No "Options" option

Hi guys,
            I recently put the following code in a spreed sheet and lost the
access to options (greyed out):

Sub DisableCuts()
    Dim oCtls As CommandBarControls, oCtl As CommandBarControl
    Set oCtls = CommandBars.FindControls(ID:=21) ''Cut
    If Not oCtls Is Nothing Then
        For Each oCtl In oCtls
            oCtl.Enabled = False
        Next
    End If
    Set oCtls = CommandBars.FindControls(ID:=522) ''Options
    If Not oCtls Is Nothing Then
        For Each oCtl In oCtls
            oCtl.Enabled = False
        Next
    End If
    With Application
        .OnKey "^x", ""
        .OnKey "+{Del}", ""
        .CellDragAndDrop = False
    End With
End Sub

This has effected both home and work computers, the only ones that i
installed this code in... Any ideas?

Regards
Keef

0
Keef

I posted that code.  Along with the antidote that you must have lost:

Sub EnableCuts()
    Dim oCtls As CommandBarControls, oCtl As CommandBarControl
    Set oCtls = CommandBars.FindControls(ID:=21)
    If Not oCtls Is Nothing Then
        For Each oCtl In oCtls
            oCtl.Enabled = True
        Next
    End If
    Set oCtls = CommandBars.FindControls(ID:=522)
    If Not oCtls Is Nothing Then
        For Each oCtl In oCtls
            oCtl.Enabled = True
        Next
    End If
    With Application
        .OnKey "^x"
        .OnKey "+{Del}"
        .CellDragAndDrop = True
    End With
End Sub

--
Jim Rech
Excel MVP
"Keef" <a@b.com> wrote in message
| Hi guys,
|            I recently put the following code in a spreed sheet and lost
the
| access to options (greyed out):
|
| Sub DisableCuts()
|    Dim oCtls As CommandBarControls, oCtl As CommandBarControl
|    Set oCtls = CommandBars.FindControls(ID:=21) ''Cut
|    If Not oCtls Is Nothing Then
|        For Each oCtl In oCtls
|            oCtl.Enabled = False
|        Next
|    End If
|    Set oCtls = CommandBars.FindControls(ID:=522) ''Options
|    If Not oCtls Is Nothing Then
|        For Each oCtl In oCtls
|            oCtl.Enabled = False
|        Next
|    End If
|    With Application
|        .OnKey "^x", ""
|        .OnKey "+{Del}", ""
|        .CellDragAndDrop = False
|    End With
| End Sub
|
| This has effected both home and work computers, the only ones that i
| installed this code in... Any ideas?
|
| Regards
| Keef

0
jrrech (1933)
1/31/2005 8:38:23 PM
thanks jim,
i'm a dill i found it... i will give it a go

regards
keef

"Jim Rech" <jrrech@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>I posted that code.  Along with the antidote that you must have lost:
>
> Sub EnableCuts()
>    Dim oCtls As CommandBarControls, oCtl As CommandBarControl
>    Set oCtls = CommandBars.FindControls(ID:=21)
>    If Not oCtls Is Nothing Then
>        For Each oCtl In oCtls
>            oCtl.Enabled = True
>        Next
>    End If
>    Set oCtls = CommandBars.FindControls(ID:=522)
>    If Not oCtls Is Nothing Then
>        For Each oCtl In oCtls
>            oCtl.Enabled = True
>        Next
>    End If
>    With Application
>        .OnKey "^x"
>        .OnKey "+{Del}"
>        .CellDragAndDrop = True
>    End With
> End Sub
>

