Not all of my fonts are showing up in Excel

I have looked in my Fonts Folder (in the Control Panel) and the font is
listed in there. But, when I open Excel, the font is not available in the
dropdown box. What do i do to fix this?

0
Angie (48)

"=?Utf-8?B?QW5naWU=?=" <Angie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in

> I have looked in my Fonts Folder (in the Control Panel) and the font
> is listed in there. But, when I open Excel, the font is not available
> in the dropdown box. What do i do to fix this?

Is the font available in other Office apps?

I found some info on this problem for Word:

http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/AppErrors/CommonFontProbs.htm

http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting/NoFonts.htm

Maybe it gives you some direction where to look for a solution.

--

It is I, DeauDeau
(Free after monsieur Leclerc in 'Allo, 'allo)

Subreport columns not showing
I have read about Microsoft's bug regarding multiple-column subreports, but have still not been able to fix my issues: I have two reports. One is a one-column report with a header, in which I want to insert a subreport - another report that I have created (that works fine when opened by itself) that creates columns of data. Settings are 5 columns 1" wide and 5" tall. Fields are in the Detail section of the report and the report boundaries are tight to the data text boxes. Currently set column setting as "Across then down", though have tried both ways. When the rep...

Excel in Office for Mac 2008 features
I've had Excel crash numerous times the first day using it. THe Auto Save feature does not seem to be working. Each time it crashes it brings back the old saved spreadsheet with none of the changes. Auto Save is set to 10 minutes and sometimes it had been hours and still reverted back to the old saved sheet and not the updated autosaved one. In article <ee8a70d.-1@webcrossing.caR9absDaxw>, Foosh@officeformac.com wrote: > I've had Excel crash numerous times the first day using it. THe Auto Save > feature does not seem to be working. Each time it crashes it brings back th...

Word Wrapping in Excel
I am having trouble with Word Wrapping in Excel. It does not adjust th row height properly. I have tried Format, Rows, AutoFit and it stil doesn't work. Help, pleas -- Mandy1 ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Mandy11's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1300 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=27632 Hi do you experience this with merged cells. If yes->nothing you can really do about this without using vBA -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Mandy11 wrote: > I...

Printing Barcode Font in RS2008
We have several reports that use custom barcode fonts, and these have been working happily for ages. We have recently deployed our reports to a sql2008 instance and have hit a big problem. The Report Previews correctly in Reporting services (i.e. the user sees the barcode) The report previews AND prints correctly in VS2008. but... When we print from Reporting services the barcodes font is not displayed (gibbersish characters are displayed instead). We have checked that the users all have the barcode fonts installed locally. We have also installed the barcode fonts on t...

lable ranges in Excell
I am working with a customer list that I composed in excell to allow me to set up mailers & keep track of their address,dob etc I need it in out look so I can sink my new ipack so I dont have to enter all this data buy hand. In out look it says that you can import the data but it will not as it comes up with " the microsoft file ....................................... has nonamed ranges of tha data you want to import". I found where to name the rnages ( next to the address bar in excell but I am not sure of what to do. The office assent is pointing me to make them a "...

Email Categories: NO SHOW to sendee, SHOW in Sent folder? Prev. WR
I posted this issue recently, and all the responses appear to be incorrect. I want to assign categories to emails, so that I can search my Sent emails by category, but NOT have the recipient see the assigned category. I was told by at least two previous posters that Outlook 2007 would do this. (I had Office 2003.) So, after buying Office 2007 Ultimate, installing it, and testing it (many hours and hundreds of dollars later), NADA. It does NOT work as I was told it would. Would somebody tell me (correctly) how I can get Outlook 2003 to do this? This is the only reason I bought Office Ul...

Finding duplicates in excel
Hi guys, I have a big worksheet with a ton of columns, what I need to do is find all the numbers from column B that are in column A and create a list of cells from column B that are unique and not in column A. The sheet looks like this but goes on for 5K rows. If you look at the 2 columns the first number in column B (11971268365) is also in column A and I don't want that number. I do want the 2nd and 3rd number (etc). Can you guys help me do this? I can't seem to figure it out on my own. Please feel free to e-mail me as well rhino-lfl@hotmail.com Thanks guys A ...

