non vba way to print non continuous ranges #2

Thanks Myrna, I didn't know about the hide columns facility.

It makes what I want to do a lot easier
:

--
DavidObei

DavidObeid's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=223
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=27196

The Quickest way to get Top Page On GooGle...
2 months I had first page organic results and they delivered on every key term I wanted so here they are http://www.atomicsearchengineoptimization.com or you can go straight to their contct page to get a great free report and a friendly call back. http://www.atomicsearchengineoptimization.com/Monthy_plan_rates-seo-services.html SPAM ...

Creating a field to search and enter non duplicate data
Hello all. I have a team of 15 pople that all work with reference numbers, on occasion a number has to be sent to a different work group. I've created a spreadsheet for them to enter the numbers into, but we have been duplicating numbers. I want to create a field to enter th number into, have the field cross reference the exsting numbers, and if it does not find a match, enter the number and sort the list. I know how to create a custom macro that will accomplish what I want to do, but I'd prefer a static formula if it's possible. A formula can not do waht y...

access denied #2
I'm sure these types of questions are asked all the time, but I can't seem to find a recent question about my specific error message: webmaster@calarts.edu on 5/11/2006 11:36 AM You do not have permission to send to this recipient. For assistance, contact your system administrator. <mail.asila.org #5.7.1 smtp;550 5.7.1 Access denied> Reverse DNS is set up. I'm using Outlook 2003 to send the email through my Exchange 2003 server. Is it my mail server denying me to send the email, or is it the recipient's server not accepting the email...

non

In access 2007 60 day trial. Can I experiment with vba?
Hi, I am trying the Access 2007 60 day trial with the microsoft office package. I tried to look at the VBA programming behind a form etc in a template but was unable. Does anybody know if one is able to program with VBA within the Access trial version? I am a very new user and learning vba. Thank you fro any help. Regards: Brian Hi Brian, This should not be a problem, as long as the template actually includes VBA code. I can tell you that none of the community-submitted templates will include VBA code, since it is not allowed. For learning VBA, have a look at this r...

Outlook 2002 Installation Problem #2
I installed my Outlook 2002 when I attempted to start it it refused to start giving me this message: "unable to open your default e-mail folders. The DLL file for the infrmation service could not be found. MAPI was unable to load the information service PSTPRX.DLL. Be sure the service is correctly installed and configured. Do you have any ideas for me Will Decker wdecker2@cox.net Create a new mail profile. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal...

why does excel scale picture when printing?
when printing, pictures come out of printer deformed, i.e. scaled disproportionaly - with more wide than tall. why is it so? is there some tool where I might stop it? it may be just excess background on your picture that your printer preference may be trying to get to fit on that one page. Try cropping by using the format picture until you can see excel gridlines on all four sides. Check with print preview. Also may need to adjust page breaks. "kkrpan" wrote: > when printing, pictures come out of printer deformed, i.e. scaled > disproportionaly - with more wide than ta...

Use calculated cell as part of range reference
I have the following - Sheets("Search Rounds").Range("H8:AD10000").ClearContents which does the job but runs very slowly. I have in cell H6 the following - =COUNTA(H8:H10000) How can I incorporate the value from H6 into ("H8:AD10000") to give the actual populated range that I want to clear? I understand there is also a way using End(xlup) - I think!? - and if so which would be faster to process? Thanks Sandy Why not use a defined name? Insert>name>define>name it myrng>in the refers to box type =OFFSET($H$7,1,0,COUNTA($H:$H)-7,23) Now the r...

cell header for each page print out
Hi - I want to be able to have a row of cells to be a header row for each page - I want this row of cells to align with the column.. I looked at the Header feature but it did not allign with the cells... How do I get a row header (aligned with the cell columns) to print out for each page? Thanks brent Brent File>Page Setup>Sheet>Rows to Repeat at Top Enter 1:1 or just point to row 1. Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Sat, 17 Feb 2007 11:31:27 -0800, "Brent" <sagemaster@mvdsl.com> wrote: >Hi - I want to be able to have a row of cells to be a header row f...