> --
> Jim Rech
> Excel MVP
> "Keef" <a@b.com> wrote in message
> | Hi guys,
> |            I recently put the following code in a spreed sheet and lost
> the
> | access to options (greyed out):
> |
> | Sub DisableCuts()
> |    Dim oCtls As CommandBarControls, oCtl As CommandBarControl
> |    Set oCtls = CommandBars.FindControls(ID:=21) ''Cut
> |    If Not oCtls Is Nothing Then
> |        For Each oCtl In oCtls
> |            oCtl.Enabled = False
> |        Next
> |    End If
> |    Set oCtls = CommandBars.FindControls(ID:=522) ''Options
> |    If Not oCtls Is Nothing Then
> |        For Each oCtl In oCtls
> |            oCtl.Enabled = False
> |        Next
> |    End If
> |    With Application
> |        .OnKey "^x", ""
> |        .OnKey "+{Del}", ""
> |        .CellDragAndDrop = False
> |    End With
> | End Sub
> |
> | This has effected both home and work computers, the only ones that i
> | installed this code in... Any ideas?
> |
> | Regards
> | Keef

0
Keef
2/1/2005 10:05:33 AM
it's funny how it effects excel for every spreedsheet i've done since???

"Jim Rech" <jrrech@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>I posted that code.  Along with the antidote that you must have lost:
>
> Sub EnableCuts()
>    Dim oCtls As CommandBarControls, oCtl As CommandBarControl
>    Set oCtls = CommandBars.FindControls(ID:=21)
>    If Not oCtls Is Nothing Then
>        For Each oCtl In oCtls
>            oCtl.Enabled = True
>        Next
>    End If
>    Set oCtls = CommandBars.FindControls(ID:=522)
>    If Not oCtls Is Nothing Then
>        For Each oCtl In oCtls
>            oCtl.Enabled = True
>        Next
>    End If
>    With Application
>        .OnKey "^x"
>        .OnKey "+{Del}"
>        .CellDragAndDrop = True
>    End With
> End Sub
>

> --
> Jim Rech
> Excel MVP
> "Keef" <a@b.com> wrote in message
> | Hi guys,
> |            I recently put the following code in a spreed sheet and lost
> the
> | access to options (greyed out):
> |
> | Sub DisableCuts()
> |    Dim oCtls As CommandBarControls, oCtl As CommandBarControl
> |    Set oCtls = CommandBars.FindControls(ID:=21) ''Cut
> |    If Not oCtls Is Nothing Then
> |        For Each oCtl In oCtls
> |            oCtl.Enabled = False
> |        Next
> |    End If
> |    Set oCtls = CommandBars.FindControls(ID:=522) ''Options
> |    If Not oCtls Is Nothing Then
> |        For Each oCtl In oCtls
> |            oCtl.Enabled = False
> |        Next
> |    End If
> |    With Application
> |        .OnKey "^x", ""
> |        .OnKey "+{Del}", ""
> |        .CellDragAndDrop = False
> |    End With
> | End Sub
> |
> | This has effected both home and work computers, the only ones that i
> | installed this code in... Any ideas?
> |
> | Regards
> | Keef

0
Keef
2/1/2005 10:09:17 AM
>>it's funny how it effects excel for every spreedsheet i've done since???

When changes are made to the menus or toolbars, either manually or by
macros, they are recorded in you toolbar file (Excelx.XLB) and restored each
time you restart Excel.  The changes have no link to the workbook that
happens to be open at the time.  So when Options was disable, it's disabled
"permanently".

"Permanently" meaning until a macro enables it, or you delete your XLB file
(with Excel closed) (this resets ALL menus/toolbars to their default
settings), or you use View, Toolbars, Customize, Toolbars, pick a
toolbar/menubar, and click Reset.

--
Jim Rech
Excel MVP

0
jrrech (1933)
2/1/2005 1:22:07 PM
thanks for the tip jim, is there any way to disable cut in a workbook and
have it follow the workbook around, not harming the excel application?