Open an Excel file via a script and Run a macro
I wish to open an Excel file via a script and run a specified macro, then save the file at a certain time each day. I looked up the Microsoft site and found the code below which Opens all files in a directory, runs a macro on all then closes. It pretty much does what I want except I just have one specified file, problem is I'm not sure what part of the code I change, I just can't work it out. Hope someone can help Important information I guess is Path where file exists: T:\2008\sean\my documents\Daily Report.xls (this is a mapped drive on my PC) Macro name: CompileReport Code from ...

Adding Excel Spreadsheets to a website
I've searched the fora, and can't find these specific issues addressed so any help is greatly appreciated. I have an intranet website for distribution of documents to coworkers. It works just fine for .pdf's, word and html files, but I've run into snag with some Excel files. I'm using direct links to the files, s they open up in the web browser. All files are protected at the Shee and Workbook levels. Some files open and close (via the "Back" button just fine. Others, however, produce the following popup upon exit: This document has been modified. Do you ...

caption font
Hi, I would like to know if it is possible to change by program the font used in caption bar, menu, status bar, ... Thank you Raymond Mercier Raymond Mercier wrote: > Hi, > > I would like to know if it is possible to change by program the font > used in caption bar, menu, status bar, ... > > Thank you > > Raymond Mercier The status bar is a control, and like other controls its font can be changed by calling its SetFont function with a CFont that you initialize. But the caption bar and menus are drawn by Windows using the system preferences. You cannot direct...

How to show the aphabet list toolbar in the contacts window
Hi, I remember having a alphabet toolbar in the contacts list (when in View>Phone List). Now I don't seem to have it anymore. Does anyone know how to re-enable it? Thanks. On Wed, 3 Nov 2004 11:32:12 +0800, "Tom" <faai_dee_mail@fastmail.fm> wrote: >Hi, > >I remember having a alphabet toolbar in the contacts list (when in >View>Phone List). Now I don't seem to have it anymore. Does anyone know >how to re-enable it? > Try viewing your contacts in Address Card view. Your alphabet list will appear on the right side of the view. -- <...

Excel protecting formatting
Hi All How can I prevent cell formats from being removed or being overwritten when data is cut or pasted from another cell. I do not wish to rely on users having to use the "Paste Special" option. Many thanks Maybe you could just intercept the change. This worked in light testing. Option Explicit Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Range) Dim myFormulas As Variant On Error GoTo errHandler: myFormulas = Target.Formula With Application .EnableEvents = False .Undo End With Target.Formula = myFormulas errHandler: ...

short cut for excel.
I want to perform a "horizontally page down" , switch from column 1 to column 50 . are there any shortcut keys perform such action? are there any article listing all the shortcut key of excel? thank you. cclai, Use Alt + PageUp / PageDown to do "horizontal pageup / pagedown" For keyboard shortcuts, simply search Excel's help for "shortcut". -- Ture Magnusson Microsoft MVP - Excel Karlstad, Sweden "cclai" <chichung15@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:eV%23gW9PqDHA.2444@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... > I want to perform a "horizontall...

Messages showing up as enclosures?
Hi - When I send messages from my office email (Outlook 2000, Exchange 2000) to 2 specific people, my messages show up as an enclosure or an attachment to a message. Any attachments I had sent are gone. When I send that same message to others, including my personal email address, they are fine. They both use Outlook, one uses 2000, not sure about the other. Also, if I paste a table from Word into the email, they see a string of text, the table is gone. Any suggestions as to what I can look for to fix this? Thanks - Brian ...

2005 Excel User Conference #2
Just a reminder about the 2005 Excel User Conference. Details can be found at: http://www.exceluserconference.com/ The conference will take place on Friday, September 16, 2005 - Saturday, September 17, 2005 and will be held at Stockyards Hotel Fort Worth, Texas USA. Mark your calendars and make plans to attend. This will be your opportunity to meet some of the regular posters and learn from some of the "masters". Don't miss out!! Everyone is welcome to help spread the word about this event. Messages posted in other forums in which you participate would be appreciated. We would...