Fill down only cells with Formulas VBA
Using Excel 2003 In the VBA code below, how do I change the code to Fill Down ONLY when Offset(-1,0) is a true formula. i.e. =A1+B1 In this case, I do not want numbers or dates to Fill Down. Sub QuickFill() Dim myRange As Range, myCell As Range Set myRange = Application.InputBox("Select the cells", _ "Make Your Selection", Type:=8) For Each myCell In myRange myCell.Formula = myCell.Offset(-1, 0).Value Next End Sub TIA Dennis One way is to just check: Sub QuickFill() Dim myRange As Range, myCell As Range Set m...

Deleted folder in Outlook... any way to get it back??
I have a client that deleted one of his important folders from within Outlook. All of his folders are stored in his mailbox on the Exchange server. Is there any way to restore the folder? Thanks! In news:AF08DC08-2A0B-4AA7-9BB4-68C1D7AF355A@microsoft.com, Ira <Ira@discussions.microsoft.com> typed: > I have a client that deleted one of his important folders from within > Outlook. All of his folders are stored in his mailbox on the Exchange > server. Is there any way to restore the folder? > > Thanks! Did you have deleted item retention enabled at the time? If...

Groups and Subgroups and VBA
I have a routine (PPT 2007) that goes through all the shapes on a slide, and if they are of a certain type, adds 3D effects to them. The routine knows that groups of shapes exist and can look at each item in a group separately. However, I have some cases where part of the grouping is another set of items that have been grouped previously - a subgrouping within a group. My issue is this - when I list all the items in the group by enumerating the "Groupitems" list, there is no item that is named "Group XXX". Instead, all of the items in the subgroup are list...

Printing #17
How do I print a poster on one page letter size in Publisher? See if your printer has settings to do it. If not, convert the file to a .pdf and then you can reduce it to fit. JoAnn Paules MVP Publisher ...

Require Sales Force Automation (SFA) Software #2
We are basically a Logistics company and looking for SFA(Sales Force Automation Software)through which our sales team can co-ordinate with each other and update the database from different places also view more information http://www.fibre2fashion.com/software-solutions/knowmore.aspx?inquiryid=462. ...

Query a non-MS/non-Active Directory LDAP Server
Hi All, Does anyone know how to query an LDAP server from Access VBA that is not a Microsoft / Active Directory (AD) server? I have found a lot of stuff about how to query AD and have succeeded in doing so. But that does not seem to transfer to the non-MS LDAP server. It gives the error "Automation error" "There is no such object on the server." Thanks, Clifford Bass -- Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access-modules/201004/1 Clifford Is there a chance that there...

To enter data in columns in required order in some special way and to ensure this
I have a series of data in excel. But the datas should be in required order. The datas should be in three columns and the number of rows varies. I want to ensure the following in the rows data: 1. Of the threee rows, the data should be in only one of the three rows 2. Also, the first data should be in first row and the last data in the third row. 3. Except for the last row, as the data entered in the last column the next should be in the first column. How can i ensure this ? Any programming tips. Thanks in advance. I think you need to describe the entrie problem. The...

printing postcards in Publisher 2002
I am trying to print 4 postcards to a page, but the 2 on the right-side keep getting cut-off. I checked to see what my printer default margins were and they are .166. I tried to change my margins in publisher, but it seems to only effect the left side. Any suggestions? What is your bottom margin in portrait? Whatever it is that is the limitation on the right when you print landscape. Read this article: Finding your default margins. http://ed.mvps.org/Static.aspx?=Publisher/horidiag -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com &...