>>>it's funny how it effects excel for every spreedsheet i've done since???
>
> When changes are made to the menus or toolbars, either manually or by
> macros, they are recorded in you toolbar file (Excelx.XLB) and restored
> each
> time you restart Excel.  The changes have no link to the workbook that
> happens to be open at the time.  So when Options was disable, it's
> disabled
> "permanently".
>
> "Permanently" meaning until a macro enables it, or you delete your XLB
> file
> (with Excel closed) (this resets ALL menus/toolbars to their default
> settings), or you use View, Toolbars, Customize, Toolbars, pick a
> toolbar/menubar, and click Reset.
>
> --
> Jim Rech
> Excel MVP

0
Keef

Why is redirect rule absent from my rules and alerts options?
Outlook 2003 help at <http://office.microsoft.com/en-au/outlook/HA011502011033.aspx?pid=CH063564671033> offers a choice of either forwarding or redirecting mail. I want to redirect mail to a webmail address to access it more easily while travelling. Redirect suits me better than forwarding, as forwarded mail all appears to come from me (i.e. original sender is not visible until mail is opened -- bit inconvenient). The forwarding option/s are visible among the checkboxes under 'Rules and alerts' but there is no sign of the 'Redirect it to people or distribution list&#...

Tools,Options, Email Options, AdvancedE-mail Options,
Hi, Windows XP, Outlook 2003, Desktop Alert stop popup, When it check in - Tools,Options, Email Options, AdvancedE-mail Options, It supposed to be "Preview" option, its not , In "When new item arrive in my Inbox" all the option mark, But when new mail arrived Desktop Alert not popup, What could be the problem Thank you & Bets Regards, Yakov Do you have a rule set to move messages? If you do then you need to add showing the Desktop Alert to that rule. "Yakov" <Yakov@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:304C2EEA-5839-47B1-A737-475921A51D...

Options okn Tools Menu
I have a user who is using Excel 97. When he goes to the menu bar and selects Tools then Options, the Options chioce is there but when you clck on it it does nothing. Has anyone had this issue before and if so how can I get his Options functionality back? Excel and Office has been uninstalled and reinstalled several times. Maybe this is it: XL97: Page Fault or Violation When You Click Options on the Tools Menu http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;108032 sounds like it describes your Tools|Options problem (it says it was corrected in xl97 SR2). Ron Davidson wrote:...

Power options issue 06-24-10
When I click on Control Panel and then Power Options and set turn off monitor to 20 minutes and turn off hard drive to 20 minutes nothing happens. However if I change those settings to turn off monitor to 1 minute and turn off hard drive to 3 minutes it works every time. I do not know what the problem is or how to correct it, so any help would be greatly appreciated. You should also know that no changes to my system have been made since this problem started happening. The turn off cannot be executed until the computer is not running anything for the amount of time you selec...

Change printing options based on tender types
I have curerntly setup our POS registers to automotically print 40-column receipts and to prompt the user for whether or not to print a large 80-column invoice. However, I would like to have large invoices automatically print for all charge account tenders. Is there a way to specify the print behavior based on the tender type for the transaction? Thanks, Paul Arenson Anderson Plywood Sales, Culver City, CA not without an add-in. Seems like someone posted something about that within the last few weeks - try searching the newsgroup. -- Glenn Adams Tiber Creek Consulting http://ww...

Validation Options with option List
Good morning! i have set up an validation list option in Excel so i can choose what option to pick. For example, i can choose test1, test2 and/or test3. But what i want to try to do is when i choose one of the options test1,test2 and/or test3 i want for those options different fields like for example: Test1 this is the text of data for test1 When i choose the option Test2 i want the text or data cleared for test1 and see the text for option 2. I hope you can help me with this problem, thanks in advanced! Edo -- EdoZwart ---------------------------------------------------------------...

Insert options
I've recently been "upgraded" to Office 2010 from Office 2003 and find the "Ribbon" interface really horrible. A good example is in Excel. In Excel 2003 if I wanted to insert a row or column it was simple. Go to the insert menu and select either rows or columns. To do the same task in Excel 2010 the logical place to go is the "Insert" ribbon. This lets me insert lots of things, but none of them are rows or columns. To do that I have to go to the "Home" ribbon and then there is an Insert button from where I can insert rows or columns. I thought one ...

data validation
Is it possible to create a similar function like data validation, from which I can select multiple options? (Background: I need a list of many names, from which I case by case can select). Not really. Maybe you could use a listbox. I added a listbox from the Forms toolbar to a worksheet. I called it "List Box 1". I rightclicked on that listbox and chose Format Control. On the Control tab, I chose Selection Type of Multi. I also pointed at the range that held the values that go in that listbox. Then I added a button from the Forms toolbar (I click the button when I'm d...