How to write in Japenese font?
I want to write in Japenese font in Word. Is there any possibility to write in MS Office 2003 with On-screen keyboard? Yes. It's not a Word thing, it's a Windows thing. Go to Start > Control Panel > Regional and Language Options, and try to follow the tabs and buttons for "installing a new keyboard" (not "installing a new language") They are rather different in XP, Vista, and 7. In XP you need to check the box for "Asian scripts" (not "complex scripts"). There are many different input methods for Japanese; you can read ...

Show Discount on SOP Invoice or nothing if 0
I am trying to create a calculated field on the bottom of the SOP Blank Invoice to show the discount amount if paid by the due date. I just can't seem to get it to work. It should be easy but I've wasted too much time already. thanks I have not looked at this field when discounts available are not posted to the GL but there is a field in the SOP10100 called Discount Available Amount (DISAVAMT) as well as amounts for Misc and Freight charges. Try these fields or a sum of the 3 in a calculation if they are properly populated. And let me know if this works! -- Richard L. Whale...

How To Use External VBA Custom Function In Excel ?
I am using Excel 2003 and Excel 2007. I would like to compile a VBA Function to an .exe and place it somewhere. Then I would like my excel use that compiled Function. 1st) I can use VB to generate an .exe of the function. Where could I place this?? Can it be embbed in the excel sheet so user don't need to look for it?? 2nd) If its internal or external, I would I reference the .exe function to my my excel spreadsheet ??? Thank You, G hi excel VBA has no built in functionality for this. you would do better to create your function as an addin and disturbut...

Save? prompt when closing Excel
Over the last couple of days, I've lost changes to some excel files because it is no longer asking me if I want to save the changesI think it used to) when I close the workbook. This isn't the same as AutoSave. What might I have inadvertentely changed. I've never seen excel not ask when it thought the workbook was changed. (A developer could hide this question with a small macro--could that have happened?) My first guess is you really saved your data--but you saved it to a different location. Any chance???? lh wrote: > > Over the last couple of days, I've lost c...

Signature Fonts
We are using Outlook 2000 and need to disable the font selection for signature blocks (we want to keep it at Times New Roman 10). Is this possible? Again thank you in advance for your help. ...

excel macros #4
I have an excel spreadsheet that contains macros. I need to move this file to another computer, but when I copy the file it does not seem to copy the macros. What is happening and how can I move this file with the macros? Thanks, Shadmtn Are your macros in a different workbook i.e. personal.xls You probably want to back up all files in your XLSTART directory, and you might want to check out Backup your files, always take backups http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/backup;htm --- HTH, David McRitchie, Microsoft MVP - Excel [site changed Nov. 2001] My Excel Pages: ht...

Zip codes not showing up correctly in mail merge
My zip codes aren't showing up properly in a publisher mail merge even though the excel spreadsheet it's coming from is set up correctly. Could we get a little more info: Software versions? What do you mean by "aren't showing up properly" -- not in the right place, truncated, etc.? New problem, never works? -- James Orlando (Goofy says "Hey"), Florida "Robin" <Robin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:BD209257-6655-4717-94E4-4FA2AF92E8CD@microsoft.com... > My zip codes aren't showing up properly in a p...

using forms control on excel sheet.
Hi , i know how to add combo box etc onto an excel worksheet but how do i manupilate them? e.g i have created a combo box on worksheet1 and i want it to holds a list of items. a link to a tutorial or some simple examples will help thanks --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ Since it's a forms control, right-click the combobox, choose Format Control. In the Control tab, choose an input range that holds your list and a Cell Link cell to hold the result. In article <jaxrpc.zvm8x@excelforum-nospam.com>, jaxrpc <<jaxrpc.zvm8x@excelforum-nospam.com>> w...

Toolbar Missing In Excel

Excel 2007 startup
How do I start excel 07 with no blank workbook opening? On previous versions one could start the excel program without opening the blank default workbook, but, I can not find how to shut this off in 2007? "RPB" <RPB@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:189FFE77-92D4-4276-BE0E-82A85B0BA1EC@microsoft.com... > How do I start excel 07 with no blank workbook opening? On previous > versions > one could start the excel program without opening the blank default > workbook, > but, I can not find how to shut this off in 2007? Well I've been using Ex...