normalizing a column of numbers

How do you normalize a column of numbers using a chart?  I know how to do a chart but not how to interpret it for normalizing

0
anonymous (74717)

Mason,

Use a helper column where you normalize your numbers using an appropriate
formula prior to charting, and then chart that column with your normalizing
formulas.

HTH,
Bernie
MS Excel MVP

"mason" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> How do you normalize a column of numbers using a chart?  I know how to do
a chart but not how to interpret it for normalizing.

0
Bernie

Sum Number of Rows based on Value in Another Cell
Hi, Not sure that the subject line described what I want to do very well, I know that there is a long-winded way of doing what I want to do, but at the same time I know there must be a quicker and better way, so here goes. I'd like to to able to write a formula that will sum a number of rows, so as to create a 'year to date' column in my spreadsheet. I've put an example of what my worksheet contains below, and put simply I'd like the YTD column to be a sum of the values in column B, e.g. the YTD value for month 2 should be the sum of months 1&2, the Y...

How do I sum a number of columns and ignore the minimum value?
=SUM(A:G,-MIN(A:G)) However, this only removes the min. value once. If the minimum value appears several times and you want to ignore all instances of it, then use: =SUM(A:G,-SUMIF(A:G,MIN(A:G))) HTH Jason Atlanta, GA >-----Original Message----- > >. > Nicole =SUM(A1:M1)- MIN(A1:M1) If you have ties for MIN, only one will get dropped. =SUM(IF(A1:M1<>MIN(A1:M1),A1:M1)) entered with CRTL + SHIFT + ENTER will SUM only cells that are greater than MIN(drop all MIN's) Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Thu, 9 Dec 2004 16:41:06 -0800, Nicole <Nicole@discussions.micros...

Save custom captions in other template than normal.dot
Hi, I am running word 2003 SP3. I am creating templates that should be distributed to many users and I like to create a custom caption. Is there a way to save the custom caption to the template I create instead of to the normal.dot. If not, is there a smart way to get this custom caption "automatically" transferred into my created template? Very greatful for any help, this is a major showstopper for me. Thanks in advance /Maria Unfortunately no. Caption labels can only be saved in the Normal template. -- Stefan Blom Microsoft Word MVP "Maria...

Row/column headings
Hi. The row and column headings are hidden on my spreadsheet--can't find how to unhide... Jeremy -- Message posted via http://www.officekb.com Tools|options|View tab Check Row and Column Headers. "jeremy via OfficeKB.com" wrote: > > Hi. > > The row and column headings are hidden on my spreadsheet--can't find how to > unhide... > > Jeremy > > -- > Message posted via http://www.officekb.com -- Dave Peterson Thanks Dave... -- Message posted via http://www.officekb.com ...

Voucher Number on Receipts
Anyone know how to get the voucher number to show up on the receipt? When I sell a voucher I input the serial number and it shows up on the screen. I just can not figure out the receipt variable that will show this number on the receipt. Your help is appreciated, Dan Try here; https://mbs.microsoft.com/knowledgebase/KBDisplay.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;861511 -- * "Dan" <nospam> wrote in message news:uCqy3Pc%23EHA.3336@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... Anyone know how to get the voucher number to show up on the receipt? When I sell a voucher I input the serial number and it shows u...

One big column to lots of small columns
Howdy Excel experts, I have one big column of data, each chunk of values separated by a space of blank cells. I'd like to take all the data chunks and put them each in their own column, beginning at the top of the worksheet. Basically taking one long column of data and transforming it into a shorter, wider worksheet. I hope this makes sense. Thanks for your help! The feature that will do as you ask is Data > TextToColumns > using space as the delimiter...........try it first on only a copy of your data......... Vaya con Dios, Chuck, CABGx3 "Lee" wrote: > Howd...

I want to show only the first three columns
I want to see only the first three columns and nothing else, no other columns. Hi, Select all the other columns, right click on the mouse, Hide "Padre310" wrote: > I want to see only the first three columns and nothing else, no other columns. In Excel 2007, Hide Columns comes under "Hide & Unhide", from the Format button in the Cells group on the Home tab. In earlier versions, use the Format menu. -- David Biddulph "Padre310" <Padre310@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A3BC4333-5944-4124-8AEC-39D403F3EB4B@microsof...

