 12 Text What kind of query do i need to implement to get the data in the following form: pID Chart Picture Text and the previous data would transform into 11 yes yes yes 12 yes no yes Thanks Take a look at "crosstab queries" Regards Jeff Boyce Microsoft Office/Access MVP "AloneDel" <AloneDel@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0E166EAE-F823-4349-...

Subtotals for a variable number of rows
Following is my data: A B C 1 Oranges 6 2 Oranges 5 3 Oranges 7 4 Pomegranates 19 5 Pomegranates 16 C3 should be 18, and C5 should be 35. Next week there will more more or fewer categories with a variable number of entities in each. A macro to accomplish this will save me a lot of time (and errors ??). -- “Doubt is uncomfortable, certainty is ridiculous.” (Voltaire) Subtotal feature or pivottable based of dynamic named range; http://www.ozgrid.com/Excel/subtotal.htm http:/...

CListCtrl DeleteItem: First row is gone, but second row doesn't scroll up?
Hi, I've got a few list controls and rows are frequently inserted and deleted. However, sometimes, I notice that the first row is gone and unselectable and the second row didn't scroll up. Manually scrolling down and back up 'fixes' it. Why does this happen? Do I call certain methods in the wrong order? >I've got a few list controls and rows are frequently inserted and deleted. >However, sometimes, I notice that the first row is gone and unselectable >and the second row didn't scroll up. >Manually scrolling down and back up 'fixes' it. >Why do...

how do i increase the rows in a excel balance sheet?
i've prepare a balance sheet for my company.In the excel balance sheet i can't enter more then 12 rows. what can i do/ "dass" <dass@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:33689BBB-8071-4E51-8D31-17579EB2BFF5@microsoft.com... > i've prepare a balance sheet for my company.In the excel balance sheet i > can't enter more then 12 rows. what can i do/ Could you be a bit more specific? Excel (at least in 2003 and prior) has over 60 THOUSAND rows. What EXACTLY do you mean by "can't enter more than 12 rows"? Excel 95 and earlier h...

not enough memory when sorting email
I continue to get an error message saying I don't have enough memory for my e-mail rules used for sorting my e- mail into their proper boxes. CAn you please increase it? Can it be solved? ...

not enough resources
Hi there Hope someone can help. I am running excel 2002, and just recently been getting messages when trying to save work. Its all ok for about an hour then it locks up when I try to save, when I have 2 or 3 workbooks open. It says not enough resources close some other running programs. I am not running any others at the time. after many trys it finally says disk full. I am running xp home, service pack 2. I have plenty of disk space about 10gb so that's not the problem. any help would be appreciated. Also when I now start up excel a blank workbook appears this never used to. Also when I o...

Autofilter
Does anyone know of any way to increase the number of rows displayed in Autofilter, becauase when working on large ranges it doesn't display all values. Any help greatly appreciated..... There is a limit on what can be displayed in the filter pull-down of 1000 items. However, you can still apply filters to values that can not be seen. Debra Dalgelish gives some techniques here: http://www.contextures.com/xlautofilter02.html#Limits Hope this helps. Pete On Mar 10, 1:39=A0pm, "Me!" <du...@dummy.dummy> wrote: > Does anyone know of any way to increase the number o...

Copy cells to variable number of rows
I need to copy a formula (that a macro has entered at W3 & X3) down to the last row for that particuliar wk. I've figured out how to get the number of rows for that wk( in this case i=93, i will change for each wk) but can't figure out the syntax for the Range: Selection.Copy Range("W4: ? ").Select ActiveSheet.Paste instead of Selection.Copy Range("W4: ? ").Select ActiveSheet.Paste try range("W4:W"&i).filldown "Acct Supr - DCTC" wrote: > I need to copy a formula (that a macro has entered at W3 & X3) down to the > l...

ALLOW ROW 1 AS HEADER ROW... NOT PART OF DATA SORT OF ANY COLUMNS.
Office 97 allowed me to keep an Excel spreadsheet row 1 as header row onscreen while sorting date in any column's date in any row below row 1. Newer Office 2003 Excel grabs row 1 in any data column sort. I even have row 1 protected with "Freeze Windows". Help please... To allow row one to be the header row, you should be able to go to Data -> Sort -> and then check the box that says "My data range has header row". "bro. Billy" wrote: > Office 97 allowed me to keep an Excel spreadsheet row 1 as header row > onscreen while sorting date in ...

Creating a huge multiple table diagonally, not row by row or column by column?
Dear All: I want to creating a multiple table using Excel 2007, as follows: 1 2 3 ... 1 (1) (2) (3) ... 2 (2) (4) (6) ... 3 (3) (6) (9)... .. .. .. Every position is the product of leftmost multiply top most value. I can use formula to do it row by row or column by column. But I cannot do it diagonally. The reason I want to finish this table one step is there are too many rows and columns to do them by row or by column only. Thanks. Du In B2 enter this formula: =3D$A2*B$1 Copy this across the row into C2 to however many columns you have. Then highlight B2 to your last cell a...

Autofill to last row in a database
I have a large file but it varies in size each month. When i recorded a macro the file seems to copy down the column in a fixed method as shown below- Selection.AutoFill Destination:=Range("H2:H15952") Range("H2:H15952").Select I was wondering what i can insert in these areas so that it will AutoFill automatically to the bottom row of column F no matter how many cells are present. Please help me out. Thanks -- Message posted via http://www.officekb.com Jon, Selection.AutoFill Destination:=Range("H2:H" & Range("F65536").End(xlUp).Row) HTH...

Not enough memory to load graphics
Hi there, I've got a problem with Microsoft Publisher 2000. Whenever I try and paste a bitmap, it brings up the message that "publisher doesnt have enough memory to load graphics or embedded objects". Now, this doesnt happen on my 4 years old computer, it happens on my brand new computer - it has 2.8GHZ, 512MB RAM, 20GB Hard Drive. Why? After managing to set up OE-QuoteFix on his new PC, Ed reads a message from Omar <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com>... > I've got a problem with Microsoft Publisher 2000. Whenever > I try and paste a bitmap, it brings up...

Tabbing through rows
Can I create a chart that delineates any row I choose without creating a new chart each time? The data I want to chart resides in columns B through BD and rows 22 through 1000. I'd like to use one chart that changes rows easily without having to recreate the chart for each row of data. Hi Nick, Go to http://www.edferrero.com/charting.aspx and download 'Chart Selector' Ed Ferrero Microsoft Excel MVP http://www.edferrero.com > Can I create a chart that delineates any row I choose without creating a > new > chart each time? > > The data I want to chart resides ...