Problems with Excel Horizontal arrays with regional options using.
Entering a vertical array ={10;20} works ok, but horizontal array ={10,20} gives 10,2 ;-) in both cells instead of 10 and 20 in the two cells. This happens, I presume, because I work with a comma as decimal separator and NOT with the American . I do suppose that Excel has got some solution for this behaviour. I, in principle, do NOT want to change the regional options. ...

Program Name Options
I cannot find the Program Name Options when I select Microsoft Office Button. It is not there. How do I get it? Look in the lower right corner of the block, just inboard of the Exit "X" Richard LeBlanc wrote: > I cannot find the Program Name Options when I select Microsoft Office > Button. It is not there. How do I get it? Thanks "Bob I" <birelan@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:u7UaEj6vKHA.5940@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... > Look in the lower right corner of the block, just inboard of the Exit "X" > > Richard LeBlanc wrote...

SOL_SOCKET Socket Options?
Hello everyone I use the following code to set send timeout and receive timeout for HTTP request but the timeout is about 60 seconds in Windows 98, not 15 seconds which I expect My question is Do Socket Options SO_SNDTIMEO and SO_RCVTIMEO not work in Windows 98 +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ #include "winsock2.h . . m_nSendTimeout=5000 m_nRecvTimeout=10000 . . //set recieve timeou if(setsockopt(sckHTTPSocke ,SOL_SOCKE ,SO_RCVTIME ,(const char *)&m_nRecvTimeou ,sizeof(m_nRecvTimeout))!=0 closesocket(sckHTTPSocket) return //set send timeou...

groupmethod options
When designing reports (.qrp files), what can you set GroupMethod to besides groupmethodNone or groupmethodSum? Thanks, Mike FDA ...

Power Options
I have an HP laptop using Vista SP-2. Until recently, the power settings worked the way I set them (especially shutting off the display after 15 minutes of idle time). Now, this particular setting doesn't work (the display stays on all the time). I haven't checked the other settings yet. Tried Google but couldn't find anything that applied. Suggestions for a solution? Sorry, but I tried to cross-post to two groups and NEITHER group posted my message. So I posted them individually. ...

No "Options" option
Hi guys, I recently put the following code in a spreed sheet and lost the access to options (greyed out): Sub DisableCuts() Dim oCtls As CommandBarControls, oCtl As CommandBarControl Set oCtls = CommandBars.FindControls(ID:=21) ''Cut If Not oCtls Is Nothing Then For Each oCtl In oCtls oCtl.Enabled = False Next End If Set oCtls = CommandBars.FindControls(ID:=522) ''Options If Not oCtls Is Nothing Then For Each oCtl In oCtls oCtl.Enabled = False Next End If With Application ...

Training options
I'm looking for some sort of training on RMS 1.2, since no one on our staff knows how to use all its features. MS eLearning has several options, but they are geared toward a reseller getting trained on the install/config. I'm primarily concerned with training on the operations side of things. Does anyone know of any such beast? Preferably online or CD based, but classroom on the west coast *may* be an option. Thanks, Herb Have you contacted your VAR? They should be able to provide onsite training. -- Jocelyn "Herb" wrote: > I'm looking for some sort of t...

where is Options?
Cant find in windows live mail beta 4:- Options |Send | News Sending Format | Plain Text Settings | Indent the original text (etc). Anyone help? Thanks Alt F/Options/Mail/Send or Windows Live Mail button/Options/Mail/Send -- ....winston ms-mvp mail "John Smith" wrote in message = news:uArKTjOMLHA.5312@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... Cant find in windows live mail beta 4:- Options |Send | News Sending Format | Plain Text Settings | Indent the original text (etc). Anyone help? Thanks=20 Ah, great, tvm J ---------- "...winston" wrote...