WorkOrder's (deleting, printing fullpage and 40 column)
1. Is there anyway to delete a workorder from the POS? 2. Initially I would like to setup the workorder to print the fullpage receipt. I was able to do this by pointing the receipt format to the fullpage receipt. When a customer comes into pay the workorder, say for instance with a cc I want it to print a regular 40 column receipt. How can this be done? I have tried recalling the workorder then changing the workorder to a sales transaction by pressing Ctrl-F1 again but it gives me an error 'Invalid Operation 437: An invalid transaction type was detected.' TIA Robert Robert, 1. Re...

Making Text Fit Flush In Columns
Hi everyone, is there a simple method to ensure that the text in my 9.75 H x 3.66 W text boxes fits flush top to bottom so each column of text has perfect alignment? My master page creates my margins but I am then inserting text boxes into these columns. (is this okay or maybe what is causing the misalignment? Thanks in advance. What version Publisher are you using? Have you tried using the Baseline guides? View, Baseline guides. The text size is formatted in the Arrange menu. Format, paragraph, check align text to baseline guides. You will have to do this for every text box. Why are...

chart is up-side down. how do you correct it to normal.
how to fix??? I would try clicking on it. Then notice the "handles". Take the top center handle and drag it down below the bottom center handle. That's all I can think to do. ************ Anne Troy www.OfficeArticles.com "eyewalker" <eyewalker@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C4A846AD-4D35-40A1-98BC-BA41ABC38A6F@microsoft.com... > how to fix??? ...

organizing rows and columns by text
I am trying to add up values in cells that correspond to text in other cells. So, let's say I have 100 rows of various text and columns next to each of those rows have various values. I then want to select certain rows of text based on a certain word in that cell, and if possible, add up the values in other columns for that row. For instance, say I want to organize all rows in column A that have the word cat in it. One row might have "Fat Cat", another might have "Cat food", another might have "Cat types", etc, etc. I want to take all cells ...

Formatted Numbers
Hi All I have number data in two columns as follows Cell A1 1234 Cell B1 056789 Require 1234056789 I tried using =A1&B1 to join them but the 0 disappeared as custom formatting had been applied. Is there a way round this so as to retain the leading zero? Karen One way: =TEXT(A1,"0000") & TEXT(B1,"000000") In article <7fb3611c.0407080554.25a6303f@posting.google.com>, Karen_Thompson90@hotmail.com (Karen) wrote: > Hi All > I have number data in two columns as follows > Cell A1 1234 > Cell B1 056789 > Require 1234056789 > > I tried ...

From column missing in Outlook inbox
Posted before but can't resolve. The From column is missing in Outlook. I clicked something by accident and eliminated the column. running Windows XP and Outlook 2000 Someone suggested run: cleanviews/outlook. didn't work- msg was cdn't locate or somethign like that How do I restore this column? Thanks for the help Right-Click on any other column header, and choose "Field Chooser" from the context menu that pops up. From the Field chooser Drag the From header back up between colums where it used to be. Hope this is helpful. >-----Original Message----- &...

Randomize a column of words in Excel?
I am a relatively basic and new Excel user...I'm not very schooled in Macro-building or running or what have you! I've been given the task of randomizing a list of words. They are currently in one long column in Excel... Is there any way to do this without a Macro? And if not...can anyone calmly help me through the process? ANY HELP WOULD BE HELP OF THE HIGHEST REGARD! Thanks again. Peace and good vibes to you all. One way to do this, without VBA, would be to enter =RAND() in a column adjacent to your word list, copying down as far as you need to go. Then, sort the worksheet us...

how to put data in the column A to the next row of the column B
I have data in 50 columns and 30 rows. I would like to know how to either copy or move the data in the next columns to the next row of the previous column without using "copy and paste" because there are too many columns and I think there is a better way to do this. I want to have only one column combining all data from 50 different columns into one column. So it looks like this after moving or copying the data from columns into one column. column A ------------ A1 .... A30 B1 ( data in the column B is now in the next row in the column A) .... B30 ...... .... AX1 ( data in the...

RECEIVED & SENT Column Confusion
I see you can display the SENT column optionally in Outlook 2003. But strangely, the SENT column shows a time newer than the RECEIVED column. Like a message will say SENT 9:59 PM & RECEIVED 9:31 PM. What's up with that? Thanks, BTJustice one of the mail servers or computers has the wrong time. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Author, Google and Other Search Engines (Visual QuickStart Guide) Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions...