Define Names #2
Are define names in Excel case sensitive? Does Excel see, for example, "PostalCode" differently from "Postalcode"? If so, is there an option to turn on so that they are treated as one? Defined names are not case sensitive. -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP - Excel Pearson Software Consulting, LLC www.cpearson.com "pcw" <peter.cho-wing@a.statcan.ca> wrote in message news:2b9b01c3fc9d$6b944510$a101280a@phx.gbl... > > Are define names in Excel case sensitive? > > Does Excel see, for example, "PostalCode" differently &g...

Non Delivery Strangeness
I rebooted Exchange 2003 SP2 and received the following NonDelivery email on 1/3/2006 for an email sent on12/15/2005. I and other users received a few of these and the server seems to perform normally for the 100's of other emails that are sent and received daily. Thanks, Dan Foxley ---------------------- Your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients. Subject: Purchasing From Your Site Sent: 12/19/2005 2:05 PM The following recipient(s) could not be reached: smartservice@smartwool.com on 1/3/2006 10:17 AM The e-mail system was unable to deliver the message, but d...

dynamic range name
Just wondering if there is a way to create a dynamic range name that adjusts it range as cells in a column added or deleted? Sounds useful.... If it can be done without vba! Bob See this: http://contextures.com/xlNames01.html#Dynamic -- Biff Microsoft Excel MVP "Robert Flanagan" <nospam@nospam.net> wrote in message news:uqJbiTmDKHA.1540@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... > Just wondering if there is a way to create a dynamic range name that > adjusts it range as cells in a column added or deleted? Sounds useful.... > If it can be done without vba! > > Bob ...

VBA Code not shown
I have a Excel File containing VBA macros. But when i want to view the VBA code by going to the does not ask for password as it is expected for a Password Protected Project. Else, it says, project is unviewable. Why is that? Is this something else except a VBA Excel File? How can i see the code? Thanks in Advance. Is the workbook shared? What version excel created the workbook? What version of excel are you using to try to open the project? Subodh wrote: > > I have a Excel File containing VBA macros. > But when i want to view the VBA code by going to the does not a...

I can't vary the length of printing
Hi, I'm writing from Italy. I use Outlook Express 6.00.2900 and IE 8.0.6001. From when I have passed from IE7 to IE8 I can't decide the length of printing with Outlook Express: it is fixed to about 76 characters and I can't vary it in any way. Is there a way I could be allowed to do that? Thank you very much, Paul You need to post in an Outlook Express newsgroup. This one is for Outlook. They are completely different programs. "Paul" <nospam@nospam.it> wrote in message news:4a38e47e$0$6830$5fc30a8@news.tiscali.it... : Hi, I'm writing from Italy. I use Outlo...

Printing #25
Hello, I have a user with Excel XP and they are printing many pages at one time, it prints the the 1st page first and the last one last. They'd like to switch it so they can have the 1st page on the top of the pile when finished. Is there a way to change that? Thanks Craig Some printers have this option built in. You should check your printer's properties. But if yours doesn't support this (mine doesn't), then you could use a macro to print in reverse order: Option Explicit Sub testme() Dim TotalPages As Long Dim pCtr As Long TotalPages = Execute...

printed P.O.s have several blank lines
Why do my printed/exported purchase orders have several blank lines between the items and the subtotal? Is there a way to get rid of them? PLEASE Cc me your anser directly. Thanks! -- ______________________________________________________ Larry Leveen OlyBikes Bikes, Parts, Repairs & GREAT Customer Service! 124 State Avenue NE Olympia, WA 98501 P: 360-753-7525 F: 360-528-7526 info@olybikes.com www.olybikes.com Featuring free bike advocacy and safety materials! ...

Error 4605 toggling TrackRevisions in VBA
Intermitent problem: My code (see below) results in a 4605 error message when called from a button click sub. The button click sub is run when a user clicks a button control I've placed on a Word .docm page. If I record a macro from within the document that toggles TrackRevisions, there is no error and I can run the macro as much as a I want with no trouble. However, once I go back and run the button click sub, I start getting the error again, even when I run the previously OK macro. See the bottom of this post for the full code for the button click sub. Maybe it&...