Tile Printing Options vs. Book Printing Options
My first time using MSFT Publisher. As I was making some minor changes in my doc prior to my final print I screwed up big time. Somehow I changed the print features from "Book Printing Options" to "Tile Printing Options." I was working on a 11" X 17" print format newsletter paged for duplex printing. My view is no longer a portrait view but has scrunched everything into landscape. I have tried changing everything I can think of to try and get it back to normal, but no luck. The printer dialogue box offers "tile options," but will not let m...

Where do I find the Attachment Options in Outlook Mail 2007?
I am trying to send pictures as attachments to E-mail messages but they get stuck in the Outbox forever. I was told that I need to activate an "Attachment Option" but my problem is that I can't find the Tab where the Attachment Options are. Can anybody tell me where to find it so I can tell it to resize my pictures? Thank you. What size is the attached file(s)? There maybe restictions put in place by your ISP as to mail sizes Do you have an anti virus application integrated with Outlook? If so with outlook closed uninstall the AV, reboot, retest outlook. Reinsta...

Disabled/not accesible options
Hi, I'm using Outlook 2002 (10.2627.2625), in a XP box completely updated. No recent changes/installation or updates but now all "New" options are disabled for all the groups, i.e. Contacts, Calendar, Mail, etc. If I try to enter a new appointment right clicking in the calendar I get a "Could not save item" error message Item more, I can not send, forward or reply emails (which are properly read). "Customize" and "Options" sub-menus are also disabled, don't know if it has something to do. I've tried "Detect and Repair" with ...

Mailbox Restriction Options
Hello, I know in Microsoft Exchange, you can restrict each user's mailbox by size (in Megabytes). However, our company wants to restrict each user's mailbox by date-- For example, a user can only have 30 days of email in their mailbox before it is deleted--no matter how big the message is. Can exchange do that, or is my only option to restrict the mailbox by size. Delf You might mention the version of Exchange you have. I think the mailbox manager will do what you want: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;302804 <delf.meek@gmail.com> wrote in message ...

Quotes add in for Excel->some options not working
Sorry for posting here but seems the most experts on this hang out here. I've been using Excel Stock Quote add in for several months in an Excel worksheet. Mostly stock quotes but 8-9 options quotes as well. Everything working fine until today when 4 of the options refuse to update at all. The corresponding stock price updates no problem as do all other quotes. But these options quotes are either wrong or not updating at all. I've made no changes. Anyone seeing anything else where that might account for this weirdness? options quotes are for AAPL, ATLS, C See ...

Hi Anyone! I need to change my "Options" but when I click on "Tools" -> "Options" it's does let me go anywhere. Please advise. Thanks Cathy Protection on? -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "Access Front End" <AccessFrontEnd@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:43579F30-D87F-4B1D-BFE6-0AF783EF5814@microsoft.com... > Hi Anyone! > > I need to change my "Options" but when I click on "Tools" -> "Options" > it's > does let me go anywhere. Please advise. Thanks ...

Cash Received History Options
Set up Cash Received history like Sales History (Setup|Sales|Receivables|Options) where you can choose to have discount, freight, miscellaneous, tax; included in Cash history. We would like the ability to not have sales tax included in our cash received history. thanks, ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and ...

Autocorrect Options
the dialog box for [Autocorrect Options] under [Spelling] > [Spelling and autocorrection] is grayed out. The replace text as you type box is checked, but I receive no spelling or grammer flags as I type. All checking is done after hitting send. "Ray L" <Ray L@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:158231A3-906E-4518-A393-B5227AFE4CA8@microsoft.com... > the dialog box for [Autocorrect Options] under [Spelling] > [Spelling and > autocorrection] is grayed out. > The replace text as you type box is checked, but I receive no spelling or > g...

When I compose a message, then get ready to send to recipients ,when I click on their names it automatically puts it in the To column,and does not wait for me to click on Bcc where I want it placed.So frustrating,& time consuming to delete and put it right. Single click, don't double click on the name. "the older chick" <the older chick@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C2EA2E4D-7D7E-40B4-9C10-9C1E150D053D@microsoft.com... > When I compose a message, then get ready to send to recipients ,when I > click > on their names it automa...