Noob question

I really need help wiht this problem .
How do you alter a column size?
I did it once where the cursor would just move it bigger or smaller. I
want to know how you do that.
I would be very grateful for any help.

Thanks

--
Micro_pal
Micro_pal's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=26941

If you want to make column A bigger, place the cursor on the line which is between column A and column B.

The mouse cursor changes to a line with one arrow on the left and one arrow on the right.

Click and hold then move the cursor left to make column A smaller or right to make column A bigger.

--
Please post all replies to the newsgroup for the benefit of others.
Requests for assistance by email will NOT be acknowledged!

"Micro_pal" <Micro_pal.1ur7uc_1125702303.7009@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message

> I really need help wiht this problem .
> How do you alter a column size?
> I did it once where the cursor would just move it bigger or smaller. I
> want to know how you do that.
> I would be very grateful for any help.
>
> Thanks
>

> --
> Micro_pal
> Micro_pal's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=26941
> View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=401633

Move your cursor to the column header where there is a separatio
between columns.  You'll see it change to a vertical line with an arro
pointing to each side when.  When your cursor takes that shape lef
click and drag to right to widen the column or drag left to make i
narrower.

The same technique is used for adjusting row heights

--
Cutte
Cutter's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=984

Lol that was so simple but it was driving me crazy.
Thanks for the help

--
Micro_pa
Micro_pal's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2694
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=40163

You're welcome

--
Cutte
Cutter's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=984
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=40163

I guess the fact that you are not posting directly to a newsgroups encourages
further misuse of newsgroups,  but posting to more than one Excel newsgroup
wastes other people's time.   The fact that excelforum is not suppressed
from Google webpage searches is another big problem that wastes people time
but is one that you have no control over.

The same people are in the newsgroups and it is the newsgroups where your
questions are usually answered nothing to do with excelforum.

Also see the other newsgroup where you posted.
---
HTH,