Normalization
How can i normalised my data to 1NF, 2NF and 3NF using excel. Normalizations usually involve the transformation of data in the format y=a*x+b Let's put you a-factor in A1 and your b-factor in B1. If your raw data is in C1 thru C100, then in D1 enter: =$A$1*C1+$B$1 and copy down -- Gary's Student "Jar" wrote: > How can i normalised my data to 1NF, 2NF and 3NF using excel. Excel isn't a database, so it doesn't support relational database concepts. (assume 1NF means first normal form and so forth as defined by Codd). -- Regards, Tom Ogilvy "Jar"...

Convert Unix column to date and time in 2 columns
I used the following as a query expression to convert unix timestamp. DateAdd("s",UnixDate,#1/1/1970#) This got it done but I am now wanting to go one step further and be able to have the date in one column and the time in another for additional queries vs. having them in the same column. Any suggestion? The formula takes this value 1181836800 and returns this: 6/14/2007 4:00:00 PM I would like to somehow end up with 6/14/2007 in one columen and 4:00:00 PM in another. DateValue(date_time_value) and TimeValue( date_time_value) Vanderghast, Access MVP "LizB&quo...

How do I add a percentage to a row of numbers
Example: I want to add 10% to the value of each number in rows A1 through to A500. Each cell contains a different value. (ie. 5, 6.75, 3.15 etc). I know how to add a percentage to a single cell but is there a way you can add a set percentage (10%)to several hundred cells at once without having to do them all individually? Your help is very much appreciated. Put .10 in a cell somewhere>copy it>highlight the cells to change>edit>paste special>multiply -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "Messa" <Messa@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in messag...

Outlook & Normal.dot
MS Outlook 2003, Version (11.6359.6360) SP1 Everytime I reply on a message and it is sent, I get a pop-up message asking me if I want to replace normal.dot because it has been changed. I know that I have chosen Word as my e-mail writer and can therefor see the relation between Normal.dot and Outlook. How can I disable this message from popping up everytime. I have my default template for Word and do not want to change it. I asume it must be some setting somewhere but am not sure where. Regards and thanx, Deon No need to repost; it's not a chatgroup, answers could take a while. -...

Max. number of excel sheet ?
Hi, I would just like to know how many maximum excel sheets can I insert in a workbook. Regards Austin. Available memory only. Could get cumbersome. Why do you need a lot of sheets? -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "Austin" <austin_bom@indiatimes.com> wrote in message news:1e5701c48d04$5db93160$a301280a@phx.gbl... > Hi, > > I would just like to know how many maximum excel sheets > can I insert in a workbook. > > Regards > Austin. Austin That would depend upon the amount of memory and resources your computer has available. The max...

looking for any suggested item number practices
We're in the process of setting up item number naming conventions and we are looking for any suggestions. The best scheme in the world, and the one that never fails, is to number the first item 100001, the second 100002, and keep going. Items should be entered with well formated Descriptions, Generic and Short Names for searches. In other words, if you sell hardware, use Generic Descriptions like Bolts, Nuts, Washers, Nails and all of those parts can be found by looking for the Generic Description. In the Description, make sure that all bolts are described the same, LxWxT, etc ...

Use a Date range to sum a column
What is the formula to sum Column F (the price) if the date is between 1/1/04 and 1/31/04 Date Pric 1/1/04 1073 2-A Druid Hills John Willis Homes Roger Swims $18,000.0 2/2/04 1074 3-A Druid Hills John Willis Homes Roger Swims $18,000.0 1/1/04 1075 1/7/04 1076 29 Darthmouth John Willis Homes Kevin Aycock $21,000.0 Thank you for your help. Looks like you are totaling per month =SUMPRODUCT(--(MONTH($A$2:$A$200)=1),--($A$2:$A$200<>""),$F$2:$F$200) if you r...

normal
How do I change the normal style in Publisher 2000 so that all future publications will use font size 12 automatically rather than 10 which is too small for all of my publications? Thank you in advance. Bill Bill Hall wrote: > How do I change the normal style in Publisher 2000 so that all future > publications will use font size 12 automatically rather than 10 which > is too small for all of my publications? This is not available in Publisher 2000. Publisher 2002 and 2003 offer this feature. The only work around would be to open a blank publication, set your styles, then sa...